Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

on the ground (c)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6715

on the ground (c) Empty
PostSubject: on the ground (c)   on the ground (c) EmptySun 25 Sep 2022 - 17:52

Flutterpetal felt the nervousness coursing all through his body, from the tips of his whiskers to his soft black paws that kneaded the ground beneath. He was now in charge of training Snowpaw, whose mentor Hawkheart had recently passed. It would be his first time mentoring another cat. What was he supposed to do? How much had she already learned? Would he be a good enough replacement? Uncharacteristically worried thoughts flitted around his mind as he waited by the camp entrance, knowing that he had already asked the apprentice to meet him there. Calm down, Flutter. You should just ask her, and go from there. It will be okay... You can do this. Just be as good a mentor as Whisperear was. His shaky but still warm smile widened when he saw Snowpaw approaching. He didn't know the she-cat very well yet-- but hopefully, he would soon.

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
Janet

Characters : Snowpaw[S], Burnpaw[B], Cloudkit[C]
Clan/Rank : WindClan/apprentice[S], ShadowClan/Apprentice[B], RiverClan/Kit[C]
Sagittarius Buffalo
Number of posts : 62

on the ground (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: on the ground (c)   on the ground (c) EmptySun 25 Sep 2022 - 19:37

Snowpaw was enthused and nervous at the same time when her new mentor had told her to meet him. Snowpaw forced himself to be excited to start training with Flutterpetal. She was still grieving for her former mentor. Snowpaw knew she needed to give her best to not disappoint her new mentor.
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

on the ground (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: on the ground (c)   on the ground (c) EmptyMon 26 Sep 2022 - 12:17

Snowpaw looked a little bit worried as she approached, and Flutterpetal felt the spike of anxiety drive further through his heart. Hawkheart had recently passed, and he had been her mentor. She must be grieving his loss.... It felt strange to try and take his place while there was still a hole left where he should have been. Anyway-- all he could do was his best. Maybe he could help distract her somewhat. His smile was not the broadest, but it was still sincere and friendly. "Good morning, Snowpaw," he greeted her warmly. "I know that I'm a younger warrior than Hawkheart, but I will do my best to assist in your training however I can. What did he teach you? Is there anything that you still haven't learned, or something you want to practice? Smallbean didn't tell me much." He waited expectantly, a little nervously, his light green eyes meeting those of his apprentice.

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
Janet

Sagittarius Buffalo

on the ground (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: on the ground (c)   on the ground (c) EmptyMon 26 Sep 2022 - 12:43

"Hawkheart wasn't my mentor for long so he just thought me some some basic battle training and how to hunt but I never got good at anything." Snowpaw replied while her head was down and tail on the ground.
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

on the ground (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: on the ground (c)   on the ground (c) EmptySun 2 Oct 2022 - 17:51

Flutterpetal winced slightly at Snowpaw's words. Hawkheart hadn't been her mentor for very long, and even then, he hadn't had much time to teach her. It seemed like he had some work cut out for him. Still-- it wouldn't hurt to be optimistic. All he could do was his best. "That's okay," he said encouragingly. "You still have plenty of time to learn. Why don't we go hunting, so I can see how much you know already, and teach you some tricks?" He smiled at his apprentice, beckoning her with his tail to follow him out of camp.

Back to top Go down
Janet

Sagittarius Buffalo

on the ground (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: on the ground (c)   on the ground (c) EmptySun 2 Oct 2022 - 22:22

Snowpaw hated talking about Hawkheart because it made her sad. "That sounds great." Snowpaw replied in a level tone of voice. "I want to be the best warrior in all the clans!" Snowpaw told Flutterpetal trying to change the subject.
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

on the ground (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: on the ground (c)   on the ground (c) EmptyFri 7 Oct 2022 - 18:58

Flutterpetal nodded. Snowpaw still didn't seem very enthusiastic, but he couldn't blame her... after all, it was difficult to lose a mentor, let alone this early into apprenticeship. Without any further ado, they trekked out into the territory. He was too nervous to enjoy the view of camp from the hills like he normally did. Once they reached a far enough spot, he stopped, signalling for Snowpaw to stop as well. "All right," he said encouragingly. "Why don't you go ahead and try to catch something? Whether you fail or succeed, it's perfectly fine. I'll learn how much you know, and then I can help teach you based on that. Sound okay?"

OOC: WCC's hunting system and rules are found here. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about how it works! We are using the leaf-fall rolls currently.

Back to top Go down
Janet

Sagittarius Buffalo

on the ground (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: on the ground (c)   on the ground (c) EmptySun 9 Oct 2022 - 8:55

Snowpaw trotted behind her mentor into the forest. This was going to be her first hunt. "Okay." She replied. Snowpaw started sniffing around in search of prey. For what felt like moons she couldn't scent anything. She was starting to lose hope. Eventually she smelled a mouse. She started approaching the scent until she could see the mouse. It was underneath some leaves. She started to head towards it like she had seen other apprentices do before. She started swinging her haunches from side to side. When Snowpaw jumped she was feeling confident. She unsheathed her claws. She landed beside the mouse instead of on it.

Catch failed, -3 SP

Snowpaw: 57/60 SP

Last edited by Janet on Sun 9 Oct 2022 - 11:38; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15044

on the ground (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: on the ground (c)   on the ground (c) EmptySun 9 Oct 2022 - 8:55

The member 'Janet' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 4
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

on the ground (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: on the ground (c)   on the ground (c) EmptyMon 24 Oct 2022 - 22:39

Flutterpetal watched carefully with wide-open eyes as Snowpaw found some prey, approached it, leapt and.... He winced. That was a close one. What had Hawkheart been teaching her? Those weren't very WindClan-like moves. Not that they were bad, of course... just not what he was used to. He'd have to teach her the way he'd learned, instead. Hopefully it wouldn't make things worse. "That was really close," he said sympathetically, smiling as he approached the apprentice. "How about I catch something, and you watch me, and then try again?" He shook out his fur, then went back to the top of the hill. The wide open moors stretched out in front of them, plains open enough to see almost anything they wanted. No bushes to hide in, aside from the occasional scraggly gorse. Very few trees. Just fields.

"First you find something to catch," he said, almost to himself. It only took a moment to catch a hint of movement out of the corner of his eye. A rabbit, hopping through the long grasses a short distance away. "Then you crouch and get as close as you can, before chasing it!" He dropped low to the ground, dark fur standing out against the dry brown grass as he stalked the rabbit. If he got any closer, it would spot him... but he was still at least two fox-lengths away. That would have to be enough. Trusting in his luck, sending a quick prayer to the stars, Flutterpetal began the chase.

Once he started running, the rabbit saw him. But it was too late. Flutterpetal was far faster, and the element of surprise was enough. It was no time before the rabbit was caught under his paws. He ended its life quickly, then took it back to Snowpaw. Thank goodness he hadn't failed... that would be embarrassing! Maybe he could be an okay mentor, after all. "Any questions? Does that make sense?"

Flutterpetal attempts to catch a rabbit.... Success! -3 SP

Last edited by Ash on Mon 24 Oct 2022 - 22:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15044

on the ground (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: on the ground (c)   on the ground (c) EmptyMon 24 Oct 2022 - 22:39

The member 'Ash' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 2

on the ground (c) Mistpe10
on the ground (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Sponsored content

on the ground (c) Empty
PostSubject: Re: on the ground (c)   on the ground (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

on the ground (c)
Page 1 of 1