Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

laughing on the outside [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

laughing on the outside [C] Empty
PostSubject: laughing on the outside [C]   laughing on the outside [C] EmptyFri Mar 03, 2023 7:28 pm

f2u-risen-by-rilvin-dciueshRookkit

Rookkit felt well for most of today, which was a small miracle. They had spent most of the morning laying down with Larkkit, but as afternoon came to pass, they felt confident in sitting upright without worrying they would be tipping over again. They even felt up to leaving the nursery. They had not gone outside for a day or two, not since the night spent watching the entrance to camp. Gently nudging Larkkit’s shoulder, they got quietly to their paws and, leaning against his shoulder, padded out of the den.

They didn’t have anything in mind as they stepped outside, but when the bright sunlight hit their eyes a thought came to them. Sunkit had not been in the nursery, so naturally, he would be outside somewhere. He’d been just as unhappy as Rookkit about their families not returning, and not speaking to him as often since then added a bit to their weariness. Larkkit had never seemed fond of him… but that didn’t make sense. They enjoyed Sunkit fine. Surely, their brother would enjoy him too, in time.

It didn’t take long to spot the familiar pelt. Sunkit was sitting by himself, not far from the nursery. For some reason, seeing Sunkit alone made Rookkit’s ears droop– it just didn’t seem… right. He was usually chattering to somebody. Nosing their brother’s shoulder again, they steered him gently over. “Sunkit,” they mewed simply when they were close enough for their quiet voice to be heard. "Hello."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: Re: laughing on the outside [C]   laughing on the outside [C] EmptySat Mar 04, 2023 6:05 pm

SunkitRiverclan Camp

Sunkit had been sitting down, paws tucked underneath his chest as he just sat and stared into the middle distance. He had been thinking, mentally running in circles as he considered all the unanswered questions surrounding his parents disappearance. He found himself considering increasingly unlikely and horrible scenarios as to what their fate was, (did they escape and then get killed by a monster? Killed by horrible rogues? Maimed by dogs? Did they--) and his expression was becoming darker and darker by the moment.

And then a soft, familiar voice, and suddenly Sunkit’s dark thoughts screeched to a halt. He blinked, then looked up at the siblings in front of him. Though the smile that broke across his face wasn’t anywhere near as blindingly warm as the ones he usually cast Rookkit’s way, it did chase the dark expression off of his face. “Rookkit, Larkkit, hi!”

“Are you feeling better?” Sunkit asked, looking towards Rookkit, because while he’d been caught in his little grief spiral, he’d still been worried about the siblings he's practically grew up with. Larkkit seemed… well. Well, Sunkit could never quite read Larkkit, and he was still feeling a little bitter over Larkkit’s reaction when the other missing cats had come home, but he seemed… alright-ish. But Rookkit had gotten sick, which made Sunkit worried.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: laughing on the outside [C]   laughing on the outside [C] EmptySun Mar 05, 2023 1:46 pm

Larkkit

Rookkit was finally feeling well enough to go outside. Progress, and good progress at that. It brightened Larkkit as they walked out of the nursery together. Perhaps they could go and investigate around the fresh kill pile and Rookkit could get something to eat. Or perhaps they could play a little bit and get Rookkit’s body moving again. Or even-

Larkkit’s expression soured as Rookkit nudged him in the direction of…Sunkit. Blasted Sunkit. Always Sunkit. Larkkit plants himself on the ground beside his sibling while they spoke together. Their tail lashed irritably behind them and they met Sunkit’s attempt at a cheerful expression with their own angry, irritated one. Of course Rookkit wants to speak with Sunkit when they are feeling better. Stars forbid it is just the two of them for a while.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: laughing on the outside [C]   laughing on the outside [C] EmptySun Mar 05, 2023 4:15 pm

The sharpness that Larkkit stopped with made Rookkit blink, turning slowly towards their brother. They looked narrowly towards Sunkit’s bright smile, wondering if they should say goodbye instead and let their brother lead them somewhere else. Frozen for a moment, they eventually pushed up against Larkkit’s side. They did not know what aggravated him so much, but hopefully being there would ease the rough look off his features. Rookkit would always be there then, if that’s what it took.

Remaining focused on his twin for a beat longer, Rookkit eventually returned to staring at Sunkit. It was good to see him smiling. But for some reason, Rookkit couldn’t relax. “I am feeling better enough to come outside,” he assured quietly. “I will see if it lasts. If it does,” he leaned a little firmer into Larkkit to ensure his attention and finished, “I will perhaps be ready for our apprentice ceremonies. When I am better.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

PostSubject: Re: laughing on the outside [C]   laughing on the outside [C] EmptyWed Mar 08, 2023 2:36 pm

SunkitRiverclan Camp

Sunkit blinked as Larkkit settled down too, and started glaring at him. His tail twitched as he stared back at Larkkit for a moment, tilting his head slightly to the side. He was pretty sure that he’d never really understand Larkkit. He hadn’t even done anything! Recently. And he was pretty sure that wasn’t just Larkkit’s default expression either, given the fact that he looked fine just a moment before when Larkkit saw him. Oh well. Maybe that was just Larkkit’s expression when he looked at Sunkit.

Sunkit turned to look at Rookkit again as they began to speak. He smiled softer as Rookkit’s spoke of feeling better, his own shoulders relaxing. Good. He hated seeing Rookkit curled up and sad in bed. Then he blinked in surprise. He opened his mouth, ready to ask, ”Weren’t you going to wait? Weren’t we going to wait together?” and then he closed his mouth again. He didn’t dare say something like that in front of Larkkit, and besides-- the time for waiting had passed. They would have to seek out their parents themselves if there was any hope in bringing them home.

“That’s good, I’m glad!” Sunkit found himself purring instead. He was surprised at himself when he said, “I wanna wait until you’re better too, that way all of us can do it together. But that’ll be exciting when we get there.” He didn’t realize how badly he wanted to reach apprenticeship with Rookkit. He smiled and turned his eyes to Larkkit again, hesitantly addressing him directly. “Are you feeling ready for being an apprentice too?”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: laughing on the outside [C]   laughing on the outside [C] EmptyFri Mar 10, 2023 6:35 pm

Larkkit

Sunkit looking at him with that bit of surprise and uncomfortable air only irritated Larkkit further. He knew he was not welcome here. Should he not be in Sunkit’s presence, he would be jovially speaking with Rookkit and having a wonderful time. Larkkit had no place in this blossoming friendship. Sunkit would soon take his place and Rookkit would not need him any longer. And yet Sunkit had the audacity to address him.

He lifted his chin, finally siting taller rather than slouching, and he replied, “Yes. I have been eager to begin my apprenticeship, but I would not dream of doing so unless my sibling was also prepared to take that step.” He looked to Rookkit and a twitch of a smile found its way onto his face. “I am glad you are feeling more ready for it. When your health improves, you will be excited, I’m sure.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: laughing on the outside [C]   laughing on the outside [C] EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 12:02 am

Something about the way their friend’s mouth fell open made Rookkit want to frown. Still, Sunkit was purring quickly, sounding enthused. They knew he’d been desperate to be apprenticed, if just to look for his family. Rookkit’s thin tail curled against their leg. They could not share in the excitement towards apprenticeship, but it was hard not to feel even just a quiet thrill when Sunkit sounded so sure of them training together. Whiskers twitching, they gave a quiet hum of assent and let him turn towards Larkkit, following his eyes back towards their brother.

Larkkit was still scowling, the irritation and discomfort rolling off his pelt sinking into Rookkit’s own. A soft sight left him and a wrinkle tempted the bridge of his muzzle, but Rookkit kept his pleasantly neutral look. What is the matter? If he thought it loud enough, or enough times, maybe it would register in Larkkit’s mind too and he would answer. Why are you always so cross with him? At least he was sitting straight now, and actually speaking to Sunkit rather than just glaring. Or is it that we are late to become apprentices? Rookkit ducked his head, hoping quietly that Lark was not this upset that he held them both back.

That could not be, though. The rest of his words assured that, and when Rookkit looked up again at his slight shifting, they were pleased to see something softer flick through his dark expression. “I am glad you waited for me,” they responded genuinely. “I would not dream of you leaving.” There was that little needling in their chest again that usually came with talking about the future, but Rookkit found it hard to deny their brother, even if they did not wholly believe it. They felt tired and unwell now, but surely they would be excited when they were better. Having Larkkit with them would be exciting enough; maybe they only needed to focus on that. “Yes, I will be. It will be good for us, and I know you will be happy.” Rookkit pressed their head gently to their brother’s shoulder before looking again towards Sunkit. “And you will be excited, as well. Some day I imagine we will all have a chance to train together. That sounds nice.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: laughing on the outside [C]   laughing on the outside [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

laughing on the outside [C]
Page 1 of 1