Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Finally Getting Along

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2868

Finally Getting Along Empty
PostSubject: Finally Getting Along   Finally Getting Along EmptySat 10 Jun 2023 - 12:02

Sprucebark had still not fully ever come to full terms with the fact that Minksplash was now gone. He would sometimes wake up middle of night thinking of it. It had not been easy recently but he was doing the best he could with it.

The one positive thing perhaps to come out of all this however was that he and Rowansong were actually on better terms than ever before. In the past, the two of them were often at ends with one another and often got into silly kittish like arguments that were usually pointless but had driven them far apart. Now however, both of them had matured a great deal and although they would always be very different in how they approached situations and life in general, they at least had an understanding now more than ever before. And dare I say they even somewhat got along now?? Which would have been unheard of a couple moons ago. But with Sprucebark learning alot from both Poppyshine and Perchstar about the warrior code offering a new perspective on things combined with the recent growth of Rowansong. The two experienced warriors were now a formidable force that few would dare to cross.

Sprucebark had the day free from patrols which was not common at all. But he had checked and double checked his schedule and sure enough he had no where he had to be currently. Which felt a bit weird for the very formal and organized tom who always liked to have things planned out of what he would do next and such.

Glancing over he saw his brother nearby and he gave a greeting wave of his tail as he went over to him. "Good morning Rowansong!"
"Would you want to partake in an activity perhaps?" he purred still being formal as ever but that was just how sprucebark was.

He met Rowansongs gaze "I know in the past we have not always seen eye to eye perhaps. And I fully recognize I wasn't always the easiest to get along with in the past maybe" the memories of snapping at Rowansong earlier when Perchstar was missing came to mind.

"but I think we can move past those if you are wanting to? I know I want to now. I have grown up alot and I think watching you also have. More than anything else, we are siblings and I don't want to lose yo- his voice trailed off glancing away. What was left unsaid was that life was too short to keep these silly kit type yelling competitions at each other. Left unsaid but fully known was that Sprucebark often wished he had gotten to spend more time with Minksplash before the end. He did not want to make the same mistake here and now.

"If you want we could work on sparring maybe? Little brother competition? But...in a healthy way this time"

(yea sums it up they get along now and 2 seconds later are gonna go spar and smack each other Yes Smile Laughing I mean it makes sense to me at least I guess)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2499

PostSubject: Re: Finally Getting Along   Finally Getting Along EmptyFri 16 Jun 2023 - 17:18

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Rowansong

For a rare moment, Rowansong had nothing to do. Larkpaw was under the watch of another patrol right now, and he currently had no duties of his own to attend to. It was nice, to have a moment to relax, but it made his paws tingle with unspent energy. He always hated being still, and had made himself as busy as possible for the early moons of being a warrior. Now, almost a season later, the world had slowed down— but he hadn’t figured out how to.

That want for something to occupy him kept his ears from flattening at Sprucebark’s approach. His brother had been snappish with him after Perchstar’s sudden disappearance, and even for a time following her return, Sprucebark’s temper was short with him. But he seemed chipper enough this morning… so Rowansong sat up a little straighter, tail waving in return.

His head tipped a bit at the suggestion of an activity, interest starting to reflect in his eyes. Sprucebark rarely, if ever, came to him for fun. His reasoning came soon after, and Rowansong listened quietly. His clipped ear flicked once at Sprucebark’s admittance he hadn’t been easy to get along with, and once again when his voice trailed away. Rowansong stared at his brother, blinking slowly when he looked away.

He remained quiet for a few seconds before mewing, “I suppose I hadn’t been the most agreeable, as an apprentice. Perhaps I am not now, either.” It was his turn to shrug and look away. “But you are my only brother. I would be remiss in my duty as such if I were not to take you up on your offer, wouldn’t I?” Rowansong brightened, shifting away from the more somber subject. He wasted no time in getting to his paws, tail streaming behind him. “A spar sounds lovely, dear brother. Come, come.”

He led them a little ways out of camp, getting far enough into the territory that they wouldn’t be in the way of anything before coming to a halt. “I hope you do not begrudge me for attacking so flagrantly.” Rowansong’s voice was sing-songy as he turned gingerly on his pads. He offered a quick smile Sprucebark’s way, gathered his weight in his hind legs, and threw himself forward to barrel Sprucebark to the ground.

Rowansong used Leap and Hold, dealing 8 damage and costing 15 SP.

Rowansong

50/50 HP
105/120 (-15) SP

Sprucebark
62/70 (-8) HP
160/160 SP

I need the sound of crowds, or I can't fall asleep at night.Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2868

PostSubject: Re: Finally Getting Along   Finally Getting Along EmptyFri 16 Jun 2023 - 23:59

Sprucebark smiled back at his brother.  He was so pleasantly surprised that Rowansong forgave him and even offered an admittance that they had both been difficult to get along with in the past.

Sprucebark gave a little nod but kept the positive smile.

“A spar sounds lovely, dear brother. Come, come.”  Sprucebark blinked looking at his brother.

It had been such a long long time since Sprucebark had felt like everything was ok in the world.

Between his new big fear of the river or any water ever since soot and mink died and the sleepless nights of missing his sister he had been feeling like he was not a riverclan warrior if he could not even stand the sight of water or the river.

He had tried to talk to poppyshine about the loss of mink and Soot and while it had helped, a big sore pit of awful feelings still lurked over him. The fear of water in his own territory made him upset... how could he be a riverclanner if he could not even stand the sound of the river or patrol near it without being almost sick with loss and pain?

However, those two little words 'dear brother' warmed him from the inside out in an amazing feeling of belonging again.  He felt like recently he had been dragged along through the mud and didnt know what he was supposed to do next at times.  But hearing Rowansong forgive him for his past mistakes of sometimes being difficult and hearing Rowansong admit that it was not all solely sprucebark's fault in taking ownership that they had both been difficult.  It was some much needed bonding in a time when everything else felt to be in the dump.

Rowansong shifted the mood to be brighter and Sprucebark felt lifted by Rowansong's spirits.

In the PAST, all Sprucebark could think about when thinking of his brother was about how his brother could be so unorganized or at times rebellious to an extent that USED to annoy him.

However, NOW Rowansongs voice was sing-songy and his spirits so high.  Sprucebark now was able to see his brother as he should have all along.  See him as family and as someone who had his back in all this when things felt so low. He could see more clearly, the bright energy and sing-songy nature of his brother now.  He could see beyond what he could before of the unorganized brother.  The lesson with perchstar had helped him understand things at a deeper level about the code that was so important to him and in doing so, he had grown up alot. And he would vow to have Rowansongs back too.  Losing one sibling had woken them both up and gave them a metaphorical smack over the heads.  And luckily, it appeared to be that the message was recived in how things were now off on the right track this time.

Their past of butting heads felt trivial now, the newfound energy and belonging that Sprucebark felt just from the simple yet powerful gesture his brother gave him just now was very wholesome.

“I hope you do not begrudge me for attacking so flagrantly.” Rowansong had said with a smile even.

Sprucebark returned the smile getting into his defensive stance "From now on.
I dont want to begrudge you for anything anymore.  You are my brother and I promise to start treating you like that, as we should have all along.
a bit of a pause was taken "I care about you alot"

Sprucebark was thinking of anything else he wanted to say but the fight started catching him slightly off gaurd as he was bowled into by his brother.

Before he knew it he was in a hold.  Squirming a bit he worked on getting out of it.

Duck and Twist is forced here

Spruce failed to break free of the pin

Rowansong
46/50 HP (-4)
105/120

Sprucebark
62/70 HP
155/160 SP (-5)

More Swiftheart

Last edited by speedy on Sat 17 Jun 2023 - 0:09; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15089

PostSubject: Re: Finally Getting Along   Finally Getting Along EmptyFri 16 Jun 2023 - 23:59

The member 'speedy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 3

Finally Getting Along Mistpe10
Finally Getting Along Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally Getting Along   Finally Getting Along Empty

Back to top Go down

Finally Getting Along
Page 1 of 1