Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Spaces Between [open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

Spaces Between [open] Empty
PostSubject: Spaces Between [open]   Spaces Between [open] EmptySun 1 Jan 2023 - 22:32

The days had been blurring together. For better or for worse, Smallbean couldn't tell. Every moment of his spare time was dedicated to calming his mind, and as much as he hated the fact that it was necessary, he had to admit that was working. Apprehension he felt toward leaving camp had lowered, especially since the return of some of the captured cats. Stars, he couldn't be more relieved. Still, his mind wouldn't allow his paranoia to rest completely - every time he left camp, all he could think about was locating and avoiding twoleg traps.

In a shaded corner of Windclan's makeshift camp he sat, paws tucked beneath him. The barrier sheltering him above had no purpose; the sun was concealed behind thick white clouds, but it provided a sort of comfort, like he was being protected. The camp was slow; most cats were probably out patrolling right now. He should be out patrolling right now. No matter how hard he tried, though, he couldn't get his paws to move. They wanted nothing more than to relax, and he supposed that he could... But only for a short while. Perhaps while in camp he'd find some other job to do so he could avoid leaving. At the end of the day he wanted to feel productive, whether from contributing to the fresh-kill pile or from simply performing necessary tasks from around camp.

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

PostSubject: Re: Spaces Between [open]   Spaces Between [open] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 10:35

Russetrye trotted into camp, head held high and a weasel in her jaws. “No, like, what would Feasiblefoot think if I threw this at him, eh?” she mumbled to the rest of her hunting patrol, tossing the “predator” onto the fresh-kill pile. Heh. Hardly a predator, really- more of a prey to Russetrye- Russetrye. She just absolutely loved the way it slid off her tongue. The red-pelted warrior stretched, kneading the ground. She was a bit stiff from where she’d landed awkwardly on her shoulder on the rocky ground, but that was fine. It didn’t mean she had to visit Batsong.

Looking around camp for a friend or two to sit with, Russetrye noticed Smallbean sitting. All by himself! The deputy of the whole Clan, sitting all by himself. Disgraceful. The young warrior snatched a rabbit from the pile and trotted over, grinning around the meal. “Heya, Smallbean! Wanna share a meal? Have ya eaten yet today? Batsong says that is very important-like, an’ she oughta know, being t’ medicine cat an’ all that, eh?” She stood, head held high, unaware of how much she sounded like a certain deceased medicine cat. “Oh, but that’s okay if ya don’t wanna,” she added swiftly. “Like I just wanna know if you wanna, right?”
Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Spaces Between [open]   Spaces Between [open] EmptyFri 6 Jan 2023 - 17:34

The camp's slow atmosphere became contagious and Smallbean quickly fell ill under its soothing presence, subconsciously matching it's mood. His movements became quiet and lumber, and his eyes fluttered closed, although he was still very much awake. The calmness was welcomed, although it left him vaguely unsettled, like it would be interrupted by some disaster.

He'd only been resting for a moment when the sound of approaching pawsteps heralded a muffled greeting. His now opened eyes met Russetrye, who stood above him, a rabbit tucked between her jaws. "Oh- Russetrye. How are you?" He sat up, squeezing his eyes shut and stretching his legs out in front of him. He didn't realize how much he appreciated the soft, sandy floor of Windclan's camp until it was no longer accessible. It made his joints ache. "I don't think I have eaten today, now that I think about it." He replied, turning to face the younger warrior. "It'd... be nice, I think. To eat together. " Smallbean forgot how nice it was to share food with another cat, he often spent his time alone. He shifted over, making space for Russetrye beside him. "Do you talk to Batsong often? How... how is she holding up, do you know? I know Daisybreeze's passing hit her hard."

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2840

PostSubject: Re: Spaces Between [open]   Spaces Between [open] EmptyFri 6 Jan 2023 - 23:46

Batsong was a little ways away, the shy med cat's ears flicked a little hearing her name a couple of times and she tilted her head curiously. Hmm she squinted her eyes making out Russetrye and Smallbean talking a little.

The first thing she noticed?? The limp Russetpaw... no Russetrye! had. It felt like only yesterday she had taken Russet for her moonstone and now a warrior she was! And a mighty one at that she noticed the weasel added to their pile. Good for her! ... but she wasnt gonna get by that easily without at least a quick check on that shoulder.

With this in mind she slowly trotted over, she told herself that she was only going over to double check that shoulder but she knew a small part of her wanted to hear what they were saying having heard her name a couple times... it was an innocent curiosity more than anything else.

She gave a small shy smile to her two friends and wave of her tail in greeting.

Good, Russetrye was getting Small to actually eat, he had been... almost skipping meals so busy with keeping things running. It was good to see him finally catching a break.

She hadnt caught at all what Smallbean had said,

In truth? She was still shaken up alot from it but was doing her best not to let that show. Besides, the clan needed their med cat to at least look like she wasnt falling apart.

"Russetrye! c-congrats on your hunting" she purred with her usual little stutter.

"hmm but d-did you really think th-that you could get by without a check on th-that shoulder? she purred with a wink and a playful tapping of her paw on the ground as if "scolding" the warrior, but not actually. Moreso a teasing friendly reminder.

She sat down beside the warrior so she could get a better view. Hmm yeah a little scrape but not much to really be concerned of at all. Hmm so the warrior was right, this luckily did not need any attention really.

"hmm guess the w-weasle truely d-didnt stand a chance" she purred a little with a nod praising the warriros skills.

"I k-knew youd be a great warrior Russet!

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

PostSubject: Re: Spaces Between [open]   Spaces Between [open] EmptySat 7 Jan 2023 - 7:38

Russetrye shook her head fondly at the deputy. “‘Ow can you not eat? That’s, like, super important! Maybe you could get some tips from Fuzzbutt… and give him some about how skippin’ a meal ain’t the end of the stars-forsaken world,” she huffed as she sat down beside Smallbean, dropping the hare to the ground. There wasn’t any real malice in her tone- despite herself, she’d grudgingly accepted Fuzzface into her lil’ friend group. Though she did wish he would make himself useful every once in a while.

“I talk to Batsong pretty often, yeah. I- think she’s okay? I’m more worried about Sleeps…” she admitted softly. “It really hurts to lose a sibling.” It did. Had Russetrye been there enough for her friend, like how Sleepykit had been there when Ryepaw died? She- she really hoped so. She’d gone out of her way to try to spend time with her, or make her life easier… hopefully, she was getting the message across.

And here came Batsong! “Heya! We were just talkin’ ‘bout you- oh, no, I’m fine, really, that weasel didn’t even have a chance. I just pinned it down then- bam! Dead weasel! Yep- you’re right! A weasel’s a little thing, though, honestly. They do have sharp teeth though.” She preened in the medicine cat’s praise- not as insufferably as Weaselsmeasel or Dirtshriek, though. It- the praise made her feel good, it really did, but… well, she was still all too aware of her shortcomings. Scat.

“‘Ave you ever fought a weasel, Smallbean? Or did you go straight to fighting fo- dogs as an apprentice?” Foxes were a sore point in the Clan right now. It would be a few moons until anyone could bring them up. Sleepypaw had been attacked by a fox while on their hunting competition… Daisybreeze and Goldenpaw before her… hadn’t Coyotegrin’s first mate been killed by a fox? They were bad news, for the whole Clan.
Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Libra Dog

PostSubject: Re: Spaces Between [open]   Spaces Between [open] EmptyFri 13 Jan 2023 - 18:54

Smallbean huffed in annoyance at the mention of Fuzzface - although he'd be lying if he didn't find the nickname Fuzzbutt a little bit funny. If he were to look over at the fresh-kill pile right now he would probably find the tom there pick through it, even though he probably did nothing to contribute. He stifled an annoyed sigh before returning his attention to Russetrye, ridding his mind of Fuzzface. "I dunno, I just.. forget sometimes." He meowed, nonchalantly. Whenever he would fall into deep thought or focus on a task he'd forget about everything around him, including hunger. Eventually he'd come to his senses and realize how hungry he was - or some cat would magically be able to tell that he hadn't eaten, like Russetrye.

"Oh.. Sleeps..." He assumed that Russetrye was mentioning Sleepyhollow - Daisybreeze's sister. "Yeah... I know." Smallbean had lost all of his own siblings, although long ago. Sorrows that he'd put to rest, but he still felt melancholy at their thought.

Almost as if she'd been listening the whole time, Batsong joined the two just after her name was mentioned. To Smallbean's relief, though, she hadn't seemed to hear anything they'd said. Russetrye felt comfortable mentioned that they'd just been talking about her, Smallbean felt the opposite. Batsong didn't seem to mind, though.

"Hm?" Smallbean raised his head after his gaze had drifted to his paws when Russetrye suddenly turned to him. "Um... i might have. I can't quite remember..." Smallbean had fought many predators across his lifetime, but he was unsure of whether or not he'd fought a weasel. He felt frustrated that he couldn't recall it. "I do know that I've never fought a dog, though. I don't see them often." He answered, finally.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2840

PostSubject: Re: Spaces Between [open]   Spaces Between [open] EmptyFri 13 Jan 2023 - 21:40

Batsong gave a little nod hearing how Russet described the whacking of the weasel.  "very b-brave she purred quietly approvingly.

Her ears twitched a little when Russet almost said foxes but changed it to dogs quickly.  Foxes were the worst and she hoped that Russet would not actively seek one of those out anytime soon or ever.

hmm... s-stop by the me-med den tomorrow and I wa-wanna do a checkup, just to b-be sure she purred looking at her friend with a little smile.

Was she being overly cautious?  Yes, but such was her job and with the recent events Windclan needed things running as smooth as possible and all warriors ready for anything.  And besides, extra time and an excuse to see Russ?? YES PLEASE!

Smallbean and Russ were discussing how Small didnt eat enough or look after himself well enough.

Batsong had kinda noticed this as well and was glad to see that he was at least getting something now.  She looked up to Smallbean alot.  He and her were similar in alot of ways, from the elders she had learned that he also once had a stutter, they both had a hard time socializing with complete strangers which made gatherings hard for them, had both been warriors turned med cats. Had both lost their first mates tragically and had both been put into the med den under very dark times during windclans history.

It was somewhat like looking into a mirror almost but with the mirrors actions ahead of that of your own.  He was no longer med cat and no longer stuttered for instance.

Batsong found that around him she was able to relax easier.  She was very glad that he had been around to help her learn the medicne cat ways.  If he had never escaped that twoleg nest she wasnt sure what would be of windclan right now.  

"Sm-smallbean, you will make sure to take c-care of yourself yes?" she asked quietly and very caringly.  Her voice was almost always soft and caring but now it was even moreso to an extreme even really.

She glanced at him with tired eyes that were overworked, with all that had happened lately for windclan she had been working with Birchpaw alot to make sure they were ready for things if more ill events were to come their way.

"I n-ne ... err, the cl-clan needs you" she stuttered looking quickly to her paws.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spaces Between [open]   Spaces Between [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Spaces Between [open]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: