Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

street savoir-faire [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

street savoir-faire [c] Empty
PostSubject: street savoir-faire [c]   street savoir-faire [c] EmptyFri 23 Dec 2022 - 0:54

─FOXPAW

"Picture the forest. Just after sunrise. Fog on the horizon. Birds are chirpin'."

Three small kits gathered around Foxpaw, their eyes wide, mouths hanging open in anticipation as they listened to the apprentices story. Kit had been on an early morning patrol earlier that day and as soon as he got back he was surrounded by kittens demanding he tells them about his hunting trip.

"Enter your buddy Foxpaw. One bad cat. Not just out for himself, but the clan minded. But he ain't the only one out there." he said in a low slow voice, as he licked the fur down on his chest preparing to tell the next part of his tale, "Enter the opposition. A greedy, ugly, psychotic monster...with razor-sharp talons, beak drippin' with blood...I knew my time had come. Suddenly.."

As Kit spoke, the npc warrior, Tawnywhisker, that had taken him out on the patrol, dropped the plump woodpecker that Kit had caught in front of the kits, breaking their eye contact and ruining the climax of the story Kit had been telling. "Razor-sharp talons, eh?" the warrior inquired with a hearty laugh as she turned and trotted away, tail held high and swishing behind her. The kits in unison huffed and turned tail, leaving Foxpaw alone with the catch he had made, giggling along with the echo of the Tawnywhisker's laugh.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Patch

Patch

Characters : Patchpaw, Beetlestrike
Clan/Rank : [P] TC Apprentice, [B] SkC T1 Warrior
Virgo Rooster
Number of posts : 356

PostSubject: Re: street savoir-faire [c]   street savoir-faire [c] EmptyMon 26 Dec 2022 - 22:28

Getting used to being back with the Clan was harder than Beetlepaw had expected. He was unsure how much of that was the disappearance of their cats, specifically one warrior who was very special to the large black tom. It didn't help that he still had his apprentice name and had to sleep in their den despite being twice the size of most of them. He felt a little claustrophobic, like he was being squeezed into a much too small hole. Outside of camp he felt much more at home, his paws easily walking the trails he had when he was actually apprentice aged.

It was late morning when he padded back into the makeshift camp, a couple of mice dangling from his jaws. It wasn't much, and he had already decided he was going to go back out, when he overheard a younger tom speaking in a dramatic tone. Beetlepaw's whiskers twitched in amusement as a warrior who he assumed was the cat's mentor ruined the mood of the tale.

"It's still a nice catch," Beetlepaw commented, dropping his mice onto the pile of fresh kill and padding over to where the apprentice was still sitting.

[#a4af78]                     [#ffc900]

Last edited by Patch on Sun 1 Jan 2023 - 11:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: street savoir-faire [c]   street savoir-faire [c] EmptyMon 26 Dec 2022 - 23:25

─FOXPAW
Telling stories, and doing any menial task he could get his paws on allowed him to keep his mind clear of the same warrior. He had only really spent time with her, the other disappeared cats' names went over his head. Not that he didn't care now, he just had the memory of a goldfish. Being so young when he came to Skyclan he immersed himself in the clan as much as possible. During the early moons, it was hard, he had gotten a lot of things wrong, especially the naming, and the fact he couldn't sleep in the warriors den was a little brutal to get over -but he over time he had gotten the hang of things. At least he thought as much.

"Eh, it's nothin' too special. Just some light work. The names Kit..er...Foxpaw." he mewed waving his tail in greeting as he relaxed his posture, "Real talk, I'm still gettin' used to the new name." the tom admitted with his classic slanted grin.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Patch

Patch

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: street savoir-faire [c]   street savoir-faire [c] EmptySat 31 Dec 2022 - 21:49

Beetlepaw let out a soft purr of sympathy. He might have grown up knowing nothing other than SkyClan, but he still sometimes had felt a little out of place because he wasn't SkyClan blood, especially now that he had been gone for so long.

"Nice to meet you, Foxpaw. I'm Beetlepaw," his ears twitched a little in embarrassment that he still had his apprentice name. "I, uh, got separated on my way back from my moonstone journey, so I've missed a bit of Clan life." That was an understatement. Foxpaw probably had a better working knowledge of the Clan and who was around and who was missing than Beetlepaw.

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: street savoir-faire [c]   street savoir-faire [c] EmptyMon 2 Jan 2023 - 0:35

─FOXPAW
Moonstone? This cat went to the moon? Sheesh, these Skyclanners really could fly huh. Whadda know. It sounded like Beetlepaw didn't know much about what was going on these days. He sympathized. "I know what you mean. I was born in the Twolegplace. My mother left me and my kid sister Star behind and Star...she wanted to live off with these nice house folk that used to feed us...and I wanted something more..y'know?" Foxpaw explained smiling as he thought about his past. "So I left. I walked and walked until my paw pads were bleedin'. On my mother! And then..she descended from the sky. Like a fallen star. I thought I died and gone to Starclan. Dawnfeather found me half-alive on the edge of the territory and saved me." Easy enough. Hopefully, it wasn't too much for Beetlepaw to digest.

Last edited by kiikko on Tue 3 Jan 2023 - 12:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patch

Patch

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: street savoir-faire [c]   street savoir-faire [c] EmptyTue 3 Jan 2023 - 10:02

The brief surprise in Foxpaw's eyes would have alerted most cats to his confusion over the moonstone and perhaps invited a bit of explanation, but not for Beetlepaw. He completely missed that moment, instead pricking his ears to listen to the younger apprentice's story. He came from Twolegplace, which was not a place that Beetlepaw had spent much time at, but he had seen quite a bit of the farm twolegs while lost. He was impressed at the strength this young cat must have shown, to leave his sister and the easy comforts of the twolegs feeding him behind.

His jaw dropped open when Foxpaw continued on to tell him exactly how he came to be in SkyClan. His heart twisted in a strong longing, and he squeezed his eyes shut for a moment. How many times had he experienced the same, with Dawnfeather appearing from up in the trees? She could practically fly.

"You are very brave," he purred after a brief pause to collect himself, "And you couldn't have been found by a better cat. You must miss her as much as I do."

Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: street savoir-faire [c]   street savoir-faire [c] EmptyTue 3 Jan 2023 - 13:14

─FOXPAW
" Probably the bravest cat this side of the river." he meowed in response, nodding in agreement. This cat knew his stuff. Foxpaw decided he liked him. Especially the way he reacted to hearing his stories, when Beetlepaw's jaw dropped he couldn't help but smile a little wider. He'd have to tell him more sometime, he loved these reactions. "Yeah, and I'd go to great lengths to save her in a heartbeat. I just wouldn't know where to look. Blackbear will bring them all home. I know it." Foxpaw turned his body to face Beetlepaw, giving the other cat a thorough look from claws to ear tips, his eyebrow suddenly raising, "How come you miss her anyhow? I mean she's the best cat in the world...but...how come you miss her like me?" he questioned, leaning closer to look deep into Beetlepaw's eyes, trying to find the answer.

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
Patch

Patch

Virgo Rooster

PostSubject: Re: street savoir-faire [c]   street savoir-faire [c] EmptyThu 5 Jan 2023 - 22:22

Beetlepaw nodded in agreement. It didn't surprise him at all that Dawnfeather had taken this young cat under her wing. It was just like her. The older black tom didn't know Blackbear, but he had yet to meet a cat not charmed by Dawnfeather. And SkyClan was full of lovely and brave cats, even if Beetlepaw personally thought a lot of them were a little...harsh. Or they had been. He realized that he didn't know a lot about most of his new Clanmates, and so much of the Clan was unfamiliar to him.

"We were apprentices together for a time, although she got her warrior name before me, obviously. I was so proud of her," Beetlepaw's eyes were soft as he revisited the memories, thinking about their hollow. If he noticed Foxpaw leaning in, he didn't seem to react to it. "But I suppose the real reason I miss her like you do...Is because I love her, too."

It was the first time he had spoken the words out loud, and although he wished desperately that Dawnfeather herself were there to hear them, it felt absolutely right to speak them into existence.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: street savoir-faire [c]   street savoir-faire [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

street savoir-faire [c]
Page 1 of 1