Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

An After-Gathering Meeting [open]

Go down 
+8
JJ
downfive
cotton
kjSage
Ash
Alex
Copperbeanz
King Falcon I
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2493

An After-Gathering Meeting [open] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An After-Gathering Meeting [open]   An After-Gathering Meeting [open] - Page 2 EmptySun 21 May 2023 - 14:27

f2u-decor-gogoriki-background-by-mairu-doggy-dbj2ej2Adderdawn

Shrikestar didn’t wait long to deliver the news. It was both blessing and curse– impatience was making Adderdawn’s tail-tip flicker, so he was grateful the news of the Gathering was delivered promptly. But the news of the Gathering.

Adderdawn wasn’t sure how to process it. While he was blinking slowly along to Shrikestar’s words, he wished there had been a few more moments of still breath so he could brace himself. The excuse of StarClan’s guidance struck him out of his daze, and the warrior immediately snapped his head towards Batsong. The announcement of increased patrols made his eyes narrow, sharp and unkind. If ShadowClan came to the moors, their lives were forfeit by her doing. Over what? A relationship she had no reason to stick her nose in? Mauled Clanmates no one had cared to act against before, and so many moons ago now it was almost asinine to call attention to it at a Gathering?

Whisperear’s strained voice rose in question, and immediately after the recently-returned Rosepaw joined them. She’s no friend of ours, he wanted to snort, but the kittishness of that argument kept it silent. Instead, he dryly corrected, “The only thing Batsong did herself was meddle in our safety. Don’t make it sound like it’s her and her alone that will suffer for her idiocy.”

Batsong speaking for herself kept him from rambling further. His whiskers twitched when she spoke about Dawnhawk. Those stories had been only nursery-tales to him, but if even one of them was true then she was making a worse display for herself by comparing Nightstar to… that. Especially when the only accusation Shrikestar announced was an apparent relationship between Nightstar and Mottlestar. They’d all seen the aftermath of Nightstar’s temper. Gruesome, but to that degree?

Adderdawn’s whiskers twitched with the thought that he’d been the only one to say anything after Russetrye and Amberstone spilled their guts across Highstones. When Batsong went trailing on about how she understood if they were upset, that she would always listen to their concerns, a hollow laugh barked in response.

Before he could snap at Batsong to call her and Shrikestar both lying hypocrites with nothing but fox-dung in their mouths and heads, Flutterpetal softly called out to the medicine cat. Biting his tongue, Adderdawn turned to look towards his brother. His ears lowered and his chest turned sour while he listened. If he were closer, he might have hit Batsong over the head. Just once, to knock some sense into her. With a hissed breath, he pushed the thought from his mind and pressed closer to his brother. He didn’t want to cause more a scene again– more of one than was starting –when they were sitting right beside each other.

Dark hackles bristled the longer Flutterpetal spoke. He knew already that Batsong’s treachery would earn them a target from ShadowClan, if no one else. Everyone in the clearing knew that now. But hearing their danger confirmed… Adderdawn’s tail beat the ground again and continued to lash beside him. He wanted to hold onto a shred of composure, for Flutter’s sake at least, but his shoulders shook with the effort and stars, what he was hearing. Adderdawn’s claws flexed with agitation, sliding in and out of the sand.

Brackenwing’s voice both eased his growing fury and stoked it. He trusted her opinion on and reaction toward their high ranks, and it was relieving to have voices of support when the disappointed stares of his Clanmates following his outburst toward Shrikestar still lingered in his mind. But the venom in her voice made his own lips curl, made his paws itch with the desire to break his self-imposed quiet. It would be pointless, he tried to tell himself, because she said most of what he would have anyway.

Then her brother’s questions snapped the hold on Adderdawn’s tongue anyway. “You know the answer to that.” He responded icily, turning to look towards the senior warrior’s voice and nodding when he saw Owlshade. When he noticed Brackenwing close by, he added, “You too. Shrikestar has been untrustworthy.” Adderdawn slowly turned back around, and after an apologetic look offered briefly to Flutterpetal, he set his sights on the tabby glowering from the top of the rock.

“I spoke out against you moons ago. I called you a coward, because you would sooner forfeit your own warriors for the benefit of Nightstar’s ego than lift a paw to defend them.” Contempt was thick in his voice. “You claimed there is nothing you do for this Clan without consideration. You claimed we were your burden, claimed our deaths were your weight to bear. And you say that, you always say something like that, and always sound so confident in that statement. I think I’m impressed by how thoroughly you’ve convinced yourself. If you actually do think about anything you do for WindClan– especially if you knew of this, considered it, and allowed it –then you have nothing but dead air between your ears and I’m shocked you were ever picked to be deputy.”

Adderdawn had been putting effort into carefully choosing his words before he went ranting, but his voice shook with anger when he spat out a sharper insult than he’d planned. With a snort he stood, bristling and as tall as he could make himself. “And there is nothing you could say to convince me you care for any of us beyond the image we present to the forest. Well- I would have thought that, but apparently that means nothing to you either.” Adderdawn hissed, tail lashing through the air. “Allowing this, defending this… You’ve exposed WindClan’s throat. We can already feel the jaws around us, and when it snaps shut, there will be no one to blame but you. And–” His attention flicked down to Batsong, “you.”

Batsong had never been a friend to him, but he had no problem with her before this. Thinking about it, he really never spoke to her. Maybe it was a subconscious avoidance from her association with the deaths of his friends. Now, though– ire twisted Adderdawn’s expression when he faced her. “Don’t say a word about caring for our opinions or our upset. I could say the same things to you that I did to him. How do you watch your Clanmates suffer because of Nightstar, fester this grudge against him for however long, and you come to this? No one with a drop of good sense would decide publicly embarrassing him in front of the entire forest, on hallowed ground, during a night of civility and peace is the best course of action. No one with sense would even consider it.”

Adderdawn’s nostrils flared. An awareness that his reaction may have been extreme came to him, but then they always were. And if he’d been wrong any other time, he knew he was justified now. Justified, and emboldened by the anger thick in the air. Angling his head, Adderdawn looked toward Smallbean, mostly hidden by the crowd and the Tallrock’s shadow and scowled. Whatever Smallbean thought, he was silent and complicit in Shrikestar’s shadow. The warrior's mouth briefly opened before he decided he had nothing to say directly to the deputy, and he snapped his mouth shut with a disappointed grimace.

Turning sharply, Adderdawn glared narrowly at the other two high ranks and hissed finally, “Neither of you are worth the faith you keep demanding from us. Brackenwing made a good point, that it isn’t StarClan’s wrath you’re increasing patrols against. But when the threat you are trying to keep at bay comes, I hope our ancestors laugh at you. I hope they laugh and remind you the lives they come to collect are on your paws.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
isla

isla

Clan/Rank : RiverClan/apprentice
Number of posts : 317

PostSubject: Re: An After-Gathering Meeting [open]   An After-Gathering Meeting [open] - Page 2 EmptySun 21 May 2023 - 16:12

❀❀❀
It hit Rosepaw hard how little she knew of clan life in the Forest. She stiffened where she stood, fur prickling with fear, looking like a big fluffy pink cloud as more cats spoke.

...every one of us is now in danger and our borders are no longer safe; ...were you blinded by what you assume is the will of the stars, too?; ...shouldn't you care about us? Shouldn't our opinions be of some value to you as well? Why not even bother to warn us...

...You must obviously have an idea of the reaction if you're already planning on increasing patrols, though our numbers are few. Do I have to remind you of your elders who can no longer fight and serve as warriors? Or the kits who are even less able to defend themselves, should Shadowclan come storming our camp; ...StarClan didn't end the gathering, but it is not StarClan's wrath that our patrols will be increased to protect against...

...You’ve exposed WindClan’s throat. We can already feel the jaws around us, and when it snaps shut, there will be no one to blame but you; ...when the threat you are trying to keep at bay comes, I hope our ancestors laugh at you. I hope they laugh and remind you the lives they come to collect are on your paws...

The golden-eyed, brown-furred tom had dryly corrected Rosepaw. She blinked at him in acknowledgement and dipped her head. Her large tufted ears brightly burned in shame that she had spoken at all.
❀❀❀
Back to top Go down
Copperbeanz

Copperbeanz

Characters : Missing: Juniperpaw(ShC), Quillsplash(ShC) | Dead: Tawnyshadow(ShC), Sootstorm(WC), Ajex(Outsider), Shatteredsky(SkC), Reedshine(TC), Deerleap(ShC) Slightfrost(Skc) Specklepaw(WC) Sunfire(TC), Copperlark(Outsider), Cinderpaw(TC), Quickpaw(WC), Deerpaw(ShC), Willowpaw(ShC)
Taurus Tiger
Number of posts : 3221

PostSubject: Re: An After-Gathering Meeting [open]   An After-Gathering Meeting [open] - Page 2 EmptySun 21 May 2023 - 18:09

To Sootpaw's horror, the clan only began fighting among themselves more fiercly. Hadn't there been enough fighting today? The apprentice watched as warriors scolded their leader and medicine cat, blaming that cats who had swore their life to protect their clanmates as intending to harm them. This wasn't the clan he knew, and this wasn't the clan he grew up in. His emotions tumbled together in a huge storm inside him and he had no idea where it would go.

Sootpaw sought out Brakenwing, searching for the last bit of comfort he could get. He had always felt safe with the elder, and now he needed it more than ever.

Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

PostSubject: Re: An After-Gathering Meeting [open]   An After-Gathering Meeting [open] - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 May 2023 - 14:15

The nauseous feeling in his stomach grew. Shrikestar spoke, and the anger and disappointment he'd been expecting since he left Fourtrees finally met his ears. Nearly every cat before him had something to say, and he stayed silent through it all.  Although he was mostly left out of their criticisms, he still heard his name, once. Brackenwing. At his mention, he raised his eyes from his paws, meeting her gaze, briefly, before looking downwards once more. Her disapproval cut sharper than any claw. After they'd talked, he knew what she expected from him. Even then, he wasnt able to deliver.

The more he listened, the more he felt that his clanmates were right. Windclan was now in danger, and he couldnt help but blame himself. He knew that he was at fault. Not only was his safety put at risk, but every cat he cared for.  The announcement of increased patrols was a subtle confirmation of his fears; that they needed to be on guard. That other clans would be looking to start trouble. That they needed to be afraid.

Guilt began to overwhelm him, and he looked upwards, a moment of silent consideration. He had to say something.  A flicker of impulse led him to the top of the Tallrock. He followed it before he had time to think about it and back down. He couldn't bring himself to look at Shrikestar as he stood beside him, but something had to be said, anything. So, as his breathing quickened from the stress of the moment, he began. "I.. Um." Panicked, his focus darted from one cat to the next, unsure of who to address first. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry for not saying anything at the gathering. I'm sorry that... my silence resulted in Windclan's safety potentially being put at risk." There was so much that needed to be acknowledged. So much that he felt he needed to say, but he felt he was struggling for words. He needed to speak, if not on behalf of Windclan's leadership, then for himself.

"I'm sorry that the clan wasn't told before the announcement. I knew that something would be said at the gathering, but I didnt know what. I knew nothing of the accusations until they were made." He couldn't bear to look over to Shrikestar. He didn't want to know what he thought. "Nothing should have been said at the gathering. It should have happened in private, we should have stayed out of it. She did not intend to put us in danger, though. I think she intended to do the opposite. She didn't... think about the problems it coulr cause." He avoided mentioning Batsong by name. Although he believed she was in the wrong, he couldn't bring himself to be angry. He was too nervous to be angry. He knew that she never intended to cause this much trouble. However, he would defend her no further. She'd have to take responsibility for herself.

With a deep exhale, he took a few seconds to keep himself composed. "You all deserve better. I, will do better. Even if what's happened can't be undone." He paused, for just a moment. "Any border skirmishes are to be avoided. If any occur, they are to be reported to either Shrikestar or me... directly. No cat is allowed to leave camp by themselves. Batsong, report any battle wounds you treat." The last words he spoke came easily and lacked tone, they were words that he'd recited in his head over and over for a clan meeting he would never get to call. It needed to be said now, while it was relevant, he had decided.

Standing idly on the Tallrock, he waited with nervous anticipation.

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1861

PostSubject: Re: An After-Gathering Meeting [open]   An After-Gathering Meeting [open] - Page 2 EmptyThu 25 May 2023 - 10:24

Kestrelchirp had joined Sparrowthorn's side quickly after the meeting was called and stared in quiet shock with his sister. His heart hurt. His own father was being turned against, and he wasn't sure how to feel about this. He so desperately wanted to defend him, but perhaps it would be better to speak with them one-on-one.

Coyotegrin slunk in after the meeting was called and watched quietly in the shadows as Brackenwing spoke. They had once been friends but that relationship had been destroyed in a single meeting with animosity only growing but... as Brackenwing finished speaking the mate of this... leader.... stood by Brackenwing's side as Adderdawn, her apprentice, called out his words. As he spoke, her tightly clenched jaws and her seething with anger eyes met Shrikestar's and she stared. And stared. And stared. When Smallbean's weak excuses began, Coyotegrin broke eye contact to whisper quietly in Brackenwing's ear. "I had nothing to do with this, and I agree with you old friend." Her breath soft enough for only the now elder to hear. An olive branch in a time of crisis. She just as quickly tore her maw away to turn her gaze back to Shrikestar. It looked like she was sleeping with the kits tonight.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Clan/Rank : WindClan Leader/SkyClan Warrior
Aquarius Goat
Number of posts : 2914

PostSubject: Re: An After-Gathering Meeting [open]   An After-Gathering Meeting [open] - Page 2 EmptyTue 30 May 2023 - 10:40

He had expected this. It hurt, but he had expected it. Metaphorical heads had rolled, and he and Batsong were right on top of the pile. He had to shrug off any misgivings, though. There was no going back from here, and it was his duty to take the brunt of criticism. It couldn't be a mistake, could it? StarClan would not lead them astray like this. He had to find something else to say, though. StarClan's will was not going over well with the clan, and to invoke their name once more would only serve to further their anger.

"I do not expect everyone to agree with what we've done, but what's done has been done. We are no longer in an alliance with ShadowClan, and we are not beholden to their feelings regarding their own misdeeds. If I did not put my trust in Batsong, she would not be my medicine cat. WindClan can and will defend itself if the need arises. Everything I do as leader is for WindClan. I now adjourn this meeting." With that, Shrikestar turned and left the clan in flames, heading into the darkness and loneliness of his den. Even now, throughout this turmoil, he trusted his clan. That didn't mean he didn't sleep with one eye open though, just in case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An After-Gathering Meeting [open]   An After-Gathering Meeting [open] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

An After-Gathering Meeting [open]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2