Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Show Me The World Outside [c]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1039

Show Me The World Outside [c] Empty
PostSubject: Show Me The World Outside [c]   Show Me The World Outside [c] EmptySun 25 Sep 2022 - 17:21

Rainkit

Rainkit padded slowly beside Birdchaser, a little shaky on his little legs. He sneezed every now and then, but he had recovered enough from his sickness to go outside. Despite it being a few weeks since his arrival to Skyclan, he hadn’t grown as much as he should’ve. Sickness had stunted his growth, leaving him a tiny little thing still. He put one paw in front of the other carefully, sticking close to Birdchaser’s legs, seeking comfort in her now familiar fur.

Birdchaser wanted to show him a bit more around camp so he could get to know it now that he was on his feet, and maybe meet some of these clanmates. He looked around, taking in his surroundings with fresh, clear eyes and a clear head. So many of the cats here are so big, bigger and stronger than any cat he had seen before his arrival. It intimidated him a little bit.

“So… I’ll become an apprentice, and then a warrior? Will I get as big and strong as all of you?” Rainkit asked softly, looking up at Birdchaser. He was still wrapping his mind around the clan’s rules and customs. After a brief pause of consideration, a look of confusion passed over the young tom's face, and he added, “How does someone become a medicine cat then?”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2541

PostSubject: Re: Show Me The World Outside [c]   Show Me The World Outside [c] EmptyMon 26 Sep 2022 - 23:30

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdchaser

It made Birdchaser happy to see Rainkit well enough to venture into camp, though he still wobbled and coughed and refused to venture far from her. She was just pleased to know that he was getting better at all. He seemed genuinely in their camp too, if a little wary of it. She'd been hoping for that; maybe if he'd taken an interest in Clan life, he wouldn't deny their entry to stay as a Clanmate when he was old and well enough to fend for himself. But there were still moons between now and that time, and for the moment, Birdchaser was content just knowing he was well and learning.

"Yes," she responded steadily and with a gentle nod. "In a few moons, I'll name you as an apprentice of SkyClan. You'll be Rainpaw, then, and you'll train under one of our warriors until you're ready to earn your own warrior name." The explanation, the tradition, felt so natural to her as she explained it. Distantly she wondered just how hard it all was to grasp, from Rainkit's perspective. It seemed so simple, but then, she'd lived it her whole life.

Nudging him forward with her paws, Birdchaser steered Rainkit a little ways towards the fresh-kill pile. There was always someone hanging around there, and like usual, a pawful of warriors were scattered around eating and sharing tongues. One in particular caught her attention, and she eyed Blackbear narrowly for a moment, before refocusing on Rainkit. She wasn't sure how Blackbear had reacted to his... sheer existence yet, and she wasn't entirely keen on finding out. Keeping their distance, Birdchaser gave Rainkit's hip a little encouraging tap. "Medicine cats are usually chosen by StarClan, but sometimes they seek it out themselves. Some want it, others..." Birdchaser's gaze drifted towards the medicine den, and she dwelled for a moment before finishing, "... not so much. It's respectable, though. They're crucial to Clan life." As she spoke, the deputy's eyes occasionally flicked back over to Blackbear, waiting to see if her former apprentice would notice them.

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

PostSubject: Re: Show Me The World Outside [c]   Show Me The World Outside [c] EmptyTue 27 Sep 2022 - 15:24

There was nothing Blackbear enjoyed more than minding her own business. In fact, she was doing it right now. While her incessantly aggravating Clanmates milled about making pointless small talk and telling each other about their lousy hunts (really, could you even call it hunting when all you caught was a squirrel or two?), she sat on her own, facing pointedly away from the fresh-kill pile with a large pigeon between her forepaws. Sure, she occasionally growled at a passer-by or two when they bumped her. And her tail was lashing from side to side, daring anyone to get closer. Yeah, just try it, she thought as she balefully glared at an apprentice passing by. But anyway, she was completely and entirely minding her own business.

Her ears pricked up at the sound of a familiar voice, one that made her skin crawl with anger much less than anyone else's. Who was she talking to? Despite herself, Blackbear turned her head to look at her deputy and former mentor. At first, she thought Birdchaser was talking to herself. She sure didn't see any warriors near her, anyway. It was only after a few seconds of judgemental staring that she thought to look down. There, by Birdchaser's side, was a kit. Not just a kit, a kit that looked exactly like her. Pigeon abandoned, Blackbear got to her feet with her eyes trained on the tiny creature.

And, stars, when she said tiny she meant tiny. If Crookedkit was small, this thing was microscopic. She approached the pair, sparing Birdchaser a 'respectful' nod (more of a head jerk in her general direction, really) before lowering her head to the kit. She sniffed it, nose slightly nudging the kit. Her eyes narrowed. "Doesn't smell of SkyClan." She raised her head and looked back at Birdchaser. "Is it... yours?" she rumbled incredulously. It was ridiculous. Birdchaser was far from a queen. Why would she have a kit?

She looked back at the kit. He was so small. Idly, she wondered if he'd fit in her mouth. He was about rat-sized... She held out a paw, though she didn't touch him. She was still trying to figure out what he was doing here. "Do... you have a name?" She asked unsurely. If this was Birdchaser's kit, he was to be respected. As much as that made her fur crawl with indignance.

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Show Me The World Outside [c]   Show Me The World Outside [c] EmptyTue 27 Sep 2022 - 16:28

Rainkit

Rainkit processed Birdchaser's words slowly, nodding along carefully as he walked beside her. 'Rainpaw...' It seemed an odd thing to him, to change his name so many times, but also kind of...nice? He looked up at Birdchaser as she tapped his hip, stumbling a tiny bit before quickly regaining his footing. He gave her a soft smile and giggled just a little, a warm, soft sound. He was just about to ask what a 'Starclan' was and what made them different from Skyclan (and also why they chose the jobs of other cats) when a new face approached.

Rainkit was startled by the other cat leaning in close to sniff him and nudging him with her nose before she had even spoken, taking a step back before stilling himself and giving her a curious sniff of his own. He instinctively began to lower himself as she lifted her big paw above his head. He'd learned from experience now that all of these strong cats set him off balance pretty quickly when he still felt so shaky on his legs. He hoped that would stop soon, it was rather embarrassing. He blinked up at her paw and tilted his head. She didn't touch him this time though, so he straightened himself back up.

"Rainkit," He said, more confident in his new name now as he'd gotten used to it. "I'm new." He explained, to excuse his lack of scent. "Um... Ms. Birdchaser found me." He didn't know if that meant he counted as 'Birdchaser's'? He didn't know how clan rules work after all. He glanced towards Birdchaser to try and get a better read on if he was saying the right things, and also in the hopes of an explanation, before looking back up at the newcomer with big eyes. "It's nice to meet you."

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightpaw [F]alconkit [Fo]xkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T4 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Apprentice [F] WindClan Kit [Fo] Unborn SkyClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2541

PostSubject: Re: Show Me The World Outside [c]   Show Me The World Outside [c] EmptyWed 5 Oct 2022 - 20:38

pixel-hourglass-f2u-by-lost-in-ashes-dd0zotaBirdchaser

Much to her chagrin, Blackbear approached the pair. It wasn’t necessarily that she had a problem with Blackbear, at least not personally. There was a degree of affection there, as her first and former apprentice. But Blackbear had been hostile since birth, and wasted no time getting herself into fights. She was the last cat Birdchaser had any interest in introducing Rainkit to, especially when she came slinking over like she was sizing up prey.

The question of whether he was hers or not made the deputy bristle a little out of discomfort. He wasn’t really hers, at least– well, she certainly hadn’t given birth to him. But in a way he was, she supposed. She’d found him, and she’d soaked up most of his time since his arrival in camp. For all intents and purposes he might as well have been hers… but it still made her shuffle awkwardly on her paws. Thankfully, Rainkit felt comfortable enough to address the large warrior on his own, introducing himself (by name! Birdchaser was so proud he’d gotten used to it so fast) and confirm that she was the one to find him.

Birdchaser pushed her shoulder to nudge Blackbear back a little ways so she couldn’t press her big paw down on his tiny head. ”You could say he’s mine,” she mewed evenly. ”I found him during that harsh rain we had some days ago– hence, the name. He needed someone to care for him, and he needed a home as well. He may not smell like SkyClan now, but he will soon. He’ll be a fine warrior for us one day.” As she spoke, Birdchaser gave Rainkit a little nudge to the hip again. She hoped the care that came from those words would be clear to him. In an attempt to not seem so disgruntled by Blackbear’s, she added with light amusement, ”You’ll have to be careful with him, Blackbear. He’s not a mossball, and you can’t spar with him like other warriors and apprentices yet.”

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T4 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightpawRiverClan
Apprentice
#5B31AD
[not pictured]
FalconkitWindClan
Kit
#E36630
[not pictured]
FoxkitSkyClan
Kit
#9964B1
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

PostSubject: Re: Show Me The World Outside [c]   Show Me The World Outside [c] EmptyWed 12 Oct 2022 - 12:08

Birdchaser nudged Blackbear and the tall she-cat stepped back, ears flicking backwards. Had any other cat tried to push her out of the way like that... She had to hold back a hiss. "Rainkit. Right." Though her tone was gruff and disinterested, she repeated the name several times in her head to commit it to memory. It wasn't like there were many names taking up space in her brain anyway. Though apparently this kit wasn't related to Birdchaser, even Blackbear could see that she was basically its mother. That made it- him- the... deputy deputy. So his name was one she, begrudgingly, decided she should probably remember. "Uh, you too." She said to the kit's squeaky comment.

"...right. So when will I be able to spar with him?" She looked at Birdchaser quizically. What use was a cat who couldn't fight? She supposed he'd grow. He had to, unless he wanted to get eaten by something. And getting a chance to spar with the deputy's... Son? Tiny apprentice? Wasn't something Blackbear wanted to pass up.

Her eyes flicked back to Rainkit once again, sizing him up (though there wasn't much to size up). He looked like a SkyClanner, apart from the size. And even SkyClan kits were pretty small, as she'd found out through Crookedkit. "Were you a kittypet?" She asked, barely disguising the venom lacing her voice. She had to try not to be disrespectful, this was Birdchaser's kit after all, but she had her doubts that a kittypet kit could be even a half decent SkyClan warrior.

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Show Me The World Outside [c]   Show Me The World Outside [c] EmptyFri 14 Oct 2022 - 12:28

Rainkit

Rainkit offered Birdchaser a smile as she nudged him, looking up at her. Something in him felt warm at Birdchaser agreeing that he was, for all intents and purposes, 'hers.' Then he blinked, a little horrified that it had to be clarified to this rather large cat that he was not, in fact, a mossball to play with. He really hoped Blackbear would not disregard that and decide to test things out for herself. That sounded like it would hurt.

And then the question about if he was a 'kittypet' came. By now he had learned that term from Birdchaser, and learned the difference between being a kittypet and being a rogue. He knew that he was in fact a kittypet, and he had learned that this is something that most clan cats really dislike. Birdchaser hadn't said it outright, but he could tell from the way she spoke about it. And Blackbear's voice, barely disguised scorn surrounding the word, confirmed it.

Something about that made Rainkit bristle. He knew that Blackbird hadn't said anything directly against him, had only asked a simple question, but, still... Hot shame mixed with defensive anger pooled in his belly. It didn't matter where he came from, did it? He doubted every kit in Skyclan just arrived fully ready to become a warrior. He'd need to be trained no matter what. It wasn't his fault. He hadn't done anything wrong. Tiny claws dug into the dirt, and for once, Rainkit spoke without thinking his words over.

"Yeah, I was." He said, tiny voice tight. "It doesn't matter though, because I'm with Skyclan now." He puffed out his fur, trying to make himself look bigger, although he had no hope of matching either warrior's size. "And I'll be a great warrior. I'll make sure of it." He stared challengingly up at Blackbear. This was his home now. He had to prove he belonged there. 

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show Me The World Outside [c]   Show Me The World Outside [c] Empty

Back to top Go down

Show Me The World Outside [c]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: SkyClan Camp-
Jump to: