Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN]   Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN] EmptyMon 3 Apr 2023 - 16:18

RiverClan Camp

Things have been stressful in RiverClan, that much was obvious. Perchstar was still missing, which provided a big strain on the clan. But the biggest strain came in the odd food shortage that was plaguing them. They were the clan with the least amount of warriors or apprentices out of every clan, and with so many kits in the nursery, there was simply not enough active cats catching enough food. Whereas newleaf usually came with plentiful bellies full of fish, the RiverClan cats have started to grow a bit hungry, and thus, nerves have been high while tempers ran short.

Open clan topic; everyone is encouraged to post! How are your cats faring in these stressful conditions, and how are they interacting with others?

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2857

PostSubject: Re: Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN]   Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN] EmptyThu 6 Apr 2023 - 22:25

Sprucebark had been taking the missing of his leader very hard. He already was in a bad state from finding his sister dead by the river and now Perchstar was gone too. She was the leadership of the clan and now just like that she was gone...

Poppyshine had ordered him to rest and he had tried for awhile but the fact that the clan was not doing so great right now was not lost on him... The kits were barely getting enough food and with the higher kits numbers and the now dwindiling warriors it was all they could do to keep the fresh kill pile a pile and not an empty spot.

He wanted to keep his promise to poppyshine that he would be resting and not trying to go on patrols. It pained him to have to be sidelined for this but he knew maybe she had a point. He had an amazing work attitude and wanted to be helping now more than ever... the grieving of his personal losses would have to be buried for now.

Seeing the deputy nearby...err was she still deputy now? HE closed his eyes wincing almost... NOO Perchstar would come back, right? When he had been taken the twolegs had poked him with all sorts of needles then cut him up and poked him with more needles. He shuddered hoping that Perchstar was alive and would come back. A bit of frustration at their helplessness stirred in him.

"mom? we need to try and find perchstar" he mewed quietly as he settled down beside her.

"when I was captured, all I wanted was to be free once again and get back home.
We cant leave her out there"
he vented his frustration evident as much as he tried to remain reasonable. As such a close follower to the code and to the rules: having no leader was unsettling to him. Perchstar's return should be the clans number one priority,

"why havent we sent out search parties? he suggested.

"I would volunteer, just give me the permission and I will search nonstop to get her back

his voice was cracking a bit as he knew deep down that no warriors could really be spared for this... It pained him to know that Perchstar was out there all alone though. The idea of not at least trying to save her though was heartbreaking... but he knew Perchstar well enough that she would have wanted them to take care of the kits and elders food problems before expending what little warriors were left in an attempt to find her.

He looked down at his paws. "I'm well enough to help I can do this" he murmured quietly. He doubted she could say yes.. she probably felt the same way he did but they both also probably knew the odds of finding perchstar were slim to none and whatever warriors went out looking would then be exhausted by the time they got back compounding their already bad problems of barely keeping patrols running.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2493

PostSubject: Re: Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN]   Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN] EmptyMon 10 Apr 2023 - 23:17

dc467ws-4f57e5ee-a206-4d0a-8261-e3cb0496a605Rowansong

Rowansong had never been one to eat much. Over the last few seasons, he’d started forgetting entirely some days. Even if it was prey that would go untouched by his teeth, the growing hunger within his Clan was not unnoticed by him. He felt it, too; he was tired, irritable. The moment he recovered enough from grieving to be active, Rowansong threw himself again into being as useful as he could– twice as useful, burning energy and temperance in equal reckless measure. The exhaustion would catch up with him soon, he feared. He was more afraid his temper would find him first.

The sound of Sprucebark’s voice across camp lifted his head from his thoughts. Rowansong looked towards his brother, ears turned towards his conversation with Poppyshine, but he spoke too softly to make out. He might not have bothered, but something about not knowing made Rowansong’s brow furrow. Something just felt… off, about it. Gingerly, he got to his paws, moving leisurely closer.

And he’d been right, to eavesdrop. Rowansong’s ears swiveled again as he moved a step past them, turning back to catch Sprucebark’s last words. He stopped midstep, turning rather than marching on when he planted his paw again. “You can’t be serious,” he sputtered. With a slow blink, Rowansong collected a breath before he could barrel ahead. “We are looking for her on patrols, are we not? It is all we can do. And are you suggesting yourself as the sole volunteer? Should something happen again, Perchstar will walk again to return to us. You, though…” Rowansong found he was unable to finish the sentence, cutting himself off with a pointed lash of his tail.

I need the sound of crowds, or I can't fall asleep at night.Art credit

f2u-risen-by-rilvin-dciueshRookkit

Kits and queens, alongside the elders, were the first members of the Clan to be fed. Rookkit appreciated it; they often did not realize they were hungry until it was suggested otherwise. Still being a kit to the Clan helped that at least, but…

Rookkit batted lazily at the fish in front of him. It had been a while now, that he’d sat and tried to convince himself to eat. The nearly-barren fresh-kill pile was hard to miss, even when the available paws did everything they could to keep their Clanmates fed, and Rookkit knew he could have been one of the cats helping had he not been so stubborn. A muted regret burrowed in his chest when the bickering of warrior’s across camp made his ears twitch. Ducking his head away from their conversation, Rookkit pawed at the fish again, contemplative.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN]   Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN] EmptyWed 19 Apr 2023 - 17:56

Sprucebarks eyes narrowed at his brothers tone. "I didnt say I was the ONLY volunteer ROWANNN!! he hissed back equally frustrated with his brother as Rowansong was with him apparently.

It had been so nice to finally understand Rowansong for a brief moment prior to all this when they both relied on each other during the loss of their kin. But it wasn't to last apparently since Rowan was incestent on antagonizing him.

"And I don't hear YOU offering any better plans!" he said defensively flicking his tail in turn with that of his littermate.

"All you ever do is criticize what I am trying to do, complain complain complain! Never anything to offer but to shoot holes in my ideas"

he took a half step towards Rowan severely annoyed now.

"I'm SICK of it ROWAN!" he hissed on the edge of fully snapping.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN]   Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN] EmptyThu 27 Apr 2023 - 15:30

Poppyshine

Poppyshine had been stressed, as many cats in the clan had been. The balancing act of finding enough warriors to hunt for prey, patrol their borders, and also look for Perchstar—it was taking a lot out of her. She had been hoping for a quiet afternoon to perhaps get a nap to make up for the shorter hours of sleep she had been gathering lately, and both of her sons were suddenly getting into an argument right in front of her.

“Boys, what are you doing?” She stood and looked between both Sprucebark and Rowansong, but her gaze settled on Sprucebark seeing as he was the one being more aggressive in the exchange. “Spruce, there is no need to yell at your brother. Everyone is doing all they can. Do not throw your frustrations onto him, you understand?” Poppyshine then looked to Rowansong. “Your brother is just concerned, Rowan. As am I.” Then to the both of them, she said with as much patience as she could muster in these trying times, “I know everything is hard right now. We must balance between searching for Perchstar and looking after the clan. I will not abandon our leader, but I also cannot leave our clan to starve by sending out everyone on patrols. You’ll both be sent on more patrols as they are organized.” She gives a stern look to Sprucebark. “But not nonstop. Rest is important. I won’t have any warrior working themselves into an early grave, understand?”
RiverClan • Tier 5 • Deputy • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #669966
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN]   Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN] EmptySun 30 Apr 2023 - 21:45

Sprucebark blinked as mom soon was getting involved.

"but he was the one taking my words out of context. He was trying to make it seem like I meant I was the sole volunteer when that clearly is not what I was saying" Sprucebark tried to explain frustrated. ... and what was that Rowansong had even started to say at the end there?? "and you though..." what was that?? some vague taunt or something? Well if Rowansong had wanted to get under his skin he had done so, in fact he had done so much more than that.

However, he gave a nod understanding Poppyshines request. He didn't like this order, he didn't like any of this at all. But orders were orders and the rules and orders is what he lived by even when he didn't like it.

Having Perchstar gone was such a key component in Spruce's life that he was not doing well with it one bit. It was destroying him and the additional pressure of not having enough food to feed the elders or kits was a mountain of pressure on top of that. The additional critizisim from his brother too now of accusing him of such things he didnt even understand was just adding on some more.

"Yes Deputy" he finally meowed. It wasn't a yes mom or even a yes Poppyshine. This was an act of obedience only because she was now in charge and for no other reason.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN]   Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Our Bellies Grow Hungry; Our Numbers Grow Small [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1