Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

always needing more (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

always needing more (c) Empty
PostSubject: always needing more (c)   always needing more (c) EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023 - 21:13

As Perchstar made her way to the fresh-kill pile, hunger getting the best of her again, she caught a glimpse of a familiar well-groomed calico pelt. Rowanpaw. No--Rowansong. A conversation with Poppyshine had caught her up to speed on the doings of the Clan, including the fact that he had received his warrior name. She had mixed feelings about it. Though she believed him completely capable of warriorhood, and even worthy of it, the leader found herself disappointed that she had not been there for his ceremony. She had been putting thought into the warrior name that she would choose for him. And of course, though Poppyshine was wonderful, and he had probably been ecstatic to receive such an important moment from his own mother, Perchstar found herself wishing that she had been the one to bestow it. Of course, such a thing did not matter in the grand scheme of importance. She probably shouldn't even mention to him that it made her the least bit unhappy. However, since she had not been there to call out his new name with the rest of the Clan, perhaps a small bit of congratulations were in order.

It felt strange to approach him... especially after the knowledge that he had been so scared of her as an apprentice. However, she was still the leader of RiverClan, in name if not anything else. She was allowed to talk with whoever she wanted, no matter how much anxiety flooded behind every interaction that she initiated. And besides--he had seemed happy enough to see her when she returned, though she was unsure how much of that had been her exhaustion-induced hallucination and how much had been genuinely real. So Perchstar ignored her hunger for now and went to speak with him. "Poppyshine informed me that you have received your warrior name," she began. She knew that the words came out more awkwardly than she would like, but hopefully they would be acceptable. This was difficult to say. "Congratulations, Rowansong. I am... sorry that I missed it." To her everlasting shame, her voice cracked slightly during the last sentence. Perhaps he wouldn't notice. Her mask had been more and more cracked ever since she went missing. Whether it was due to the homesickness and stress or that stars-cursed loner's influence, she was having more difficulty remaining neutral. Somewhat embarrassed, she looked away, feeling her pelt itch slightly as she awaited his response.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2493

PostSubject: Re: always needing more (c)   always needing more (c) EmptyThu 27 Apr 2023 - 9:50

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Rowansong

The fish in front of Rowansong rolled limply when he pawed at it. He’d been sitting with it for a little while now, but he kept being distracted from it before he could remember to eat– and when he did remember, he didn’t feel hungry, and couldn’t bring himself to force it. It was a frustrating cycle… or it would be, if he hadn’t become used to the back-and-forth routine. The end of his tail twitched, forepaw stretching to prod at the fish again, when another set of pawsteps caught his attention. Turning, he found he was blinking up at Perchstar.

Rowansong was quick to sit up, frustrations immediately forgotten as he offered her a warm smile. There was a bothersome coil in his chest when Rowansong noticed she didn’t look thrilled to approach him, but he set the worry aside and tilted his head to listen. It was a bit disappointing to hear Poppyshine had already told Perchstar about his new name, but that was fair. He hadn’t had much of a chance to catch Perchstar outside of the nursery between his other duties, while Poppyshine stayed close to her best friend as often as possible.

More disappointing, the slight but sharp way Perchstar’s voice keyed up when she congratulated him. Rowansong’s ear flicked and he turned back towards the fish he’d been previously occupied with, smile faltering while he thought.

After a few moments of quiet, he batted the trout gently towards Perchstar. He kept his eyes down while he watched it move over the sand, only looking back up when it stilled. His grin had come back, small but toothy. “Would you have me apologize for all I missed within RiverClan while waylayed?” The question came lightly, amusement just reaching the edges of it. Rowansong’s head tilted again, further this time. He sighed, and wistfulness came over him, softening his sharp features.

“Yes, I am saddened you were not there to see it– or grant the name, I suppose –as I was saddened to miss so much of my Clanmate’s lives. As I am sure you were saddened to miss so many of your Clanmates. Disappointing, but,” another sigh, and he wrapped his tail around his legs, “it is not something we could have known to prevent. I am happy to have made it to warriorhood at all when it seemed so likely I would not, whether it was twolegs or my own boorish nature that fastened me to apprenticeship.” The bridge of Rowansong’s muzzle wrinkled. While his voice had remained even, aside from quieting slightly, the admittance of doubt rang against his ears.

It was curious to notice; he had spent so long ducking Perchstar’s attention, both out of awareness that he was trouble and a general uncertainty around approaching her. Now her voice cracked and he spoke life to his private fears, even in brief. Curious.

I need the sound of crowds, or I can't fall asleep at night.Art credit

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: always needing more (c)   always needing more (c) EmptySun 7 May 2023 - 0:34

If Rowansong had noticed her odd behavior, he did not make an outward note of it. Instead, he flashed a grin at her--the same he had often worn during his apprenticeship, if a bit smaller and more world-weary. However, it was sincere nonetheless. His words gave Perchstar pause. She had been so inwardly focused that she had nearly forgotten, somehow, that he himself had been taken by the Twolegs only a few months prior. Nearly half of her Clan had, in fact. Of course they would understand what it was like to desperately search for a way home, afraid of everything you were missing, afraid that nothing would be the same ever again. Rowansong had been missing for nearly two or three moons himself--longer than she had been. She had no right to worry that he would be upset at her for something out of her control.

It was... surprisingly reassuring. As careful as his words were, seeming just as proud of himself as ever, he had somehow managed to remind her overclocked anxiety that she was not the only cat who had experienced these troubles.

He had grown much.

Perchstar blinked slowly. She turned to meet his gaze, noticing the honesty in his eyes.

"I am happy to have made it to warriorhood at all when it seemed so likely I would not."

The incident with the fox once again entered her memory. The leader nodded, feeling her face soften. "It could be considered a miracle that both of us have avoided death so often as we have. The life of a warrior is fraught with peril, though I believe that RiverClan has had the brunt of many more trials than usual over these past few moons. But... I, for one, am also glad that you have made it this far. I was glad when you returned... and glad when you earned your warrior name. Even though I may have missed the ceremony, that does not mean that you deserved it any less. You've grown, Rowansong. Grown into a loyal and capable warrior worthy of trust. I know that being taken by the Twolegs was... not easy. But getting through difficult times such as that only proves that you belong in RiverClan." She grew quiet for a moment, eyes seeming distant as she remembered the many other cats who had not returned. Not only from the recent attacks of the Twolegs, but the scores of her Clanmates who died or otherwise disappeared after the Dark Forest's reign... Rowansong's own father among them. "I believe that Rushtalon would be proud of you." The last few words she spoke, though sincere, were barely audible. She had not planned to say them aloud. "I am proud of you, as well."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: always needing more (c)   always needing more (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

always needing more (c)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp-
Jump to: