Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c] Empty
PostSubject: lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c]   lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c] EmptyFri 9 Dec 2022 - 17:01

Once she had been cleared by Batsong (not before, Russetpaw wasn’t dumb, she’d listen to the med cat) the red-pelted apprentice’s first course of action was to seek out someone to spar with. But. She’d already won against Sleeps, and… Silverwing had just seemed, tired, and, sad, lately, and she… needed to figure that out, but a spar wasn’t the way to do it. And she didn’t want to spar Weasely until she was sure she could win. So. The next best option was obviously Blazefang- someone who would definitely win, but be nice about it, and who wouldn’t absolutely crush her. A fight she could learn from.

“Heya, Blazefang!” she chirped, bounding up to the other ginger tabby. “Can you spar with me? I wanna learn some new tricks! Dontcha worry, Batsong said I’m ok!” The red-pelted apprentice hopped from paw to paw, flicking an ear. She was gonna learn how to fight better than anyone else in WindClan. That was for certain. Silverwing could be the best hunter- she could be the best fighter! And then maybe she’d feel a bit better about… stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Blazefang (TC), Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Blazefang: ThunderClan elder. Lighttail: SkyClan T1 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog
Number of posts : 2398

PostSubject: Re: lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c]   lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c] EmptySat 10 Dec 2022 - 9:02

Blazefang was not having a great time lately, being at Highstones with ShadowClan. She needed something to distract her, and a spar would certainly do that. “Are you sure?” she mewed, cocking her head. “Silverwing would kill me if you weren’t ready!” But Blazefang could see the apprentice was all right. In fact, the little ginger tabby was every inch a mini-Blazefang, from her pelt to her boundless energy. She remembered being that youngster, being Russetpaw. How could she say no to her? “All right,” she chuckled, shaking out her pelt and padding away from her sleeping spot to a more open area. “Go ahead, make the first move!”
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c]   lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c] EmptySat 10 Dec 2022 - 9:23

“Oh, stars yeah, I’m ready!” Russetpaw replied, bouncing from paw to paw. Alright. She got the first move. The apprentice’s electric blue eyes narrowed in concentration. Okay. When sparring with Sleeps, she’d started out by bowling the other apprentice over- which was pretty powerful when she could run at someone from a decent ways away- but also opened her up for retaliation… hmm. She could start by trying to pin the larger warrior… but Blazefang was like orders of magnitude more better at this… hmmm. Orrr she could try a WindClan classic- which would also help her work on her speed!

Alright. Just like she had with the weasel. “You’re going down, Blazefang! she yowled quietly, leaping straight at the older she-cat and swiping at her shoulder with all the speed and ferocity she could muster. Her claws were sheathed, obviously, but she put as much power as she could behind each strike, taking full advantage of the compact strength her stature afforded her.

Russetpaw used Front Paw Strike and Swift Strike, dealing 10 (MR) damage and costing 17 stamina.

Russ
20/20 HP
43/60 SP (-17)

Blazefang
40/50 HP (-10)
120/120 SP
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Characters : Blazefang (TC), Lighttail (SkC), Sunflare (SC), Sageroot (TC), Bianca (Rogue)
Clan/Rank : Blazefang: ThunderClan elder. Lighttail: SkyClan T1 warrior. Sunflare: ShadowClan T5 warrior. Sageroot: ThunderClan T4 Deputy. Bianca: Tier 1 Rogue
Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c]   lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c] EmptySat 10 Dec 2022 - 11:24

Blazefang waited a moment and let a few of Russetpaw’s blows hit before retaliating with a snap, momentarily catching the younger cat’s paw with her teeth. A bit of a twist on how they’d practiced with Bushface, but hey, gotta think on your feet!
Blazefang used Snap, dealing 7 (MR) damage and using 7 stamina.

Russ
13/20 HP (-7)
43/60 SP

Blazefang
40/50 HP
113/120 SP (-7)
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c]   lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c] EmptySat 10 Dec 2022 - 11:40

Russetpaw was not expecting Blazefang to catch her paw in her teeth. She would have to be faster in a real fight… her paw could’ve been torn clean off. Faster, faster, think- instead of simply yanking her paw away, the red-pelted apprentice slammed her shoulder into Blazefang’s flank, then darted to the side, sinking her own teeth (lightly) into the ginger warrior’s tail and yanking, before scampering off.

Was Blazefang going easy on her? She better not be! “Don’t you dare go easy on me, Blazefang,” she warned, eyes twinkling, bounding around the older molly like a hare- and hopefully just as hard to hit! Her ear flicked in anticipation, already trying to figure out the other’s next move. Would she try a bite, again, or a paw swipe? She doubted she’d yanked the other’s tail hard enough to keep her down for any length of time. Maybe she should’ve- she had to practice. This would have to be as close to a real fight as she could get, so she’d be prepared for the real thing.

Faster, faster, faster.

Could she try catching the paw with her teeth? She doubted that would work in a real fight, with claws out and altogether too close to her face. Russetpaw backed up slowly, electric blue eyes narrowed to slits as she attempted to predict Blazefang’s next move, tracking the other molly’s every muscle. Just gotta treat it as a real fight, so she’ll know what to do… Russetpaw wasn’t sure how long she could keep this up… but she’d do her darned hardest!

Russetpaw used Tail Yank, dealing 6 damage and costing 15 stamina.

Russ
13/20 HP
28/60 SP (-15)

Blazefang
34/50 HP (-6)
113/120 SP
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c]   lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c] EmptySat 10 Dec 2022 - 13:05

Blazefang was impressed at Russetpaw’s tactics. Purring under her breath a little, she tried to pounce on her a couple times, but missed. The apprentice was fast, and Blazefang was a bit off-balance.
Blazefang is technically stunned, but you’re right, she’s not down.

Russ
13/20 HP
28/60 SP

Blazefang
34/50 HP
113/120 SP
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c]   lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c] EmptySat 10 Dec 2022 - 16:14

Russetpaw, panting, took advantage of Blazefang’s momentary stun. Waiting until the other molly had attempted to pounce at her, the young she-cat repeated her earlier tactic, a flurry of blows aimed at her opponent’s shoulders and side. Each swipe had as much of her remaining energy put behind it as Russetpaw could manage, though she was starting to tire. Stars! She shouldn’t be tiring so easily! Grrr! Her muscles were beginning to ache, yet the young apprentice still managed to jump back, eyes watching Blazefang like a cornered rabbit. She was tiring, and it would be hard to dodge, now. Each movement could mean the end of the fight- and she didn’t want to let that happen. Not yet.

Her ear flicked as she waited for the other molly to regain her balance, sides heaving. This was good practice. “Catch me if ya can!” she called out, paws steadying.

Russetpaw used Front Paw Strike and Swift Strike, dealing 10 (MR) damage and costing 17 stamina

Russ
13/20 HP
11/60 SP (-17)

Blazefang
24/50 HP (-10)
113/120 SP
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c]   lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c] EmptySun 11 Dec 2022 - 20:52

Blazefang had herself steady again, sure of her stance on all four paws. Russetpaw was smaller and rather inexperienced, but wow was she determined! Ears half-pinned, Blazefang flexed her claws. She took a few steps back, then leapt at Russetpaw, knocking her off her feet.

Blazefang used Jumping Strike, dealing 7 (MR) damage and using 7 stamina.

Russ
6/20 HP (-7)
11/60 SP

Blazefang
24/50 HP
106/120 SP (-7)
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c]   lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c] EmptyMon 12 Dec 2022 - 6:19

She tried to move out of the way- really she did- but the red-pelted apprentice was knocked clean off her paws, slamming into the ground under Blazefang’s paws. For a moment, she lay limp, feeling exhaustion seep into her very bones… but this fight wasn’t over yet. Russetpaw suddenly snapped into action, headbutting Blazefang in the chest and swiping at her shoulder with sheathed paws. However… there just wasn’t enough left in her to keep this up. “We can stop now, if you want to surrender,” she mewed playfully, ears a bit droopy with tiredness. She’d done well! She hoped. Surely she’d done well- Blazefang had mentored Silverwing, so she must be a much more accomplished and experienced fighter that Russetpaw herself… the red-pelted apprentice felt confident that, if this was a real battle, she’d tired Blazefang enough so that another apprentice could take her down.

She let her head drop onto the ground again as she took deep breaths, side heaving. Phew. “Betcha weren’t expectin’ that!” Okay, so, she’d gotten tired this time instead of being knocked clean off her paws. Hmmm… how could she improve? She guessed she could still technically try for one last swipe, but she was pretty tired already, and there was no way she could win.

Russ used Play Dead, dealing 7 (MR) damage and costing 5 stamina.
Russ
6/20 HP
6/60 SP (-5)

Blazefang
17/50 HP (-7)
106/120 SP
Back to top Go down
Nerd

Nerd

Aquarius Dog

PostSubject: Re: lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c]   lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c] EmptyMon 12 Dec 2022 - 9:30

Blazefang stepped away from Russetpaw and sat down, lifting a paw and pulling a clump of dirt from her fur with her teeth. Russetpaw had put up a good fight, but Blazefang was a full-grown warrior. She could see the apprentice was getting tired. Still, she was very skillful, Silverwing had clearly taught her well! Blazefang shot Russetpaw an encouraging look, then stood and shook out her pelt. “Yeah, I think this is probably a good stopping point. If it helps though, one, you did AMAZING! Two, in my first real battle when I was about your age, I lost. We were fighting the Dark Forest and I got knocked unconscious. Still, though, we won in the end, and I played a part in that. I hope you never have to fight the Dark Forest, but you’ll be a great warrior.”
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c]   lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c] EmptyMon 12 Dec 2022 - 9:50

Blazefang stepped away, and so Russetpaw stretched out on her stomach, yawning widely. “Thanks, Blazefang!” she mewed, grinning. “Don’t feel bad Blazefang, you were fighting evil bad guys! I’m sure that I could never fight the Dark Forest. When do you think Shrikestar will finally make me a warrior? Sleeps and I have been waitin’ forever!” The red-pelted apprentice rolled onto her back. “What kinda warrior name am I gonna ‘ave? Hopefully somethin’ cool!” Russetfur would be boring, but Russetclaw would be cool! Or Russetblaze. Firey. Like her!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c]   lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

lets go fight a much more experienced warrior [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: