Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

How Far I'll Go [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowkit
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3070

How Far I'll Go [C] Empty
PostSubject: How Far I'll Go [C]   How Far I'll Go [C] EmptyTue 14 Feb 2023 - 23:05

Bloodstrike had set out with his new apprentice, immediately taking Sunpaw to the Moonlit Creek. This was the best spot to train new apprentices and where he had been trained as well. The memory of Wolfcall pained him for just a moment as a sense of longing washed over him. He banished the emotions immediately. He had an apprentice to train and he was going to do his duty as a warrior of Skyclan. Sunpaw was far from his first one, but he hoped Sunpaw was as similar to him as he thought he might be.

"No matter what, everything needs water." He began simply, speaking strongly and with authority as he instructed. He'd done this many times before, but it was still far from boring to him. Training the newer generations was important. "Typically coming out here before the sun rises you will find many prey items hoping to get their drink before we rouse. I want you to catch something. Today." He didn't allow time for any arguing or uncertainty. Sunpaw would have to be a fast learner. Bloodstrike dropped into a crouch with a smooth motion despite his bulk and his age. He stepped carefully forward and moved utterly silently.

"Get down low enough that the forest floor nearly touches your belly, but don't actually touch it or you will drag leaves and make noise. Long-haired cats like you are going to have a more difficult time finding the balance, but find it you must. I no longer have my tail, but you'll need to keep your straight out behind you. Put your head, neck, shoulders, back and tail all in one straight line. Your tail can also make noise if it catches sticks or leaves. You'll know you're doing a proper crouch if it hurts your legs and makes your thighs and shoulders burn. Once your body is used to it, the pain will go away." He continued to crouch forward and kept his ears on two separate swivels, like radars detecting even the tiniest of noises.

"You will need to grow accustomed to looking, listening, and smelling all at the same time. And I do mean really looking, listening and smelling. It can mean the difference between you catch something or you are detected and go home with empty jaws. If you manage to get something under your claws, don't hesitate to bite the throat or it will escape." Bloodstrike wanted to challenge this younger tom a bit, but also simultaneously give him the best opportunity that he could. Bloodstrike wasn't catching anything this morning. It was all up to Sunpaw.

"Try it out if you don't have any questions. I will wait here quietly."

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowkit | Skyclan | Kit #9999ff X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: How Far I'll Go [C]   How Far I'll Go [C] EmptySat 25 Feb 2023 - 22:04

Being apprenticed to Bloodstrike had been... far from exciting, for Sunpaw. He'd been hoping to get an experienced warrior in their prime, someone who had maybe seen a battle or two and lived to tell the tale. Not... this. Bloodstrike looked like he'd been chewed up and spit out by a monster. Or... several monsters. And a fox. Maybe two foxes. And he was old, too. Wouldn't be too long until he was in the elders' den, Sunpaw was sure.

Part of Sunpaw felt like he was being tested. Did they just think he didn't need a capable mentor?

When they got to wherever it was that they were going - a creek? - Sunpaw sat and waited. It didn't take long for Bloodstrike to launch into instruction, and when he was done, the apprentice just stared at him for a moment. He hadn't expected for the old tom to be so... what's the term he was looking for? Stern? Matter of fact? No nonsense? Regardless, after a moment of recovery, he nodded. "Yes... I will catch something."

Taking the instruction to heart, Sunpaw slipped forward quietly, making sure the places where he put his paws were free of anything he could step on to make noise. He was a good stalker, always had been, but that was in practice. This wasn't practice, anymore. Flaring his nostrils, he brought in the scent of a squirrel nearby, and glanced at his mentor with a curt nod.

Sunpaw tracked the squirrel until he finally saw it, and then, doing near-exactly what Bloodstrike had shown him, he sank down, belly low, tail straight out. It did burn his legs, but it felt good, and he sat there, pushing the limits of his comfort until he couldn't any longer, and then exploded forward. The squirrel saw him at the last moment, but by then it was too late. It was between his claws and bleeding from the neck before he had even come to a full stop. Rolling his shoulders and very proud of himself, he picked it up and carried it back.

Sunpaw has caught a squirrel.

Last edited by JJ on Sat 25 Feb 2023 - 22:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15179

PostSubject: Re: How Far I'll Go [C]   How Far I'll Go [C] EmptySat 25 Feb 2023 - 22:04

The member 'JJ' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

How Far I'll Go [C] Mistpe10
How Far I'll Go [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowkit
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3070

PostSubject: Re: How Far I'll Go [C]   How Far I'll Go [C] EmptySun 26 Feb 2023 - 20:31

Bloodstrike waited and watched, silently approving of the apprentice's good form. He did pick up the fact that the tom had a sense of self-importance about him too though. Hmmm... He didn't hate the lad, far from it, but he had to wonder how the tom would handle frustration or failure. He looked at the squirrel that he brought back and nodded once in approval.

"Good. You learn fast." It was the most Sunpaw was going to get out of the old cat for now. Bloodstrike spotted a rabbit... and the memory of catching one in front of Wolfcall many moons ago came rushing back to him for a moment. Pain and longing rushed to the forefront of his mind and it made his heart ache. Things were so different back then. So... simple. And Smokefeather... Smokepaw was still alive. He blinked and took a breath... and he forced the memories away. He needed to focus on Sunpaw for now.

"Hunting on the ground is one thing, but we're not Thunderclan cats. We're Skyclan cats, and we are different for a reason. We hunt in the trees too. Since you picked up on hunting on the ground so quick, why don't we give this a try?" He leaned forward and pointed his nose at the rabbit getting water in the distance.

"I want you to climb the lowest branches of this tree by us. I will circle around that rabbit and chase it toward you. If I miss it, I want you to drop down on it and catch it. Lets see how you do." The branches were low enough that if the apprentice missed or fell, it may knock the wind out of him, but he wouldn't be hurt. Bloodstrike didn't give him the option to argue.

The big tom ascended the tree, moved silently across branches and quietly from one tree's branches to the next. The rabbit was none the wiser, now beginning to groom itself at the water's edge. As quietly as any squirrel a fraction of his size, Bloodstrike descended the tree on the other side and angled himself to chase the rabbit in Sunpaw's direction.

The big tom ran forward, attempting to catch it... but not with his whole heart into it. If the rabbit was going to be an easy catch, he didn't want to give Sunpaw an even bigger head by letting him think he caught something challenging.

He liked the young tom, but that ego may need to be bruised a little, lest he be trouble as an adult.

Bloodstrike attempted to catch a Rabbit (kinda). He was UNSUCCESSFUL (with the +2 of the creek being forfeit since Blood is only sort of trying) -5SP

The rabbit wasn't the fastest he'd seen, but it was quick enough. Enough that Sunpaw should have trouble getting it. He chased the rodent in the apprentice's direction... then waited to see what would happen.

Come on boy... show me what you got.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowkit | Skyclan | Kit #9999ff X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***

Last edited by Tara on Sun 26 Feb 2023 - 20:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15179

PostSubject: Re: How Far I'll Go [C]   How Far I'll Go [C] EmptySun 26 Feb 2023 - 20:31

The member 'Tara' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4

How Far I'll Go [C] Mistpe10
How Far I'll Go [C] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Far I'll Go [C]   How Far I'll Go [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

How Far I'll Go [C]
Page 1 of 1