Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A Three-Winged Owl! [closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1245

A Three-Winged Owl! [closed] Empty
PostSubject: A Three-Winged Owl! [closed]   A Three-Winged Owl! [closed] EmptyMon 3 Oct 2022 - 19:08

Blazefang and Brackenwing were nowhere to be seen, and Silverwing was getting a distinct feeling of boredom. Since her two favorite cats were missing from camp, it was time to make it  someone else's problem. One cat stood out to her among all others in camp, a warrior that she had always seen around camp but never interacted with, and never really saw him interact with others now that she thought about it. Slowly, she made her way towards him, stopping just in front of him. "Smallbean says you and I need to go out on a patrol!" she mewed cheerily. If he had payed any attention to her before, he would know she was lying. "Since we're going on a patrol together, we should introduce ourselves, I'm Silverwing." She waited eagerly for the tom's response, tail lashing side to side in anticipation.
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: A Three-Winged Owl! [closed]   A Three-Winged Owl! [closed] EmptySun 23 Oct 2022 - 16:05

There was a bit of chill in the air as Owlshade lay curled near the edge of the camp, where he'd been since he woke up a short while ago. He didn't have any plans for the day, maybe a hunt or something, perhaps he could get away for some alone time... except... apparently that would now involve the she-cat who approached him suddenly.

Owlshade hadn't heard Smallbean assign him a patrol, but then again, it was always possible it had changed, and what motive would she have for lying? Without complaint, he stretched his forelegs out and climbed to his paws, turning to slick down some errant fur on his shoulder. "Okay, then. Nice to meet you, Silverwing... I'm Owlshade." He let her lead the way out of camp. "I think I've seen you around with my sister - Brackenwing?"
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

PostSubject: Re: A Three-Winged Owl! [closed]   A Three-Winged Owl! [closed] EmptyFri 28 Oct 2022 - 11:03

A smile brightened her face as the tom in front of her agreed to the patrol. She doubted that he had even payed attention when patrols were being assigned, and it turned out she was correct! "It's very nice to meet you, Owlshade! Let's see who can catch the juiciest prey, winner can ask a favor of the other, alright?" With the stakes set, Silverwing lead them out of camp and into Windclan's territory. Getting him out of camp had been the easy part, but now she had to find a way to get him interested in her. Things had been so easy with Brackenwing, she had a motive when they had first met, but making a friend on the fly was completely new to her. As she deliberated on how to start the conversation, Owlshade spoke up. "Wait, you're Brackenwing's brother?" Stopping where she was, Silverwing turned to Owlshade. "I love Brackenwing! Your sister is super kind, we have a really deep bond too! That's strange though, she doesn't ever talk about you... Or her family in general, I wonder why that is? Regardless, if you're Brackenwing's brother, then we should be friends!" What an interesting development!
Back to top Go down
JJ
Former Staff
Former Staff
JJ

Scorpio Monkey
Number of posts : 1837

PostSubject: Re: A Three-Winged Owl! [closed]   A Three-Winged Owl! [closed] EmptyFri 4 Nov 2022 - 16:29

It didn't surprise him that Silverwing didn't know who he was, and Owlshade wasn't bothered by it, either. He simply bobbed his head in a nod as his eyes searched the moor for prey, and when he found none in the immediate vicinity, he turned back to her. "Yeah, she's great," he murmured earnestly. "We get along well, we're just..." he paused, there, the tip of his tail flickering. "We're just different, you know?" He preferred to stick to his own, whereas Brackenwing had this way of just making others like her.

Owlshade paused, lifting his head to sniff the air. There was the promise of rain on the horizon, which meant most of their prey would be heading for burrows. Undeterred, he pressed through a patch of tall grass, but as soon as he went to put his paw down, it went down, and the tom lost his footing, collapsing into a hole in the ground that he hadn't seen. Panic seized him for a moment before his forepaws found purchase, and he was immediately greeted by the overwhelming scent of rabbit.

They'd stumbled right across a den - and one that was in use, too. As his rear was still on the outside, Owlshade heaved himself backwards and out of the hole. "It's a rabbit burrow," he told Silverwing. "And I think there's something inside. I'll see if I can flush it out - keep an eye." Back into the burrow he went, his shoulders brushing the top of the cave. As his eyes adjusted to the darkness, and the tunnel widened, the pale warrior paused, sensing movement ahead.

Almost as if he'd summoned it by thoughts alone, a rabbit appeared, took one panicked look at him, and attempted to surge past. Owlshade lashed out, his claws hooking the thing's back leg and pulling it towards him for a killing bite. But before he could set his teeth, a second rabbit rushed forward, brushing past him and out the tunnel. "Head's up!" he called, scrambling to keep the one he had in his paws - after a moment of back and forth, he managed to end its panic, and began dragging it outside of the warren.

Last edited by JJ on Fri 4 Nov 2022 - 16:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15033

PostSubject: Re: A Three-Winged Owl! [closed]   A Three-Winged Owl! [closed] EmptyFri 4 Nov 2022 - 16:29

The member 'JJ' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

A Three-Winged Owl! [closed] Mistpe10
A Three-Winged Owl! [closed] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: A Three-Winged Owl! [closed]   A Three-Winged Owl! [closed] EmptyWed 9 Nov 2022 - 15:52

"I don't think you two are all that different." Aside from the physical differences like their fur colors, they seemed incredibly alike. Brackenwing may be a little more sociable than her brother, but to be fair she did have a beautiful, smart, funny, all around amazing friend to help her out with that. All Owlshade needed was for that same friend to help him out, was this his way of asking her to be his friend? Nah, that doesn't sound right, but he's Brackenwing's brother. He doesn't have a choice. Silverwing was a curse on Brackenwing, and that curse would spread to every family member that the older warrior had. Panic filled her as the ground swallowed her companion, but was quickly tossed aside as Silverwing began to giggle at the half of Owlshade that stuck out of the ground. "I wonder what kind of flower you are!" The only answer that she had for emergence was a quick nod, watching as he dove back into the tunnel. A lot of warriors seemed to like doing that, if it was that fun then maybe she should follow him? The tom's warning kept her in place, and soon after a rabbit was barreling into her. At first it looked stunned, but quickly resumed its escape attempt, though failed. Silverwing's paw clamped down on the poor creature, and she sent it to the afterlife with a swift bite. As her fellow bird emerged once more from the tunnel, Silverwing hefted her 'catch' proudly. "Got it!"

Last edited by Romantica on Wed 9 Nov 2022 - 15:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15033

PostSubject: Re: A Three-Winged Owl! [closed]   A Three-Winged Owl! [closed] EmptyWed 9 Nov 2022 - 15:52

The member 'Romantica' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Three-Winged Owl! [closed]   A Three-Winged Owl! [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Three-Winged Owl! [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory-
Jump to: