Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

silence broken [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

silence broken [c] Empty
PostSubject: silence broken [c]   silence broken [c] EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023 - 15:01

Nightdancer found herself at the river more often than ThunderClan's other borders. Perhaps because it was less likely to end in a fight, and didn't reek with the stench and the bittersweet memories that haunted the Thunderpath. Perhaps because it was just pretty.

As she lay at its edge, the water rushing past was the only sound she needed.

She was making an effort to connect more with her clanmates, if only a little bit, but sometimes she still wanted to retreat to somewhere with a little more solitude.

The warrior closed her eyes, stretching out a single paw and allowing the cool water spray to hit her.

It was a peaceful place to be, on a good day.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

silence broken [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: silence broken [c]   silence broken [c] EmptyWed 3 May 2023 - 17:40

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Rowansong

Rowansong always liked the river. No– he loved the river. He always had. It was the very heartbeat of his Clan, after all- their namesake, the pulse that allowed them to thrive. The glittering, winding score through the earth that helped tether him to his home when he thought he would never return. He loved the river with all he was.

But he’d grown wary of it.

It was not a fear he liked to acknowledge. So, he did not. Rarely did he go to the river without company, as it was easier to ignore with idle chatter to focus on, but today he’d felt brave. Egretpaw and Larkpaw were under another warrior’s brief care, and he’d somehow found himself with few hours of free time. The idea popped into mind suddenly, he’d left camp nearly as soon as it registered, and he wandered close to the bank now, tail swaying low as he trailed through the reeds.

It wasn’t the familiar babble that put him at ease as he breached the tall grasses to stand properly on the slick, stony shore. It was the present scent of ThunderClan– and, scanning along the opposite bank, the sight of a pile of dark fur stretched out near the water. Immediately, Rowansong turned on his pads to walk in her direction until he was standing perfectly opposite the strange warrior.

“Hello there,” he called, as softly as his naturally loud voice would allow. “Apologies, if I have disturbed you– you do look fairly comfortable.” The apology was genuine, but it was disregarded immediately when he went prattling on, “Enjoying the weather, are you? It is quite the fine day! Clearly,” he laughed, and there was something tight about the humored bark, “I myself could not conjure a better venue. Funny, is it not, that we should chance to make an appearance for each other?”

I need the sound of crowds, or I can't fall asleep at night.Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

silence broken [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: silence broken [c]   silence broken [c] EmptyTue 16 May 2023 - 21:04

The peaceful sounds of nature, rushing water and whistling breezes, were suddenly interrupted by a voice across the river. A RiverClan cat, then. She lifted her gaze to study his frame: probably a warrior, if she had to guess. He spoke loudly, though he didn't seem to be trying to shout, and at length- she wondered if he talked just to hear the sound of his own voice, and felt the slightest sting of irritation. She had been enjoying the weather, the peaceful atmosphere and gentle breeze.

"I don't know that I share your understanding of comedy," she said. "I am, however, enjoying the weather. Not too hot, not too cold... For once, it feels perfectly centered."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

silence broken [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: silence broken [c]   silence broken [c] EmptyThu 8 Jun 2023 - 22:48

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Rowansong

The opposite warrior lifted her head to meet his call, and Rowansong lifted a little higher onto his pads at the look. She didn’t seem overly thrilled with his being there– fair enough, he was interrupting –but she at least didn’t jump to raise her claws. Her quick study of him led to a dry comment that made him blink slowly, mouth caught between smiling still or falling slack. “Fair enough, I suppose,” he laughed again. “I am not unused to that, though I rather fancy my wit.”

Rowansong reclined onto his haunches, fluffy tail arcing slowly through the air behind him. He quietly brushed away the pause that took him and sat tall and grinning, unflappable as ever. “The weather is quite pleasant, yes! This is my first new-leaf. I am growing quickly fond of the season. If we cannot match humor, at least we may relate on that.” The pleasant rhythm of his words rose into a curious hum. He worried this encounter would not go very far, but that would not keep him from trying. “Might I venture to bother you for something more interesting than the weather? Your name, perhaps?”

I need the sound of crowds, or I can't fall asleep at night.Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior