Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5642

No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar] Empty
PostSubject: No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar]   No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar] EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023 - 13:21

Brackenwing padded toward the fresh-kill pile snagging a rabbit that had likely been caught earlier in the day and turning. Today had been what she'd consider a good day... Or maybe not as her leg gave with the movement. Brackenwing let out a soft hiss of annoyance at the sharp burst of pain, managing to catch herself before she completely lost her balance. Another moment and the eldered-before-her-time she-cat limped slowly back toward the den she had ventured from. It was too nice to allow herself to waste away in the cramped den, and Whisperear was still asleep anyways, so the marbled tabby settled a short distance from the den with her meal.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Clan/Rank : WindClan Leader/SkyClan Warrior
Aquarius Goat
Number of posts : 2914

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar]   No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar] EmptyFri 14 Apr 2023 - 13:31

Shrikestar had just finished handing out duties for the latter half of the day, and he finally decided it was time to eat. It felt as if he didn't eat nearly as much as he used to as a warrior, since leadership duties took up a good portion of his time. As he turned to go grab something from the prey pile, he noticed - accidentally - that Brackenwing had slipped. She did her best to hide it, but it was clear her worn body wasn't propping her up like it used to. Pretending that he hadn't seen it out of respect for the elder, he went over and grabbed a small rabbit. Maybe it would be a good idea to speak with her. Even if they were on the worst of terms, a leader couldn't shy away from the needs of his clan. No matter how awkward it was. So he took the rabbit and carried it over towards where Brackenwing was eating. "Mind if I join you?"
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar]   No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar] EmptySun 16 Apr 2023 - 11:08

Brackenwing fully intended on pretending she hadn't nearly went face-first into the grass, so of course, someone had to approach. Shrikestar, of all cats, and Brackenwing wondered if it would be rude to turn and slink back into the elder's den. She and Shrikestar were not friends, and certainly weren't after she'd given him a piece of her mind when she had returned to a barrage of unfortunate news. She was almost sure Swiftspirit would have disapproved, but Swiftspirit wasn't here to cuff her daughter over the ear for her behavior.

"Mind if I join you?" I mind, but he was still her leader, even though they couldn't have been on worse terms. "I don't," She could be civil. As awkward and painful as this was going to be. A spat with one of the warriors and avoiding them would be one thing, but clan leadership was different. She didn't exactly like him but... She would be civil, at the very least. She had no solution to the inevitable, painful awkwardness this interaction was going to be, however.

As long as he didn't mention her definitely not nearly faceplanting herself... Maybe she could get through this interaction without wanting a hole to open up in the ground and swallow her.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Characters : Shrikestar (T5 Leader), Ravenclaw (T5) || Falconstar, Eaglethorn, Condorclaw
Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar]   No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar] EmptyMon 17 Apr 2023 - 12:20

It was the most icy 'I don't' in the history of not minding something. Shrikestar temporarily hesitated, but he needed to harden his resolve. He didn't need every cat's love and trust: he just needed them to respect his position as leader. So he sat down next to Brackenwing, taking a moment to savor the rabbit he had grabbed off the prey pile. It was silent for a little bit, with Shrikestar unsure of how to broach the conversation, and it was clear that Brackenwing would rather be anywhere else. Was this really such a good idea? "It still is surprising to see both you and Whisperear in the elder den. Not that you don't deserve the rest, of course. It just reminds me of my own age." With the exception of the actual elder elders - and Smallbean - he was the oldest member of WindClan. It felt like time was always creeping up, threatening to steal everything away.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar]   No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar] EmptyMon 17 Apr 2023 - 17:47

The silence reigned, and Brackenwing's tail twitched. She usually found solace in the quiet, but with Shrikestar it was simply uncomfortable. She was unsure of what to say, and the weight of their last conversation... Well, she wasn't going to bring it up first. Probably.

Shrikestar eventually spoke up, and Brackenwing was relieved that neither her near-fall or their previous conversation went unmentioned. "I was never the fastest but I miss being out on the moors." She was always built more for fighting than running, but now that the option had been taken from her, Brackenwing couldn't help but feel a little bitter about it. The leader admitted to the strangeness of seeing cats younger than him in the elder's den, and Brackenwing nodded. It was just as strange to be on the other side of it. "We're younger than Batsong, even. I wish she didn't have to worry about us as much as she does."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar]   No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar] EmptyThu 20 Apr 2023 - 12:15

Shrikestar laughed quietly, looking out at the clearing. "I suppose part of a medicine cat's duty is to worry about their clan members, just as it is for a leader." The silence fell back on them. Cats kept going back and forth, barely paying any attention to them. Maybe a nod or a wave of the tail here and there, but it was really just them. It almost felt like he needed to bring up what happened before, but it also felt like a topic that didn't need to be broached. There had to be more he could talk to his clanmates about than just the weather and other simple topics.

"Mm, everything still okay between you and Whisperear? You two do seem pretty close." There was nothing official, so it was just a guess, but the way those two acted around each other... Shrikestar had an idea of what was going on. He wasn't sure if either of them would admit it to him, though, especially after their previous conversation.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar]   No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar] EmptyFri 21 Apr 2023 - 16:18

"True," Brackenwing agreed. Medicine cats were worriers, or maybe it was just a Batsong thing. But she couldn't blame the dark she-cat for her worry, either. Not after so much had happened. "Batsong seems to do more worrying than anyone not named Smallbean." She added dryly.

"Things are just fine between us. Whisperear's a- a good friend." Brackenwing wasn't sure that 'friend' was fitting, Whisperear was... more than that, somehow. They brought a smile to her face and made her pelt warm, as much as she worried for them. But that wasn't something to share, and certainly not with Shrikestar of all cats. "It's strange to be in the elder's den but I enjoy the company. At least now your elders won't be attacking anyone at gatherings."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
King Falcon I

King Falcon I

Aquarius Goat

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar]   No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar] EmptyMon 24 Apr 2023 - 14:15

Shrikestar shook his head, remembering that terrible Gathering. "Yes, I suppose I should count my blessings." It wasn't even the last time a WindClan cat was involved in the early ending of a Gathering. "Sad to say, it's something I've become accustomed to. Here's hoping the next Gathering goes smoothly." He finished his rabbit, then looked over at Brackenwing. What more was there to say? Did he really want to make this awkward? Well, more awkward than it already was. Not really. Shaking his head, he slowly stood up. "Thank you for letting me eat with you, Brackenwing. I'll leave you to it, then." As awkward as it started, it awkwardly ended too, with Shrikestar just looking at Brackenwing once more before beginning to walk away.
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar]   No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar] EmptyTue 25 Apr 2023 - 16:01

"If there's a silver lining in all of this, at least my presence isn't required at gatherings." Brackenwing smiled wryly. It would save her from getting knocked on the head by hail near the end of newleaf, hopefully. The elder returned to her own meal, falling back into silent awkwardness. Shrikestar finished his own meal, standing and offering a farewell that was the least awkward things would get between them, or at least it felt that way for the moment. "Shrikestar." Brackenwing inclined her head in acknowledgement, though she was privately relieved to be freed of the conversation and the uneasy tension Shrikestar's presence brought.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar]   No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar] Empty

Back to top Go down

No Rest For the Weary [Shrikestar]
Page 1 of 1