Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Broken Down [Poppyshine]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2226

Broken Down [Poppyshine] Empty
PostSubject: Broken Down [Poppyshine]   Broken Down [Poppyshine] EmptyWed 21 Sep 2022 - 12:53

It sucked that Dovesight was stuck in nestrest. After all the stress with the predators, her body had become vulnerable, and she had grown to be ill. And she hated it. She hated not being able to help her apprentice. She hated that every cat had to be fussing over her. It was her job to be the medicine cat for this Clan, she wasn't supposed to be the patient. That wasn't how this worked.

But Poppyshine had ordered her to rest, and in technicality, the deputy was her superior. So she laid in the nest, pouting. Of course, she still kept an eye on Sandypaw, even though she was supposed to be asleep. She just wanted to make sure her niece would be okay!

That was when she saw Poppyshine coming. Quickly, Dovesight laid her head down, closing her eyes. Her friend would not be happy to know she was still working.

Broken Down [Poppyshine] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: Broken Down [Poppyshine]   Broken Down [Poppyshine] EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 16:38

Poppyshine

Poppyshine purred a greeting as she entered the medicine den. “Hi Sandypaw! Don’t work too hard.” She looked to Dovesight’s supposedly sleeping form. “I saw your eyes open, Dovesight, you don’t need to pretend to sleep.” She sat down in front of her. “How are you feeling? Are you taking your medicine? I can bring you some food, if you’re hungry.” She purred and licked Dovesight’s fur to start grooming her gently.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Broken Down [Poppyshine]   Broken Down [Poppyshine] EmptyFri 23 Sep 2022 - 16:48

"I agreed to rest, I did not agree to taking my Clan's herbs." Dovesight uncharacteristically grumbled as she lifted her head, slightly shuffling away from the grooming session, although there was still a smile on her face. "I'll be fine, Poppyshine. You don't need to worry so much. I'm the medicine cat! I know how to take care of myself! I could go back to working right now and everything would be just fine! Besides, there are plenty of cats who need more care than a medicine cat with a head cold."

She leaned over, giving Poppyshine a comforting lick on the cheek. "This will pass, as everything does. Greenleaf is almost over, let's save our resources for the cats that actually need it, okay? We don't need to make this seem more serious than it is. It might scare some of our Clanmates."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Broken Down [Poppyshine]   Broken Down [Poppyshine] EmptySun 25 Sep 2022 - 19:58

Poppyshine

Poppyshine smiled at the lick against her cheek, but that did not quell her quiet worries. “You and I both know that a sickness not taken care of could grow worse. It’s a head cold now, but what if it turns to whitecough?” She rested her tail over her paws and continued, “No one is worried you won’t recover—we just want you to recover quickly. And that means taking your medicine, right, great medicine cat?” She purred, lighthearted in her words—but serious about wanting Dovesight to take care of herself.

“I won’t push you, but if Sandypaw insists on it, well…” She says that a bit loudly so Sandypaw can be sure to hear, though the amused look doesn’t leave her face. “But…for real, now. Have you eaten?”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Broken Down [Poppyshine]   Broken Down [Poppyshine] EmptySun 2 Oct 2022 - 12:28

"It won't turn to whitecough. I'm already recovering, it'll be fine. It's not the season for whitecough. And we need to save our herbs for when that season does come. It's not far away, and we struggle enough getting herbs without me eating up our supply for ourselves."

She rested her tail on Poppyshine's shoulder. She didn't know how else to convince the deputy that she was going to be alright. At least her concern shifted from medicine to food.

"Yes, I have been eating. I'm not going to starve myself after all! You really need to stop worrying so much, Poppyshine. I'm going to be okay, alright? I promise."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Broken Down [Poppyshine]   Broken Down [Poppyshine] EmptySun 2 Oct 2022 - 17:49

Poppyshine

Poppyshine gave Dovesight a smile that was a cross between her usual mothering smile and the joking grin of a friend. “You expect me to stop worrying? It’s as though you don’t even know me, Dovesight.” While she did not relax entirely, Poppyshine did take a deep breath to try and quell her anxieties. Dovesight was the medicine cat. She would know best. And as much as Poppyshine knew that Dovesight was prone to caring for others more than herself, Poppyshine also knew that she wasn’t a cat who would so willingly make herself worse when it would be detrimental to the clan. She only wished that Dovesight took care of herself for herself rather than just for the clan’s sake.

“I apologize for being so overbearing. I suppose I just get more anxious than most over sicknesses.” She didn’t really have to explain why. Dovesight was the medicine cat, so of course she understood—first with Mapleleaf, and then Rainpaw, Poppyshine was always anxious when someone she cared about got sick. What if they didn’t get better? Poppyshine herself was no medicine cat, and so she knew that she should just trust Dovesight to know what was best…but a worrier is as a worrier does, and so Poppyshine would not simply stop being an over protective mother to every cat in her sight. And that included Dovesight.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Broken Down [Poppyshine]   Broken Down [Poppyshine] EmptyTue 4 Oct 2022 - 10:33

Dovesight couldn't help but laugh as Poppyshine put on her dramatic display, wincing a bit as the action made her head hurt even worse. But that wouldn't stop her from enjoying this time. Playfully, she batted at the deputy's ear with her paw. "Oh no, how would you ever survive if you didn't worry so much? Gasp, it's almost as if you have to trust me to know what I'm doing! Oh the horror!"

Of course, she knew very well that Poppyshine did trust her. Everything she said was all in good fun. But her gaze did soften at Poppyshine's apology.

"No cat can get more anxious over this stuff than me, trust me. You care a lot for your Clan, for me. That's what makes you such a great deputy, Poppyshine. Thank you for caring so much about me. It really means a lot. And I promise you, everything will turn out alright, okay? I'm going to be just fine."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Broken Down [Poppyshine]   Broken Down [Poppyshine] EmptyTue 4 Oct 2022 - 21:03

Poppyshine

Dovesight’s reassurances warmed Poppyshine’s heart and she purred. “Yes, I know. You’ll get better as fast as possible.” She rested her head on the edge of Dovesight’s nest as she looked at her. "In brighter news, things have been quieter in RiverClan. There haven’t been as many attacks lately, and hopefully that means that you won’t have to work so hard once you get better.”

She purred louder and said eagerly, “We should go on another herb hunt together some time! I was starting to really get the hang of remembering the more obscure herbs, and now they’re lost to me.” She would never be a medicine cat herself, but she liked learning about the herbs anyway. It reminded her of time spent with Cloverheart, and made her feel nostalgic as a result. “You can impress me with your own knowledge.”

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Broken Down [Poppyshine]   Broken Down [Poppyshine] EmptyWed 5 Oct 2022 - 20:05

"So it's finally over then..... Thank StarClan, those predators were scaring me." Too much damage had been done by those predators. She lost her sister. Woolywing would never be able to see. Yarrowblossom hurt his paw. Those could never be fixed again. Even as she said it, she knew it would never really be over.

It was a nice change of topic when Poppyshine mentioned going on an herb hunt. "Yeah, I think that would be really nice. I think we need that change of pace around here."

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Broken Down [Poppyshine]   Broken Down [Poppyshine] EmptySat 8 Oct 2022 - 20:53

Poppyshine

With a smile, Poppyshine gave an affirmative nod. “Then it’s settled. When you’re better, we’ll go out searching for herbs and have a great day out together.” They hadn’t had one of those in so long. Poppyshine genuinely looked forward to it. And hopefully they really would have a change in luck, and they would not run into any further trouble before they did.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Broken Down [Poppyshine]   Broken Down [Poppyshine] EmptySun 9 Oct 2022 - 13:50

RiverClan Medicine Cat

DOVESIGHT
Dovesight chuckled at Poppyshine's affirmation. "Alright. I'll be holding you to that, Poppyshine. The moment I am back on my paws, you and I are going hunting together. This time, with no snakes. Hopefully." If they ran into anymore predators, Dovesight might just blow a fuse.

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Broken Down [Poppyshine]   Broken Down [Poppyshine] Empty

Back to top Go down

Broken Down [Poppyshine]
Page 1 of 1