Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

breezing through life [o]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

breezing through life [o] Empty
PostSubject: breezing through life [o]   breezing through life [o] EmptyFri 27 Jan 2023 - 21:08

Though she sometimes felt like she was drifting along more than anything, Lightningpaw couldn't say she minded. She liked taking things at her own pace: sure, Creamsky had charged ahead into warriorhood a while ago now, but she didn't feel any burning need to chase after him. She wasn't sure why- it wasn't like she had ever been known for her patience- but it felt right to let things stay as they were.

It probably helped that she didn't hate doing the things she was expected to, and that Stoatclaw had (intentionally or not) given her more freedom than most apprentices seemed to receive; she'd been motivated to train on her own and had the chance to practice her skills at her own pace. She was sure that soon it would feel stifling, and she would need to race toward the future at full speed once again, but for now...

This, running in circles in a patch of icy sunshine in SkyClan's camp, suited her just fine.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Characters : Sparkpaw, Darkpaw, Emberpaw
Virgo Rat
Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: breezing through life [o]   breezing through life [o] EmptySat 4 Feb 2023 - 10:30

Emberpaw ☆ SkyClan

Emberpaw trotted out of the apprentice's den, head held high and tail twitching happily. She'd only been a SkyClan apprentice for a few sunrises now, but she felt like she was already adjusting well to her new den and her new duties. She adored her new mentor, Marigoldmask, and loved how much freedom she felt now that she was officially out of the nursery. Now I just need to make some friends...

As if StarClan themselves had answered her wish, Emberpaw spotted a cream and white apprentice towards the edge of the clearing, bathed in the warm glow of Leafbare sunshine. She was...what was she doing?

Emberpaw padded over to the she-cat, who was zooming around in circles so fast it was a wonder she hadn't slipped and gotten a mouthful of snow. "It's...Lightningpaw, right?" Emberpaw asked, remembering her new denmate's name. "What are you doing?"

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: breezing through life [o]   breezing through life [o] EmptySun 12 Feb 2023 - 6:23

"Hey, Emberpaw!" Lightningpaw greeted, cheerful as ever. Emberpaw was one of the younger cats in SkyClan, and every new addition to the apprentice's den was a welcome one- not just because it meant that Lightningpaw, as one of the older apprentices, had less work to do on the average day; but also because every new denmate was a potential friend. "Yep, that's me- Lightning!"

She bounced on her paws, pausing in place for just a moment as the younger apprentice asked what she was doing. "Running! Don't you ever get the itch to just run for a bit? It's fun, it's not terrible training, and it gives me somethin' to do when everyone's busy!"

The older apprentice carefully considered Emberpaw, curiosity in her icy blue eyes as she immediately launched into an interrogation. "What about you, Emberpaw? Are you settling in okay? Your mentor's not too hard on you, is she? And is everyone else bein' nice so far?"

It wasn't that she expected any cat to be mean. But Lightningpaw still felt it was important to show concern for her clanmates' well-being, just in general.

Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: breezing through life [o]   breezing through life [o] EmptyMon 13 Feb 2023 - 9:54

Emberpaw ☆ SkyClan

Emberpaw sat down beside Lightningpaw. She'd thought that she had a lot of energy, but that was nothing compared to this apprentice. "Maybe we could race through the forest sometime!" Emberpaw suggested, bringing a paw over one ear.

Emberpaw purred at Lightningpaw's questions. She's so kind to ask! Emberpaw thought. "I'm doing great! I love being a SkyClan apprentice. Marigoldmask is so nice, and I'm just excited to keep training," she added. "What about you? Who's your mentor?"

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: breezing through life [o]   breezing through life [o] EmptySat 25 Feb 2023 - 22:52

"My mentor's Stoatclaw! He's pretty cool," Lightningpaw answered Emberpaw's question with her usual enthusiasm. "And I'm doing great! I've been training for a while- so I'd like to think I'm pretty good by now, y'know? Not that I don't have a lot left to learn, but I spend a lot of my time refining techniques n' stuff now."

She grinned, eyes sparkling in the light. "I'd love to race you sometime! Well, I mostly end up running through the trees, but y'know- sorta feels like flying, once you get fast enough. Or at least what I imagine flying must feel like."

Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: breezing through life [o]   breezing through life [o] EmptyThu 2 Mar 2023 - 9:29

Emberpaw ☆ SkyClan

Emberpaw smiled at the idea of racing through the woods with Lightningpaw. How good it would feel to run again. And how good it already felt to be chatting aimlessly with this apprentice, who she already felt like she could grow to be friends with.

Emberpaw tried not to let her thoughts get too ahead of her. Not to get all my eggs in one nest, as she'd heard some of the older SkyClan cats say, except why wouldn't you want a nest full of eggs? Why shouldn't Emberpaw want a den full of friends?

"We should climb up the trees, too," Emberpaw suggested. "Then we'd really feel like we're flying," she added with a wink.

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: breezing through life [o]   breezing through life [o] EmptySat 4 Mar 2023 - 14:33

"That sounds awesome! It's brilliant, I don't know why I didn't consider it sooner!" Lightningpaw bounced on her paws, observing Emberpaw with renewed respect. This apprentice wasn't just a new friend and denmate, she was also a source of great ideas. "We can't go now, but we should definitely do that. Anyway! What sort of stuff have you been learning lately?"

Back to top Go down
kizzy

kizzy

Virgo Rat

PostSubject: Re: breezing through life [o]   breezing through life [o] EmptyWed 15 Mar 2023 - 17:57

Emberpaw ☆ SkyClan

Emberpaw beamed at Lightningpaw's praise. She thinks I'm brilliant! And oh, all the things she'd been learning lately in her apprenticeship. "Climbing trees is definitely my favorite!" Emberpaw said. "I guess I've been thinking about it a lot lately. What about you, what have you been learning?"

#ff9966#6666cc #cc99cc
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: breezing through life [o]   breezing through life [o] EmptyWed 22 Mar 2023 - 19:51

"Oh, this and that, y'know? At this point I'm mostly practicing and working on my weak spots, since I've got the basics pretty much down." Lightningpaw spoke with confidence, waving a paw dismissively. "It's nothing super interesting, though. No fancy advanced techniques or anything! Really, I've mostly been working on my hunting crouch... I usually just chase it 'til I catch it, or it gets out of sight. It's fun, but I guess it's not as efficient?"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: breezing through life [o]   breezing through life [o] Empty

Back to top Go down

breezing through life [o]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp-