Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Better luck this time

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2846

Better luck this time Empty
PostSubject: Better luck this time   Better luck this time EmptyMon 27 Mar 2023 - 18:51

Eaglepaw was excited as ever, today Flutterpetal said he was gonna take them hunting again.  Since their last hunt ended early with an ambush by a predator this would be his chance to show Flutterpetal how much he had learned so far.  He had been on a couple other hunting patrols and was eager to show his mentor his rabbit catchin skills now.

He purred loudly seeing his mentor join him at the camp exit giving him a friendly nudge on his shoulder.  "We will catch em this time Flutterpetal!  I just know it" he purred with enthusiasm.

He walked alongside his mentor thinking back to all that Flutterpetal had taught him... right... high hills to see them and dont let them smell you with the wind he recited quietly in his mind.

He stalked up a big hill overlooking a portion of their territory and set eyes on a rabbit.  OH! this was his lucky day indeed he just knew it was gonna be a good day!

He glanced over to his mentor to make sure he was here and watching (and because he liked the reassurance that Flutter was right behind him too)

before he started his approach sneaking up quietly on the rabbit.

He pounced!

AND he caught it!

-5 sp rabbit caught

It hung from his mouth as he grinned up at his mentor. "I did it I did it!" he squealed doing a little happy dance. "Best mentor everrr!"

More Swiftheart

Last edited by speedy on Mon 27 Mar 2023 - 18:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15032

PostSubject: Better luck this time   Better luck this time EmptyMon 27 Mar 2023 - 18:51

The member 'speedy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Better luck this time Mistpe10
Better luck this time Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6714

PostSubject: Re: Better luck this time   Better luck this time EmptyWed 29 Mar 2023 - 17:28

Remembering the sudden attack of the hawk made Flutterpetal a little bit more wary as he traveled the moors today, his shoulders faintly aching from the healed-over talon wounds, and he scanned the skies every so often. But they were light blue and endless as always, wispy white clouds tracing vague shadows on the ground beneath them. The breeze carried a hint of warmth and the faintest scent of newleaf. Eaglepaw seemed as optimistic as ever, and the warrior tried to let himself relax as they walked through the territory.

This time he would let Eaglepaw attempt to hunt. That had been his original intent before they'd been cut short. Maybe he would remember everything he'd said... he'd just have to see. Intently, Flutterpetal watched as his apprentice followed the proper steps. Though his movements were a bit clumsy and unpracticed, he had gotten the general hang of what he was supposed to do, and in not too long at all, he'd caught his first piece of prey. A rabbit of his own. Flutterpetal smiled, glad that the previous patrol hadn't been a complete disaster. Though he certainly didn't feel like the "best mentor ever," he was glad that Eaglepaw didn't hold any resentment for his imperfections. "Good job," he said reassuringly. "When you catch prey, you'll want to thank the ancestors for its life, and bury it shallowly in some dirt so that predators don't get it while you keep hunting. Then, you can come back for it later." His nose twitched as he smelled another rabbit nearby. "Do you think you can wait for me a little while? I'd like to try and catch something as well."

After receiving the necessary response, Flutterpetal pinpointed the rabbit's location. It was surprisingly close. Perhaps it had come from the same place as the other one, because it was only a hilltop or so away, rooting around in the leafbare-brittle grass very near where they had just been. He let out a deep breath, glanced at the sky one more time, then descended carefully towards it. If he was quiet and fast, he could reach it before it realized what happened. And, thankfully, that was exactly what happened. A few swift moments and one bite later, the fresh-kill hung from his jaws. It was good to know that he still remembered how to hunt, as well. Maybe he could be okay as a mentor after all. There was a bit more lightness to his step as he returned to Eaglepaw, placing his rabbit down with the apprentice's. "All right! Today was luckier, after all."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~

Last edited by Ash on Wed 29 Mar 2023 - 17:30; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15032

PostSubject: Re: Better luck this time   Better luck this time EmptyWed 29 Mar 2023 - 17:28

The member 'Ash' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

Better luck this time Mistpe10
Better luck this time Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Better luck this time   Better luck this time Empty

Back to top Go down

Better luck this time
Page 1 of 1