Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Memories

Memories

Characters : [Fi]nchkit
Clan/Rank : [Fi] ThunderClan Kit
Cancer Pig
Number of posts : 1128

tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c) Empty
PostSubject: tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c)   tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c) EmptyFri Sep 23, 2022 10:37 pm

MARSHMALLOW
-

Marshmallow just couldn't stop thinking about it. Was she cursed by the stars themselves? Was StarClan truly trying to hurt her? She wasn't quite sure if she should move into the nursery yet. Surely she was still okay to patrol... Today, though, she didn't offer to go on patrol, instead she sat near the fresh kill pile, barely haven nibbled at the rat at her paws. She kept glancing over at her stomach. She wondered how many kits were in there, she thought about naming them. One thing was for sure, though.

Their father was never meeting them.

If it was true, and that Scorchtalon had to break up with her, and that she couldn't convince him to stay with her and her kits... Then he wouldn't get to meet them. She already had a couple of names for them in her head. Cicadakit, after a friend she once had, Fangkit, after her kithood friend, and Frostkit, after Froststar... She hoped she wouldn't have any more than three, but she'd see when they were born. She curled up, pushing the barely-eaten rat away from her, and sobbed quietly into her paws. What was I thinking? I can't have kits...

Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c)   tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c) EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 1:45 pm

Nightstar had just gotten back into camp with a mouse, which he would consider a successful hunting trip if anything. Putting the mouse on the pile, Shadowclans leader was just going to continue on with his duties, but his gaze landed briefly on Marshmallow and how she seemed... off. He had noticed that she had been growing a bit rounder, but he had figured that maybe she was slowing down in her grief, Froststar was her dad after all, but that was his assumption, and by going off the barely half-eaten rat in front of her was saying anything, she wasn't eating all that much.

But when it came to Marshmallow, he didn't pay particularly good attention on a good day, he still questioned her as a loyal warrior to Shadowclan as she had gotten his brother grievously hurt and when the Forgotten Order had attacked, her loyalties had been called into question by his mother, questions that he still had himself. But looking down at the black and white she-cat, curled and shaking with silent sobbing, he was forced into shoving his negative emotions down and speaking with her as a clanmate and the leader that he was.

"Marshmallow? Are you alright? Would you like to talk about it in my den perhaps? I'm sure moving out of prying eyes and ears will be appreciated." Nightstar meowed, gently waiting for her response, and in no way prodding her to move faster or respond to him quicker. He'd let her take her time when she was comfortable. This wouldn't be the first time he had to help Marshmallow pick up the pieces, after all, he had helped her with Soottail.

tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c) Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c)   tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c) EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 11:04 pm

MARSHMALLOW
-

Marshmallow had tried to stop herself from sulking, but each time the tears seemed to stop, they'd start falling down her cheeks again. Hearing Nightstar's voice, though, she managed to stop her quiet sobs for just a moment, to speak. "I.. feel like there's a... a clear answer to 'are you alright'." Her voice was shaky, but she forced a small smile.

She glanced over at the half-eaten rat by her back paws, then back at her leader. "Alright..." Marshmallow mewed softly, moving slowly to grab the rat. She wasn't sure what she was going to say to him, certainly not all the things she said to Rookfire.

She just had to practice a little self control, and stop herself from talking before she said too much. Because I won't dare mention Scorchtalon...

Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c)   tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c) EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 11:52 pm

Nightstar raised his eyebrow, not very amused at her attempts at a joke but he let it slide. He waited until Marshmallow got to her paws and grabbed her barely eaten rat to offer himself to lean on, as they walked to his den. Nightstar's den was a sorry sight to say politely, nothing decorated the space, and the nest in the middle held only the minimum amount of material to be considered a nest. Cringing inwardly, he moved forwards to try to fluff it up, make it look a bit nicer and more like something a leader would have, before offering it to Marshmallow to sit in.

"It's not much... but I hope it will suffice for the time being. Now, if you would like to tell me about what's going on, you may. Or you can just take this time to get your barings together until you're ready to face the world again. I've got time, so you can decide on what you want to do, I won't judge." He mewed, settling himself down across from Marshmallow, allowing her the option of space.

tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c) Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c)   tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c) EmptySat Oct 01, 2022 10:43 am

MARSHMALLOW
-

Marshmallow sighed quietly as she noticed Nightstar wasn't impressed with her attempts at making herself feel better. She entered the den, expecting it to be neat and tidy, with the softest moss bed in the entire clan... Though she wasn't too surprised when it didn't meet her expectations.

She was surprised, however, when Nightstar acknowledged it. "Mm." Was her small response to Nightstar's comment, as making a joke would probably make him annoyed with her or something because of his clear lack of sad-humour (whatever that meant for Marshmallow). Her movements were still slow, and her breaths were definitely shaky as a result of her crying before.

"Well... I found out I was going to have kits, Rookfire told me." She explained, staring at her paws. "I don't want kits, I can't raise kits, I... Don't know how." She curled her tail around her paws tightly. "Not like I have a reference, you know that."

Okay, now stop there... I swear to StarClan if I say one more word I'll jump into the deep marshes.

Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c)   tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c) EmptySat Oct 01, 2022 11:42 am

Nightstar blinked, confusion briefly colouring his face before he caught himself up to speed. Typically, finding out you were having kits as a she-cat would be the happiest day of a she-cats life, but with Marshmallow, it seemed the opposite would be true. But it seemed to him, that most of Marshmallows grief and concern was not having any clue on how to raise kittens, and that she lacked any good reference for that. Nightstar could understand that a lot better than Marshmallow would know, but at least he knew his parents were caring... He was silent as he thought about how to approach this discussion. He had never wanted kits or a mate, and he wasn't sure if Marshmallow was in the same boat as him. All his time as deputy, and now leader, while short never trained him for these types of talks.

"I can't begin to truly understand what you're going through right now. But if it is any consolation, you are with Shadowclan, and these kits that you carry now can be raised communally. Swiftheart, and even Snowfoot I'm sure would be happy to raise them in your stead if you wish. But if you wish to try with them, even if you don't want them, and think you will fall short as a parent, then they will be there for you every step of the way should you want it." Nightstar meowed, forcing his expression to remain the slightly concerned he was showing as he spoke when he realized that he didn't know who these kits' father was. Sure, she didn't need to tell him, but to his knowledge, she was not in anyways close enough to any tom in Shadowclan to carry their kits.

Traitor.

"You are not Soottail, Marshmallow. I know you won't repeat her mistakes. You have a whole clan, and Soottail to guide you, and on Soottail's part, it's more or less a 'what not to do.' guide." He was grateful that he didn't place her on his council, as he had considered it, but he knew that she couldn't be trusted, and if his suspicions were true, then he could only be glad that he was right after all this time. He'd wait until he got a sign, or if he was in other ways made certain on where Marshmallows loyalties truly lie, and he'd toss her out depending. Maybe.

But for now, he'd play nice, maybe he could gain something from her. Maybe, if he played nice, Marshmallow would be truly loyal to Shadowclan and she'd be worth all the grief from keeping her around.

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Memories

Memories

Cancer Pig

PostSubject: Re: tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c)   tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c) EmptySat Oct 01, 2022 12:27 pm

MARSHMALLOW
-

Marshmallow stared down at the ground, her paws were muddy, showing up brown even on her dark, black paws. She didn't know what she expected Nightstar to say about this. She never considered him to be good at relationships. Sighing, she looked up at him as he finished talking. Well I doubt Snowfoot would do anything but scowl at me from across the den. She thought to herself.

She didn't really know how to respond in a way that wasn't an unfunny joke or something that would make Nightstar upset, so she sat in silence for a moment. "I know I'm not Soottail, what scares me is the fact that I could become Soottail. Someone had to love her for her kits, so obviously she had to be at least decent at some point, didn't help that my siblings died shortly after their birth." She slumped down, licking the mud slowly off of her pawpads, even though she knew they'd get dirty again, anyway.

"I don't know if the father will help me raise them, yet." She mewed. If Rookfire is going to help raise them, then he could pretend to be the actual father of the kits. "My head is just full of worries and 'what ifs' I'm just... scared." She sighed. "I'm being mousebrained, aren't I? Queens don't usually fuss over stuff like this, especially so... early."

She sat up, straighter, but didn't meet the tom's gaze, thinking. "In all honesty, I don't know what I was thinking, I'm not ready for kits. But it was nice to talk to someone..."

Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c)   tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c) EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 2:04 pm

"You make good points, I suppose." Nightstar meowed, considering his words the best he could, "But I don't think that you're exactly unique in your experience, I'm sure at some point most queens feel scared and apprehensive at some point. But at least you will be there for them. There are many cats in Shadowclan who have been orphaned, adopted, and raised by Shadowclan." Nightstar meowed, quite struggling with giving comfort and reassuring the older she-cat. He was her leader sure, and he did doubt her loyalty, but she was older than him. "Why don't you take this one paw step at a time, take care of yourself and visit Fuzzybelly? They won't be here tomorrow, so you have a lot of time to consider what you want." He silently applauded himself, surely this would give enough comfort to Marshmallow?

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c)   tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

tell me it's okay, even if it's not (c)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: ShadowClan Camp-
Jump to: