Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

slow down [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6045

slow down [c] Empty
PostSubject: slow down [c]   slow down [c] EmptySat 31 Dec 2022 - 15:06

Once she adjusted to her surroundings, Thalia had decided that this barn wasn't a bad place to spend her time. It wasn't where she'd choose to spend the rest of her life, but the company was decent and the prey nearby was plentiful; even her own less-than-skilled hunter's skills were enough to keep her well-fed. To live outside the strict codes and culture of the forest, even for just a brief moment, was a welcome relief; even before, there had been a similar-but-different sort of structure. She hadn't felt so free since that short period after the Eris' death when she hadn't yet decided where to go.

And she loved ShadowClan, and she missed the marsh and she missed Iceheart and Honeylight, but this...

It was nice. It was peaceful, when her biggest worry was avoiding dogs that weren't particularly interested in her, and figuring out how to frame the story of her life in a way that a stranger could understand it. After all she'd lived through, wasn't she allowed to want a break?

Presently she was observing her most recent catch, a small but round mouse.

(Maybe she would have been Mousecatcher, if she'd ever taken a Clan name? She certainly wouldn't have chosen to be Laurel again. At that thought, she was remarkably glad she hadn't. It was all good for Emberleap and Foxspark, but Mousecatcher?)

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2969

slow down [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: slow down [c]   slow down [c] EmptySat 31 Dec 2022 - 15:26

Whisperear

In much the same way, Whisperear did not find life here on the farm to be all that awful. It was certainly strange to meet the variety of cats on the farm, and it ached when there were no WindClan cats around. With Brackenwing here now, it is not quite as lonely in that regard, but Whisperear also knew that she would want to get back to the clan. They wanted to as well of course, for they missed many cats in their clan. But it was also…really nice, to not have to strain their body every day just to do the bare minimum.

Many of the cats here were either eager to try and find a way out or were too strange or hyper for Whisperear to feel comfortable with. Aside from Brackenwing, the exception to that was Thalia. They had met very briefly when Whisperear arrived at the farm, and while they had not exchanged any further words, Whisperear could see that she relaxed as they tried to do. It was nice to see. With nothing else going on on the farm, Whisperear decided to go and say hello.

They approached Thalia and their ears twitched in greeting. Would you mind having some company? they asked.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

slow down [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: slow down [c]   slow down [c] EmptySat 31 Dec 2022 - 16:14

The sound of a quiet voice caught Thalia's attention, her ear flicking slightly to show she'd heard. "Not at all," she greeted pleasantly. The presence of Clan cats here had been a startling and unsettling revelation, but one she'd adjusted to quickly- she hadn't yet encountered any ShadowClan cats, and cats from other Clans rarely recognized her now; if they did, it wasn't by name. She had no reason to be afraid, and no need to explain herself in the way she so often felt she had to.

"What brings you over here?"

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

slow down [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: slow down [c]   slow down [c] EmptyMon 9 Jan 2023 - 12:51

Whisperear

With her permission, Whisperear settled down beside Thalia, giving them both some breathing room between their pelts. They replied, You are one of the calmer cats situated here. I unfortunately had grown too accustomed to clan life, and so spending my days alone and separated from the cats here…it wears on me. I would rather spend my time in the company of someone, even if that cat is not necessarily from my clan.

As they grew comfortable, Whisperear asked,What is ShadowClan like, if you don’t mind my asking? I’ve always been curious what other areas of the forest were like.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

slow down [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: slow down [c]   slow down [c] EmptyTue 10 Jan 2023 - 16:04

"I've usually kept to ShadowClan more out of circumstance than anything," Thalia sighed. It seemed that her reputation had preceded her, or else she'd carried the scent. "They accepted me as I was, so I stayed, and before all of this I had no reason to leave. As for the territory, it's-"

She thought on it for a moment.

"It's wet, but I've gotten used to that by now. It's open, which is nice, and it's pretty if you look for it- there are a lot of flowers that grow in the marshland, some of them that are harder to find elsewhere. ...It felt like home, even when it wasn't."

It was true, and she wondered if she would ever see it again.

"They let me exist as I am, more or less. But this place does, too. I miss it, but... I'll miss being here, I think, when it's time to leave."

It was quiet, and more solitary than she was used to, but she could grow accustomed to those things; and neither place was one she'd choose to live forever, but if she were faced with the chance to stay or go- she'd have to think on it.

A soft laugh escaped her.

"I never was a very good warrior."

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

slow down [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: slow down [c]   slow down [c] EmptyWed 11 Jan 2023 - 16:02

Whisperear

Thalia turned out to be more comfortable to talk to than even Whisperear expected. They settled down easily and smiled as they listened to her. ShadowClan did not sound awful, though Whisperear vastly preferred the dry moorlands with its large fields of flowers and open skies.

When Thalia admitted that she was not a good warrior, Whisperear replied, You and I both. Despite being a WindClan cat, I cannot run very fast or very far. I probably catch one piece of prey for every five that my fellow warriors can. They sighed softly. It was rather embarrassing, just how bad they were at being a warrior. It was nice to know that there were those in other clans who struggled in much the same way.

The lack of real danger here is nice, they admitted. As is the warmth of the barn. Plentiful mice as well…I understand why you would miss it. I suppose there are too many cats back home that I would miss to consider staying here, though.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP