Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty
PostSubject: Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyTue 30 Aug 2022 - 3:36

Fawnshine

The sky slowly faded from blue to orange, it felt like time had moved so fast. In just a few blinks, Fawnshine remembered all there was. First was the arrival of her and her siblings — then to her becoming a medicine cat, to StarClan disappearing, the Dark Forest cat's arrivals, Dovefrost's death, whom she still much admired and needed to find the killer of... To ShadowClan's unexpected turmoil. Every passing moment, things were growing and changing. Much like her clan and herself. Dozing in thought, she had nearly done the unbelievable mistake of adding in another herb — though she quickly got it out before she wrapped the herb bundle.

Heading outside to the apprentice's den, she was to prepare for another young cat's Moonstone journey. "Nightpaw? Are you awake yet? It's time to go." She called out, careful to not wake the other apprentices. Setting the bundle down, she would wait for Nightpaw to finish it.

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat
Number of posts : 6022

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyWed 31 Aug 2022 - 17:27

Nightpaw had hardly slept since learning that her trip to the Moonstone was happening soon, which could have meant anything from a day to the next moon- fate had shone kindly upon her, and while she wasn't quite awake when Fawnshine called her- rather in a bit of a dreamlike haze, possibly due to skipping out on so much sleep- the familiar sound of the medicine cat's voice got her attention immediately. "I'm up!" Then, remembering that other cats were trying to sleep, she murmured an apology to her disturbed denmates before exiting the apprentice's den.

It felt like so long ago that she'd been apprenticed, the first of her siblings to receive a mentor.

(She wondered, with a glance to where Hornetpaw was sleeping, if she would be the last to become a warrior. It wasn't a competition- not anymore at least, with Eggdrop a medicine cat, Hornetpaw being Hornetpaw, and the others dead.)

She was approaching the end of her apprenticeship, and the beginning of her life as a warrior; this was the first real milestone. After this, there was really just her assessment- something she didn't really have many, if any, concerns about, being a skilled hunter and a decent fighter- and waiting for Minnowstar, Mottlerose, and Dayquill to decide that she was ready to move forward.

The end of one thing, and the start of another.

Though it was bittersweet, there was a small smile on her face. "I'm ready to go, Fawnshine."

I think I'm ready to move forward.

ShadowClan ~ ThunderClan ~ SkyClan ~ SkyClan ~ RiverClan ~ Nomad
Leader ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Warrior ~ Scout
Tier 5 ~ Tier 5 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 3 ~ Tier 1 ~ Tier 3
Back to top Go down
Arcana

Arcana

Characters : [F]awnshine, [Fe]nnelbreeze, [T]hrushnose, [H]arrierpaw
Cancer Buffalo
Number of posts : 1477

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 3 Sep 2022 - 6:37

Fawnshine

"Then let us go, then." She would nod, paws steadily making way through the entrance of ThunderClan's camp. Nightpaw was ready for her Moonstone journey, much like many other apprentices before. Seems like they all must be ready before following the full path of a warrior, or a medicine cat. Only a pity that she couldn't go to the stone herself to complete the final ceremony. Eyes reverting to their masked state of presumed naturalness, she continued, though it was as if nothing had changed.

---------

"We're here. Keep close to the tip of my tail, or my scent, alright? It'll be dark inside." With those words reminded to the apprentice before they headed in, she walked with careful steps, following the pathway that had been dull with many, many paw steps from generations before. At last, as the Moonstone appeared in front of their eyes, she had one last reminder for Nightpaw. "Touch your nose to the stone, and StarClan should guide you the rest. I'll be here when you awake."

Thrushnose │ ThunderClan │ Tier V Warrior │ 70HP / 160SP │ #7b675d
Fennelbreeze │ WindClan │ Tier IV Warrior│ 60HP / 140SP │ #88ab84
Fawnshine │ ThunderClan │ T4 Classic MC │ 25HP / 60SP │ #d1bea8
Harrierpaw (not pictured)│ SkyClan │ Apprentice │ 20HP / 60SP │ #944c3e

Art Requests │ ​Character ProfilesHeart Chart
Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Characters : | Leopardstar | Nightdancer | Lightningbreeze | Mistflower | Scarletflare |
Clan/Rank : | ShadowClan Leader | ThunderClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | SkyClan Warrior | RiverClan Warrior |
Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySat 3 Sep 2022 - 13:56

"I understand," the apprentice nodded as Fawnshine instructed her to stay close. There was something haunting about it, she thought- a tunnel of darkness, like living shadow, that burst into light when they entered the Moonstone's chamber. "...It's beautiful," she murmured, awestruck by its brilliance. The moonlight lit up the cavern in a way she couldn't have dreamed.

And at last, it was time to go to hers. "Thank you, Fawnshine."

She touched her nose to the stone, eye-to-eye with its brilliance before she allowed them to close and sleep to overtake her. The sight of the Moonstone and its beauty was something she would always carry with her, she was sure.

Hopefully, she would be able to say the same about the wisdom of her ancestors.

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1847

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptySun 4 Sep 2022 - 13:33

Burningwolf stood in front of the apprentice as she came into focus. Her glaringly orange pelt was only dimmed by the stars in which she was made of. It was odd, one could say, to see her in front of this ThunderClan cat. In life, she had no relations to the clan besides being neighbors. However, in the afterlife there were no clans, only cats in need of guidance.

"Good evening, Nightpaw." The she-cat said warmly, as a tiny bundle of gold peeked around her paws, his eyes wide with wonder as he stared up at the apprentice. "How do you feel like things are going so far?" She dipped her head, urging the young one to speak.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
Holly
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Holly

Gemini Cat

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 5 Sep 2022 - 15:34

Nightpaw hoped that her disappointment wasn't too obvious to the StarClan cat- she'd really hoped to see her sister one last time, or maybe one of her brothers. She didn't know the starlit cat before her, but dipped her head respectfully nonetheless. "It's hard to say... Things will be fine one day, but awful the next. It's taken me so long to get this far... For a while, I thought I wouldn't make it here. That I'd be an apprentice forever."

Part of her wanted to maintain the facade of confidence, but she was sure StarClan knew more than the living. They could see through her, so there was no point in hiding now.

The apprentice shook her head. "I wanted to be great. Someone whose name they would remember for generations to come! And... I still want that. But I don't know how to get there from here. One of my sisters is a medicine cat, the other is dead. My only living brother won't give me the time of day. What am I supposed to do?"

Though she stood in an act of ceremony, following in the footsteps of countless cats before her, she felt hopelessly lost and alone in that moment. An honesty she hadn't expected from herself.

"How do I become the cat I want to be, the one I want to see in my reflection?"

Back to top Go down
Stags

Stags

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 1847

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey EmptyMon 12 Sep 2022 - 6:26

Burningwolf mused for a second before flicking her tail and starting. "The biggest thing for you to realize is that living for a legacy won't get you anywhere. When I was a young warrior, I received a dream from a StarClan cat begging me to help them get justice against Tinystar, SkyClan's leader at the time. They had killed him in camp for his father's crimes." Burningwolf swallowed and continued on.

"So I led a trial. I found Tinystar guilty and made him step down as leader temporarily as well as executing him and taking a life for the life he unfairly took.... My point of all of this, have you ever heard of this story? It was unprecedented, not done before or since. The story of a great legacy? But time forgets you. You see, you have no control who lives, who dies, and who tells your story." Her voice was somber, and her eyes shown with a sense of begging the young cat to understand.

"So in order to become the cat you want to be, you need to really sit down and think about what really is the cat you want to be and what's important to you. Legacies are not real. But what's real is how you feel living your life. What matters is your family, your clan, in the here and now and the next day- not moons from now when it's too late and you've passed. Touch the cats now, not the ones in the future. That's a real legacy, and that's a cat to be proud of to see in the reflection."

She stood, her pelt disappearing slowly as it faded into the stars around her. She gave a final nod before she was gone.

.: Coyotegrin :: Kestrelchirp :: Quailprowler : Singedfox :.
#9966ff : #cc3300 : #6699ff : #993366 : Bold
WC T5 Warrior : WC T3 Warrior : TC T2 Warrior : SC T1 Warrior (Perma-NPC)
"When there's nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey   Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Nightpaw's Moonstone Journey
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: Highstones-
Jump to: