Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Will You Listen? [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1852

Will You Listen? [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Will You Listen? [Closed]   Will You Listen? [Closed] EmptyWed 7 Jun 2023 - 8:53

Burdockroot had requested that Leopardsun join her on a private herb hunt. Burdockroot enjoyed efficiency, and there was nothing more efficient than both talking and herb hunting at the same time. If one just sat and talked, their paws were idle and tasks went undone. So, the two walked to the Deep Marshes, where herbs were more plentiful. After they escaped the ear shot of camp, Burdockroot cleared her throat before talking in an even, controlled, but some what afflictive tone. "Harriertalon has been doing well in her training. I hope it is enough for what's to come. She has not really seen the bloodshed that follows angry claws." When Burdockroot treated violence for the first time, she did not have guidance or support from anyone. But this time, unlike Fuzzybelly, she was still here. It would never be said out loud to anyone, but her goal right now wasn't to be ShadowClan's medicine cat. It was to train Harriertalon to be ShadowClan's medicine cat. It was clear and evident to herself that the clan viewed her as their guidance in healing. No matter how hard Burdockroot worked on herself, she doubt it would change. So, she needed to make sure Harriertalon could provide that service to the clan. When Harriertalon was ready, Burdockroot would... What would she do? Leave? Retire? Die? She wasn't sure, yet. But an opportunity would be granted to her when the time was right.

Dice Roll Results
6: Celadine, Marigold, Poppy seeds.
4-5: Basil, Burdockroot, Elderleaves, Horsetail.
2-3: Alderbark, Borage, Cobwebs, Coltsfoot, Dock, Moss.
1: Holly berries

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6037

PostSubject: Re: Will You Listen? [Closed]   Will You Listen? [Closed] EmptyWed 7 Jun 2023 - 12:01

"I'm glad to hear it," Leopardsun said. She had found that once she'd realized Burdockroot wasn't actively trying to make things difficult, it was a lot easier to view ShadowClan's elder medicine cat in good faith. "I worry about her, but- well. You drag a half-drowned kit out of the marsh, not sure if they'll survive the night, and I suppose you'll keep on worrying about them for the rest of your life. At least I know I can trust she's safe with you."

A medicine cat couldn't avoid the battlefield, but they were often separate from the worst of it. And wasn't that selfish of her, to be glad that at least one of her children would be spared from the eye of the storm?

As Burdockroot spoke of what was to come, the acting leader let out a soft sigh; one she hoped was hidden by the sounds of the night that surrounded them. "As do I. What's that saying, I almost remember... The storms on the horizon? They grow stronger every day. I've watched ShadowClan falter before, and each time we've pulled through- if only just."

How long is that luck going to last?

She wasn't sure why she kept talking. If asked, she'd blame it on the lack of sleep; she'd been stretching herself too thin, the way she used to, because it meant there was less time to think. It also meant there was less time to rest.

"...Burdockroot, I have no idea what I'm doing."

I'm not a leader. I'm a warrior, a fighter, but- I'm not a leader.

Not that anyone ever asked.

"...These aren't herbs, are they?" she asked, gesturing to a bush filled with red berries.

Leopardsun has found holly berries!

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3

Last edited by Holly on Wed 7 Jun 2023 - 12:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15032

PostSubject: Re: Will You Listen? [Closed]   Will You Listen? [Closed] EmptyWed 7 Jun 2023 - 12:01

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 1

Will You Listen? [Closed] Mistpe10
Will You Listen? [Closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will You Listen? [Closed]   Will You Listen? [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Will You Listen? [Closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory :: Deep Marshes-
Jump to: