Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

you're the summer to my december [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kiikko

kiikko

Characters : Sleepyhollow | Echosong | Foxtrot | Fawneye | Stagpaw | Weaver
Clan/Rank : WC |TC | SkC | RC | SC
Aries Dragon
Number of posts : 682

you're the summer to my december [c] Empty
PostSubject: you're the summer to my december [c]   you're the summer to my december [c] EmptyFri 9 Dec 2022 - 0:13

It was easy for the older cats- warriors, medicine cats, her mother and father, even Russetpaw- all sorts to get caught up in their routines. It was something she was beginning to notice as she got older: the Clan worked in a cycle. The same thing, the same time, the same routine, over, and over, and over. No wonder kits got bored. They yearned to see the world, to explore, but without being allowed to go outside of camp, they had to content themselves with all the camp had to offer- which wasn't much, in her opinion. Lately though with all of the turmoil, there had been so much exploring, especially for the kits. There were kits that hadn't even been to their true home. Who didn't know the sweet scent of heather around camp. It was tragic, really.

It was early. Too early, yet Sleepypaw was sat in the middle of their makeshift camp, her eyes high on the sky. There was one thing that she always looked forward to, though. Sunrise. The promise of a new day, right before her eyes, in streaks of bright colors across a dark lit sky. The way the stars faded away into pink and purple hues with a flash of a fluffy cloud and a glimmer of light to cross the moors, the faintest inklings of warmth that a day could bring. There was beauty in that, a potential to enamor, and the still, comfortable silence of the world before the Clan got to work. There really was something about those precursory hours of dawn that made her feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Even if she was just one lone cat in the middle of camp, at least for now. "Wow..."

"speech."

we're off to never-never land —— info.
Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

PostSubject: Re: you're the summer to my december [c]   you're the summer to my december [c] EmptyFri 9 Dec 2022 - 5:35

Russetpaw was not one to wake up early, as a rule. The red-pelted apprentice usually had to be prodded a few times before she’d roll out of her makeshift nest with a grumble, and it usually took a few minutes of crisp air on her fur before she fully woke up and was ready to seize the day. The makeshift apprentice den, however, and the lack of cover it provided, ensured that she did, actually, wake up, with the distinct feeling that something was wrong. Raising her head and blinking sleepily, Russetpaw looked about, scanning the sleeping shapes of the apprentices about her- friends like Shadepaw, annoyances like Fuzzpaw, and, of course, the one, the only-

Where was Sleepypaw?

With a cavernous yawn, Russetpaw woke fully, slowly getting to her paws as not to disturb the apprentices curled up around her. Her fur stood out in all directions, but the sky would fall before Russetpaw groomed in the morning, and so she merely shook out her pelt. Not really helping. But. At least she could say that she tried?

As she came out into the middle of ‘camp’, she saw a solitary figure looking up at the sky… but also saw a beautiful dawn. Up here, so far away from everything, they were close to the stars and the sun and the clouds and the colors staining the sky. It was beautiful… but it was also way too early to really appreciate it, and so with a shake of her head Russetpaw padded over to her friend. “If Fuzzbutt keeps snoring so loud, everyone’s gonna think the Twolegs done come back for us, eh?” Not her best joke, but it was early, and she was still not exactly at full-Russet-capacity, and so she plopped down beside Sleepypaw with an absent purr.
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: you're the summer to my december [c]   you're the summer to my december [c] EmptyFri 9 Dec 2022 - 19:23

There was another figure to join her, and she tore her gaze away from the sky long enough to look at Russetpaw. She grinned slightly, the mention of the fat munchkin amusing enough to make her beam. "Heya Russetpaw." she answered simply, shoulders shrugging as she looked back towards the sunrise. "Waking up every Two-leg all the way to the big lakes, probably," and at least she was honest, though the mention of the gangly beasts caused that guilty taste to return in her mouth.

"I think my parents must have rabbit fluff in their brain!" she insisted, sitting up straighter as she tapped her paws slightly, laughing a little. "Can't believe they adopted that furball! I mean I care for him and wanted to make sure he was doing good in the clan...and I like food and a nap just as much as the next cat. But he's so foxing lazy I just can't." Sleepypaw dramatically tilted her head back slightly to look at the other apprentice. "Anyways..what're you up to today?"

"speech."

Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: you're the summer to my december [c]   you're the summer to my december [c] EmptySat 10 Dec 2022 - 4:26

She flicked her ear at the mention of Twolegs… too scared to admit that she was scared, too tired to make a coherent attempt to change the subject. Just… their spindly paws rushing down from every direction and the noise and the terror of I’m not leaving Silverwing behind… it all amounted to something that made her a little Twoleg-shy. But- just the idea of the lakes that the elders could, occasionally, be convinced to tell stories of… it made her heart sing. Somewhere, out there, beyond even Highstones, lay adventure, and the light and joy of new things. If- if she had any say in it, she would just run, and run and run, despite the tremble in her paws, just run until her legs gave out and then run some more. She’d come back, yes, but… she wanted to see a little of the world, ya know? Just a little… was that too much to ask?

Sleeps’ voice startled her out of her thoughts- and her words made Russetpaw double over with suppressed laughter, eyes wide. Who- the gall to talk about her parents like that- Whiteburn would’ve had her pelt! “Yeah, I-“ she sputtered, pelt fluffed out and going every which way. She was fine- just take a few deep breaths- phew. “Dreaming of adventure,” she answered promptly- never mind that this was just an early morning dream, to be washed away by the excitement of the day. She thought of odd things, really, when no-one else was around to distract her. “Nah, actually, I’m gonna practice my running. Did you see the weasel that I brought in? Oh, and the cool scar on my shoulder-“ she turned so Sleeps could adequately admire the small battle wound. “What’re you gonna do? Murder Fuzzbutt? If you need help disposing of the body, Shadepaw isn’t exactly his biggest fan either…” she snickered. “I’ll distract your parents by fighting Mister Weasely in the middle of camp- that would be very satisfying, ya know?”

Suddenly, a thought occurring to her, she turned slowly to her friend with a frankly evil gleam in her eyes. “I know what we should do…” she suggested, a malicious, unhinged grin spreading over her face. “Never have I ever had a crush on anyone.”

*evil laughter*
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: you're the summer to my december [c]   you're the summer to my december [c] EmptySun 11 Dec 2022 - 20:22

If only Russetpaw knew how much Sleepypaw shared her sentiment, her want to explore and see other lands was suffocating. How could a territory this beautiful, be limited to just the five clans? She'd never betray and leave her clan for good, her parents meant too much, Silverwing, Blazefang they all meant too much. Maybe the next time the medicine cats went on an herb-hunting journey she'd offer to go along just in case they needed a little extra protection.

Sleepypaw couldn't help but laugh with her, the ginger's laugh was as contagious as a mean bought of whitecough. "Mm adventure. One day we'll go on a good adventure," she promised. Thought every day almost felt like an adventure with Russetpaw. Sleepypaw squinted her eyes and inspected the battle wound, "Mm, it's alright I guess." she mewed, her grin betraying her pride. Her friend had defeated a weasel! That was sick!

The calico laughed again, the murder of Fuzzbutt did seem tempting but then thinking about the whooping she'd receive for fighting with one of her siblings, even if he was adopted. Sleepypaw shivered. Ugh. Making Coyotegrin mad, real mad. Was not something she wanted to experience anytime soon.

As Russetpaw suggested something, the grin she was given made Sleepypaw raise a suspicious eyebrow. She backed up a tail length, tensing her muscles scared her best friend was going to pounce on her or something. But what Russetpaw said was something she was least expecting. Her mouth parted in shock and she stared at Russetpaw for a few seconds before regaining her composure and shaking her head. But she couldn't hide the heat in her cheeks and the way she averted her eyes. "Sheesh. Starting off hot. Never have I ever... got bit by a weasel," she retorted flicking her tail to the other apprentice's battle wound, "And come on you've never had one crush?" Sleepypaw asked, the suspicious expression returning.

*profuse sweating*

"speech."

Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: you're the summer to my december [c]   you're the summer to my december [c] EmptyMon 12 Dec 2022 - 6:00

“One day soon,” Russetpaw agreed, flicking an ear. They would, someday, if they ever managed to get permission from Shrikestar for just a quick lil’ journey beyond Highstones. More than anything she wanted to see the lake, so so so far away and filled with the romantic memories of adventure. “It’s not alright,” she protested, jaw dropping, “It’s awesome!” Sleepypaw was just jealous. The scar was awesome and marked her as a fighter and the most awesome cat from here to Fourtrees. See, even just being around Sleepypaw banished her worries underground!

Russetpaw’s head turned so quickly she almost pulled something in her neck. “You can’t change the subject like that! Ya gotta answer! Who? Who who who? I wanna know! I wanna know! Is it… Fuzzpaw? Ohmystars Sleepy’s in love with Fuzzpaw! Sleeps and Fuzzpaw sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I…” she trailed off, laughing her head off and flopping on her back. “And ya can’t choose something ya know! Nope, WindClan is my only love,” she snickered. “If Mister Weaseldude wasn’t so freakin’ annoying he’s pretty good-lookin’, doncha think? Oh, sorry I forgot- Sleepypaw and Fuzzpaw sittin’ ina tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” she teased, trying to scramble to her paws and out of swiping reach, although her efforts were somewhat hampered by the laughing attack she was currently struggling through.
Back to top Go down
kiikko

kiikko

Aries Dragon

PostSubject: Re: you're the summer to my december [c]   you're the summer to my december [c] EmptyTue 13 Dec 2022 - 17:49

"Mm, soon." she murmured in agreement. Exploring to her was like a moth to a flame, she couldn't stay away, every time she went outside of camp with a warrior she found herself wandering off, staring off into the distance. Like honey to a bear, really. She could imagine the new textures of the earth beneath her paws, the new scents hitting her nose from a passing breeze. Yes.

"Yes." she mewed. Wait, she said that out loud. Sleepypaw looked at her friend in horror, her jaw threatening to drop. She really just said that out loud. Holy stars, she really just said that out loud. Insinuating that Fuzzpaw was indeed her crush. "No! No no no." she hastily added, making a gagging noise, as if she were hacking up the biggest furball alive, "He's basically my brother." she hissed reaching out to cuff her friend on the ear, but there was a playful gleam in her eyes. Sleepypaw groomed her chest fur flat and huffed. Fuzzpaw? That guy? "Plus. A cats gotta have her standards. I'd rather kiss your weasel." the apprentice drawled.

Internally addressing who she actually had a crush on was not something she had sat down and thought about for some time. While her feelings were very, very real, she didn't have time to think about whether or not she would/should express her feelings. But when the 'who' she was crushing on had such a knack for interrogation, well it was safe to say Sleepypaw was feeling like a cornered mouse. She had debated whether or not she should lie and say it was someone else. Maybe she could say Shadepaw, yeah, that could be believable. But then she'd have to explain to Shadepaw why she suddenly has a crush on her when they've never really interacted much. Ugh. That seemed like a nightmare of a conversation.

Might as well get it over with. Right? Sleepypaw turned towards her friend and gave Russetpaw her best serious expression before clearing her throat, "I like you." What's the worst Russetpaw could say?

"speech."

Reqs:

SLEEPYHOLLOW
STAGPAW
WEAVER
Thunderclan
T3 Medicine Cat
Riverclan
T3 Warrior
Windclan
T5 Warrior
Shadowclan
Apprentice
Loner
Kitten
Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: you're the summer to my december [c]   you're the summer to my december [c] EmptyTue 13 Dec 2022 - 18:01

ooc: russ is the ultimate friendzone

”BAHAHA-“ Russetpaw legitimately fell over from sheer force of laughter. “I KNEW IT! I- wait, hold on a second, he isn’t my weasel! He’s my rival and I’m gonna slam his jaw inta the ground, if that’s whatcha mean- but nah, he’s mean an’ snarky an’ so patronizing I could just- ugh!” She thrummed her paws against the ground in frustration, ear flicking in annoyance. He was so aggravating! It made her blood boil just being near him! Oh stars she was gonna train and train and train until she could hand him his tail, stars see if she didn’t. Weaselfoot Shmeaselfoot. What were some good insults for him… Footweasel? Heh, actually kinda humorous. Stoatpaw? Nah, he’d find a way to insult her intelligence if she called him that. Dirtfoot? Too generic, not specific enough.

“I love ya too,” she said absentmindedly, sprawled on her back, clearly not reading into the other she-cat’s statement. “What do you think about Feasiblefoot? I don’t think it’s funny enough…” Ugh, the way he occupied her thoughts with such ease- Gah- she’d barely even mentioned him and he’d suddenly distracted him from her conversation with her practically-a-sister, filling her with irritation and annoyance. “What a pain in the tail, that one… anyways, what were ya sayin’?” Russet-tipped ears pricked as she looked back towards Sleepypaw, face perfectly innocent and curious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: you're the summer to my december [c]   you're the summer to my december [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

you're the summer to my december [c]
Page 1 of 1