Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Let me learn ya somethin' (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ice

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5884

Let me learn ya somethin' (c) Empty
PostSubject: Let me learn ya somethin' (c)   Let me learn ya somethin' (c) EmptyTue 30 May 2023 - 19:15

"Alright. So do you already know anything about sparring?" Curlyfluff asked Copperpaw as the two of them reached the Sandy Hollow. With the weather being not too warm today, he'd decided it'd be a perfect time to get some sparing in.

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Let me learn ya somethin' (c) VHQrlk5
Let me learn ya somethin' (c) 1QYZaRo

Let me learn ya somethin' (c) Molex311
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Let me learn ya somethin' (c)   Let me learn ya somethin' (c) EmptyTue 30 May 2023 - 20:23

Copperpaw nodded in response to Curlyfluff's question. It only took a moment of thought to understand the importance of dodging, and an imaginative mind was all it took to think of suitable battle moves. Those, and an keen ear to catch snipits of conversation from the other apprentices about battle techniques. "I know the Front Paw Strike, Dodge, Snap, Headbutt, Front Paw Blow, Jumping Strike and Tail Yank," She reported, trying her best to recall the moves she had overheard the other apprentices talking about the other day. If she wasn't mistaken, Tail Yank was a move used to stun the enemies. There had been other, more complex moves, but those had slipped her memory and refused to surface no matter how hard she tried to recall them.

Ice

Characters : Fuzzface, Curlyfluff, Sweetheart, Molehill
Clan/Rank : (F)WC/T5, (C)TC/T5, (S)TC/T2, (M)WC/T2
Libra Dragon
Number of posts : 5884

PostSubject: Re: Let me learn ya somethin' (c)   Let me learn ya somethin' (c) EmptyMon 5 Jun 2023 - 17:32

Surprised at his apprentice's knowledge of the types of common battle moves they used, he smiled as she spoke. Training her would certainly be fun for the both of them, seeing as though she seemed to have a good memory and would hopefully flourish with some good solid guidance. "So you know the terms for the moves," Curlyfluff began, a playful smile growing on his maw as he crouched down, his haunches wiggling back and forth. "Show me you know what they mean."

With that, the curly-pelted warrior jumped towards Copperpaw with outstretched paws, making sure to keep his claws sheathed as he bowled her over onto the soft sanding floor below. He of course didn't want to hurt her, but being able to learn how to pay attention and guess an opponents next move was vital.

Curlyfluff used Jumping Strike, dealing -8 + -3 HP and costing -7 SP.

Curlyfluff
HP: 50/50
SP: 113/120 (-7)

Copperpaw
HP: 9/20 (-11)
SP: 60/60

gym rat    crazy poodle lady    mst

Let me learn ya somethin' (c) VHQrlk5
Let me learn ya somethin' (c) 1QYZaRo

Let me learn ya somethin' (c) Molex311
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Let me learn ya somethin' (c)   Let me learn ya somethin' (c) EmptySun 11 Jun 2023 - 0:48

Copperpaw's eyes widened at the suggestion. "I'll show you": those words nearly ripped out of her throat, burning her throat with sudden rage. She swallowed them, taken aback by the need to prove herself. I'll lose anyway; what use is there to want to win? Yet, the hunger did not leave her. Paws knocked her off her paws, sending her tumbling away. Her paws shot out to catch the ground before it found her, and in an instant she was darting forward again. Ferns tangled at her paws, and branches jabbed at her as she passed, but they were all easily ignored.

Already, a plan was forming in her mind: Curlyfluff was bigger, stronger, and more experienced, but she was faster, wasn't she? She'll just have to take the tom by surprise. She ran at the tom, her paws barely touching the ground before they were in the air again. Is this what "Adrenaline" feels like? She darted to the left, but turned to the right at the last moment with bird-like speed. Spotting an opening, Copperpaw lunged forward and clamped her jaws around Curlyfluff's tail. "Tail Yank"- to yank the tail so hard the enemy loses their balance. Just what she needed. With all the strength she had, Copperpaw yanked the tail, before scrabbling away, out of reach from the tom's claws.

Copperpaw used Tail Yank, dealing 7dmg and -15SP
Curlyfluff is stunned for 1 turn

Curlyfluff

HP: 43/50 (-7)
SP: 113/120

Copperpaw
HP: 9/20
SP: 45/60 (-15)

PostSubject: Re: Let me learn ya somethin' (c)   Let me learn ya somethin' (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

Let me learn ya somethin' (c)
Page 1 of 1