Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

the hand that feeds [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2501

the hand that feeds [C] Empty
PostSubject: the hand that feeds [C]   the hand that feeds [C] EmptySat 4 Feb 2023 - 0:07

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

The journey away from crumbling twolegplace was not long, but the silence made it stretch longer than Birdstar liked. She wished she were the type for idle chatter so she could have something else to fill her mind than her own thoughts, but the quiet persisted. As they walked, the sound of heavy pawsteps crunching over snow following them, Birdstar couldn't help but to occasionally peer at Bloodstrike. She couldn't bring herself to feel any ill will towards him– not properly, and especially not after his genuine request –but the longer they walked, the longer she looked at him, all she could think about was what it must have looked like when Perchstar was in camp. The yowling, the tang of blood in the air, the shock and horror and rage. For the second time that day, she was grateful she had not been there to experience it herself. A shiver ran down her spine, but with a more deliberate shake she could excuse it as the cold.

Bloodstrike seemed humble in approaching her. Birdstar only hoped that civility remained.

As they neared camp, she flicked her tail absently towards the slowly-growing ring of sticks surrounding them. He was the last cat the thought needed instructing on how to enter SkyClan, but it was polite to at least acknowledge it. Ducking along through the entrance and padding into camp proper, Birdstar waved down a nearby warrior and sent him off to get Wolfblossom. There was no point in shouting for her sister– the sun had nearly set, and she didn't need to rouse the whole Clan for a conversation they weren't involved in. With one last look at Bloodstrike and tumbling thoughts, Birdstar moved her attention to watch the warrior go and stood quietly to wait.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3038

PostSubject: Re: the hand that feeds [C]   the hand that feeds [C] EmptySat 4 Feb 2023 - 1:32

Bloodstrike followed after Birdstar into the camp. The silence wasn't necessarily unwelcome, but he could feel the tension in the air too which made it awkward. They neared camp and Bloodstrike smirked ever so slightly at the sight of the sticks and leaves in place. So someone had agreed that this was a good idea. It made him feel good, a warm and fuzzy feeling with a small dollop of pride as well. He stepped his way around it carefully and his eyes landed on a warrior nearby. Birdstar told him to find Wolfblossom and Bloodstrike watched the warrior bound away. Carefully, he sat down and waited for his granddaughter to appear.

He looked around, taking in the familiar sights, sounds and smells. Many warriors and apprentices were on their way to their dens for the night. What pleased Bloodstrike most was the fact that a certain red-furred grandson of his was nowhere to be found. Things were awkward enough without having that traitor's son around, one that had caused him problems before.

Bloodstrike couldn't scent the filthy rogue-born either, so he visibly began to relax. Maybe his transition would be easier than he thought.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5698

PostSubject: Re: the hand that feeds [C]   the hand that feeds [C] EmptySat 4 Feb 2023 - 12:10

Wolfblossom had been in quiet conversation with one of Skyclan's warriors, glad to have a moment to relax now that most of the day's duties were done with. So naturally, of course, a warrior bounded over, bright-eyed and asking her to find Birdstar who had just returned to camp - with a visitor, apparently.

She ignored the pang of disappointment she felt at being pulled from her current conversation, offering the warrior a small smile before she turned away. With a polite nod to Birdstar's messenger, the deputy padded toward the camp entrance. Birdstar and Bloodstrike... Thinking back on their encounter at the Shadowclan border, perhaps it wasn't all that surprising to see her grandfather standing in camp. She wondered if there was news of Beechfang, or if something else had happened. Neither her sister nor grandfather seemed to be injured, so there hadn't been a fight. Against predators or rogues, and he wasn't trying to take back his former title as Skyclan's leader. Not that she thought he would, but Wolfblossom had, if nothing else, had learned to assess situations and the risks involved in them. Or perhaps the sense of weariness that Wolfblossom had noticed on their last encounter had won out at last.

"Birdstar, Bloodstrike." Wolfblossom acknowledged the pair. "What's happened?" Bloodstrike's presence wasn't going to go unnoticed for too long, she expected, even with most of the clan winding down for the evening. Her mind turned briefly to Moonlily and her issues since Bloodstrike and Beechfang had left Skyclan. She didn't seem to be in the clearing, and while that habit was something that needed to be dealt with (and was seemingly getting a little better as of late), perhaps it was for the best right now.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2501

PostSubject: Re: the hand that feeds [C]   the hand that feeds [C] EmptySun 5 Feb 2023 - 2:29

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdstar

It wasn't long that they had to wait, Wolfblossom padding across camp to greet them shortly. Birdstar dipped her head in greeting, fighting the urge to move and stand at her sister's side. Instead, she straightened her shoulders and whisked her tail towards Bloodstrike. "Nothing bad for once, thankfully," she started easily. The whole forest had had enough of bad news for leaf-bare, they didn't need more of it. She was especially grateful Beechfang hadn't been the reason for Bloodstrike's appearance. She would just have to take no news for good news.

Clearing her throat, she went on, "Bloodstrike asked me to rejoin SkyClan. I'll let him speak for himself if he wants to, but in short: I can't deny him a warrior's rest. We all know he's not young." A humorless laugh left her. Birdstar hoped she wasn't pushing his nerves with the teasing. "Even if his exile was... self-imposed, and deserved, I can't let a cat with SkyClan in his heart– our family, at that –disappear to the rubble of twolegplace. I've already given him my approval."

Her attention left Wolfblossom, resting on Bloodstrike- this time with intention, not furtive glances. Though she spoke like she was still addressing her sister, the words were meant for him. "We both know what happened surrounding his exile. To keep us safe and prevent more unrest, there'll be restrictions to his warriorhood. He won't attend Gatherings with us, and he'll be kept far from the river." Her gaze remained leveled on the scarred tom for a moment before returning to her deputy. Voice softer, "I don't expect to be met with cheers and celebration. But I do expect Bloodstrike to defend and provide for his home until his last breath without further incident, and that's good to me."

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3038

PostSubject: Re: the hand that feeds [C]   the hand that feeds [C] EmptyMon 6 Feb 2023 - 5:23

Bloodstrike watched Wolfblossom approach with an unreadable expression. He did at least offer her a slight nod. It was nice to see her... it was nice to be back home. His tattered ear flicked in the direction of Birdstar and a weak attempt at a glare followed upon her jest at his age. She was right though. He was no new-leaf chicken anymore. He listened to his restrictions, not surprised at all that he'd be kept away from the river. What? Did she think he was going to cross the border and make her regret her decisions? Not without good reason, at least.

"I accept these restrictions and I will follow orders. I may be old, but those who underestimate me do so to their own detriment." It was not a shot at Birdstar at all, but more a reassurance that he was still able to help out around here and would certainly fight as fiercely as a warrior half his age if needed. Aside from that, he said nothing. His plan to eventually try to smooth things over with Perchstar was still in his head, but he would be willing to lie low for now.

"So, deputy, I will tell you of my skills so that you can decide where best to place me. I am a skilled and fast climber. Even with my nub of a tail, I can still balance on branches just fine. I can hunt and fight well, despite my old age and..." His voice faltered just a bit, irritation striking his expression as it did. "...and my waning strength. My experience seems to be able to make up for my short-comings for now." For how much longer, he didn't know. He didn't want to think about it.

"I also understand that some members of Skyclan may not be so... welcoming given the circumstances of my departure. I understand that, I accept it. I'd like for those who don't trust me and don't want me here to be able to speak as freely as they wish. I will not engage in any inner-clan violence, no matter how they may goad me, I swear it. I think it would be good for them to at least feel heard, and whatever they say I doubt it is something I haven't heard before."

Was this how Beechfang felt? Is this why she accepted her exile so easily? If that was the case, then Bloodstrike felt like a fool. Now that he had stepped away from Skyclan for awhile and had been removed as leader, things seemed much clearer. He was right about himself... he hadn't been suitable for leadership beyond the invasion and defeat of the Dark Forest. At least that was something he had done right, to step down rather than stubbornly cling to it like his grandfather had for far too long.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw, [H]oneykit // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer, Graywind
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice [H] SkC/Unborn Kit
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5698

PostSubject: Re: the hand that feeds [C]   the hand that feeds [C] EmptyMon 6 Feb 2023 - 10:57

Wolfblossom wasn't surprised as Birdstar spoke.

"You've made your mistakes," So had Beechfang, "but you're not the one I expect to cause trouble. The other clans can do nothing about what they don't know and which is kept to our own territory." Wolfblossom agreed with the restrictions that Birdstar mentioned. They made sense. "Personally I think Riverclan's opinions are worth as much as dirt. Maybe that's an insult to dirt." Her claws flexed into the dirt beneath. "I would've liked to have said goodbye rather than coming back to camp and finding my mother gone. But tensions were high enough. I get it." As deputy, her priority was Skyclan's safety, not her own anger at the ones who had helped tear her family apart. Wolfblossom sighed. "Maybe that can change in the future. Unlikely, but I've been surprised before. I don't know. For now, we work with what we can. It's not every day we can have a former leader return to us and be counted among our ranks. For as long as you are able, you will have a place in Skyclan as a warrior." He was already thinking about how he could contribute, which Wolfblossom hadn't expected. She would find a fit for him among Skyclan's patrols. His physical limitations, she expected, would not be the difficult part. At least not for now.

"You'll be in mixed company. I think Ravenclaw at least will be glad to see you returned, and many more are young enough to not remember you or our mother leaving but will have heard the stories. You are right, however." Wolfblossom sighed, didn't that make her feel old... She'd been an apprentice then, and Birdstar too. How quickly things had changed. "There are several who do remember your exile, who were here in camp when that happened. They will be given a chance to speak and air their grievances, and I will plan patrols around any issues, if the need arises. I don't expect their views to change over night, but I will not tolerate infighting or violence among my clanmates. Our warriors are adults and I expect them to act as such." She glanced at Birdstar, whiskers twitching briefly. She would remember how Wolfblossom had handled her and Stormwatcher. And Blackbear, if she returned to the clan after her search for Crookedpaw.

"Your daughter Moonlily..." Wolfblossom sighed, Bloodstrike deserved a warning rather than being caught off guard, though she suspected he was used to family being difficult at this point. "She will come to terms with it eventually... I hope. I expect she'll do her best to become a ghost rather than fight. It will be up to her if she wishes to know you. I expect I'll be going to talk to her once we're done here." Warn her, rather.

"Welcome home, grandfather."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer, Graywind
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the hand that feeds [C]   the hand that feeds [C] Empty

Back to top Go down

the hand that feeds [C]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp-
Jump to: