Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5646

Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyTue 2 May 2023 - 17:25

"Smokestep?" Wolfblossom padded into the den, nudging her former apprentice awake with a paw. "Can you get two bundles of traveling herbs? We need to get moving if we want to make it to the moonstone." The kind she-cat had been doing so well in her new position, and it was clear to Wolfblossom that this had been her true calling. It was time to cement that. She had discussed this with Plumleaf, and was happy to fill in for the medicine cat who was under the weather. She waited for Smokestep, not quite able to hide her excitement for the former warrior as she shifted on her paws.

---

The moon slowly rose in the dark sky as the two approached the entrance to mothermouth, and Wolfblossom glanced at Smokestep. They had made good time. "I want you to know I'm proud of you, Smokestep. You've taken so naturally to the path of a medicine cat and I can tell it suits you better than the life of a warrior ever could, and there's nothing wrong with that." She mewed, and with that, led the way into the tunnel. She'd been here on her own moonstone journey and had taken several apprentices to the moonstone before, so the path was familiar. To be taking a medicine cat here for her own ceremony wasn't, and she only hoped that she could remember the words that Plumleaf had told her and not mess this up.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1835

PostSubject: Re: Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyTue 2 May 2023 - 18:25

She'd had the herbs ready ever since being approached about the Moonstone journey, and when Wolfblossom poked her head into the den, Smokestep smiled at her former mentor, giving the deputy her herbs, and quickly swallowing down her own. The journey to the Moonstone was one that Smokestep was very familiar with, now... yet despite her having done this trip several times for other apprentices' moonstone journeys... she couldn't help but feel a bit nervous now that this trip was for her, again.

The travel time was spent in companionable silence, the two she-cats making it to the Mothermouth with time to spare. They paused, together, and Wolfblossom's words nearly made tears prick the smoky tabby's eyes. She forced them to stay, and instead, lowered her head to gently brush it against Wolfblossom's shoulder. "Your support means more to me than you know," she sniffed quietly. "I'm sorry that Plumleaf couldn't be here, but... I'm... I'm happy that it's you."

Taking a breath to steel herself, Smokestep followed the deputy into the tunnel. Before long, the brilliant glow of the Moonstone illuminated their way, and like always, it dazzled the smoky tabby. They came to a halt just before it, and she looked over to Wolfblossom, giving a short nod. She was ready.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyTue 2 May 2023 - 18:56

"I'm sorry it's not Plumleaf here, either. Still... You were my apprentice once, I'll be here for you as long as I'm able." Wolfblossom gently bumped her head against Smokestep's shoulder in reassurance.

The pair walked through the darkness, finally emerging to stand in front of the moonstone. The rock seemed to glow by the light of the moon, bathing the cavern in a pale glow as Wolfblossom turned to Smokestep. "I, Wolfblossom, deputy of Skyclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. She has trained hard to understand the ways of a medicine cat, and with your help she will serve her clan for many moons. Smokestep, do you promise to uphold the ways of a medicine cat, to stand apart from rivalry between clan and clan and to protect all cats equally, even at the cost of your life?" Hopefully that part of the oath would not come to pass for a long time. Hopefully Smokestep would not have to stand apart from clan rivalries, either.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyTue 2 May 2023 - 20:08

"Yes, I swear it." The words were out of Smokestep's mouth before she had time to even consider them. She had never been so certain of anything in her entire life... she wanted to be SkyClan's medicine cat. She wanted to help her clan, to be useful, and wanted, and worthy. She wanted that more than anything in her entire life. She had found a purpose in healing, in fixing things that were broken, and it's all she wanted to do for the rest of her life.

"I swear it," she breathed again, ducking her head.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyTue 2 May 2023 - 20:11

Smokestep's answer had a soft smile form on Wolfblossom's face, and she continued, feeling a sense of pride to be standing here with the former warrior who was so sure of her path. "Then by the powers of Starclan I give you your true name as a medicine cat. Smokestep, you earned your name as a warrior, and it's no longer fitting of the cat you have become. From this moment you will be known as Smokepetal. Starclan honors your compassion and kindness, and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of Skyclan."

"I'm so proud of you, Smokepetal. Dawnfeather would be, too." She mewed softly, leaning forward to nuzzle the top of Smokepetal's head with a purr rumbling in her chest. "Go and speak with them, I'll be here when you wake." She nodded towards the brightly lit moonstone.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony EmptyThu 4 May 2023 - 16:17

Smokepetal.

She hadn't expected to have her name change tonight, but the moment the name left Wolfblossom's lips, the medicine cat knew it was right. Her warrior name was something she'd never be able to live up to, a constant reminder of something that she wasn't good enough for. The deputy had done her a service she'd not even realized she needed.

"Thank you," Smokepetal said quietly. She leaned in against Wolfblossom's chest for just a moment, trying to convey the appreciation that she couldn't put into words. And then she moved over to the Moonstone, sinking to her belly and reaching her nose out to touch it.

When she blinked open her eyes, the familiar landscape of StarClan stretched out before her. She looked around, half hoping to see Burningwing. Would he be the one to speak with her, today? She didn't see him, and before she could dwell on it too long, another cat stepped out of the starry landscape, instead. He was a lanky, dark tom with faint stripes and golden eyes. Smokepetal didn't recognize him, but she supposed that was a good thing.

"You've done well, Smokepetal," he said kindly. "You are a natural born medicine cat."

Smokepetal inclined her head at the compliment. "It is the best way I can serve SkyClan... I... I wasn't strong enough to be a warrior, so at least-"

"At least?" the tom questioned, almost incredulous. He stepped forward, looking at her seriously. "Smokepetal... being a medicine cat isn't a second choice... you aren't a medicine cat because you're not a great fighter, or anything else that makes up a warrior. In many ways, the path of a medicine cat is tougher than that of a warrior. I know many great warriors... and deputies, and leaders, all of whom would never made it were they on your paws." He smiled, letting out a quiet chuckle. "Look at Bloodstrike... he's as formidable as they come, but could you picture him as a medicine cat?"

"You know Bloodstrike?" she asked.

The dark tom nodded. "I'm his father. And I was leader before him. My name is Wolfstar."

The name may have rung a tiny bell in Smokestep's head, but not enough for her to feign familiarity. The only leader she had ever known was Birdstar... but she knew that Birdstar - and Wolfblossom - were related somehow to Bloodstrike, too. How curious. Before she could ask another question, the tom began speaking again. "Before she became a medicine cat, my apprentice, Beechpaw, was training to become a warrior. She didn't believe, at first, that she could switch. But she did, and Beechfang turned out to be the best medicine cat SkyClan could ever have asked for."

That was a name she knew. Beechfang was Wolfblossom's mother, and though she'd never been properly introduced to the old medicine cat, her reputation preceded her. Smokepetal nodded. "I've heard that, too." A moment of silence, before she looked up again. "Thank you."

Wolfstar leveled his gaze with hers, tone gentle but serious. "My point was, sometimes the thing that turns out to be the best for you isn't your first choice... but that doesn't mean you're settling, or "at least" useful to your clan. SkyClan will need you for moons to come. You will guide apprentices, you will heal, you will bring new lives into the world. That's not a consolation prize... it's a vote of confidence, in you, and in your abilities. Just remember that."

"I will." She told him. "I will be the best medicine cat I can be."

"I know you will. StarClan knows it... and SkyClan does, too. You're the only one that ever needed convincing."

When Smokepetal opened her eyes, it felt like only a moment had passed. She turned, looking to Wolfblossom and giving a relieved smile and a nod. "It went well. I... talked to Bloodstrike's father. Did you... did you know that Beechfang was supposed to be a warrior at first, too? And she was the greatest medicine cat, he said." She was almost beaming as she looked up at her former mentor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony   Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony Empty

Back to top Go down

Smokestep's Medicine Cat Ceremony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp :: Tallbranch :: SkyClan Ceremonies :: Medicine Cat Ceremonies-
Jump to: