Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

sharpen your senses [c]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6041

sharpen your senses [c] Empty
PostSubject: sharpen your senses [c]   sharpen your senses [c] EmptySat 24 Sep 2022 - 22:14

Leopardsun hadn't intended to have company on this particular scouting patrol (and more often than not preferred to do her initial search alone, because it was easier to flee if she wasn't looking out for her clanmates in the moment), but Nightstar's apprentice nonetheless followed close behind her. She hadn't been able to refuse, and supposed that it was decent training if nothing else. "On your guard, Sablepaw, and keep behind me."

Tracking was a valuable skill, after all. It wouldn't hurt to learn a few things in practice, as long as he was safely supervised.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)
Number of posts : 1256

PostSubject: Re: sharpen your senses [c]   sharpen your senses [c] EmptySun 25 Sep 2022 - 7:00

Being told he wasn't allowed on the predator hunts had dampened the young apprentice's spirits. He knew it was only for warriors because of the potential danger, but each time they set out Sablepaw had to worry about when or if all of them would come back alive. When he had caught Leopardsun leaving to scout for the next hunt, he had somehow managed to convince her to let him tag along. Seeing what the patrols would be hunting would put his mind at ease, at least until he could join them. "Yes, Leopardsun." He mewed dutifully, following close behind as instructed.
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: sharpen your senses [c]   sharpen your senses [c] EmptyMon 26 Sep 2022 - 9:18

As they ventured further, Leopardsun spoke softly. "Let me know if anything seems out of the ordinary to you, alright? That's the most important part- we're not trying to start a fight, we're trying to figure out where anything feels off. Strange scents, or things not being where they should, or mysterious sounds. Sometimes it's nothing... And sometimes, it's an important advantage in a dangerous situation. Keep close and keep quiet, so they don't pay any attention to you."

She stalked slowly and silently through the marsh, following one of a few different scent-trails. She paused, though, looking back at Sablepaw and recalling how dejected he had been. "...We're not trying to spite you, you know. It's just that no one wants to see you get hurt when we could have prevented it- that goes for every apprentice, every kit, every queen and elder. Being a warrior is looking out for everyone around you."

Her eyes sparkled with a mischief she hadn't shown in some time, or at least it felt like she hadn't. "Part of the reason we're doing this is that so you're free to sneak out of camp with nothing more than the usual risks, you know. But don't tell Nightstar I said that, alright? I doubt he'd think of it quite the same way. ...Come to think of it, you probably shouldn't mention what we're doing here today to him, either. And just think before you go breaking the rules, all the same- actions do have consequences."

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

Characters : Sablestrike T5 Deputy (Shadowclan), Stoatclaw T3 Warrior (Skyclan), Alethea T1 (Rogue), Oakpaw [Perma-NPC] (Windclan), Willowkit (Shadowclan)

PostSubject: Re: sharpen your senses [c]   sharpen your senses [c] EmptyTue 27 Sep 2022 - 18:53

Nodding along to his companion's explanation, Sablepaw started to breathe the scents of the marsh in. Nothing seemed unusual, though he doubted anything would be out of place until they got deeper into the territory. Nevertheless, he stayed alert, scanning the land they passed as best he could.

The sudden turn of the conversation took Sablepaw by surprise. He took a moment to register what she had said before replying hesitantly. "I... I know you're not trying to spite me." Maybe at one point he had thought that. It was only natural for her to be intimidated by him, especially since he would be Shadowclan's next leader, she was simply holding his spot. "But it's hard to prove myself when you won't let me join the predator hunts. I'm as strong as any other warrior, I should be fighting beside them, not watching them come back covered in wounds. You get to protect them, I have to wait and hope you all come back alive." He sulked slightly at the mention of Nightstar. "Don't worry about that, he doesn't even care enough to train me, let alone talk to me." He knew he wasn't being fair to his mentor. There was a lot going on in the young leader's life, and getting an apprentice only seemed to be a burden Nightstar did not want to bear. Still, Sablepaw couldn't shake the feeling that he had disappointed his mentor in their first, and only, training session.
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: sharpen your senses [c]   sharpen your senses [c] EmptyTue 27 Sep 2022 - 19:44

"You're not any other warrior," Leopardsun pointed out. "You're still an apprentice, even if you're strong. I know it's difficult, but there are other ways to prove yourself that won't be as likely to end in your death, or grievous injury. We've lost enough as of late." As Sablepaw spoke of Nightstar, she hesitated for a second- she recalled all too well what having an absent mentor was like, even if she'd never held that resentment. She had been too busy proving herself at the time. "I'm sure he cares. He has... His own way of showing it. But Nightstar's not a bad cat- I can promise you that. We're all going through a lot, everything happened so quickly... Still, if you ever need someone to talk to, you can come find me."

It was strange to recall the flood and its aftermath, when it had started to feel- not distant, but like it was finally over. Like she could stop looking over her shoulder. "It feels like Froststar was leader for a second- like I blinked and he was gone. It was... Different, with Murkystar. I had never really known her. But Froststar was my father's father, and he was my mentor, even if he was usually busy filling in for her. I'm sure Nightstar is struggling with that loss as much as I am, given the space we've been left to fill."

She blinked, shaking her head. "Sorry. I don't mean to reminisce at you- that's the elders' job, isn't it? As for why we're out here- find anything strange yet?"

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: sharpen your senses [c]   sharpen your senses [c] EmptyTue 27 Sep 2022 - 23:47

He couldn't believe what Leopardsun was saying, she truly believed that he would get himself killed if he joined in on the hunts. It hurt to know that she thought so little of him. Even if she was just his proxy, he had to admit he respected her. She had been crucial in the rebuilding of their camp, and worked tirelessly to support Shadowclan, even when it was clear she had done enough already. As the conversation shifted back to his mentor, Sablepaw remained silent. He knew that Nighstar wasn't a bad cat, though he doubted that the leader cared about him. "Thank you, Leopardsun." He mewed softly. Her offer was appreciated, maybe when he took her place, and inevitably Nightstar's, he would make her his deputy, give her a fair shot at becoming the next leader after him.

Sablepaw's ears perked as he heard mention of Froststar. He had always loved hearing Snowfoot's stories of his grandfather, which painted him as a noble leader that would do anything for his clan. The thought of that noble blood flowing through him, even if faintly, gave Sablepaw hope that one day he would follow in Froststar's pawsteps. Father's father? I'm related to Leopardsun? It seemed incredibly odd. He was about to voice his thoughts before she continued.

"No, nothing ye-" he was cut off by the sound of skittering paws in the mud behind him. Turning to see what it was, he was greeted with a tail full of quills. They slammed into his side, lodging themselves deep in his skin. Sablepaw gave a pained yowl as he backed away from the spiny beast, each movement sending more pain through his body.

A Porcupine appeared!

Porcupine used Tail Smack on Sablepaw, dealing -15 HP and costing -15 SP

Porcupine
60/60 HP
150/165 SP (-15)

Sablepaw
5/20 HP (-15)
60/60 SP
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: sharpen your senses [c]   sharpen your senses [c] EmptyWed 28 Sep 2022 - 12:24

"Sablepaw!" Leopardsun cried at the pained sound from the apprentice. Though she was a bit frantic (they weren't supposed to be attacked, and certainly not from behind), she had to think quickly before anything else had the chance to go wrong. "It's a little late for this, but- try to avoid the spines!"

Curse the stars! Think, Leopardsun, think- there must be something I can do!

In her haste, she grabbed hold of the creature's scruff and ignored the pricking of the spines, thinking that if she could just keep it still they would stand a much better chance in this fight.

Leopardsun used Scruff Shake on the Porcupine, dealing 9 (8+1 from Night Finesse) damage and costing 20 SP! The Porcupine is stunned for 2 turns!
Leopardsun took 3 damage from Quill Armor!

Porcupine
51/60 HP (-9)
150/165 SP

Sablepaw
5/20 HP
60/60 SP

Leopardsun
47/50 HP (-3)
100/120 SP (-20)

Last edited by Holly on Wed 28 Sep 2022 - 12:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: sharpen your senses [c]   sharpen your senses [c] EmptyWed 28 Sep 2022 - 12:24

The member 'Holly' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 4

sharpen your senses [c] Mistpe10
sharpen your senses [c] Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: sharpen your senses [c]   sharpen your senses [c] EmptyThu 29 Sep 2022 - 22:32

The spines sticking out of him hurt worse with each motion, but he knew he couldn't just leave the fighting to her. As his deputy bit the spine-covered neck of the porcupine, Sablepaw realized there was no time to think. He moved toward the porcupine, trying hard to ignore the pain in his side, and swiped his paw at their attacker, claws stretching as far as possible in an attempt to avoid the sharp quills. It was ultimately useless, more spines imbedding themselves in the apprentice's paw as he recoiled with a sharp hiss.

Sablepaw used Front Paw Strike on the Porcupine, dealing 7 HP (6+1 from Night Finesse) and costing 7 SP
Sablepaw took 3 damage from Quill Armor
The Porcupine is stunned

Porcupine
44/60 HP (-7)
150/165 SP

Sablepaw
2/20 HP (-3)
53/60 SP (-7)

Leopardsun
47/50 HP
100/120 SP
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: sharpen your senses [c]   sharpen your senses [c] EmptyFri 30 Sep 2022 - 21:53

"Try and get away!" Leopardsun called, tail twitching anxiously as she looked for a way to get them both out without more injuries. "If you keep attacking, you'll just keep getting hurt!"

Please, Sablepaw- however badly you want to prove yourself, it's not worth this.

As it was, she lashed out again to try and focus its attention on her. If she could draw its assault away from Sablepaw and onto herself, she would give him time to escape- and she was confident that she could hold her own long enough to make a run for it afterward, even if she couldn't take it down on her own.

Leopardsun used Front Paw Strike on the Porcupine, dealing 9 (8+1) damage and costing 7 SP! Leopardsun took 3 damage from Quill Armor!

Porcupine
35/60 HP (-9)
150/165 SP

Sablepaw
2/20 HP
53/60 SP

Leopardsun
44/50 HP (-3)
93/120 SP (-7)

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: sharpen your senses [c]   sharpen your senses [c] EmptyFri 30 Sep 2022 - 22:42

A good leader knew when to give up, a good leader knew when they were defeated, but Sablepaw wasn't a leader yet. He still had to prove himself, and he wasn't gonna do that by running from a fight. Sablepaw dropped to the floor, sliding himself as close to the porcupine's belly as possible before unsheathing his hind claws and attempting to slice the beast's stomach. Miraculously, his claws met the porcupine's soft stomach, he pushed with as much force as he could muster, flipping the beast so that its spines pierced the mud.

Sablepaw use Belly Rake on the Porcupine, dealing 11 HP (+1 from Night Finesse) and costing 25 SP
The Porcupine is no longer stunned

Porcupine
24/60 HP (-11)
150/165 SP

Sablepaw
2/20 HP
28/60 SP (-25)

Leopardsun
44/50 HP
93/120 SP

Last edited by Romantica on Fri 30 Sep 2022 - 22:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15067

PostSubject: Re: sharpen your senses [c]   sharpen your senses [c] EmptyFri 30 Sep 2022 - 22:42

The member 'Romantica' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 5
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: sharpen your senses [c]   sharpen your senses [c] EmptyFri 30 Sep 2022 - 23:00

As Sablepaw kept fighting, Leopardsun let out a low hiss. She directed her irritation toward their shared opponent, which only eased a little when she realized the apprentice had- miraculously- managed to escape being seriously injured. This time.

"Sablepaw... I hope you understand that you just got very, very lucky."

How much more reckless would he get?

In the meantime, she attacked its tiny, stubby tail; teeth sinking into it and ignoring the pain as the needles poked her even more. She could handle the pain, could take far more than this, but it was clear enough that Sablepaw was already on his last legs.

Leopardsun used Tail Yank on the Porcupine, dealing 9 (8+1) damage and costing 15 SP! The Porcupine is stunned for 1 turn!
Leopardsun took 3 damage from Quill Armor!

Porcupine [STUNNED]
15/60 HP (-9)
150/165 SP

Sablepaw
2/20 HP
28/60 SP

Leopardsun
41/50 HP (-3)
78/120 SP (-15)

Back to top Go down
Romantica
Former Staff
Former Staff
Romantica

PostSubject: Re: sharpen your senses [c]   sharpen your senses [c] EmptyFri 30 Sep 2022 - 23:10

Sablepaw quickly flipped himself back on his paws, ignoring the pains from the needles still lodged in his paws. "Luck had nothing to do with it, you're looking at Shadowclan's future leader." He wore a smug smile, forgetting in the moment that the beast they were fighting was still very much alive, though incapacitated for the time being.

Sablepaw used Nothing!
The Porcupine is no longer stunned

Porcupine
15/60 HP
150/165 SP

Sablepaw
2/20 HP
28/60 SP

Leopardsun
41/50 HP
78/120 SP
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: sharpen your senses [c]   sharpen your senses [c] EmptyFri 30 Sep 2022 - 23:22

Leopardsun had half a mind to let the porcupine knock Sablepaw to the dirt, but her general compassion for her fellow ShadowClan cats had her ready herself for another fight. As much as part of her wanted to see him humbled, she had a duty as ShadowClan's deputy and leader of this scouting patrol to look out for him as a clanmate and as an apprentice; and so she lashed out wildly at the porcupine with claws and teeth. She would see it dead before it could harm anyone else- and then she would see Sablepaw assigned to tick duty for the next half-moon.

Only when the creature fell still, with no sign of moving ever again, did she turn her attention back to Sablepaw again. "Why would anyone want to follow someone so reckless into battle? Any cat with sense would run when they're told to! Curse the stars, Sablepaw- what would I have told the rest of the Clan if you got yourself killed out here today? You're not invincible just because you're convinced you'll be leader someday! For the time being you've got one life, and you should treat it with more respect than this!"

She sighed, beginning the long process of tugging the porcupine's limp form back to ShadowClan's camp. "For now, let's just get back to camp. We both need to stop by the medicine den."

Leopardsun used Snap + Desperate Blows, dealing 6 (5+1) + 9 (8+1) damage for a total of 15 and costing 14 SP!
Leopardsun took 3 damage from Quill Armor! The Porcupine is DEAD!

Porcupine
DEAD/60 HP (-15)
150/165 SP

Sablepaw
2/20 HP
28/60 SP

Leopardsun
38/50 HP (-3)
64/120 SP (-14)