Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

you will always be every one of these [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2483

you will always be every one of these [C] Empty
PostSubject: you will always be every one of these [C]   you will always be every one of these [C] EmptyMon 6 Feb 2023 - 16:48

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

Lone patrols to the river had unintentionally become a habit of Birdstar's. She rarely chose to walk there– in fact, she could not think of a time she'd consciously set out for the border without the instruction of a patrol sending her there –and yet her paws led her to the water's edge nearly every time she left camp by herself. It made sense, in a way: the course of her life had been set there, moons before she would ever have a say in it.

When she was younger, she almost had to be dragged to their border with RiverClan kicking and screaming. She did not want to stand in the same spot her mother did when she'd murdered Cloverheart. Birdstar's gaze narrowed as she drifted along the bank, looking down at her pale reflection atop the ice. That bitter little molly barking up at her, whose life she clung to now... the end of Birdstar's tail flickered thoughtfully. She could not entirely shake her sympathies towards Beechfang, nor would she, but when she lifted her head to look toward the opposite territory she felt proper sympathy– for RiverClan.

She did not resent this place anymore. If anything, she enjoyed the quiet spot. ...Largely because she hoped she would be lucky enough to see Poppyshine across the way. And maybe it was her friendship with their deputy, or the growth dying– and having to live after –put her through, but she felt simply sad for the neighboring Clan. To lose their medicine cat so violently and abruptly, to go through all of this– to lose so many of their Clanmates...

Birdstar sighed, shaking her head slowly. More quiet thoughts buzzed in her mind, but the sound of pawsteps crunching across snow made her ears perk. Shaking herself out, she lifted her chin, slowing her pace to barely more than a crawl as she stared across the border. There was a flicker of hope in her eyes, but otherwise her expression was neutral and curious as she looked to greet whomever was approaching.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: you will always be every one of these [C]   you will always be every one of these [C] EmptySun 19 Feb 2023 - 12:13

As her white paws left deep prints in the snow of the riverbank, Perchstar found her thoughts drawn irrevocably back to the most recent time she had patrolled alone by the river. That had been... quite some time ago, now. Near the beginning of newleaf. With her lives newly received, the shadow gone from overhead, their Clan almost as large as it had ever been, and perhaps one of the only true moments of happiness she'd ever felt had been lingering in her heart. In that state of mind, she'd gone to stroll through the territory alone, as had always been her habit for moments of peaceful solace. She'd fallen out of such customs after the incident, though. Discovering her medicine cat's murdered body floating downstream. Dragging a waterlogged corpse back to camp with vengeance in her heart. Nearly getting attacked by Bloodstar for daring to demand justice for such a horrible crime. For some reason, recalling it no longer brought the blood-boiling anger it once used to. She just felt... empty. Beechfang and Bloodstrike had been gone from the forest, but nothing could bring Cloverheart back. It all seemed pointless. And now with Dovesight dead, and Sandyshell gone... was RiverClan cursed? Or was it just Perchstar's fault that all of her medicine cats had tragedy after tragedy befall them? What was she doing wrong?

Pensively, she found herself staring into the rushing ice-filled waters as she padded quietly beside them. The scent of SkyClan was strong in the back of her throat as she got closer and closer to the water's edge. SkyClan... probably the Clan with the most reason to hate her. She'd had slightly better relations with them after Briarstar had taken charge, but now the strong-willed leader was gone, with a relative unknown in her place. Birdstar. Poppyshine spoke well of the she-cat, but Perchstar had no clue what to make of her. The resemblance she bore to Beechfang sometimes made the RiverClan leader feel slightly on edge when their gazes met. And yet, the way she had handled herself so far was admirable enough to assuage any worries that the relations might be more than skin-deep. But what if they were? What if Birdstar harbored a grudge against RiverClan? Why did that idea make her feel so uneasy? It was none of her concern what other leaders thought of her Clan, as long as they remained on their own side of the border. And yet....

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sight of a ghost on the other side of the bank. Perchstar's head snapped up. Was that-- No. No, it was no ghost, and no murderer either. As if summoned by her circular musings, Birdstar had somehow ended up on her part of the border at the same exact time as Perchstar had arrived there. Alone. What an odd coincidence. The gray and white she-cat recovered quickly from her momentary shock, dipping her head in a gesture of respect. "Greetings. I regret that we were not able to speak at the Gathering. I would have answered your question, but our time ended prematurely." It felt strange to speak across the river like this. The same place where she'd found Cloverheart. The same two rocks that had cradled the medicine cat's drowned corpse and lingered as evidence against the murder. Yet... strangely, Perchstar realized, there was no animosity in her heart toward the tabby whose eyes she met easily. Actions of the past had little to do with relations of the present. Birdstar was going through just the same thing that Perchstar was--the loss of Clanmates, the uncertainty of traps in the territory, the worry of what the next moon would look like. And there had never been a moment of impoliteness between them. The strange twinge of kinship passed, but left its mark on her. "How fares your Clan?"

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: you will always be every one of these [C]   you will always be every one of these [C] EmptyThu 9 Mar 2023 - 6:21

For some reason, Birdstar hadn’t been expecting RiverClan’s leader to be the cat approaching the border. She blinked once, eyes briefly wide with surprise, before her expression returned to neutral contentment. It felt strange, seeing Perchstar here– so soon after she’d been dwelling on the violent death of RiverClan’s medicine cat, the crimes of her own muzzle. She expected to feel ire, hot and heavy in her chest, when she focused on the other leader. Birdstar found herself smiling politely instead.

When she opened her mouth to speak, the short impulse to mention she’d seen Cloverheart in StarClan passed over her. Birdstar stood for a moment, mouth half-parted, before clearing her throat. That’d be a terrible way to begin their conversation; though, maybe it would be something to mention in the future. The medicine cat had… left an impression, if nothing else.

“Hello, Perchstar,” she finally mewed lightly, returning the nod. “It’s alright. As long as you didn’t ask StarClan to send lightning down on Fourtrees to get out of talking to me.” Though the words were dry, the laugh that followed was low and genuine. Her jokes fell flat to most company, but she’d always had humor for herself. Recently, she was learning to take a bit more joy in her own comedy. It kept her sane.

“SkyClan is well. As we can be, at least. We’ve all suffered losses to the twolegs. I’m grateful prey is running well enough to keep us fed, and our dens are mostly full.” Her tail twitched, the briefest display of agitation. They’d been blessed to have some of their stolen warriors return in the midst of this turmoil. More had been taken on top of them though, yet to return. And with her sister, the Clan’s medicine cat being among them– Birdstar sighed to herself. And while they had had their loss… the large molly tipped her head downward, watching her reflection ripple against the small waves. Lowering her voice like there were others around listening to their conversation, she mewed, “I’ve heard RiverClan’s been particularly affected. I don’t– mean any offense, in mentioning that. Whatever the medicine cats saw… I hope when we return to Fourtrees, your missing Clanmates are there. If they aren’t, I hope they each find their own ways home.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

PostSubject: Re: you will always be every one of these [C]   you will always be every one of these [C] EmptySun 19 Mar 2023 - 18:16

Normally, Perchstar would rarely react to such humor. However, Birdstar's joke--though it wasn't a very good one--made her snort quietly. It vaguely reminded her of when she'd visited SkyClan camp, and Beechfang had complained that the stars targeting her with lightning had been Cloverheart's fault. Perhaps Birdstar was referencing the same story, and meant to blame another RiverClanner for StarClan's ending of misaligned Gatherings. It was funny. A few moons ago, perhaps it would have caused a bitter taste in the back of her mouth... but not right now. There was no ill will between her and the broad-shouldered she-cat.

An ear twitched when the other leader mentioned RiverClan's plight. Though she had done her best to keep the Clan looking strong, it appeared that any neighbors across the border were bound to notice when there were fewer and fewer warriors on patrols. Perchstar let out a silent sigh. "Unfortunately, yes. I suppose it may be our proximity to Twolegplace that has made these past moons so much the worse for us. Though of course, the lack of warriors means more food for the rest of us." What? Had she just said that out loud? It wasn't even a joke. It was just fish-brained. Somewhat stunned at herself, the leader blinked hard and decided to ignore her own oddness. Maybe the stress was just getting to her. "The medicine cats... I assume that your own received the vision as well? If not, then I can share the message with you now. I believe it was intended for all of the Clans. And while Poppyshine and I haven't been able to really make heads nor tails of it, I believe that it does bode well for news of both of our missing Clanmates."

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: you will always be every one of these [C]   you will always be every one of these [C] EmptyThu 6 Apr 2023 - 12:25

Birdstar laughed at the RiverClanner’s joke. She couldn’t quite help it; even though it was as poor as her own, and Perchstar looked shocked with herself, it was funny. Somber, yes, but it made the struggles seem lighter. “I suppose that’s true,” she agreed with a continuing chuckle. “Still, I hope their return is soon, extra mouths and all.”

Eased into the other leader’s presence, Birdstar let herself sit down, tail swaying idly back and forth as she settled onto her haunches. She hummed thoughtfully, head tilting. It was, perhaps, unwise to tell another Clan you had no medicine cat to deliver the prophecy. But… Birdstar blinked slowly. “Unfortunately, no. If she has, I wouldn’t know. Plumleaf was among our stolen cats.” She started slowly. It hurt, to think of her missing sister, but she stifled the pang quickly. “Mottlestar told me in brief at the Gathering, and I’ve tried to talk with Wolfblossom about it, but I’d be happy if you’d tell me more here. We do have more time to talk, now. We aren’t sure what to make of it either… I’m dreading the thought of more twolegs in Fourtrees.” A shudder passed, briefly causing her fur to bristle. She’d had more than enough of them on Clan grounds. “But if it means finding our Clanmates… I’ll stomach it, whatever it is. Shame StarClan couldn’t be clearer.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: you will always be every one of these [C]   you will always be every one of these [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

you will always be every one of these [C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: The River-
Jump to: