Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

I'm Not Ready [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1429

I'm Not Ready [c] Empty
PostSubject: I'm Not Ready [c]   I'm Not Ready [c] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 2:43 am

Sandypaw
Riverclan Camp

There wasn’t just Dovesight’s death to deal with anymore. Two of her littermates were gone as well. Rowanpaw lost to the twolegs, and Olivepaw unaccounted for. It was very likely she would never see her brother and sister again. Three beloved cats gone forever… Not to mention this new life she had to lead without fail.

Sandypaw shook her head, too tired to think about it any longer. She had more immediate things to worry about, like receiving her new name. The apprentice panicked when imagining it. She’d officially be the next medicine cat of Riverclan, solely responsible for offering wisdom and healing all. She tried to take a deep breath, but it only rattled with fear.

I can’t do this…
You have to.

She barely splashed through the watery camp, keeping her pawsteps small and tucked in. Wide, turtle-green eyes searched for the molly whose irises matched. “Mama?” she mumbled to the deputy, seeking her attention yet shying away. Sandypaw wasn’t ecstatic to admit she wasn’t ready.

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4; Rogue T1
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2983

I'm Not Ready [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ready [c]   I'm Not Ready [c] EmptyWed Dec 07, 2022 11:22 pm

Poppyshine

Simply put, everything was stressful and agonizing right now. RiverClan had missing cats, including two of Poppyshine’s children. They were gone, either directly from the twolegs or, potentially, from something else. Reedpaw had been missing since the initial flood here at camp, where the water had not quite dried out. Dovesight…oh, poor Dovesight. She was gone now too, permanently, having succumbed to a disease. There was nothing that Sandypaw could have done, and Poppyshine did not blame her for being unable to save Dovesight. She wasn’t sure that even Dovesight could have saved herself from the disease. But that didn’t mean that Sandypaw was taking it alright, and the loss of her siblings on top of that only made it worse. Stars, it was terrible for Poppyshine as well.

Yet, despite how awful it all was, Poppyshine found herself strangely calm. She was not happy, by any means, and she was still upset and mourning. Every so often she needed to have a quick cry, by otherwise, she was working hard to focus on her clan and ensure that camp was being taken care of.

Her daughter’s voice caught her attention and she turned back towards her. Poppyshine smiled. It was not her unending brightness as usual, not with the tragedy that had befallen them, but it was kind of quiet smile that provided reassuring warmth. “Hi sweetheart,” she purred. She met Sandypaw halfway and licked the top of her head. “How are you doing? Do you need help with anything? Do you have enough herbs in the den?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat

I'm Not Ready [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ready [c]   I'm Not Ready [c] EmptyFri Dec 09, 2022 3:06 pm

Sandypaw
Riverclan Camp

Poppyshine seemed so calm. Why can’t I be like that… Ugh, I’m so sensitive! Sandypaw leaned into her mother’s loving lick and warm smile, a bit bitter she needed the comfort. “I’m fine,” she understated, hoping to come off as tough as the deputy, “I’m just… a bit nervous to earn my full name.” She kept her gaze low, “What if… what if Starclan doesn’t think I’m good enough?”

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp; [R]ashoumon
Virgo Tiger

I'm Not Ready [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ready [c]   I'm Not Ready [c] EmptyWed Dec 14, 2022 8:56 pm

Poppyshine

Seeing Sandypaw look so nervous and tinier than usual made Poppyshine’s heart ache. She leaned in close and pressed her forehead against her daughter’s. “Oh Sandy…of course StarClan will think you’re good enough. You’ve been training for so many moons, and you’ve learned a lot. I think you’ve been ready to earn your full name for a while now, but I was not going to push you until you and Dovesight though you were ready.”

She pulled back and flicked her tail in gesture for Sandypaw to come with her. They walked to a slightly more elevated area of the camp, where it was not quite so wet and the grasses that grew out of the sand were pleasant to lie in. Poppyshine waited until they both got settled against the ground and then she laid her tail across Sandypaw’s back.

“Dovesight had the same sort of nerves when I brought her to the Highstones,” Poppyshine rested against Sandypaw and smiled. “She’d always been skittish. You remind me a lot of her when she was younger. And so believe me when I say that those doubts are unfounded. Dovesight was a wonderful medicine cat, and she had to take up the mantle without someone teaching her along the way. She taught you so much while she was alive…I think you’re more than ready, Sandy.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP
#bd1b00
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Cancer Rat

I'm Not Ready [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ready [c]   I'm Not Ready [c] EmptyThu Dec 15, 2022 3:01 am

Sandypaw
Riverclan Camp

It was true, she had spent many moons training for the role. She didn’t want to ever mess up as a medicine cat, so she could compensate for her fear of warriorhood. If she wasn’t good at her job, what was she good for? I need to be perfect. But I'm not, so I can't be ready.

Sandypaw followed out of the marsh anxiously. It was still scary to wonder if Starclan differed from Poppyshine’s opinion. But at least the deputy wasn’t disappointed in her for being unprepared. She had to admit, the support helped a bit. If the deputy is confident in me, then I'm not doing all that bad, right? She lay against her mother, wishing to gage the same feeling that her mentor’s company gave. What a silly little cat she was. Of course her mother would always have faith in her. Sandypaw felt okay for a few seconds knowing she was still loved, but then Poppyshine began to speak about her.

Suddenly she found herself overwhelmed. She wouldn’t let herself cry, but the wobble in her voice couldn’t be stopped. “I miss her,” she murmured after hiding her face in Poppyshine’s pelt. She hated herself for feeling this way. There isn't time to be sad! she sternly reminded herself. There were so many more important duties to complete instead, like earning her full name.

Sandypaw removed herself from Poppyshine. “Mama,” she began softly after pawing her eyes dry, “Can you take me to Highstones?” She stood and shuffled her paws. “Please?”

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

I'm Not Ready [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Not Ready [c]   I'm Not Ready [c] EmptySun Dec 18, 2022 2:41 pm

Poppyshine

Poppyshine’s heart twisted at seeing her daughter cry. She could not blame her. Her own heart twisted when she thought too long about Dovesight, and there were the occasional moments of tears that overtook her. Seeing her daughter cry did not make her think any less of the young apprentice, and she just pressed against her as Sandypaw temporarily hid against her pelt. “I miss her too,” she whispered.

She watched Sandypaw and listened to her soft request. It squeezed Poppyshine’s heart and she wanted to gather her daughter up against her all over again. Poppyshine replied, “Of course I can, sweetheart. I would be happy to.” She leaned in and pressed her forehead to Sandypaw’s to comfort her. “I’m honored that you would ask me.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
RashoumonT1 Rogue
??HP/???SP