Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Restless Soul [OPEN]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cocoa

cocoa

Number of posts : 2302

Restless Soul [OPEN] Empty
PostSubject: Restless Soul [OPEN]   Restless Soul [OPEN] EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 1:28 am

Ooc: A still needs a battle req but that isn’t required if you want to enter this topic, just a suggestion :D also it’s been a while- if I made any mistakes don’t hesitate to PM me!

The wind whistled wildly from the west, stampeding up the alleyways like a rabid animal. A chill settled over every nook and cranny. Even if one could escape the keening wind, only fat kittypets in their heated houses could stave off the cold. It wasn’t the sort of weather anyone would be expected to be out in- but it was dusk, the perfect time for a tom whose coat was the color of flickering shadows to hunt.

A silver wraith, a shimmering shadow- Astraeus flitted from cover to cover, utilizing the eerie half-shade that hung over the land like a shroud. Nothing was definite in this wavering light- there were no sharp edges or harsh colors, all dulled by the grey haze of twilight.

In a land of indistinct figures, Astraeus blended right in, silver and grey matching the shadows and shade. His nose to the ground, he followed the faint scent of a rat- a nursing mother, by the scent of it. In this oncoming chill, she wouldn’t have made it anyways.

Tail twitching, his sharp hawk’s eyes caught sight of a scurrying shape. There. The ShadowClan blood that ran in his veins made his night vision near as sharp as his sight during the day, and so he did not hesitate to hone in on the unsuspecting rodent. This wasn’t practice, like it had been all those moons ago. This was food.

He settled onto his haunches, then crouched, as still and as silent as an owl on the wing. Invisible amidst the shifting shadows, his keen yellow eyes locked onto the rat, still scuffling in the trash.

Then he sprung.

SkyClan blood lifted him forwards in a perfect arc, teeth connecting with the rat’s scruff. The tom shook the rodent before throwing it at the wall, where it fell in a crumpled heap. There. A meal. He leapt forwards, just in case it had somehow survived, and carefully sniffed at it. No sign of infection or poison- he took a quick nibble, then another, speedily gulping down the entire thing. It was fatter than any rat he’d seen in a long time- and it had been a nursing mother. Maybe he could track down her kits…

The silvery tom opened his maw and sniffed in the air, searching for the rat’s scent trail. His shiny fur neatly concealed his skinny frame, but some tiredness showed in the droop of his ears. Not now, though- now he was all eagerness, looking forwards to a good meal. Yet, instead of the scent of prey hitting his nostrils, there was the scent of cat.

Rolling to hunt a rat, disadvantaged penalty active. Roll was a success.

Last edited by Cocoa on Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Restless Soul [OPEN]   Restless Soul [OPEN] EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 1:28 am

The member 'Cocoa' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

Restless Soul [OPEN] Mistpe10
Restless Soul [OPEN] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2194

PostSubject: Re: Restless Soul [OPEN]   Restless Soul [OPEN] EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 4:33 am

SkyClan Warrior

CRIMSONFLAME
Crimsonflame couldn't say what had driven him back to twolegplace. Maybe he was hoping to find Hyacinth, like he had that one time all those moons ago. She had been there. And she had still loved him, knowing he was with SkyClan now. She was still his mother. Maybe if he could see her again, she could fill the hole that had been left in his heart. Maybe she could teach him how to handle the loss of his kit. Of the she-cat he had loved. Maybe she could at least heal some of the pain. Take him in her arms and lick the top of his head. Wipe away his tears as if he were a kit again.

Instead, he saw a different ghost from his past. This wasn't necessarily a cat he could cry to, not without being ridiculed, but still, it was a friendly face. He could use more of those.

"I must be seeing things, cuz it looks like I've found myself another ghost. And here I thought you were dead, Astraeus. You definitely look like you just crawled from the grave, too."

Crimsonflame stepped into the light of a street lamp, giving his brother a once over. "Does mom know you're back? You have gone to see her, right? You know she thinks you're dead? So did me and Thist- er, Achelois. You know we're the last ones left? Ares, Atalante, Aoife, everyone, they're gone. So is dad, and Tarot left too. All this time.... where have you been?"

He originally thought seeing his brother would be a good thing, but as he spoke, so many emotions were coming up. Shock, anger, grief. So many moons Astraeus had been gone, and there were so many questions. There was so much he didn't understand. What had happened?

Restless Soul [OPEN] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Restless Soul [OPEN]   Restless Soul [OPEN] EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 1:11 pm

It was the scent of cat, aye, but there was something eerily familiar about it that tugged at the edges of his memory. Astraeus mentally judged the distance between himself and the top of a nearby dumpster- from there he’d probably be able to make it to the top of that low wall- he slunk back into the shadows, yellow hawk’s eyes glowing in the light of the streetlight, poised to run like a cornered beast.

But it seemed he wouldn’t have to.

A slow, warm grin spread over Astraeus’ face. Older, yes, more scarred than he’d left him, but Aether’s remained the only pelt like that he’d ever come across. He also looked well-fed, even maybe chubby by Astraeus’ standards- which maybe weren’t the best to judge other cats by, seeing as how anything better than starving was an automatic A+. Just crawled from the grave? Astraeus let out a low snort at Aether’s joke, tail tip twitching playfully. Shades only knew how he’d gotten so plump in these alleys- maybe he was a kittypet, one of those outdoor ones? The harsh wind was blowing towards Aether- not even the stench of Twoleg would’ve reached Astraeus’ nose.

Genuine excitement and fondness flooded through him- but Aether kept talking, and so Astraeus listened.

Wait.

He was back?

That explained a lot.

That was why both the rat he’d killed and Aether were well-fed and strong. He’d forgotten, almost, what good food and shelter at night could do to a cat.

His siblings? All gone? Something mournful keened deep within his soul, but he’d been so long away that their pelts and names and faces had all blended together. Any grief he might’ve felt was overridden by the relief at the news of the death of his father- rather, the creature with his father’s face, that denier of the natural order of things.

Astraeus listened for as long as he could out of respect for his brother, but as soon as Aether was finished talking he rushed forwards with a playful flick of his tail, bowling over the other tom in a warm embrace and giving him a good lick on the ear.

“I didn’t even know I was back, Aether,” he mewed affectionately, slinging a paw around the other’s shoulders. “I’ve been here, and there, and everywhere, but nowhere pleasant. It’s a great relief to be back in the territories, though. CloudyClan still doing well?” He asked playfully, withholding a snicker. “And how the shades are you doing so well with winter- ahem, leaf-bare coming on? You and Achelois must be better hunters than you ever let on to me.”

He glossed over the news of his dead siblings like a swan on a frozen lake. Later, it would sting, nibble away at his insides like a maggot, but the wound would heal, and all the better for being ignored. Aether’s slip-up wasn’t lost on a tom who had spent the majority of his life fending for himself, but he didn’t draw attention to it. Achelois had apparently joined a Clan, and Aether probably had too- now that he was up close he could scent trees and squirrels on his brother’s pelt, and certainly Aether alone couldn’t keep himself so well fed. He wondered idly if they were happy there.

No matter.
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Restless Soul [OPEN]   Restless Soul [OPEN] EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 6:29 pm

SkyClan Warrior

CRIMSONFLAME
Crimsonflame let out a gasp of shock as he was bowled over, wondering for a moment if he had somehow angered his brother. But no, Astraeus was laughing. And so Crimsonflame laughed right along with him.

"You would not believe how CloudyClan was doing if I told you. I actually helped overthrow the leader at the time. You remember Bloodstar? Yup, got rid of him. And I have a kit too. He's growing up pretty well, so long as he stays away from those porcupines. You should come back with me! It's really nice there. The new leader, Briarstar, she is really kind. She makes sure I know I have a home there. And we all look out for each other, too. It's almost like the Order, except they won't let you starve if you can't hunt. Or you can join ThunderClan with Achelois. She's actually the deputy there now! Stars, I'm so glad you're back Astraeus. We've really missed you. Being alone for so long was like torture, especially after-..."

He cut off, jaw tightening as he almost mentioned her. That was not something he needed to put on his brother. Not now.

"I'm just so glad you're back."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Restless Soul [OPEN]   Restless Soul [OPEN] EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 7:15 pm

Astraeus let out an amused chuff, his breath showing for a moment in the chilled air. “You got rid of Bulgingstar? Little ol’ you took on that enormous fat ol’ tom?” He couldn’t recall if he’d ever actually seen the SkyClan leader in person, but he’d certainly heard enough stories. Enormous and ill-tempered, reportedly stained with blood from all the enemies he’d killed… Astraeus was skeptical, but when was he not? This, however, might be a situation in which his skepticism would be justified- sure, Aether was strong and well-fed from moons upon moons of good food and warm rest, but he was still just Aether, that daft tom who had snuck into the Gathering so many moons ago. Aetherpaw- Astraeus let out a snort at the memory.

“You have a son? You? And- you ended up in CloudyClan?” Astraeus leaned his head back and laughed, a joyous sound he hadn’t heard in moons. “The irony of it all- if they called you Aetherpaw I shall laugh my heart out. Ah, you remember that Gathering, Aetherpaw? That poor Clanner that caught us was so confused- but I’m glad Briarstar is treating you well,” he purred.

As Aether continued, Astraeus’ keen wit foresaw where his brother was heading with this. He filed away the information about Achelois for future use, though not without a spark of surprise- she was leader-in-training? He hadn’t been as close to her… but he hadn’t seen any leadership qualities in the young molly. Apparently ThunderClan was open to loners joining its ranks- that might come in handy later. As his brother started to get slightly emotional, Astraeus was already thinking a mile a minute.

There was absolutely no way he was getting tangled up in the Clans. He was fond of Aether, yes, and glad to see him, but it was a shallow sort of fondness, typical of the silvery tom. Maybe, moons ago, he would’ve sobbed into his only remaining brother’s fur at the mention of his deceased siblings… but time heals all wounds, and forestalls others.

His ears twitched with interest as Aether cut himself off. There was something there- perhaps some bitterness over Achelois being in a different Clan? Yet he’d spoken of her without a single twinge of feeling on his open face- maybe the loss of a kit… or perhaps his kits’ mother. He hadn’t mentioned her. Likely one of those, or perhaps just a close friend, or maybe the loss of one of their siblings had hit him harder than it seemed at first. Or maybe Hyacinth-

Astraeus cut off that train of thought, blinking happily at his brother. “I’m glad to be back, too- it’s been moons since I had a decent meal. Tell me about this son of yours- and how under the sky did you defeat Bullheadedstar?”

Maybe that joke would soar over his brother’s head- had he even heard of a bull, living as he did in these sheltered Clans? Hopefully Aether wouldn’t try to drag him back to Cl-SkyClan, goodness, the joke had apparently engrained itself in his brain.

Astraeus, though outwardly focused on his brother, was alert, ears twitching at every noise and eyes darting back and forth like a nervous prey animal. That’s what he had been, for a long time… but no longer. He’d regain his strength here, in the territories- on his own, as he had always been.
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Restless Soul [OPEN]   Restless Soul [OPEN] EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 7:38 pm

SkyClan Warrior

CRIMSONFLAME
Crimsonflame couldn't help but snort. "I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm not all that tiny anymore. I'm not the same kit I was when you left. I've grown up. I've learned to take care of myself. Maybe a little too well, I guess. And that leader isn't as scary as you might think. Well, to you he might be a bit scary. He definitely is big. A little bigger than even me. And he does look like a monster, too, with how scarred up he is. But he lacks common sense. He tried to go to war because his daughter killed a cat. Everyone in the Clan just about was going up against him. Besides, he always hated me, anyway, and I wasn't too fond of him either. You should have seen it, it was awful. When he reluctantly let me into the Clan, he made himself my mentor. It was honestly hilarious, seeing him so dumbfounded when I was actually able to do things. And no, my name did not end up being Aetherpaw. Nor Nightpaw, although I did train a Nightpaw, nor Brownpaw. It's Crimsonflame now. And Achelois is Thistlemask."

Although he couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of that gathering. It was still weird, going to gatherings knowing he had done that all those moons ago.

"Asterpaw is my son's name. I had another one, Bristlingkit, but he was very weak. I met their mother here, actually. In Twolegplace. She sheltered me when I needed it. But she didn't want to take care of the kits. It was a...... a good friend of mine that helped me raise them. The most wonderful she-cat you would ever meet. She took care of me, too. Kept me in line. Hard to tell what kind of anger-hardened cat you would be meeting if I hadn't had her."

Stars, the conversation always seemed to go right back to Frostbite, didn't it? For a moment, he squeezed his eyes shut, trying to force her memory down as his claws dug into the concrete below him. It still hurt, so much, not having her beside him.

But Astraeus was here now. That was who he needed to focus on now.

"It's been a hard leaffall. For everyone. Guessing the same can be said for you, too. You know, we have some fresh kill back at our camp, if you wanted to grab a bite. I'll take the blow if Briarstar isn't happy with it, my family is still important to me after all."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
cocoa

cocoa

PostSubject: Re: Restless Soul [OPEN]   Restless Soul [OPEN] EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 7:59 pm

Astraeus gave his brother an appraising glance. Aether was maybe a bit taller, much more well-built and far less skinny- though at least Astraeus’ thick pelt concealed the ribs that would’ve otherwise been showing through a shorter pelt. He’d had closer passes with Death, but he wasn’t about to deny that he wasn’t in the best shape at the moment- though he wouldn’t exactly admit to it, either. In a fight, Aether would probably win- oh, and wasn’t that a funny thought.

Hey,” he protested at his brother’s light tease. “I’ve seen scarier things than Bloodstar.” Murder and death and starvation- the sounds and lights of the true city- and the enormous metal birds that swallowed up Twolegs in their vast maws only to vomit them forth again once they landed- yet the most terrifying, unnerving, outright horrible thing he had ever seen had been what was left of his father- a crime against the natural order of things, an abhorrent creature of malice.

He went to war because his daughter killed a cat? Astraeus knitted his brows. He certainly wasn’t getting the full picture from Aether, but it would be hard to find reasonable justification for this tom’s actions. Ah, shades, this was why his way was the best. Staying away from danger, from being caught up in the current and tied down to others, forced to risk everything for another. At least on his own, he’d never die in vain.

“Crimsonflame?” Astraeus tried out the word, flicking his tail. “Imaginative, aren’t they,” he commented dryly, casting a glance at his brother’s crimson-brown pelt. “And Thistlemask- that sounds painful, eh? It seems poor Achelois has gained some unwanted facial adornment since I saw her last.”

He listened in silence, flicking his tail against his brother’s flank in reassurance as Aether opened up about someone… a dear friend, he had said. Surely the cat he’d hesitated about earlier, yet not the mother of his kits? Ah… here it came, the invitation he’d have to refuse. He could fend for himself in the city- he could surely fend for himself in the bountiful territories. There were only a few more things left to be said.

“I can hunt for myself, though thanks for the offer,” he purred. “Seasons are hard to tell in the city- er, Twolegplace, but there’s never enough to go around. I wouldn’t want to get you in any sort of trouble- but if you would lead the way back to the territories? There are plenty of good hunting grounds away from the prying eyes of overzealous Clanners.”

Astraeus stood, ready to follow his brother, ears pricked. The harsh wind had died down a bit, but if he wanted to find a warm shelter soon they’d have to get moving. His mouth watered slightly at the thought of all the prey found in the forests, rivers, and marshes. He wouldn’t accept prey from SkyClan unless his life depended on it- hopefully he’d let his brother down gently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Restless Soul [OPEN]   Restless Soul [OPEN] Empty

Back to top Go down

Restless Soul [OPEN]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Twolegplace-
Jump to: