Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

someone to hear your prayers [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2984

someone to hear your prayers [c] Empty
PostSubject: someone to hear your prayers [c]   someone to hear your prayers [c] EmptyWed 19 Apr 2023 - 9:52

Pineblossom

Pineblossom had given it a lot of thought over the past few days, and talked it over with Forestbreeze. While she was technically permitted to stay outside of the nursery and return to her place in the warrior’s den, and while she desperately wanted to escape the nursery after everything that happened…she ended up spending a lot of time there anyway. It was because of Silverkit. Ever since his mother died, she’s been increasingly worried about him, and she did not want to leave him purely in the care of some queen that he did not know well. Pineblossom was no queen, but she looked after him anyway and tried to coax him to sleep each night.

Well…she had gone through this dance with Honeylight. She could identify those odd feelings that she did not understand before, and given what Silverkit was going through, she did not want to wait until he was a warrior to invite him into her family as she had with Honeylight. He needed a support system urgently, and she would provide that to him…If he wanted it.

“Silverkit,” Pineblossom murmured to him. They were outside the nursery, curled up in a sun spot together. She looked to him and rested her chin on her paws so they were eye level. “I wanted to talk to you about something…You will become an apprentice soon, and I think that is wonderful. But it can be frightening when there are so many changes. I don’t want you to feel alone as you grow older. You deserve someone to rely on…While I can never be what your mother was to you, I want to adopt you as one of my own, if you would allow me.”
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2535

PostSubject: Re: someone to hear your prayers [c]   someone to hear your prayers [c] EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023 - 18:35

Silverkit

The time following Meadowlark’s passing was a blur. Silverkit did little. Threw the occasional fit. Avoided the nursery as often as was physically possible. Kept to himself– with the exception of Pineblossom.

She stayed around. He wasn’t entirely sure why. There was nothing for her in the nursery anymore– she’d recovered from her own tragedy, and she’d taken up some of her duties as a warrior again. He didn’t understand why she didn’t just return to warrior life entirely. But… he couldn’t, and wouldn’t, complain. Silverkit was grateful, that she stayed– stayed with him. It was comforting. It was easier to sleep, easier to think, easier to be. At least he wasn’t entirely alone.

Her voice pulled his attention. Blinking his eyes open, Silverkit quieted the circular thoughts and looked towards Pineblossom, ears turning towards her. He was quiet, careful not to interrupt like he usually might. Though she didn’t truly say much, weight filled his chest. She'd said everything, too.

Silverkit pushed himself upright when she finished, blinking down at her. His first thought was So I’ll have a family? It burned, the quiet knowledge that he didn’t know what that was supposed to be like. He’d always just had a Meadowlark– a fresh loss that still ached terribly, but not family. Second was the want to ask Why me?

He was quiet for a long while, staring fixedly at his paws and the soft ground they rested on while he thought. He already knew his answer– he couldn’t really say no, could he? He’d spent the majority of his time with Pineblossom before everything, and he liked her more than anyone else in ShadowClan.

He would have a family. Something like a father, even an older brother. A proper mother.

It just felt like he’d be betraying Meadowlark in some way. Would she scorn him from StarClan, watching him accept Pineblossom’s offer? He thought and thought and… No, she couldn’t. Everything about the last half-moon suddenly made sense. Pineblossom had lost her kits, and he his mother. It was a cruel way of fitting their pieces together, but it must have been the will of StarClan themselves. This was the family each of them were meant to have, even if it came together in mourning.

Releasing a deep breath, Silverkit eventually spoke, “If I’ll be an apprentice soon… I shouldn’t need someone to look after me, right? I mean, I’ll be… I’ll be able to take care of myself. And I’ll have a mentor to keep an eye on me.” He laughed, and for the first time since Pineblossom’s litter came, it didn’t ring hollow. A sudden light filled his eyes, and his tail waved with a rush of energy. It felt like so long since he'd really felt lively. And why was he fluttering around the answer? He’d figured this whole thing out. This was the way things were meant to be. He didn’t have to mourn anymore. He’d figured it out, and things were going to be good now!

He’d tell himself that until it fully set in. He could already feel it working. He just had to believe in this.

Smiling with teeth, Silverkit crept closer to Pineblossom to knock his head gently against hers. “Yes– is that what I’m supposed to say? I mean– I mean sure! Yes? I don’t really know. Is that– does that make me your son? Like Honeylight is? So– so is he my brother? And Forestbreeze? I haven’t talked to him a lot yet, I like him though– does he like me? Does that make him my dad, kind of?”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2984

PostSubject: Re: someone to hear your prayers [c]   someone to hear your prayers [c] EmptyThu 27 Apr 2023 - 15:46

Pineblossom

Pineblossom’s body remained tense and stiff as she waited for Silverkit’s response. She hoped, if anything, that he would know she meant it in a kind and positive manner, even if he did not want to accept her offer. It seemed for a moment that that was what he intended to do, as he spoke about soon being an apprentice and not needing someone to look after him—until he clarified precisely what he meant.

His excitement warmed her heart. She offered him a small one in return. “That does make you my son,” she agreed with a soft chuckle. “And Honeylight your brother, and Forestbreeze your father, if you will have them both. Forestbreeze will love you.” He’s always had a weak constitution, spending much time in the medicine den. Of course, she opted not to mention that bit. After his mother passed away from unknown complications, Pineblossom did not want to put him on edge about the health of his new family at all.

Pineblossom shifted him against her a little more and finally gave him a quick lick atop his head. It was an odd maternal gesture that she had never done before. It felt odd even now. She only hoped that it did not feel so odd to Silverkit to receive it. “Should you ever need anything at all, I will be here for you.”
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 | image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: someone to hear your prayers [c]   someone to hear your prayers [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

someone to hear your prayers [c]
Page 1 of 1