Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

a noble occupation [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

a noble occupation [C] Empty
PostSubject: a noble occupation [C]   a noble occupation [C] EmptyFri 3 Mar 2023 - 6:32

f2u-decor-gogoriki-background-by-mairu-doggy-dbj2ej2Adderdawn

Brackenwing wasn’t a cat Adderdawn knew well. Really, he didn’t know her at all– she was a Clanmate, and surely he’d spoken to her in passing, gone through patrols with her, but she’d always fallen just outside his small circle that he’d never felt the need to speak with her directly. No particular drive to talk along with spending most of his life stuck in his head… Adderdawn shook his coat out, shaking out any last-minute deliberation. Stooping down, he picked a rabbit from the fresh-kill pile and padded toward the elder’s den.

She was a good friend of Whisperear, so he supposed she was a friend in turn. The arguing that echoed out of Shrikestar’s den following their return, her voice clearest among it, hadn’t been forgotten either. All of that on top of getting hit by a monster so shortly after coming home, forced into retiring while still young. A sigh ruffled against the prey between his teeth.

Careful as he could, Adderdawn ducked his head into the den, squinting against the different light before finding Brackenwing. A paw lifted, ready to pad over, before he stopped himself and instead just shuffled in place. “Hello, Brackenwing,” he mewed, grateful his voice was slightly muffled– hopefully, enough to hide most of his meek tone. "I thought I would say hello. Did you want this rabbit? I know there’s been–“ he cleared his throat stiffly, and set the rabbit down carefully before softly finishing, “a lot that happened, while you were gone with Whisperear. And… since.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5683

PostSubject: Re: a noble occupation [C]   a noble occupation [C] EmptyFri 3 Mar 2023 - 16:59

Brackenwing's head lifted as one of her clanmates entered the elder's den, and she carefully sat up in her nest. The pain had been a little more bearable today, but with nothing much to do in the elder's den, the former warrior had found herself letting her mind wander as she napped a bit more than she would have liked to admit. Some company would do her good, and she was relieved to see that it wasn't certain clanmates that was intruding on the silence. "Hello, Adderdawn." She had never interacted with the younger tom much, but he was a friend to Whisperear and Flutterpetal, and that was enough to make her think he was a decent sort to be around.

"I was gone for not even a full moon." Brackenwing huffed, "Did everyone lose all sense in that time?" Her tail twitched in frustration. "I'm not sure if watching everything happen in real time would have been better than hearing a one-sided story that nobody could keep straight after the fact." She muttered. She didn't know Adderdawn's views on what went down, but he'd been there, so surely he would have seen how foolishly both Windclan and Shadowclan leadership had acted, right? And if not... Brackenwing was done hiding her opinions and keeping her head down like the good little warrior she had been.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

PostSubject: Re: a noble occupation [C]   a noble occupation [C] EmptySat 11 Mar 2023 - 17:58

f2u-decor-gogoriki-background-by-mairu-doggy-dbj2ej2Adderdawn

Brackenwing’s greeting was welcoming enough, even if the huffing that followed wasn’t. Even though the elder’s voice was bitter, Adderdawn’s tail was shivering with agitated excitement. He knew Brackenwing’s feelings on everything, from talking to Whisperear and from how she had become more vocal herself. Still, hearing it straight from her filled him with eager vindication.

“I think watching everything was worse,” he said, half-joking, as he stooped to grab the rabbit’s neck again and gingerly drag it further into the den. Even if neither of them ate, he set it down close to Brackenwing and settled down a respectful distance from her. “I envy the both of you, that you didn’t have to actually watch everything. But…” Adderdawn’s muzzle wrinkled. His tone was more serious when he carried on, “Whisperear said that Shrikestar and Coyotegrin barely talked about ShadowClan’s involvement. I’m glad, for that, that I was here to see it. I don’t know if I could handle my leader and a trusted warrior lying so blatantly.” His fur started to bristle just from thinking about it.

Shifting to get a bit more comfortable, Adderdawn looked squarely at Brackenwing. His eyes were lit with intention. “Has anyone told you the entire story? It sounds like the two of you got most of it, but…” his voice, a low whisper, trailed into just a breath. Even just recounting the story made his tail shiver again. It still shocked him, openly voicing his new disdain for Shrikestar or hearing others share similar thoughts. Fear and thrill pushed his fur to stand further on end. “I still can’t– I still can’t believe you were lied to to begin with.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5683

PostSubject: Re: a noble occupation [C]   a noble occupation [C] EmptySun 12 Mar 2023 - 17:26

Brackenwing watched the warrior as he spoke. By the looks of it, she and Whisperear weren't the only ones who weren't happy. "Whisperear told you, then? Coming back to that was a surprise, to be sure." It had been unpleasant, even without the news of disappearances and deaths that had been so callously dropped onto their shoulders.

"They didn't. They didn't mention how injured Amberstone and Russetrye were either, only that Silverwing was a problem." She confirmed what Whisperear had said, tail twitching back and forth. "They didn't seem to care that Coyotegrin is the reason Shadowclan knows one of Windclan's most valuable secrets, not that we'll be really using the tunnels anytime soon either." Brackenwing muttered. "I went and found Silverwing actually, after the gathering. She told me some of it, and yes. It's hard to believe your own leader and his mate have such little respect that they would lie to your face like that." She shook her head.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8