Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

you have to start somewhere [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

you have to start somewhere [c] Empty
PostSubject: you have to start somewhere [c]   you have to start somewhere [c] EmptySat 26 Nov 2022 - 22:14

Lightningkit was running across the clearing from place to place when she spotted something out of the ordinary at the edges of her vision. It was weird to say out of the ordinary, because nothing that had happened lately was really ordinary, but she'd accepted all of it rather quickly- even the parts she didn't really understand.

But this she really didn't understand. A kit- maybe her age, or a little older or younger, she couldn't really tell- was cowering, away from all the other cats. What was there to be afraid of? There was a wide open space to play around in, and lots of new friends to make all over the place. He kept to the edges of the space she'd come to realize belonged to her group- SkyClan- and he looked sort of familiar, so she guessed he was one of theirs. Not that it really mattered when everyone was all together anyway (as much as the older cats seemed to like pretending it did), but it was something she could at least recognize about him.

"What's up with you?" she asked. "Can't come up with a reason why you'd be alone over here... Did you see a ghost or somethin'? You sure look spooked."

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo
Number of posts : 7377

PostSubject: Re: you have to start somewhere [c]   you have to start somewhere [c] EmptySat 26 Nov 2022 - 22:26

It was one of the worst days of Creamkit's life. It had started like all of the others but Blackbear had shaken him off of her, grumbling something about how he would have to get used to her not always being there and made him stay behind while she went off to stretch her legs. His paws had ached not to chase after her, fear gripping at his chest but he had listened to her. He had retreated to a safe spot away from cats, curled up on his own as he tried to fight down the terror that was rising within him.

What if his mom didn't come back? He didn't want to be alone again, he felt safe when she was around! A whimper escaped him as he drew even closer onto himself, gaze focused on his paws. He was so lost in his own thoughts and terrors that he didn't even realize that anybody had approached until the other cat had spoken. A yelp of surprised escaped him as he jumped, scrambling backwards a few steps before he realized it was another kitten. Oh. Um... He slowly sank back into a crouch, remaining on guard but he guess another kitten wasn't...So scary. He was terrified of the older cats without his mom around but...

"...M-My momma went out for a walk," he managed, his voice squeaking a little as he pulled his tail close around him. "I...I-I don't like being alone without her. She makes me feel safe and I-I fear I won't..." he drifted off, shaking his head. This kitten was...Familiar - another SkyClan kit, right? Blackbear had explained the Clans a bit to him, but was clear in that SkyClan was his home and they were safe. Slowly, he started to loosen up a bit but kept a wary eye on the kit. "...I-I just don't like knowing where she is," he finally added, not wanting to voice his true terror that she would leave him behind and never come back.

you have to start somewhere [c] ABC-Gang-Acornstar-2
Acornstar ~ Badgermask ~ Creamsky ~ Duckpaw ~ Eveningmoon
TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
Rosybrown (Forest)/Sandybrown (Feral) ~ Indigo ~ Tan ~ Olive ~ Icyblue
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: you have to start somewhere [c]   you have to start somewhere [c] EmptySat 26 Nov 2022 - 22:41

This kit was certainly strange, nervous and shaking as he was. She'd seen cornered mice less nervous than him.

His mother had just gone for a walk? Hers did sometimes, with or without her father, with a reminder to behave herself (like she ever really listened to that) and that she'd be back soon. She didn't really get the reaction, but- even if she didn't understand it, it was obviously real, and the other kit seemed pretty distressed.

"So, you don't feel safe when she's not around?"

She paused, tapping one paw on the ground as she thought. She didn't understand what it was he was going through, but she wanted to help anyway; and there was no one to ask for advice. Nothing to rely on except her own instincts. Well, they'd never steered her wrong before- except for that one time with the tree, and that other time with the other tree, and... Well. They hadn't steered her wrong often, anyway, and she wasn't entirely sure she'd been wrong those other times since no one ever let her finish explaining her ideas before the lectures started.

"I guess I'll just stick around while we wait for her to come back, n' we'll find something fun to do! So what's your name? Mine's Lightning... kit, I guess. But Lightning's the important part!"

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Characters : Current: Acornstar, Badgermask, Creamsky, Duckpaw, Eveningmoon - Old: Badgerfang, Silentherb, Stormstar, Stormeye, Twistedfoot, Badgerpaw, Nightcloud, Maplestar, Honeypaw, Bearmask, Ryefur, Owlheart, Morningpaw, Creamstorm, Smokeheart, Badgerpaw, Cinderpaw, Elmpaw, Stormpaw, Larksong, Amberpelt, Lionspark, Smokestripe, Mottleheart, Storm that Lights the Clouds, Leopardpaw, Honeytongue, Foxfire, Flintshard, Hayglow, Muddyleap, Theron
Clan/Rank : [A]ThunderClan T5 Leader [B] ShadowClan T5 Warrior [C] SkyClan T5 Warrior [D] RiverClan Apprentice [E] WindClan T2 Warrior
Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: you have to start somewhere [c]   you have to start somewhere [c] EmptyMon 28 Nov 2022 - 10:40

Creamkit could only manage a meek nod at her question - supposing it was the truth of it all. He was scared of everybody without his mom around, she was just so big and could protect him an-and he didn't know what he would do if she left him! He curled in a little more on himself at that through, before he jolted a little as the kit went on and introduced herself.

S-She was...? His eyes widen as he looked up at her, mouth opening and closing as he tried to think of how to even respond to that. Why was she going to...? H-He hadn't really played with other kits before, he didn't know how to act o-or anything! "C-Creamkit," he managed, curling his puffed tail around his side as he kept a wary eye on her. "Momma named me Creamkit."

There was a pause as he laid there, before his ears slicked back with a soft sigh. "I-I dunno if I am good... I-I never really did anything with other kits - I-I don't know how to..." He drifted off, trying to figure out what he was even aiming for. Was he trying to get her to go away? ...No, he didn't think so - even if she wasn't Blackbear, it felt nice that she at least was gonna try to stick with him but...

He had seen the other kits playing with each other, laughing and having a good time. He wasn't sure he could offer that - wouldn't she just get bored of him and leave?

TC T5 Leader (80 HP - 170 SP) ~ SC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ SkC T5 Warrior (70 HP - 160 SP) ~ RC Apprentice (20 HP - 60 SP)~ WC T2 Warrior (35 HP - 70 SP*)
*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: you have to start somewhere [c]   you have to start somewhere [c] EmptyMon 28 Nov 2022 - 15:37

"Creamkit, huh?" Lightningkit looked him over, nodding slowly. He was remarkably cream-colored, so she was pretty sure that was a good name. Not that she knew anything about what made names good or bad, really- she mostly knew hers and her family's names, and those were good, but the rest? She wasn't sure if they were, or why they wouldn't be. "Cool!"

The golden-furred kit tilted her head slightly. "I thought maybe I'd find ghosts or somethin' when I came over here, but I guess you wouldn't wanna look for those... Bet they'd be pretty spooky if we found some!"

She tapped her paws again as he talked about not being sure if he'd be good at it- good at what? They hadn't even decided on anything yet. But if he was worried about being bad at it, then... "Well, what do you like to do? You gotta do somethin' for fun, right? I like moss-ball, and I like running- but if you'd rather do somethin' else, then we'll do that instead! I usually do those things by myself, anyway... I guess you're supposed to play moss-ball with more than one cat, but I don't know about running. Anyway, we can do whatever you want- that way you'll definitely have fun!"

She wasn't entirely sure what was driving her to stick with this, but- something was. She had decided this kit was going to be her friend, and she was going to make sure of it, even if she didn't know why.

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: you have to start somewhere [c]   you have to start somewhere [c] EmptyThu 1 Dec 2022 - 11:15

G-Ghosts? Like...StarClan? Dead cats? Creamkit paled a little at the idea that somehow Lightningkit thought there would be ghosts - w-why did she think there would be ghosts? He could only meekly nod his head at her musing that he wouldn't want to look at them, before she posed the question of what did he like to do. What did...? Um... His gaze fell onto his paws, shuffling the dirt beneath his paws as he thought about it. He...He normally just hung out with his momma minus when she would take him out and... "W-Well my momma was teaching me stuff like...Well, I guess I like climbing things," he admitted with a soft shrug of his shoulders. "She said it was an important thing for us to know, how to climb trees so she taught me early - an-and the basic of hunting but I like climbing more. Sitting in the low branches with her is fun! ...Not very good at moving from branch to branch thought, that's scary," he admitted in a low tone.

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: you have to start somewhere [c]   you have to start somewhere [c] EmptyThu 1 Dec 2022 - 11:56

"Wow, really? I wish my mama would teach me how to climb trees!" Lightningkit exclaimed, tail twitching excitedly as she shifted her weight from one side to the other; physically unable to keep perfectly still. "My big bro's taught me a little bit about hunting and fighting and a tiiiiny bit of climbing, but not a lot 'cause he's so busy all the time with training stuff. Mama won't teach me how to climb 'cause I keep trying to do it by myself- she says it's dangerous and not safe, but I'm pretty sure it'd be more safe if she taught me how, right?"

She listened as Creamkit talked about his experiences, and- wow! He might be easily spooked, but he'd gotten further than she had. "Betcha you'll get there just fine! I can't even get up to the branches- not 'cause I can't, but that's when mama usually notices." Her ears flattened briefly before perking up again. "Big bro says I shouldn't let it bother me too much, she's just worried 'cause I'm still small, but- it's so booooring! I can't hunt or fight or climb things, can't leave this place," she gestured around them to Fourtrees with her tail, "supposed to stay in this one tiny bit of it... Feels like I can't do anything without a lecture." She made a face, whiskers twitching, then grinned again. "Your mama sounds way cool, though- 's stuff we're supposed to learn when we're apprentices, right?"

Then, remembering what they were supposed to be doing- finding a way to occupy themselves while waiting- she jumped up without warning. "So, are you gonna show me somethin'?"

Back to top Go down
Honey Badger
Former Staff
Former Staff
Honey Badger

Gemini Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: you have to start somewhere [c]   you have to start somewhere [c] EmptyThu 1 Dec 2022 - 12:32

Creamkit blinked in surprise at Lightningkit's awe, feeling a rush of confusion at it. Was...Was what his momma doing with him weird? She always made it seem like it was stuff he should have already known. But...I guess thinking on it, it was just how Blackbear was. Gruff but caring, was it weird that she wanted him to be prepared already? "I...Guess she is cool?" he finally meowed with a tilt of his head, still dwelling on it. "She always seems to want me to be ready t-to fend for myself," he admitted, before his ears slicked back a little. "...I-I guess she doesn't want me to follow her forever even if I-I feel safe with her..." He however was snapped out of his thoughts when Lightningkit was suddenly on her paws, asking to be shown something. "U-Uh..." He blinked as he tried to think about it. Well...Climbing wasn't allowed, was it? He hadn't considered the fact that his momma always led him away from the clearing for the lessons but maybe it wouldn't be wise to get into trouble. "I-I could show you what my momma taught me about...Hunting I guess?" he offered up with a shrug of his shoulders.

*Disadvantage Stats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: you have to start somewhere [c]   you have to start somewhere [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

you have to start somewhere [c]
Page 1 of 1