Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Catching Up [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7376

Catching Up [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] EmptyMon 6 Feb 2023 - 11:44

Creamsky let out a mrrph as he stretched out at the entrance of the camp - waiting for his apprentice. Of course the stars had aligned for him to fall sick the moment he had not only received his warrior name but an apprentice at that. ...Granted he had been a rather poor mentor, something that caused him to wince. He had tried to do what he could to stay up to task with his duties but his sickness, while minor in theory... Well, he very much learned why the medicine cats tend to push for one to rest when sick - he only ended up making things worst. A heavy sigh escaped him as he  bowed his head, feeling ashamed - he had been so distracted in living up to his duties as a warrior that he had barely had any time for Juniperpaw even when he was feeling up to things. But no more! He had been forced to rest and was properly recovered - he could still redeem himself with his first apprentice...

His gaze flickered towards the apprentice's den, tail swishing in anxiety. He had told her to meet him for training - finally - but he knew the first thing he had to do was apologize for being... A lackluster mentor.

He could only hope that she would accept it.

Catching Up [Closed] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] EmptyWed 8 Feb 2023 - 8:08

↞ JUNIPERPAW ↠

Juniperpaw’s spirits were soaring! Finally, finally Creamsky approached her to tell her they would train that next morning— Juniperpaw hated to admit it, but today was a day that she thought wouldn’t come.

She had no bad blood against Creamsky; in all honesty, she felt bad herself. She had no idea he had been sick! She assumed that he was busy, too caught up in everything to make time for her. Somehow it slipped from her knowledge that he was wasting away in the medicine den! It wasn’t his fault after all, he wasn’t upset with Juniperpaw or didn’t like her! She should have never assumed.

With a little more pep in her step than normal she padded out of the apprentice den and towards the camp entrance. She still held on to some lingering anxiety, half-convinced Creamsky had set her up, yet there he stood, upright and healthy and looking positively miserable.

”Hi Creamsky!” Juniperpaw announced loudly, bounding over to his side. ”I'm so sorry!! I didn’t know you were sick, Creamsky! I thought— well, I thought that you were too busy, so I told some of my friends, and— I hope I didn’t hurt your reputation! You’re a great warrior, Creamsky! Thank you for training me!”

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] EmptyWed 15 Feb 2023 - 14:06

Creamsky turned at the sound of pawsteps - an apology of his own forming in his throat but was taken aback as Juniperpaw was the first to speak - offering an apology. He blinked a few times, trying to make sense of it. That...Wasn't what he had been expecting at all -  he had assumed she... A soft amused purr escaped him as he titled his head with a smile.

"Well then - all I can do is offer apologizes of my own. It was my own shortsightedness that led me not to inform you - I had assumed I could handle both my duties and training you despite my sickness but when I only turned out to have the energy for one... You earned the short edge of it, and for that I apologize. Do not worry for my reputation - if any damage was done, then I deserved it and by refocusing my efforts on training you, it should be enough to fix it," he finished with a shrug of his shoulders - his reputation within the Clan was not a huge worry for him. For those who cared for him, they would know that his neglecting of Juniperpaw's training was not his intent.

"So, apology accepted - and I can only hope that you accept mine in return. Now," he meowed, turning to lead her from the camp entrance - motioning for her to follow with his tail. "Come along - we have much to go over if we want to make amends for the time you have lost in your training due to my sickness."

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] EmptyTue 21 Feb 2023 - 12:35

↞ JUNIPERPAW ↠

Juniperpaw opened her mouth to say something more, but quickly decided on instead giving Creamsky a curt nod. She couldn’t really think of anything else to add that wasn’t more profuse apologizing. Uncharacteristically quiet, Juniperpaw dutifully followed Creamsky out of the camp and into the thick forest of SkyClan’s territory. Up until this point in her training, Juniperpaw had learned through observation and trial and error; she thought herself at least competent enough to be on par with the other apprentices, but all she could focus on as they trudged through the underbrush is how much the molly could improve under a mentor. If she could make by without one… how knowledgeable and advanced could she get with one?

”Creamsky?” Juniperpaw cut through the silence, little brown and cream head tilted towards the young warrior. ”What are we going to train on today?”

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] EmptyTue 21 Feb 2023 - 14:38

Creamsky didn't mind the silence as they trotted into the territory, keeping his ears perk for any Twolegs that might show up - it was always good to be on guard, mostly with cats still going missing... But as his apprentice finally broke the silence, he turned to look at her. "Well, I don't think we are going to do any major training today," he admitted with a sheepish shrug of his shoulders. "You've been active even without me - patrols, figuring out things yourself...Which is fine! Great even, but now I just need to see where you are at and then I can work out what training you need to focus on there. So, how about we start with hunting?" he meowed, swishing his tail behind him. "Show me your best hunting crouch and see if you can catch something - from there, I can see if that is what we need to focus on right away or if we should focus on climbing or battle or...Whatever else."

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] EmptyTue 28 Feb 2023 - 9:04

↞ JUNIPERPAW ↠

Juniperpaw, instead of responding with words, immediately leapt into her best hunting crouch. It wasn’t a proper one, she didn’t think— no cat had yet to show her exactly what was done, so she had just been copying what she saw from her clanmates. Her furry belly almost kissed the ground, haunches raised and shaking, both with nervousness and anticipation. She hated the feeling of eyes on her, studying her every move; all she could think of was whenever or not she had gotten the pose down right, or if her paws were out of place, or if she shouldn’t be twitching her tail as much as she was.

No matter. Creamsky wasn’t making any noise, and while it didn’t do anything to calm her anxieties is was enough to assume she wasn’t doing anything terribly wrong. Her ears had been trained for her mentor's voice instead of the rustling of prey, and a quick focus switch to the surrounding forest and brush proved immediately successful. The silence had attracted what seemed like tonnes of prey, creeping around in the brush and chittering in the trees. No scents stood out to her, however— at least, not until a young sparrow fluttered down to the base of a nearby pine, little beak absentmindedly picking at the underbrush for seeds. Juniperpaw nearly jumped straight out of her pelt at the surprise, crouch stumbling a little before she regained her composure. It was enough of a disturbance to send the bird flying, but by then Juniperpaw had already leaped the distance, face set in concentration. This was the ultimate first impression. She had to impress Creamsky.

She caught it! ”Look! Juniperpaw squealed over to her mentor, fuzzy head popping out from under the bushes. Her words were muffled by the sparrow clenched tight in her jaws. ”I did it!”

Last edited by Zeroh on Tue 28 Feb 2023 - 9:07; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] EmptyTue 28 Feb 2023 - 9:04

The member 'Zeroh' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Catching Up [Closed] Mistpe10
Catching Up [Closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] EmptyTue 28 Feb 2023 - 11:20

Creamsky sat in silence as he judged Juniperpaw's form. By first glances, it seemed perfect - her twitching tail could pose a problem if it brushed against something and made nose...She did of course fall out of her stance quickly as a sparrow landed nearby, but as she quietly regained her focus, stalked forward and leapt... He couldn't help but purr with pride as her head popped out of the bush with the sparrow held firmly in her jaws. "Indeed you did! That was an excellent hunting crouch," he said, pushing himself to his paws as he approached. "A few tiny things could use work - you should keep your tail still, for example. Having it twitching can have it brush a fallen leaf when those dapple the ground which can alert prey even if its the smallest sound but past that..." he paused, titling his head before he gave a small shake with a smile.

"It was perfect - a job well done, Juniperpaw. Now-" he opened his mouth to speak, before his gaze glanced upwards. There was a squirrel scampering across the branches above them -  no doubt thinking it was safe from the cats far below. "...Have you ever watched a cat hunt in the trees?" he murmured, giving her a smile. "Lets see if I can do as well as you." He turned and padded a few trees away before he jumped onto the trunk, pulling himself up before moving onto the lowest branch. From there, he quietly started to jump from branch to branch to scale to where the squirrel had been - spotting it resting against the trunk - seeming deciding if it wanted to head up or down as its gaze was locked firmly on the bark of the tree and not him. He dropped into a crouch, slowly stalking his way across the branch - his paws careful but quiet not to try to bend the branch beneath his weight... And once he was close enough, he leapt forward with outstretched claws.

The squirrel nearly escaped - darting up the tree as it spotted him but his claws sank into its tail and he yanked it down onto the branch, closing his jaws around its throat to cleanly kill it. A huff of satisfaction escaped him as he picked it up and started to carefully pick his way down from branch to branch until he was low enough to safely land on the forest floor below. "Hunting in trees can be a tricky thing," he stated as he dropped the squirrel, glancing over at his apprentice. "You have to be mindful of your paws as you approach - to know which branches can safely hold your weight and avoid the ones that will sway with a single pawstep. Then there is knowing how to properly land on the small target of a branch while still catching a bird..." He spared a glance up at the branches, a content smirk on his face. "But such things is our strength - our paws are made for climbing trees, our legs for leaping from branch to branch. The other Clans can think us as no better than squirrels for it...But it means more hunting opportunities for us."

Creamsky attempted to catch a squirrel, costing 5 stamina and succeeded.

*Disadvantage Stats

Last edited by Honey Badger on Tue 28 Feb 2023 - 11:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] EmptyTue 28 Feb 2023 - 11:20

The member 'Honey Badger' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 6

Catching Up [Closed] Mistpe10
Catching Up [Closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] EmptyFri 3 Mar 2023 - 14:32

↞ JUNIPERPAW ↠

Juniperpaw shivered as she looked up alongside Creamsky, the spindly branches of trees more daunting than she ever remembered them being. SkyClan was known for their skills up in the air, gliding like squirrels through the thick leaves and twisty branches, but Juniperpaw hadn’t dared climb a tree since that limb patrol.

Juniperpaw wasn’t afraid of trees, or heights, or anything of that sort. That would be humiliating, especially as a SkyClanner! She was just… inexperienced. Apprehensive, maybe; Juniperpaw’s stomach dropped to her paws, and her body chilled like she was still hanging on to that branch and slowly losing her grip.

She averted her eyes from the trees and focused them back onto her mentor. If anyone could help her, it would be Creamsky. ”Could you… help me learn how to do that? The jumping, I mean, from tree to tree? It just… doesn’t come as naturally to me as it does to others, I guess.” Juniperpaw’s lack of any actual SkyClan blood was left unsaid— she would rather jump into another limb patrol right this second than ever admit her rogue blood to Creamsky, at least not this early. It could affect how he saw her, or trained her…

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] EmptyFri 3 Mar 2023 - 15:04

He blinked in surprise as the apprentice gently asked about learning how to climb and jump through trees, giving her a thoughtful look. "Well...I was going to move onto battle training but if that is what you want to focus on, so be it," he meowed with a gentle purr, giving her a nod as he turned to look up at the branches that stretched out above. How to even start explaining it...

"Hm... Well, honestly the best place to start I would say is finding a rock outcropping like at the Great Ridge. While your goal might be to jump from branch to branch as easy as a squirrel, it isn't where you start. We can head there the next free day we have - the formations are pretty low to the ground but will serve as a good place to work on your leaping and landing - learning how to judge distances and how much force you need to clear those gaps," he mused. While he knew Juniperpaw was likely interested in learning how to do so now, he didn't want her actually trying from the branches if it wasn't natural from her. But...Yeah, the Great Ridge would be a good spot likely. Wouldn't be high-risk even if you fumbled a jump and learning how to consider the branches bending under your weight on takeoff and landing would be better suited for a latter lesson.

He glanced down at her, a sheepish look on his face. "I can try to think of how we could tackle it at the moment if you want, but I think another training session just focusing on that itself would be better suited for us. And there is no shame in it - nobody is born knowing how to climb trees... Thought I admit, Blackbear did end up teaching me when I was just a kit instead of waiting for my mentor to do so," he said with a small laugh, shaking his head. "So, should we move onto battle training or should I think a little harder about how to best teach how to move from tree to tree?"

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] EmptyMon 6 Mar 2023 - 6:31

↞ JUNIPERPAW ↠

Juniperpaw thought silently for a moment, glancing between Creamsky and the treeline. She wondered if that was why she just wasn’t as competent in the trees as her clanmates were— should she have been training instead of lounging around as a kit? Wolfblossom and Birdstar flashed in her mind; it wasn’t their fault, of course, they were both very busy she-cats, yet… even now, this far into her apprenticeship, certain things that seemed to come so naturally to others fell so short with Juniperpaw. Maybe it was that kit training Creamsky got from his mother, maybe it was just in their blood… whatever it was, Juniperpaw didn’t have it. Or didn’t get it.

Sometimes, she didn’t feel like she was actually a SkyClan cat at all. Just some imposter, pretending to be something she isn’t.

”Whatever is easier for you!” the molly replied after a moment, turning back to her mentor with a forced smile. Creamsky didn’t need to know any of these worries; if Juniperpaw could have it her way, every cat in the forest would think of her as a carefree, pure SkyClan blood cat. ”You’re the mentor here, Creamsky! I’m supposed to be listening to you. She knew Creamsky still thought of himself as a fellow apprentice sometimes, and while she found it charming it would do some good to remind him of his new rank.

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] EmptyMon 6 Mar 2023 - 11:09

Creamsky gave Juniperpaw a soft smile as she spoke, giving her a nod before he paused to dwell on it. It didn't take him long to come up with his answer. "We will continue to focus on the basics for now - so combat training it is. I would rather have time to scout out a safe place for us to practice jumping and climbing - plus perhaps I can recruit Lightningpaw to aid us... She enjoys moving swiftly within the branches while I tend to only use it for hunting unless I am trying to keep up with her," he mused, thought he had an amused tone to his voice as he thought about his friend. He gave a shake of his head, turning to look at Juniperpaw.

"So - fighting. While we have peace between the Clans at the moment, knowing to fight is still a valued skill in case a predator is found on our territory. There is a difference between fighting them - a predator is going to focus on only throwing around their weight, focusing on whatever cat is the biggest thorn in their side. Another cat however is going to fight more intelligently - there are those who might focus on their overwhelming power but they will also look to catch you off guard, find weak points and perhaps even use the landscape to find an advantage. So," he straightened up, swishing his tail towards Juniperpaw as he fell into a battle stance, giving her a grin. "I think the best way to learn is through a spar. Throw everything you have at me. Take your time preparing - your opening. Your first strike will be the start of the spar."

Creamsky*:
30/30 HP
75/80 SP

*Creamsky was T1 when this topic was created so those are the stats he gets for this

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] EmptyMon 27 Mar 2023 - 14:10

↞ JUNIPERPAW ↠

”Okay!” Juniperpaw mewed, trying to sound a lot more confident than she felt. She had sparred before, sure, but only with other apprentices. She knew what to do, of course, but her paws felt a little more weighted than usual as she crouched down into her sparring position. Creamsky was a warrior, not an apprentice, and while he wasn’t much bigger than her it felt like he towered over Juniperpaw.

But there really wasn’t any reason to be afraid, was there? It was just Creamsky. Outside of being mentor and apprentice, they were friends, weren’t they? All Juniperpaw had to do was just think of it as two friends having a simple spar. No reason to be nervous…

But she was nervous, and it showed— she raised her paw to strike at Creamsky’s face but faltered halfway there, and it took a solid few seconds for the blow to finish its descent. Her claws were sheathed, so instead of any scratching or clawing all Juniperpaw managed to do was lightly bap Creamsky over the head with the soft part of her pawpad.

Oh, this is humiliating.

Juniperpaw uses Front Paw Blow, dealing 4 points in damage and costing 5 points in stamina. She already has five stamina taken away from one successful hunt.

Juniperpaw: 20 HP/ 50 SP (-10)

Creamsky: 26 HP (-4)/ 75 SP

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] EmptyMon 27 Mar 2023 - 15:52

Creamsky blinked as Juniperpaw swiped at him - and it wasn't a very strong blow. His expression however turned into sympathy, straightening up a little. "There is no need to hesitate, Juniperpaw," he meowed calmly, giving her a soft smile. He couldn't be sure what was making her so nervous - had she never done a spar before? Was she worried of disappointing him? Terrified that he wouldn't go easy on her? He couldn't say for sure - and he could ask, but there was the chance she would lie in an attempt to save face.

"I know this was a bit sudden - I'll go easy on you and we can take this slow. Trade blows back and forth," he meowed, stepping forward to gently cuff Juniperpaw on the ear with his paw before he stepped back. "See? Now, take a moment to breathe and try again when you are feeling more comfortable - or if you aren't feeling up for it, we can try again with a spar later."

Creamsky used Front Paw Blow on Juniperpaw, dealing 5 damage and costing 5 stamina.

Creamsky:

26/30 HP
70/80 SP (-5)

Juniperpaw:
15/20 HP (-5)
50/60 SP

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catching Up [Closed]   Catching Up [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Catching Up [Closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Territory-
Jump to: