Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger
Number of posts : 5642

Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw] Empty
PostSubject: Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw]   Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw] EmptySat 10 Dec 2022 - 11:31

Harechaser had been doing just as her name suggested. Hares seemed to like the rugged terrain more than she did, however today had ended in failure, with no prey to show for a day roaming in search of it. It was disappointing, with the clan's situation as dire as it was, and with more mouths courtesy of Windclan to also worry about. So she turned her pawsteps back to their makeshift camp. The rough terrain had been unkind, the stinging in her paws from such harsh stone a feeling the Shadowclanner wasn't used to at all. She missed the feeling of soft marshland under her paws, she missed the scents of frogs and voles. She missed the trees. She missed her brother, taken by twolegs.

Most of all, she missed when her paws didn't bleed just from walking. Harechaser stared at her lifted paw in shock, giving the red droplets an angry look. For a place so many older cats talked about, it sure was inhospitable. No cat in their right mind would want to come here, surely?

With a frustrated huff, the black and ginger she-cat limped on, relieved when she was finally among the familiar faces of her own clanmates once more. Highstones was cold and windy and much too exposed, in a way the marshes had never been. And her paws hurt.

"Fuzzybelly? Burdockpaw?" She called, hoping to find the more approachable of Shadowclan's medicine cats.

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Starclan: Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Birdsong, Swiftspirit, Harechaser, Moondancer
Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1847

PostSubject: Re: Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw]   Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw] EmptySat 10 Dec 2022 - 21:47

Unfortunately for Harechaser, the less approachable medicine cat was around. Burdockpaw was nearing the end of her second apprenticeship and was left frequently to her own devices. The black and white pelt stirred from behind a rock in response to the call. It was ShadowClan's desperate attempt at a medicine deb, with Burdockpaw's precious herbs stashed in crevices to protect them. Taking a step forward she grunted a response to Harechaser to grab her attention and bring her to this sheltered location out of the wind. When her patient joined her, Burdockpaw settled back and scanned the cat over. "What's wrong?" She said flatly, her multi-colored eyes darting around Harechaser's body to see what could be ailing the cat before she was told. She liked doing that. It was a game.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Characters : [Br]ackenwing [W]olfstar [S]toneheart (plot) [G]raywind [Sw]wandive [B]riarpaw // Smokefeather, Beechface | Beechfang, Mistyfalcon, Nighthawk (npc), Eosphoros (plot), Birdsong, Eleos | Swiftspirit, Atalante | Featherfrost, Harechaser, Whitesnake (plot), Flamegaze (plot), Moondancer
Clan/Rank : [Br] WC/T5 Elder [W] SkC/T5 Leader [S] SkC/T5 Warrior [G] SkC/T5 Warrior [Sw] RC/T3 Warrior [B] SC/Apprentice
Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw]   Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw] EmptySun 11 Dec 2022 - 12:43

Well, Burdockpaw wasn't Fuzzybelly, but at least it was one of Shadowclan's own medicine cats, so harechaser could be grateful for that. The apprentice eyed her for a moment, clearly not seeing any visible injuries on her pelt, and Harechaser ducked her head in embarrassment. "I cut my paws up on the rocks while hunting." She grimaced, lifting one paw that was still bleeding a little. "The terrain out here really does suck. I miss being on our own territory." And not around stinky Windclanners.

Harechaser
65 / 70 hp
130 / 160 sp

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw]   Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw] EmptyThu 15 Dec 2022 - 7:31

Ah, the law pads. Of course. The one spot that Burdockpaw couldn't see. With a shrug, Burdockpaw turned to her herbs and began searching. "Lots of cats with those." She said dismissively. Her intent was to do a comfort sort of thing, but her tone probably could have been taken either way. The large apprentice returned with the appropriate herbs and began to work, motioning for Harechaser to lift her paws. She worked in quiet, but was efficient in providing herb coverage and a wrapping on the paws. Sitting back, she glanced to Harechaser. "Rest for the rest of the night. Come see me in the morning. Keep the cobwebs on." Burdockpaw turned to leave but then hesitated and turned back. "Is it nice out there?"

Burdock paw used Minor Heal on Harechaser. Harechaser has regained 3 HP and Burdockpaw has used 7 stamina.

Harechaser
68 / 70 hp (+3 HP)
130 / 160 sp

Burdockpaw
50/50 HP
113/120 SP

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw]   Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw] EmptyThu 15 Dec 2022 - 16:08

Harechaser couldn't decide if knowing she wasn't the only one was a relief or not. That just further solidified in her mind that highstones was not a place that Shadowclanners were meant to live. They were made for the marshes, for the softer ground underpaw, and the still-scant shrubs that helped block the howling winds. Not a steep mountainside that offered no protection from the elements. Burdockpaw turned away, returning a few moments later with a bundle of herbs, the only thing Harechaser really recognized were the cobwebs. Obediently, Harechaser sat, lifting her paws one at a time for the her clanmate.

"Thank you." She mewed softly, "I will." The cobwebs were a bit uncomfortable for a cat who had never needed them stuck to her paws, but if it would help Harechaser would listen to the medicine cat.. Burdockpaw was an apprentice technically, but her knowledge was still far superior to Harechaser's on the matter.

"Not really, no." She mewed. "It's foxing cold out. And windy. And it's not even really leafbare yet, is it? Maybe one of the Windclanners would appreciate it but I sure don't." And the Windclanners... "They're an obnoxious bunch, I'll be happier when we can go home."

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw]   Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw] EmptyThu 15 Dec 2022 - 16:19

Burdockpaw grunted a response. The wind wasn't bothering her much because she had staked out a good rock. And the cold didn't bother her much either because of her long fur and pelt. And she didn't really interact with the WindClan cats, either. Except the fact that she wanted to bring Batsong along with her soon to see if ShadowClan's territory still had herbs. "WindClan are allies. Nightstar must have found use in them." She shifted, interaction was uncomfortable. "You're Harechaser." They hadn't interacted much, but she knew the cat in front of her was a senior warrior.

Back to top Go down
kjSage
Former Staff
Former Staff
kjSage

Cancer Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw]   Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw] EmptyThu 15 Dec 2022 - 16:41

"I know they're allies, and I respect my brother's decision. I know he has good reasons. Doesn't change that their frogbrained warriors are rude and lack any respect for boundaries, in my experience." She mewed, "I've been trying to avoid them, honestly. There's no use in accidentally starting a fight. I'd just... Rather stick around my own clanmates, you know? Easier to not step on toes that way."

"Yeah... I suppose we really haven't seen much of each other, have we?"

WolfstarSkyClan
T5 Leader
80 / 170
#a0c8e6
GraywindSkyClan
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#c99700
BrackenwingWindClan
T5 Elder
65 / 130 *
#702fd8
SwandiveRiverClan
T3 Warrior
50 / 120
#0881ab
BriarpawShadowClan
Apprentice
20 / 60
#867b6b
StoneheartNot Pictured
SkyClan NPC
T5 Warrior
70 / 160
#616d87

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw]   Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw] Empty

Back to top Go down

Heal Me, O Medicine Cat [Burdockpaw]
Page 1 of 1