Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

living in the moment [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6041

living in the moment [c] Empty
PostSubject: living in the moment [c]   living in the moment [c] EmptyMon 5 Jun 2023 - 13:36

Mistflower rarely took initiative. It was why she'd lingered as an apprentice, outside of Dawnfeather's health issues- it was why she counted her friends on one paw. Friend, really, if she wanted to be more specific than cat who would say hello. Foxtrot was the one, aside from Stoneheart (and that was different), to encourage her to keep training and leave camp once in a while.

So, with a sudden spark of confidence, she'd wanted to return the favor. It wasn't the same, but she thought it might be nice.

A walk by the Great Ridge, with no goal in mind other than showing her appreciation.

Her mind raced with what to say: she was quiet, yes, but not for lack of wanting to speak. Words failed her, or else they caught in her throat and wound up swallowed down again. The right ones never came, or the right time to say them-

But she thought maybe she was started to understand. There was no right time, no right place, just the moments she found herself in.

Walking with Dawnfeather, or Foxtrot, or Stoneheart; all different feelings, different moments, but all close to her heart in their own unique ways.

"So-" she started, and paused, unsure of how to continue.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

PostSubject: Re: living in the moment [c]   living in the moment [c] EmptyWed 7 Jun 2023 - 19:24

WASTE IT ON FIXING ALL THE PROBLEMS
THAT YOU MADE IN YOUR OWN HEAD

Foxtrot tried his best to show his surprise when Mistflower approached him and asked to take a walk. Though usually it had always been him to inquire, there was no hesitation when he responded with a, 'Let's do it!' and promptly following. He let her lead this excursion, keeping his thoughts to himself. There were few people that Foxtrot found comfortable enough to let the silence lay - usually he filled the lulls in conversation with mindless chatter; about the weather, recent promotions, rumors - the like. With Mistflower he felt no such obligation. The dark furred tom was content to enjoy the walk, feel the light breeze ruffle his fur. It was nice and the time to relax was much needed.

As her voice broke the silence he turned his head slightly, "Somethin' on your mind?" he prompted curiously. Her uncertainty was blatant but didn't want to push her to speak, they had time, and he had patience.  

FOXTROTT1 SKYCLAN WARRIOR14 MOONS

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: living in the moment [c]   living in the moment [c] EmptySun 11 Jun 2023 - 13:07

"No! Wait, yes...? It's-" Mistflower trailed off, shaking her head. "You know I'm... Not good at talking," she admitted. "But sometimes- there are things you want to say..."

A butterfly breezed past her, and she focused on the way its wings fluttered lightly as it drifted by.

"And you just can't find the words. You can see it, but not reach it- like the clouds. Nothing really captures what you want to say."

When she did have a lot to say, she often trimmed it down to just a few words; and she could, but wouldn't that make it harder to get her point across?

And that was the thought that left her here, stumbling over her words.

"I just wanted to say-"

Thank you, she thought, but didn't say. She wasn't sure why, but the words were stuck on the tip of her tongue.

"...That I'm glad we're here right now."

(She hoped he would understand what she meant to say; but even she wasn't always sure of that. Two simple words, shouldn't it be easy?)

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: living in the moment [c]   living in the moment [c] EmptySun 11 Jun 2023 - 18:55

Foxtrot eyed her, as she trailed off, stumbling over her sentences like a baby deer learning to walk. He gave her an encouraging smile hoping she understood that he was content with listening, with waiting. The tom watched as her gaze moved to the butterfly, his eyes following it.

"Hmm." he hummed in agreement. However, these moments that Mistflower spoke of were far and in between. Words were not something that he had historically struggled with - but finding the right words, the correct words for a given situation, was something he had most certainly struggled with. As she spoke her words settled into his mind and he unpacked them.

"I just wanted to say..."

Hold up.

Foxtrot stopped in his tracks.

She took me all the way out here..and she's trying to tell me something? Surely she's not..she wouldn't be trying to say that. Nononono. Certainly not.

The warrior chuckled shaking his head and wiggled a paw in the air as if he were waggling a finger in disbelief. Well, Foxtrot definitely thought of himself as an attractive tom, he didn't blame Mistflower if she had a crush on him. He shrugged his shoulders pushing his delusional theory out of his mind.

"That I'm glad we're here right now."

Foxtrot's eyes widened, his fur threatening to rise on his neck. Oh no. His theory was correct! She had to be confessing her love for him. The warrior's internal monologue was running as wild as a Tigerclan cat. He hoped his emotions were hidden - he couldn't show her his fear. Instead, he laughed, shaking out his pelt with a loud and over-exaggerated guffaw.

"Well, if you wanted to confess your love to me, you didn't have to bring me all the way out here!" he babbled, anxiously licking down the fur on his chest as he looked away from her. You would think after all of the regular flirtings he had engaged in, he would be fine in the face of a love confession. But it was simply not the case, he didn't think any of the flirting he did as real love. Short bursts of laughter exited his maw to fill the inevitable silence that would fall between them.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: living in the moment [c]   living in the moment [c] EmptyWed 14 Jun 2023 - 15:25

"...What?" Mistflower blinked. Then she blinked again, tilting her head. "I- that-"

Well. It wasn't... Entirely wrong, was it? She had come out her to confess something- her gratitude- and she did love him- she wasn't sure if that was romance-love, the way her heart fluttered in his presence; or if that was simply how friends were, because she didn't have much experience to draw on.

If it was, then she still wasn't ready to face it.

"I meant, um- I wanted- to thank you. For being there," she explained, awkwardly stumbling over her words the way she'd feared. "For being my friend. That's not to say-"

She huffed, a rare frustrated sound as words failed her once again, and glanced to the sky. Clouds covered just part of the sun.

"I do love you, I think. I don't know what that means, or if it's any different than any other love, but- that's not what I came here to say."

She nudged him affectionately.

"After all, I think we should love our friends."

Whether the feelings she had for Foxtrot were strictly platonic or not, she would leave to her future self. Stars, this shouldn't have been so complicated; why did it feel like she was navigating unstable branches? It should be easy, it usually was.

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: living in the moment [c]   living in the moment [c] EmptyTue 27 Jun 2023 - 20:43

Foxtrot waved his paw and looked anywhere but at Mistflower. Had he.. misunderstood? Dear Starclan. If anyone found out he had thought Mistflower was in love with him and it would never be the end! Foxtrot shifted his weight from paw to paw as she explained that she was thankful for him, for being her friend. He breathed a sigh of relief and a sudden weight felt as if it were lifted off his shoulders. So she wasn't in love with him? Yippee!

But why did he feel unsatisfied with her response? There was a feeling in his heart he couldn't quite place but passed it off as just his nerves. That was for future Foxtrot to figure out.

"I'll always be your friend. Don't you worry 'bout that." he promised giving her his most dazzling smile as he nudged her in return. He thought about what she had said, that friends should love each other and he found himself nodding in agreement. Yeah, we should love our friends, "Hmm, I 'spose I love you too then." Foxtrot decided, finding his words coming out with ease and without an ounce of anxiety accompanying them.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: living in the moment [c]   living in the moment [c] EmptyMon 17 Jul 2023 - 11:48

"I'm glad to hear that," Mistflower admitted, voice even softer than before. "I'm not really... Very good at saying what I'm thinking. But I wanted to make sure you know how much I appreciate your friendship. How grateful I am to you for being there, even when I think I don't exactly make it easy."

This time, the words flowed as easily as the creek that wound through SkyClan's territory, and she breathed a soft sigh of relief.

"I'm not really... I'm not brave, not a fighter. I run away when I'm afraid, and it feels like I'm always afraid of something, even now that I'm trying not to be. And you're not the only one who's ever been nice about it, but... You never had to."

A small, soft smile met his own dazzlingly bright one. In that moment she felt like the water, reflecting the blinding light of the sun.

"I don't think anyone ever told you to be my friend. But you chose to. And I'm really glad that you did."

Despite the awkward atmosphere just seconds earlier, she thought that of all the distant places she could see from the heights of the Great Ridge she would be content to stay in this place, this moment, forever. Or at least for whatever little piece of it she could claim for the two of them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: living in the moment [c]   living in the moment [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

living in the moment [c]
Page 1 of 1