Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

show the world what you can do [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6062

show the world what you can do [c] Empty
PostSubject: show the world what you can do [c]   show the world what you can do [c] EmptySun 26 Feb 2023 - 20:47

Some time had passed since the dogs invaded ShadowClan's camp and the lost cats returned, and Leopardsun's own injuries were fading. After ensuring her daughter was well enough, she'd set out into the territory for another training session; with some curiosity. There had been a change in Badgerpaw's demeanor since their last outing, and she wondered how (or if) it would manifest in training.

Pride and affection were clear in her face as she turned her gaze to the apprentice. "Are you ready, Badgerpaw?"

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Guardian of Twilight
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Rogue
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 1
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7402

PostSubject: Re: show the world what you can do [c]   show the world what you can do [c] EmptySun 26 Feb 2023 - 20:53

Badgerpaw couldn't deny her excitement as she followed after her mother - eager as well to see how the training would shape out. Her worldview had been expanded, changed... Or, well, she just didn't give a tail-flick what people thought about her anymore and the worries of failing or meeting their expectations was gone. She had proven herself to her Clan in a moment of need - that was all the confident she found she needed.

As they came to a stop, her eyes glimmered as Leopardsun turned to face her. "Ready!" she chirped, giving her tail an excited lash - curious to see what they would be doing today.

show the world what you can do [c] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon ~ Flurrykit
TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: show the world what you can do [c]   show the world what you can do [c] EmptySat 4 Mar 2023 - 14:57

"Any good warrior needs to know how to hunt," Leopardsun began, closing her eyes to scent the air. "Tell me, Badgerpaw. What, in your eyes, is essential to successfully capturing prey?"

There wasn't quite a right answer; though there were plenty that might be considered wrong. She wanted to begin this session by assessing Badgerpaw's understanding, and then once that was done she would assess her skill.

"Keep your eyes on me for a moment."

She had caught the scent of a mouse, and when she opened her eyes she spotted its pink tail and greyish fur amidst the melting snow. Slowly stalking forward and pouncing only when she began to close the distance, she leapt to capture it within her paws. Pinning it down as she landed and killing it with a swift blow to the neck, she turned back to her apprentice and set the prey gently at her paws.

"Now that you've seen a successful catch, I'm curious about your answer."

Leopardsun caught a Rodent, costing 5 SP!
135/140 SP

Last edited by Holly on Sat 4 Mar 2023 - 15:00; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15121

PostSubject: Re: show the world what you can do [c]   show the world what you can do [c] EmptySat 4 Mar 2023 - 14:57

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

show the world what you can do [c] Mistpe10
show the world what you can do [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon, Flurrykit - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior [F] Unborn ThunderClan Kit
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: show the world what you can do [c]   show the world what you can do [c] EmptySat 4 Mar 2023 - 15:11

Hunting, huh? It seemed a fitting way to start - their last attempt to cover it hadn't gone all that well with the Twolegs and...Well, she had proven that she could fight so it was the big thing that they still needed to know if she had any talent for. The question thought made her pause, frowning softly as she thought about it but did as Leopardsun bid - eyes trained on her mother as she fell into a crouch and started to stalk towards...A mouse, by the smell of it.

As the deputy easily caught the prey and returned, she straightened up a little as she gave her answer - she had come up with the answer rather quickly...It seemed natural, given their Clan strength but it was something she imagined even the other Clans couldn't hunt without. "Stealth. No matter how good of a hunter you are, if your prey is aware of you before you are of it, you'll never catch anything. And if you are quiet enough, it can make up for poor placement - the closer you are when the prey becomes aware...Well, the easier it is to catch it before it can make an escape."

TC T5 Leader ~ SC T5 Warrior ~ SkC T5 Warrior ~ RC Apprentice~ WC T2 Warrior ~ Unborn TC Kit
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue ~ Slategray
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: show the world what you can do [c]   show the world what you can do [c] EmptySat 4 Mar 2023 - 15:21

"That's a good answer, even if it might seem a bit obvious," Leopardsun nodded. It made sense: ShadowClan was known for their stealth, but nearly every cat employed some amount of sneaking to hunt well. "There's not just one right answer, there are several useful techniques, but stealth is central to almost all of them. Now that you've identified a successful technique and the essential component of it, I'd like to see you make an attempt. Stay within my sight if you can, but if you stray any further I'll follow."

Her expression softened again, the pride she still felt shining through despite her need to be professional. She had decided to train her daughter (and at the time it had been in part because she wasn't sure how Badgerpaw would take to any of the other warriors), but she wouldn't allow herself to play favorites.

"What you decide to catch and how you decide to catch it is entirely up to you. When you come back to me, I'll give my own assessment of your technique."

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: show the world what you can do [c]   show the world what you can do [c] EmptySat 4 Mar 2023 - 15:28

She nodded as her Leopardsun lightly corrected her but she still felt a surge of pride about her answer - stealth was always useful. Few warriors were going to get far without it, no matter their hunting style. ...But it did mean she had to find out how she would excel in hunting. At her new task, she gave a nod as she pushed herself to her paws, turning and taking a step away as she tasted the air - trying to locate something other than the mouse that now rested at Leopardsun's paws.

There was a knot within her stomach - fear of failing. What if hunting simply wasn't one of her talents? However, even then...It did not hold the same sway over her that it once did - now, she was certain in her bravery at least. She would fight for her family and to her...That would be enough, even if it turned out she could barely catch her own tail in the end. She took a few more pawsteps away before her ears perked, gaze snapping as she caught wind of a lizard and spotted it scurrying nearby.

She dropped into a crouch - a loose mimic of her mother's, thought it held none of the refine grace that only moons of practice would drill into her as she started to stalk towards it. It didn't seem to notice her as it poked its head around, distracted in its own search for...Something - the apprentice didn't really care. Finally she paused, trying to weigh the risk verse reward of approaching any further before she gave a slight shake of her head - no, she was close enough. Bundling up, she gave her rump a little shake to correct her footing and leapt - a paw landing square on the lizard's back. She could feel it try to pull away, feet scrambling to find the strength to wiggle free but she quickly ended its struggle and picked it up, turning to look at her mother with a flicker of joy.

Badgerpaw is attempting to catch a lizard and succeeded, costing 5 stamina!

Last edited by Honey Badger on Sat 4 Mar 2023 - 15:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15121

PostSubject: Re: show the world what you can do [c]   show the world what you can do [c] EmptySat 4 Mar 2023 - 15:28

The member 'Honey Badger' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

show the world what you can do [c] Mistpe10
show the world what you can do [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: show the world what you can do [c]   show the world what you can do [c] EmptyTue 14 Mar 2023 - 21:30

"Not bad," Leopardsun nodded in approval as Badgerpaw returned to her, allowing herself a smile. "Though your technique needs some work. That's to be expected; it won't be entirely natural until you've had more practice. But it's a good start, given that you succeeded. Not everyone catches something on their first try, you know."

Her expression grew serious as she regarded the apprentice, considering how to phrase the rest of her critique. "That said, Badgerpaw, your biggest setback is your lack of confidence. Whether you're stalking a lizard or fighting on the battlefield, self-doubt is a weakness; you cannot afford to question your actions in the moment. There will be time to reflect and reconsider your strategy, but that time comes later. You have to trust your instincts, and act quickly. If you don't, then your target gets away; or you lose focus in a crucial moment, and that can cost you greatly."

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: show the world what you can do [c]   show the world what you can do [c] EmptyFri 17 Mar 2023 - 15:16

Badgerpaw's head was held high as her mother praised her, dropping the lizard but when Leopardsun turned her attention onto her critique - bringing up her lack of confident, that caused the apprentice to wince. "I know that!" she shot back defensively, fur prickling for a few heartbeats before her sagged and she sank onto her haunches. "...I know that. It was...It was what held me back before - I doubted...Everything," she admitted, curling her tail around her paws as she sank in on herself. "I only realized how much it was costing me until the fight with the dogs. I didn't have time to think - to doubt. I had..." she shuffled her paws, glancing up at her mom. "...I had to protect you, and Harriertalon, and dad and my siblings. I realized how much I hated being trapped by it afterwards - so I am trying to be...Free from it, I guess."

She stared intently at her paws, a frown on her face. "...I think I like fighting more - because there is no time to think, to question myself...Because I will and I hate it. I hate doubting myself so much..."

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: show the world what you can do [c]   show the world what you can do [c] EmptyWed 22 Mar 2023 - 19:41

"I'm not trying to upset you, and I have noticed the change," Leopardsun assured her. "Just to make sure that you're aware of your weak points- if you know what they are, you can work on addressing them. That said, I think you've done plenty of work for today; we can stay out a while longer if you want to keep practicing, but otherwise we can head back to camp whenever you're ready. I'm sure it will feel good to drop your catch on the fresh-kill pile once we return."

She nudged Badgerpaw affectionately. "I don't know if I can say it enough, but I'm very proud of you."

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: show the world what you can do [c]   show the world what you can do [c] EmptyFri 24 Mar 2023 - 18:08

She knew Leopardsun hadn't meant to upset her or anything, but still her face felt hot with shame over her outburst. Her mom was right, it was good to know her weakness so she could cover for it but...It didn't make it any easier to admit. She didn't like to think about how much she had been hold back by her hesitation - her doubt and fear over such a stupid... She took in a deep breath, glancing up as her mom gave her a nudge. She smiled softly at the praise, leaning into her mom for a few heartbeats - soaking in her warmth and scent before she drew back.

"...I think I am good to head back," she meowed, pushing herself to her paws. As tempting as it was to focus on training... This session had been good enough to confirm to herself how far she had come - she had managed to catch something! She leaned down to pick up her lizard, but paused a whisker-length away. "...Thanks, by the way. For believing in me. I'm...I'm going to be the best warrior, just you wait," she murmured, before she finished picking up the lizard and turned to follow Leopardsun back to the camp.

It was the start of something new dawn for her, and she couldn't be any more thankful to have a mentor like her mom looking after her.

OOC: Topic end~

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: show the world what you can do [c]   show the world what you can do [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

show the world what you can do [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Territory-
Jump to: