Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

flight of downy dreams (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6726

flight of downy dreams (c) Empty
PostSubject: flight of downy dreams (c)   flight of downy dreams (c) EmptyTue 21 Mar 2023 - 20:30

Flutterpetal inhaled the breeze as it wafted in, relishing the fresh scent of green, growing things. The leaf-bare that had seemed as if it would never end was finally, finally drawing to a close. No more snow on the moors. No more frostbitten grasses crunching beneath his paws. The sun was beginning to come out, and hopefully it would never go away. And... any day now, the flowers would be back. That was what he was most excited for. It had been so long since he'd seen such vibrant colors. Maybe once the flowers returned, then everything could truly be back to normal.

But what was normal, anyway?

He shook off the thought, choosing instead to focus on the warmth seeping into his pelt from the bright morning sun. It was newleaf. Everything would be fine again. He had Adderdawn, and all his friends, and....

Without thinking, he found himself by the ShadowClan border again. Every time he wandered on his patrols, he somehow ended up here. Subconsciously, he must have been hoping to run into his friend. But he'd had no such luck thus far. Probably because ShadowClan tended to be nocturnal. Maybe he ought to just leave camp at nighttime, then? But no, Shrikestar had said cats probably shouldn't leave camp on their own. (Not that it had stopped him from going here by himself on the guise of a hunting patrol.) So what was he supposed to do? Just wait until the next Gathering?

Flutterpetal sat by the edge of the scent-markers, looking across into the marshy territory opposite him and trying not to pout. Borders were so... hare-brained. Why bother separating Clans in such an arbitrary way? Sure, everyone was free to hunt the prey they most liked and stay on the territory they would rather enjoy, but why was loyalty to Clan such a big deal? Why did falling in love with a cat who lived among trees instead of moors cause Shrikestar and Coyotegrin and the others to throw a hissy fit? Why were close friendships to take a second place to those who simply lived in the same area as you? Why not share resources? It made no sense to him. All his Clanmates hated ShadowClan now; after the incidents with Nightstar and Silverwing and the others, any talk of alliance had been shattered. Did that mean he wasn't supposed to hang out with Honeylight anymore? He didn't know. Still, lost in thought, the small black tom looked across the border, trying to quell the vain hope that his friend would suddenly choose to appear.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1028

PostSubject: Re: flight of downy dreams (c)   flight of downy dreams (c) EmptyTue 21 Mar 2023 - 21:21

HoneylightHidden Outcropping

Honeylight had found himself wandering out of camp more often on his own. As much as he tried to avoid it, melancholy had a habit of settling over his shoulders from time to time still. He tried not to think about it, but his time at the twolegged place had him feeling… out of place. Out of step with the rest of his clan. He didn’t like the feeling.

It’s not like camp was a particularly comfortable place to be right now. Redice’s execution was still swirling around in Honeylight’s mind, and there was a tension in his chest that was lingering that he didn’t know how to identify, a discomfort he wasn’t sure what to do with. He didn’t like those feelings, so he escaped into the marsh to avoid them.

Besides, he liked seeing Newleaf finally seeping into the air. The marsh was beginning to flourish with reviving plantlife and the sounds of frogs and birds. The air was pleasantly cool, rather than the kind of cold that seeped into his bones, and the sun shone through the trees to dance on his golden brown pelt. He noted with a smile that it shouldn’t be long now before the flowers began to bloom. He ought to make a flower crown once they do… maybe he’ll even be able to make one for Flutterpetal. Thoughts of flowers always brought his mind to thoughts of his Windclan friend.

Thoughts of Flutterpetal made it easier to focus on the positive, too. He smiled to himself, perking up under the Newleaf sun, turning his thoughts to brighter subjects than the ones weighing him down. He thought about Iceheart’s upcoming pregnancy and thought with joy of his recent conversation with Adderdawn and Flutterpetal both at the last gathering… he hoped he saw them again at the next gathering. He hoped he would get the chance to see them sooner than that, though he knew from secondhand accounts that tensions between Shadowclan and Windclan were high.

Almost unconsciously, he found his paws bringing him to the Windclan border. He wished he could just visit Flutterpetal whenever he wanted. He’s never really understood the need for the distinction between clans. He certainly didn’t understand Nightstar’s more intense takes on the matter.

Lost in his thoughts, Honeylight almost didn’t notice that he wasn’t quite alone as he wandered. But when he did catch sight of the black pelt across the border, his face lit up in a huge smile. Immediately he turned his body to face Flutterpetal’s, moving much closer to the border as a huge rumbling purr escaped him. “Flutterpetal!” He greeted with a wave of his tail to catch his friend’s attention.

“I was just thinking about you!” He purred happily, paws kneading the ground. “How are you doing?” Instantly, his mood had cheered far more genuinely, the negative thoughts from before melting away like ice.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6726

PostSubject: Re: flight of downy dreams (c)   flight of downy dreams (c) EmptyWed 29 Mar 2023 - 17:17

Though he had been quietly hoping, Flutterpetal had not actually been expecting the familiar golden pelt to flash into his sight. But the moment that it did, his ears immediately pricked up, and a warm smile spread across his face. "Honeylight, hello!" he purred joyfully, moving his small paws to stand as close to the border as he plausibly could. "I'm doing better now! I was, um... thinking maybe I'd run into you here." The thick scent of marshes on his friend's pelt reminded him momentarily of the many words being spoken against ShadowClan in his own camp, but he shook that away. He didn't have to worry about other peoples' opinions. It wasn't against the code to have friends, right? Besides, Shrikestar didn't have to know. Light green eyes sparkled as they looked into his friend's face. "What about you? It's almost newleaf, so I'm very excited for the flowers to come back. How've you been? What've you been up to?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1028

PostSubject: Re: flight of downy dreams (c)   flight of downy dreams (c) EmptySat 8 Apr 2023 - 18:48

HoneylightHidden Outcropping

Honeylight felt himself purring happily at Flutterpetal saying he was hoping to see him. “I was hoping to see you too!” He chirped, joy fluttering in his heart. Honeylight couldn’t quite sit still, dancing from paw to paw in his excitement and kneading the ground.

“Oh, I’m so excited for the flowers too, it’s going to be so nice to see color in the marsh again. Leafbare can’t be over fast enough.” Honeylight said. “And I’m doing good! For… the most part, everything’s been nice at home.” He decided more sour news, like Redice’s execution or Webshadow dying before Honeylight got home, wasn’t really nice to mention right now. He’d rather focus on the good!

“My mom’s pregnant!” He says excitedly, unable to contain the much brighter news that he’s excited for. “Iceheart. This is her first official litter- she adopted me- so she’s nervous but i’m really excited to have little siblings. I know she’s going to be amazing and so are they. Forestbreeze and Iceheart are the best parents anyone could ask for and I can’t wait to meet the little scraps.” Honeylight rambled, closing his eyes for a moment and just living in the fantasy of being part of a big family for a minute.

He shook his head to clear it before opening sparkling honey-colored eyes again. “So mostly I’ve been excited about that! What about you? How have you been? Anything exciting happening back home? What about Adderdawn? It was so nice to see the two of you at the gathering! I wish we had more opportunities to hang out.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP