Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

long overdue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

long overdue Empty
PostSubject: long overdue   long overdue EmptySat 3 Dec 2022 - 6:51

The sun was just peeking over the horizon, bathing the moor in its warm golden light- driving away the chill from the brisk wind that swept over the grasses. It was too early, far too early for Russetpaw to be up- and yet she was, not running over the moor as she always did. There was no excited chatter floating over the breeze, no comically-serious stare as she hunted a rabbit, no gales of laughter washing over the moor.

This was long overdue.

Russetpaw stood in a small hollow, not far from camp and protected from the worst of the wind. Here, the sun had not yet risen. At her paws was a pitiful collection of small objects- a scrap of golden grass, a surprisingly large rabbit skull, the season’s last beautiful flowers. Not much- but it was all the young she-cat had.

“Hey…” she began, almost awkwardly, speaking only to the moor-grass around her and the stars slowly disappearing overhead. “Sorry I didn’t get around ta this, earlier… Sleepypaw- that’s my bestest friend, Sleepypaw- gave me this idea… but with all the craziness, I jus’ wasn’t able ta get out, and I didn’t wanna do this with anyone else here… ya know.”

With a sigh, the red-pelted apprentice sat down, wrapping her tail around her paws. “I- I really miss ya. Still. I know its’ been awhile, leastaways for me… but I ain’t forgetting ya. I… I wish you were here. Really. Really badly. Even- even when I’m having fun with my bestest friend and mentor, sometimes somehtin’ will remind me of you… but I know ya wouldn’t want me to skulk around- an’ I won’t, promise! Jus’… just wanted to talk to you, by myself-like. I left ya some things… I dunno if this is rye or not,” she admitted with a small smile. “And I caught this rabbit, all by myself! It was huge! And I found some flowers… pretty ones. Silverwing- that’s my mentor, she’s the best- said they’re probably the last of the season. Isn’t that cool?”

For a few minutes, Russetpaw simply stood there, feeling the wind rustle the grass around her. “I’d best be going,” she said at last, turning to leave, “but I just wanted ya to know I haven’t forgotten ya. G-goodbye…”

A single bound brought her to the top of the rise, the morning light silhouetting her against the sunrise, an apprentice, soon-to-be-a-warrior, the same cat who had mourned her brother’s death, yet different. It was with a lighter heart that Russetpaw headed back to Fourtrees, with a skip in her step, as if she’d completed some business long overdue.
Back to top Go down

long overdue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory-
Jump to: