Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A change [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetpaw, Maggot, Mushroomkit
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Apprentice [Mg] Outsider Kitten [Mu] Thunderclan Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1441

A change [c] Empty
PostSubject: A change [c]   A change [c] EmptySun 21 May 2023 - 19:50

Sandyshell

The cat stepped skittishly out of Mothermouth. “Hey mama,” she muttered fondly after nosing the dilute awake. Technically, Sandyshell had just slept, yet it felt like she’d just spent the last moon awake. With a quiet yawn, she smiled to her mother, “Good morning.” She was glad to be back in Poppyshine’s company.

“Someone seeks to snuff out a bright light, influenced by murky shadows.”

Dread filled her heart, causing it to speed up and skip beats. “Uhm. I don’t…” She shuffled her paws. “I’m really worried about this one.” Her gaze bounced around the plains surrounding Mothermouth. So bare. Unknown. The small molly avoided looking directly at the sky, but its presence was ever foreboding. “Can we start heading back? I- I can tell you it on the way,” she hoped.

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetpaw
SkC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP
Mushroomkit
TC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 3010

A change [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change [c]   A change [c] EmptyWed 24 May 2023 - 10:43

Poppyshine

Poppyshine blinked the sleep out of her eyes and stood with a stretch. It wasn’t quite dawn, so she hoped that they would make it back to camp by morning so Poppyshine could still deliver daily assignments on time. “Good morning dear,” she purred warmly. She gave her daughter’s cheek a brief lick, but otherwise did not press her affections too strongly. She did not want to embarrass her daughter in front of the other medicine cats. “Of course.”

They started walking and Poppyshine kept quiet until they had fully departed from the other medicine cats’ range. She looked to her daughter in the low lighting as they crossed over the grasses and rocks. “What did the stars tell you?” She pressed against Sandyshell’s fur. Her poor daughter seemed so nervous. She has seemed very nervous for the past several moons. It’s been worrying Poppyshine to no end.
RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetpaw, Maggot, Mushroomkit
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Apprentice [Mg] Outsider Kitten [Mu] Thunderclan Kitten
Cancer Rat

A change [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change [c]   A change [c] EmptyThu 1 Jun 2023 - 16:00

Sandyshell

She took a shakey breath. The small cat spoke slowly, “Okay, so, a Starclan ancestor came up to me, one I haven’t met before.” Her face contorted with worry. Ears sideways and twitching, gaze stuck to the ground as she recalled. “And he said to me, ‘Someone seeks to snuff out a bright light, influenced by murky shadows.’ Sandyshell met her mother’s eyes. Her voice became strained and stumbling, “Does- doesn’t that mean… um… someone’s going to..?” She hesitated, the fur on her spine pricking at the thought. Murder. No. It must just be her anxious mind jumping to conclusions. At the very least, she prayed that's what Poppyshine would tell her.

Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetpaw
SkC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP
Mushroomkit
TC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

A change [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change [c]   A change [c] EmptySat 3 Jun 2023 - 9:32

Poppyshine

Poppyshine frowned as she listened to the prophecy that her daughter received. It made a chill run down her spine. Though her daughter trailed off, she thought of it as well. Murder. ‘Snuffing out a bright light’ certainly seemed to imply it. And with the mention of murky shadows…Poppyshine’s mind turned to ShadowClan. Wasn’t a ShadowClan leader named Murkystar at one point? Poppyshine wasn’t certain, but she thought she remembered that name during her apprenticeship…She blinked her clouding thoughts away.

“We cannot be certain what the stars are trying to tell us, but it is important that we talk to Perchstar about this prophecy when we return home,” Poppyshine assured Sandyshell. “She could also have insight that we are not sure about. So, there is no reason to fret so much until we are home.”

Poppyshine looked to her daughter and she stepped closer to let her warm fur brush against her daughter’s pelt. “Sandy,” she murmured, her voice quieter, “I have been wanting to talk to you about something…Are you happy being a medicine cat?” Poppyshine tilted her head. “Whatever your answer is, it won’t change anything. But I am concerned. From what I’ve seen…it seems this position only frightens you instead of makes you happy.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards  ❊  Codes
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Cancer Rat

A change [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change [c]   A change [c] EmptyWed 21 Jun 2023 - 0:30

Sandyshell

She nodded. With that settled for the moment, she tried to relax for the rest of the trip back home. She took a deep breath and appreciated her mother by her side.

“Sandy.” The shift in volume set her nerves off. It was the voice Poppyshine used to be gentle, which meant something bad. The question was posed… she didn’t know the right response. “Am I… happy? … … No no I like my job. I- I just.. It’s.. kind of scary. But- it’s not as scary as a warrior’s life.” Sandyshell knew the truth. She was a coward. Ridiculously petrified to a level that was truly concerning. A coward who can’t keep it to herself.

She met her mama’s eyes, heard her voice, and realized, I can’t keep worrying her. I have to stop freaking out- or at least seem like it. Her stomach flipped. Sandyshell did not like to lie to her mother about how she felt. Poppyshine was the only cat she had who she was sure wouldn’t judge her, so it’d be terrible to lose that one confidant she allowed. She had to stay honest with her.

The small, sandy cat quietly admitted with a wavy voice, “I feel so afraid of so many things. How- How do I stop it?”

Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetpaw
SkC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP
Mushroomkit
TC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

A change [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: A change [c]   A change [c] EmptyThu 22 Jun 2023 - 15:30

Poppyshine

Poppyshine listened and her fears were confirmed. Her daughter’s anxiety had only gotten worse, and it left her terrified of everything around her. Poppyshine understood being afraid; she was afraid of several things when she was an apprentice. But she had learned to manage those fears, they never expanded to more things than she was afraid of originally. She hated to see that Sandyshell was only growing more fearful of everyone around her.

“I don’t think there is a simple solution,” she replied. “It’s not easy to just stop being afraid of something…I have been afraid of water almost all my life. I have learned to manage it, but it still impacts me. I worry that your position as medicine cat is only worsening things for you.” She brushed up against her daughter. “Being a medicine cat is hard. You are faced with injuries, and often with death. Not to mention the stress of the prophecies that the stars grant you each month. It would be a lot for any cat who did not have the constitution for it. That’s not anything to be ashamed of.”

She looked at her daughter. “Being a warrior can be frightening, but it can also be quite liberating. You learn how to fight and hunt, and you are always with other cats…You are alone in your den often, save for the sick or the injured. Being alone, or feeling like you can only deal with things on your own, can make those fears worse…” She trailed off and drew to a stop so she could look at her daughter with her full focus. “I don’t want you to ever feel alone or like you have something too big on your shoulders. If you are happy being medicine cat, then I want you to continue to be. But if you aren’t…there is nothing wrong with stepping down and returning to a warrior’s life.”

Poppyshine licked the top of her daughter’s head and rested her chin on her head after. “I care about you and your health, Sandy. I’ll support you in whatever decision you think is best. But I don’t want you to feel trapped in something you were chosen to do before you even got your full name.”
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699