Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Familiar Company [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Characters : Stormdance (S) Rainfrost (R) Sunpool (Su) Wrenpaw (W) Hawkmist (H)
Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 1024

Familiar Company [c] Empty
PostSubject: Familiar Company [c]   Familiar Company [c] EmptyWed 7 Sep 2022 - 14:06

Stormdance

Stormdance sat just outside the warriors den, watching the rain fall from where he was sheltered among some reeds. He had, thankfully, made it back to camp from a hunting trip just before the storm hit, avoiding getting stuck in the rain. Now he sat with his ears folded back, contemplating if it was worth it to walk to the fresh kill pile to get food. A roll of thunder made his fur stand on end, and he decided that he was quite content where he was. He may not be as much of a scaredy-cat as he was in his youth, but storms still freaked him out, and there had been far too many of them as of late for his taste. Besides, his leg was aching worse than usual with the storm raging.

A familiar flash of white fur caught Stormdance’s attention, pulling his gaze away from the clouds above. A smile appeared on his lips as he watched the ever-playful Irispaw. He recalled that they met during a storm quite like this, and her company had helped take his mind off the fear. Stars, that wasn’t all that long ago, but it felt like ages by now. So much had happened…including Irispaw’s apprentice ceremony.

“Irispaw,” He called to catch the younger cat’s attention. He still didn’t feel like wandering into the rain, nor did he care for the idea of standing up and putting weight on his bad leg right now. Hopefully Irispaw wouldn’t mind coming to him. “Do you have a minute? I want to hear about how your training has been going.” He gave her a warm smile.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
LadyMelon

LadyMelon

Characters : Irispaw [RC]
Clan/Rank : RiverClan Apprentice
Aries Tiger
Number of posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Company [c]   Familiar Company [c] EmptyThu 8 Sep 2022 - 19:01

Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 In this rare moment of inactivity, Irispaw relished in the comfort of the volume of her mind, as the camp she paced about was otherwise silent. She'd spent many a sunny day running about as both a kit and an apprentice, enjoying the world around her, but she rarely took the time to properly study it. To see Home for the things it was made of, rather than just Home. It looked so different on sunny days. Sun dappled into their clearing, and there was always some sort of commotion, with cats of all ages walking around and going about their business. The ground underfoot- perpetually spongy- would dry and make for a more welcome ground to trod upon, and the assorted critters would come out in force to make the most of the pleasant day. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 Irispaw pressed her front paws more firmly against the ground, feeling the mud squeeze and squish between her toes. She took a moment to immerse herself in the sensation, almost kneading at the forgiving ground, unmindful of how quickly she grew wet in the maelstrom. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 But when it rained, it seemed like the world had turned on its head. The sky never warmed with the light of the sun, to indicate that a new day had begun. The thrum and rhythm of cats about the clearing was replaced with that of rain and thunder, falling and playing its own tune against the ground as many a cat took shelter in their dens. The birdsong and other sounds of the forest grew quiet then, and the River that fed them and gave and took life grew loud as it roared with its speed and hunger. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 It was on days like these, she idled, where the sky cried and made all that lay below it wet with its tears, that one found the best company with loved ones. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 2601 "Irispaw," Familiar Company [c] 26c5

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 Speak of the angel. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 Irispaw greeted her first friend with a happy chirrup, trotting up as he spoke to hear him over his namesake. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 "Heya Stormdance! 'Course I've got a minute! I've got so many minutes that I'm not using, and always happy to spend them with a friend," she enthused, settling before him in a parallel to how they'd first met. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 "My training's been going great so far! Poppyshine's the absolute best, and I'm learning to spar with her right now. Oh, the trick you showed me, with the Moss Boss! That came in super handy in our first spar, thanks for showing me that! I'm still learning tons of new stuff and seeing the world outside the Camp, and there's so much oh my gosh, you wouldn't believe it! Except you would because you already did the apprentice thing and now you're a warrior and you have apprentices and you've probably seen like everything everything, so you definitely would believe it," she nodded to herself, as if affirming her own thoughts. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 "Where was I going with that... Doesn't matter! Point is, training is going great and thank you! Also! How are you doing with the leg? I heard you got real hurt running afowl of two dozen foxes and geese." Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Clan/Rank : Riverclan, Tier 5 Warrior (S) Skyclan, Tier 3 Warrior (R) Riverclan, Tier 2 Warrior (Su) Riverclan, Apprentice (W) Shadowclan, Tier 2 Warrior (H)
Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Company [c]   Familiar Company [c] EmptySun 11 Sep 2022 - 13:01

Stormdance

Stormdance smiled as he listened to Irispaw ramble, settling down more comfortably. She was such a bright cat, and her company was like a ray of sunshine on this stormy day. He was happy to hear her training with Poppyshine was going so well. Of course, he knew Poppyshine would likely be the best mentor anyone could ask for. She may not have been his mentor, but she was always a good friend and guiding force to him.

He blinked a couple times as Irispaw described the “Two dozen foxes and geese.” There certainly had been enough foxes and geese on their doorstep lately to feel that way, but not all at once. Oh stars, the very thought frightened him a little bit. He was vividly reminded of his first real interaction with Woolywing, where Woolywing had been so excited to hear of his “triumphant” defeat over some snakes with Poppyshine. It still baffles him that any other cats think of him like that. Especially when he had so many failures.

“There’s still plenty of the world out there I need to experience first hand,” He said with a warm purr. “And besides, it never really gets old. There’s something new every day.” Granted, sometimes the something new is something terrifying, but Stormdance doesn’t mention that part. “I’m glad the trick came in handy,” He said. “My mentor showed me a similar trick before I had become an apprentice. I’m happy to carry that tradition on, I suppose.” He chuckled.

“As for my leg, it’s doing much better, thank you for asking. Though it was just one fox,” He said with a small laugh. “No warrior would be able to handle that many predators at once. We have had more than our fair share in recent moons though, unfortunately.”

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
LadyMelon

LadyMelon

Aries Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Company [c]   Familiar Company [c] EmptyMon 12 Sep 2022 - 21:08

Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343Familiar Company [c] 1f338Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 Irispaw nodded with all due seriousness at Stormdance's wisdom. There were so many new things to learn all the time! She was learning things constantly just by looking around and going about camp, and becoming an apprentice just helped her learn even more things. Before she'd become one, her perspective had been so limited- confined to first the Nursery, then the camp as she grew and explored and learned. She'd never even been able to properly see the River that her clan was so named for, her whole world confined to that little clearing. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 Now though? She'd seen trees and birds and fish and animals that were alive and breathing and moving and living. She'd seen what the Clan's territory looked like from beyond their little glade, seen grasses and flowers and things she had no name for, but knew were just good and beautiful. Seeing new things- and learning new things to go along with them- was one of the most comforting constants of her life. For to learn was to grow, to improve, to become better and stronger and smarter- a Warrior. She wasn't there yet, and she didn't know when she would be. But she would do her utmost to keep her eyes open and looking towards the future, taking in the lessons that life gave her along the way. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 Blinking from her musings, she felt herself grow warm at the thought of being able to hold that tradition. She'd had more than a paw and a half of siblings in her litter, and there was no shortage of other kits in the nursery needing attention growing up. For all that she'd been clingy and needy and bothersome, Irispaw had been fairly independent from a young age, constantly trying to leave the Nursery far before her time. It meant she didn't have as strong of a connection with her parents or siblings as many other cats did, as she'd never taken the time to properly bond with them growing up. It left her feeling a bit empty at times, that lack of connection that should've been there, that she'd prevented through her own actions. But this connection- the tradition- was a lovely bit of a grounding point for her. And she knew- should she ever encounter a kit in a similar situation, she'd do her best to pass it on to them. Continuing the tradition. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 Irispaw's lips quivered a bit in disbelieving bemusement. Despite Stormdance's words to the contrary, she was quite certain that him and Poppyshine working in tandem would absolutely be able to take down a whole burrow of foxes if they ever really felt like it- they were both so strong! But they were also very kind and merciful and she knew those predators should thank their lucky stars that neither of them bothered to turn the predators into prey. Still, Stormdance seemed insistent on making people think he didn't have the power of his namesake filling his bones, so she'd play along. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 "I'm glad that you're feeling better! And I definitely believe you when you say that you wouldn't be able to handle a dozen foxes blind with a paw bound to your chest," Irispaw chirped, convincing nobody. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 "...But you're right. The Medicine Den has been almost overflowing with the flood of cats that have had injuries lately," she worried, looking towards where the Den lay as her ears folded back. "Do you think Dovesight and Sandypaw are doing alright? I don't know anything about healing or being a Medicine Cat, but it seems really difficult. I wish there was some way I could help." Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601Familiar Company [c] 26c5Familiar Company [c] 2601
Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Company [c]   Familiar Company [c] EmptyTue 13 Sep 2022 - 13:27

