Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

What a Surprise [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2958

What a Surprise [C] Empty
PostSubject: What a Surprise [C]   What a Surprise [C] EmptyMon Feb 20, 2023 5:53 pm

Iceheart

Iceheart had not felt good the past few days, which was frustrating because she should feel nothing but good. Their clanmates had been returned, the twolegs officially were out of the forest; Honeylight was alright and Forestbreeze was officially her mate. Everything was perfect…except her health, it seemed. She felt ill every day and she felt larger and heavier, even if her thick pelt hid the weight gain. Her appetite seemed to fluctuate between not wanting to eat anything at all, and wanting to eat triple her share, so she was never satisfied at meals. After over a week of this, Iceheart knew that there was something wrong, so she finally made her way to the medicine den after an early patrol.

“Hello Burdockroot,” she greeted as she entered. She took a seat. “I have not felt good as of late, and wanted to see if you can diagnose me with anything. I’d rather be in top shape during patrols.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1852

PostSubject: Re: What a Surprise [C]   What a Surprise [C] EmptySat Feb 25, 2023 9:23 am

Burdockroot could tell. The way Iceheart had walked in and sat down. Kitting and Queening was not her favorite topics, but enough Queens had passed through her den for her to know. She had seen Iceheart with Forestbreeze for all those moons.

She knew.

But. She didn't say anything, and wouldn't now, before she was a hundred percent certain. Instead, she nodded and flicked her tail to an empty nest. "Lay down and I will check for something." She stepped back to wait for Iceheart to comply and when she did so, she started gently massaging her stomach and feeling around. "What do you think it to be?" Certainly, Iceheart knew what having a mate meant.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What a Surprise [C]   What a Surprise [C] EmptyWed Mar 01, 2023 11:29 am

Iceheart

With a nod, Iceheart laid down where Burdockroot indicated. She closed her eyes while Burdockroot massaged and assessed her. Iceheart was no fool, of course; she knew about queens and kits and how that all worked. But she did not think it would happen to her. Somehow, a part of her had tossed out the very notion. Therefore, she could not even consider that a reason for these obvious symptoms would be that she was a queen in waiting.

“Something I ate, perhaps?” Iceheart murmured. “Or I could be stressed…though I don’t know why. This is the happiest I’ve felt in moons. I don’t think stress is supposed to be a symptom of happiness.” She opened her eyes and looked back at Burdockroot. “Do you have a guess already?” The answer was swimming at the very edges of Iceheart’s mind, trying to push through the obliviousness that kept it at bay.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What a Surprise [C]   What a Surprise [C] EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 3:03 pm

Burdockroot nearly grit her teeth as she sat back. She had no idea why, but there was such an intense anger in her stomach, the whispers were screaming... All of this usually resulted in her outbursts that resulted in her further alienation. The medicine cat couldn't identify why. She had never wanted kits herself. It was all too evident she would be a horrible queen. But she knew Iceheart didn't deserve the brunt of this unidentifiable trigger so... Burdockroot calmed herself. Something she never could to do. Taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly, she mentally shoved the anger down and the whispers out of her ears. Finally, Burdockroot spoke in her flat tone.

"Stress isn't a side effect of happiness, but pregnancy is." Iceheart was pregnant, and Forestbreeze was undoubtly the father. "You are long enough for lumps. About half way through."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What a Surprise [C]   What a Surprise [C] EmptyTue Mar 07, 2023 6:37 pm

Iceheart

The almost lazy look that Iceheart wore while she waited for Burdockroot’s response immediately wiped away when she did speak. She sat up, her eyes wide. ”Pregnant?” she cried. “Are you sure?” Immediately she knew what a stupid question that was and she shook her head. “Oh—never mind. Of course you’re sure.” Burdockroot was a great medicine cat, and Iceheart had no doubt that her judgment was sound. She was just so…floored.

Her? A queen? It sounded like fiction. She looked back to Burdockroot. “Well, I suppose I sound rather foolish thinking that it was just a bad meal.” She shook her head. Well along as well…Iceheart could hardly believe it. “Thank you, Burdockroot, for not being nearly as oblivious as I.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What a Surprise [C]   What a Surprise [C] EmptyTue Mar 28, 2023 9:01 am

Burdockroot almost shrugged. "It's my job. I can't tell how many yet, though. But I am sure that you and Forestbreeze will have enough to fill your hearts. I hope this is wanted, as well. If not... I can, help too. But I don't believe that's the case here." Sometimes she didn't know the right thing to say. It was her job to help any situation, right?

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: What a Surprise [C]   What a Surprise [C] EmptyWed Mar 29, 2023 4:48 pm

Iceheart

Iceheart’s mind was already half pulled in a different direction. She had many cats that she needed to tell about this development, first and foremost being Forestbreeze. She focused back on Burdockroot. “Ah, no…I am surprised, for certain, but they are not unwanted.” Iceheart rose to her paws and offered Burdockroot a small smile. “Thank you for help, and for putting up with my obliviousness. And thank you in advance for taking care of me when the kits arrive. I will try to not be a hassle.”
ShadowClan • Tier 5 • She/Her • 70 | 160 • #6699ff
Credits: code inspiration - 1 2 |  image 1 | image 2 | image 3

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699