Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

A long, bloody night [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Characters : Falconmoon, Auburnrain, Sagefeather, Asmodeus, Snowkit
Cancer Goat
Number of posts : 3049

A long, bloody night [C] Empty
PostSubject: A long, bloody night [C]   A long, bloody night [C] EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 21:50

Bloodstrike had had a little bit more than just a healthy layer of fat when he had been the leader of Skyclan, and even more so when he had returned from his time with the twolegs. However, none of that was apparent now. If Bloodstrike were to get wet and his fur stuck to him, he could easily be used as a textbook example of feline muscle anatomy and the locations of each one. A little bit of starving on occasion and working harder for meals had burned away whatever fat he'd accumulated. Something he'd been forced to acknowledge was that his joints ached when storms were coming, a sign of aging. He supposed it was a benefit, albeit an annoying one, as being soaked to the skin could prove fatal to a lone cat. Beechfang would be a great help, but it was no secret that they'd have to trespass onto clan territory to get some of the herbs. He'd willingly do it though, and he'd fight whoever he had to to get them or he'd die trying.

Tonight he wasn't trespassing anywhere. The scent of a squirrel killed by monsters had caught his nose and he was making a beeline toward it. Shameless and fearless, Bloodstrike walked out to the center of the Thunderpath and grabbed up the squirrel by it's head. Some flattened parts of the squirrel stuck to the thunderpath stubbornly, but he knew better than to linger there for long. Taking his mangled squirrel back to the sides clear of the Thunderpath, he set the squirrel down at his feet. It would be his second meal of the entire day and he wasn't about to let any other predator have any.

... Not even the other cat that he now scented on the wind. Shadowclan... by the scent. Taking a majority of the squirrel between his teeth, Bloodstrike downed it quickly and hardly chewed. It wasn't like he really needed to anywa, not a cat of his size. "I can smell you. Don't bother hiding." He wasn't rude about it, but he didn't want a Shadowclan cat to get gutsy and try to sneak attack him for the pitiful bit of meat left from the squirrel at Bloodstrike's feet. Better to kill overconfidence quick with acknowledgement of the other cat's presence than to wait and see and possibly get into a scrap.

Falconmoon | Skyclan | Tier 5 Warrior #66ccff X
Auburnrain | Windclan | Tier 3 Warrior #CC9900 X
Sagefeather | Shadowclan | Tier 3 Warrior #99cc99 X
Asmodeus | Rogue | Tier 3 Rogue #960502 X
Snowkit | Skyclan | Kit #ffffff X
Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

*** CLICK THE X'S BY THE NAMES OF THE CATS FOR CREATION TOPICS ***
Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

Characters : Nightstalker - Rom wuz here <3
Clan/Rank : Shadowclan Warrior
Number of posts : 1155

PostSubject: Re: A long, bloody night [C]   A long, bloody night [C] EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 22:02

"How you can smell anything past the smell of a rotten, sunbaked squirrel, and the thunder path is beyond me." Meowed a disembodied voice, before it revealed itself, oozing from the shadows like thick ink. Nightstar eyed up the familiar tom on the other side of the path, recognition tingling at the back of his head as he observed the grotesquely scarred tom. It took several more heartbeats, but the recognition flashed across the young toms eyes, "You're Bloodstrike, aren't you? Skyclans old leader turned rogue. I've been told you can be dangerous, but I suppose by the looks of you, I wouldn't have needed to be told that." Nightstar teased. While he had no doubt Bloodstrike could do some serious damage if he wanted to, he was hardly in his prime anymore, old and eating rotten crowfood instead of catching something.

The young tom sat, keeping the path between them as he watched with wariness. "Would you fancy a chat while you dine? I'm sure you've got something I could learn from you if you'd be so kind as to provide some knowledge to a young leader such as myself." Nightstar meowed, putting a lilt to his throat that said, If you don't, I'll just run you off your meal and your welcome will be expired.

A long, bloody night [C] Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
Nightstalker Tier 5 Warrior of Shadowclan
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: A long, bloody night [C]   A long, bloody night [C] EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 22:17

Bloodstrike's eyes hardened ever so slightly at the tom's initial tone and his claws unsheathed enough that the tips were visible. You underestimate me to your own detriment... boy. The words didn't leave his lips. He listened for now, surprised at where the conversation had taken a sudden... unexpected turn. This was the new leader of Shadowclan? He was at least smart enough to ask for advice; something most new leaders never did. Bloodstrike's eyes softened and his claws sheathed back into his paws.

"I've always had a very sensitive nose, even to the point of it being a weakness." Hence why he secretly dreaded any possibility of having to invade Shadowclan territory. Thankfully it never came down to that.

"What did you want to know?" He asked before he bent his head down and scooped the squirrel's head and... the dangling remains into his mouth. A single crunch split the squirrel skull and a swallow was all that was needed for the rest. He sat down, a sign of peace, for the time being. Lone cats and clan cats had a way of not getting along, after all.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: A long, bloody night [C]   A long, bloody night [C] EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 22:43

Nightstar saw the aggression boil in the tom's frame, and his fur rose along his spine, but there were no other signs from the young leader of his uneasiness. "Then I know how to use that to my advantage. Thank you for telling me if I ever need to beat you in battle." Nightstar meowed, snark to his tone but he otherwise tried his best to show his respect without giving too much leeway. He had to show that he was still strong, and a force to be dealt with.

"Skyclan was feared, with you as their leader, that is not new news." Shadowclans leader began, building up to his question, "While I'm not sure that is what I strive for as Shadowclans leader. When I sit on the great rock amongst the other clans, I wish to be the hunter, and not the hunted." He meowed, looking to the canopy above him at the stars before looking back down at Bloodstrike, it would not be wise to keep his eyes off of him, after all.

"What can I do to achieve that?"

A long, bloody night [C] Dfdosgv-70e9318b-eb4f-43c6-9628-3bb18010e426.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzgyMmY1OGNhLWMyNjAtNDQzYy1iZDIyLWVhNGZiODYxMjFhOFwvZGZkb3Nndi03MGU5MzE4Yi1lYjRmLTQzYzYtOTYyOC0zYmIxODAxMGU0MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0
70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: A long, bloody night [C]   A long, bloody night [C] EmptySun 18 Sep 2022 - 23:12

Of all the questions any cat would have asked him, Bloodstrike had never been prepared to hear that one. He blinked in surprise, the stoic expression lifting for a fraction of an instant. He gave this young tom another look, an honest one, considering the other being that sat across from him. He had his own scars already, whereas Bloodstrike earned his first set very young from none other than his own father. The obvious slashmarks across his face were from Wolfstar, a single incident where Bloodstrike had physically stopped him from running back into the fire to save his mother, Bloodstrike's grandmother. Wolfstar had apologized and regretted his actions, of which Bloodstrike shrugged off and forgave his father quickly.

Where had this one got his?

"Other cats tend to fear that which they cannot control, first off, and they don't know what to do with a cat that they cannot intimidate. My alleged "fearlessness" stemmed entirely from anger and a desire to right the wrongs of my grandfather, Spottedstar, the coward that abandoned the forest when the Righteous Few attacked. They were a small section of Starclan that physically came down to a gathering and started a battle that involved all of the clans. They believed that those who were not pure blood of each clan and those who didn't follow the code deserved death, or worse. Skyclan had few offenders, and thus was spared much punishment. Instead of defending the other clans, Spottedstar called for Skyclan to retreat, leaving the other clans to whatever fate befell them.

Skyclan was seen as cowards ever since, and I found that out at my first gathering as an apprentice. I vowed that Skyclan would be feared when I became it's leader."
Clearly, he accomplished that. It was a lifelong goal and a victory for himself, the only one he had a true claim to.

"My advice to you is this: When you say you're going to do something, do it, don't let others sway you. With that mindset, however, you need to be careful to not make promises you cannot keep, or make threats that you will not carry out. When I threaten to fight or kill someone, I do it. When I say I will stand by someone's side, I will not waver regardless of circumstance.

Avoid conflict if you can, but if you can't, throw everything you have into being the victor. Be willing to do anything, whether it means taking another cat's life or infuriating whatever Starclan cat that disapproves, you have to do it. Most cats are swift to take advantage of a loss and jeer you for what they perceive as a failure. They will be just as swift to ignore any good deeds you do or victories that you have. It's better to be scorned for a dishonorable win than to mocked for an honorable loss and your clan will be safer for it, even if they disagree with you."

For all of the awful things Bloostrike had done, it had never been for anything other than to defend his clan. Skyclan was everything to him, even now. Should they ever get into major conflict, he would be there in the battle whether they welcomed his presence or not. Now that he was a rogue, he was free to kill without reprimand and he would do so to an extent that even Dawnhawk would quirk an eyebrow at, if it ever became necessary.

"Things got out of paw for me, which is why I am a rogue now. I made a grave mistake, and that was staying as the leader of Skyclan well beyond when even I knew I had no place being there. I'd wager that's the hardest part of being leader; knowing when your time has come and that you are no longer fit. My anger clouded my judgement and controlled many of my last few regrettable actions. Now here I am."

It had been a bitter herb to swallow, but swallow it he had. It didn't necessarily cool his short temper, but he at least had come to accept his position as a former leader of Skyclan instead of a current one. He then waited to see if there was more that the tom wanted to know or if he had questions about what he'd just said.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Grey
Former Staff
Former Staff
Grey

PostSubject: Re: A long, bloody night [C]   A long, bloody night [C] EmptySat 24 Sep 2022 - 22:36

"I see." Nightstar mewed simply, listening intently and yet never letting his guard down enough to lose awareness of his surroundings.

"It sounds like a very slippery slope to walk, with no end in sight, and a steep gorge on either side of you, if I will be frank. I want to do what is best for my clan, and I will do anything to achieve that, but I am certain that there must be limits. If I am to push on, no matter what I decide, what is to stop me from committing grievous war crimes? Surely, at some point, I will have corrupted myself through my own ambition that I will not know I have crossed the line?" He inquired, intrigued at the conversation he was having with Skyclans ex-leader.

"I can do whatever it takes, and I will without a doubt. But who is to stop me? Your guidance is invaluable, but it is flawed. But I am both confused, and understanding of what you've decided to divulge. But I will be honest, that perhaps I am a foolish leader, but I am young and had you still been Skyclans leader until now, I would not have hesitated to take Highpine from your claws. Shadowclan grows stronger by the night, and they must be fed something other than carrion, and to do that, I'd go for the clan I'd feel the least remorse in doing so, that being a clan and a cat at its helm deemed aggressive. Do you see where my confusion lies? I'd feel and still do, feel more inclined to go for a clan I deem a threat, to assuage my guilt." Nightstar meowed, quite a bit more honest than he'd typically be, but Bloodstrike was invaluable a council, if not just for a moment.

"I would not do it now. Briarstar has kept my clan safe in Froststars absence, so I am unfortunately indebted until my paws are forced." He meowed again, doing his best to give some ease of comfort to Bloodstrike that he would not go for his home clan... yet. Highpine was a very valuable and prime territory, where the ground was dry and prey was plumper. But could he afford to wait until Leaf-bare, or until other means forced him to take the territory that had protected and healed his clan?

70 HP / 160 SP
Back to top Go down
Tara
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Tara

Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: A long, bloody night [C]   A long, bloody night [C] EmptyWed 5 Oct 2022 - 0:45

Bloodstrike listened to the younger tom with patience. Not everyone agreed with Bloodstrike's philosophy, but it had worked wonders for him before. He never saw a reason to change it. This was a conversation that he liked, and more of a relief to have it which was a surprise to him. Maybe he was finally tired of being misunderstood, maybe he was just tired in general. He was old now after all.

"You'd certainly need to set limits for yourself, what you will and will not do, but unfortunately you must learn by doing. If you have a trusted council, listen to them, but once you have made a decision you must stick to it. Listen quickly and speak slowly." It was honest advice, but it took moons to be considered a good and effective leader. Very, very few cats were born with such a talent. A white and gold tom with blazing blue eyes flashed back into Bloodstrike's memory and he forced that thought away. Dawnhawk had been leader material in Bloodstrike's eyes, but his lust for power became his downfall. It was a real shame.

Bloodstrike chuckled at the idea of Shadowclan taking Highpine from him. He didn't necessarily mean for it to be condescending, but the thought was amusing.

"You say that you'd target Skyclan now, but if trying to get Highpine from us cost you the lives of a warrior or two every time you tried, I assure you that you and your clan would turn their eyes elsewhere, or you are a fool. Not doing what is best for your clan just because you like or even dislike another leader shows your inexperience. That isn't your fault by the way, you have to learn. I actually had a lot of respect for Flintstar, and as a matter of fact, Flintstar gave me leadership advice when I was an apprentice at Highpine. He gave me a lot of other knowledge too when I came asking questions. That being said, as much as I liked him, if my clan was starving, I wouldn't hesitate to take his life over and over again to secure food for them. You can't let your emotions get in the way of things, if you can help it. It clouds your judgement and will spur you to make poor decisions.

Furthermore, I was a protective leader, not an aggressive one. There is a difference. Dawnhawk was aggressive. An aggressive threat should be terminated. A protective one should be respected and not trifled with unless necessary. I gave Shadowclan herbs from our own stock when Dawnhawk and his rogues attacked Shadowclan. If your or Murkystar were to come to me and ask permission to hunt on Highpine, I would have allowed it. I may have even offered it to Shadowclan for a time if I thought my clan would be fine without Highpine for awhile. Violence should not be the first answer to a problem, but it can certainly be and often is the final answer. I know I have a reputation, but I'm not entirely as empty-headed as other clans may think. I was, and still am, a far better ally than an enemy, though I can be a fierce enemy too. Make sure other clans know that about you and Shadowclan will do fine."

Bloodstrike had not been without his flaws, as no one was, but everything he did he had done for Skyclan. He had few regrets, and none of them were what he did to keep his clan flourishing. He'd take the Asylum prison all over again if necessary, where they ripped off his tail and marred his appearance to what he was today. I have repaid you, Flintstar... or whatever your name is now. I have returned the kindness you once showed me. A rare warm, fuzzy feeling in his chest was there for a moment... before he inwardly and silently scolded it away.

Plotting pages
* = Disabled Stats

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A long, bloody night [C]   A long, bloody night [C] Empty