Stormdance

Stormdance’s whiskers twitched in amusement at Irispaw’s oh-so-convincing statement of disbelief. As hard as it was to believe that another cat thought of him in such high regard, and as much as he fretted that he would inevitably let her down one day, it… admittedly made him feel a little warm inside, too.

He followed Irispaw’s gaze towards the medicine den where he had spent so many nights, and he sighed. “I’m sure it’s exhausting for them. And stressful. They’re both wonderful at what they do, especially considering how Dovesight didn’t get to have an official mentor to teach her what to do. I don’t know much about healing either, but I know they work hard.”

He turned his attention back to the young she-cat in front of him. “But there are ways you can help,” He said, his voice falling into that now-familiar tone he used for his mentoring. “Just bringing them some prey after hunting or checking in on them every now and then would definitely be appreciated, and I’m sure they’d appreciate you asking them up front if you can help.”

“Right now we’re all doing what we can to help support them and the rest of our clan. All the warriors have been helping with herb-gathering and other menial tasks. I’m sure if you ask them or Poppyshine, you’ll be put to work soon enough.” He chuckled. “It’s good that you want to help them, Irispaw. It shows that you’ve already got the spirit of a warrior.”

Then Stormdance paused, and gave a rueful smile. “Oh, listen to me. I sound like a wizened elder giving out advice.” He laughed. “I’m sorry, Irispaw, I didn’t mean to start lecturing like that.” He shook his head. “Are you excited for your first gathering soon?” He was terrified for his, but Irispaw was a considerably more social cat than he ever was.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
LadyMelon

LadyMelon

Aries Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Company [c]   Familiar Company [c] EmptyThu 29 Sep 2022 - 20:43

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 Irispaw frowned, looking at the medicine den. She hadn't known that Dovesight had never had a mentor to learn under. She thought to the guidance she'd received so far from Poppyshine and winced. If she'd had to become a warrior without Poppyshine's help... it was a concerning thought. Poor Dovesight. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 At the mention of being able to help though, Irispaw's ears perked up, and she turned to Stormdance with wide eyes, listening intently. She didn't want to get in the way of the clan's healers, so approaching them properly seemed out of the question- she was very good at getting in the way and being underfoot. But helping from a distance- just making sure that they had food and getting them helpful things- that she could do. Her tail thumped against the muddy ground in pleasure at the idea, before thumping harder at the praise Stormdance levelled at her. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 She bet Stormdance was a fantastic mentor. Even if she wouldn't trade her mentorship with Poppyshine for the world, a part of her was a little sad she wouldn't be able to learn under Stormdance. He was very good at keeping his cool and providing all sorts of amazing ideas. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 Irispaw beamed at Stormdance. "No need to apologize, Stormdance! You always have great things to say and give me all sorts of good advice and ideas, I really appreciate it!" she enthused. She seemed to almost dance in place at the mentioning of the gathering. "I'm so so SO excited for my first gathering! It's going to be the farthest I'll have ever gone from the camp, and I'm absolutely ecstatic! And it'll be my first time seeing other clans, and other cats, and other clan cats and cat clans! I really really hope that everybody'll be super duper nice and friendly!" she wished. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 At that, she let out a small sneeze that jolted her whole body. Shaking her head, she looked to the maelstrom above with a small frown. "Hmmm... I think I miiiiiiight've been out in the rain a little too long," she noted absently, pawing at her nose a bit as she made no move to actually get out of the rain pouring over her thoroughly drenched body. "At least I can get used to it now!" Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Company [c]   Familiar Company [c] EmptyMon 3 Oct 2022 - 12:46

Stormdance

Stormdance couldn't help but smile at Irispaw's reassurances. It was nice to hear that Irispaw appreciated his ramblings. Then he fought a chuckle at the sight of Irispaw dancing in place at the mention of the gathering, eyes warm at her clear and visible excitement. He thought dryly of his first gathering, when the news of Cloverheart's death had been revealed and such chaos had broken out that Starclan had to step in. Ever since then he'd always been a little anxious when it comes to gatherings. He hoped Irispaw would never have to experience the same stress.

He started a little at Irispaw's sneeze. With a soft laugh he said, "Come on now, get under some  shelter." He said, nodding to the shelter of the reeds he'd taken cover under. "Unless you want to be visiting the medicine den for a cold instead of being there to help. And besides, more than just my personal worry to your health, I do believe that if I let Poppyshine's apprentice get sick she'd be honor-bound to challenge me in a dual, and I'd definitely lose against her." He laughed, a twinkle in his eye. He's only (mostly) joking, of course, but Irispaw's cheer inspired some of the same from him.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP
#7ba3a8

Rainfrost
SkC Tier 3 Warrior
50HP/120SP
#446fb3

My Cats!

Back to top Go down
LadyMelon

LadyMelon

Aries Tiger

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Company [c]   Familiar Company [c] EmptyTue 4 Oct 2022 - 22:08

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 Irispaw beamed at the invitation to join Stormdance, taking a moment to step a short distance away and shake her fur out as much as she physically could (she didn't want to be rude!) before looking to find a spot in the shelter of the reeds. "I wouldn't want to be making more work there, no sir," she agreed with Stormdance, scanning the area momentarily before a very tempting idea popped into her head. Her nose twitched in mischief before she managed to compose her face again to respond. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 "I dunno about all that, I think Poppyshine might just call me silly and give me a little scolding for staying out in the rain for so long as to catch a cold because 'If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times, you need to stop looking for trouble and start paying attention and pull your head out of the clouds, you should know better by now, Iriskit'-er, paw." Irispaw looked momentarily chagrined. "Not that Poppyshine's ever said anything like that, mind you, she's the best! Just, ya know..." she trailed off, before shaking herself out again and making more visible effort to find a spot amongst the reeds to settle. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Familiar Company [c] 1f338 Except there really wasn't aaaalllll that much space in the reeds. Really just about none at all. No, that wasn't an excuse she was making for herself. It just so happened that there was no space amongst the reeds for a whole other cat to find shelter, so she had to make do and cuddle up against Stormdance. Oh nooooo, it was a real shame she thought as she pressed herself against his side, his bulk and longer fur radiating warmth against her much smaller body. "Sorry about this, there's really no more room over here, and I figured you wouldn't mind sharing," she smirked, no shortage of mischief in her tone. Such a shame there was no place else to settle. Oh darn. She didn't bother to suppress the purrs that arose from leaning against Stormdance. He was really warm and cozy. Familiar Company [c] 1f343

Back to top Go down
lostfanboy

lostfanboy

Sagittarius Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Familiar Company [c]   Familiar Company [c] EmptyThu 6 Oct 2022 - 15:36

Stormdance

Stormdance blinked a little at Irispaw's description of the scolding she would receive, as he couldn't truly imagine the mild-mannered Poppyshine delivering such a rebuke. Still, he supposed she was a mother, even if she wasn't Irispaw's. Mothers tended to be good at scolding. He blinked again at the clarification, giving a little nod. "She is the best," He agreed amicably, giving Irispaw a little smile. He watched as Irispaw shook her pelt out vigorously, though, of course the water was quickly replaced by the rain still pelting down.

Stormdance couldn't help his snort as Irispaw settled in. She really did remind him of a young Brookstone, with that teasing tilt in her voice and mischief in her eyes. Still, he certainly didn't mind. He's always been an affectionate sort, and while Irispaw was certainly damp, it didn't make much of a difference when he's already cold from the foul weather. He matched her purrs with some of his own, leaning against her in turn. "That's quite alright," He said with a soft laugh. "So long as you're comfortable."

Turning his attention back to the rain, he tilted his head back to watch the downpour, nose twitching when a few droplets hit him. "I think I could grow to like the sound of rain," He murmured softly, a smile on his face. He'd have to face the rain soon enough to return to his duties, but for now, he could just relax and enjoy some good company.

#9999cc

Sunpool
RC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100SP
#de0404

Wrenpaw
RC Apprentice
20 HP/60SP
#1f6e55

Hawkmist
SC Tier 2 Warrior
40HP/100 SP