Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Soaking [closed training]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2846

Soaking [closed training] Empty
PostSubject: Soaking [closed training]   Soaking [closed training] EmptyWed Aug 24, 2022 2:43 pm

(OOC: Im just going off the scrolling text for the weather 🤷)

(OOC: so let me know what you think about this idea, whenever I mentor I like always am such a kind nice encouraging mentor... but like... I kinda wanna mix it up?  I kinda want Daisybreeze to be a bit more harsh and drill sergeant like than my other mentors of the past.  If thats okay with you let me know and she can be more critical, harsher, ect.  She still will look out for lynx its just she will be very competitive, and kinda push her pretty hard/use her for whatever she wants done.  If you rather tho, I can stick to not doing that and just do what I normally do which is more positive vibes.)

Rain, every day it felt like there would be more and more of the stupid stuff.  Everything was just soaked to the point where when you walked around camp, the ground was all mushy under your paws.  It was impossible to keep dry and the humidity was ughhhh. Regardless, training had to go on and the clan still needed fresh kill always.

Tramping through the muck and ever muddying camp Daisybreeze went to the apprentice den to see her newly given apprentice.  She was proud no doubt that SHE had been picked as a mentor at such a young age.  Of course she wasn't exactly suprised by this, what better cat could there be to mentor? She certainly had alot of self confidence and she was very very competitive. She did what it took to win, whatever winning meant on that day... today it meant teaching Lynxpaw how to hunt. The sooner she did that, the sooner she could start hunting for the clan (and better yet, for her).  The muck made hunting patrols not so great so if she could "volunteer" her to fill her spot on future patrols after she showed her the ropes ... well that would be pretty nice and she could even say it was for "her experience" so double bonus points perhaps.  She grinned a little to herself.  Perhaps Smallbean underestimated giving her an apprentice afterall, no matter she would make good use of Lynx.

"Lynxpaw!" she snapped loudly. She was older than the apprentice but not by aton. So she wanted to set the tone from the very beginning of their mentor-apprentice relationship that she would be the one in charge and Lynxpaw would do as she said.

"Hunting time, you get to come with me into the moors and run around in the mud.  We stay out there in the nasty weather until you catch a rabbit so on Starclan I hope you are fast and are a quick learner" she said with a flick of her tail leading her out of camp and into the windclan territory.

The rain was constant, not terribly hard but it was soaking to the pelt and there was no shelter in the open moors.  
Was Daisybreeze comfortable? Absolutely not!

She hated being out here just as much as any sane cat would but this was the best time to teach, if Lynxpaw could catch things in this, she could anywhere.

Slowing to a stop in a spot that was relatively dry (there are no completely dry areas anywhere) she showed Lynx the basics of the hunting crouch.

"Alright LISTEN UP! she said loudly turning to her newbie.

"Tail low to the ground, belly hovering just over the earth, low profile and silent.  You sneak up as close as you can and pounce, the closer you get before hand the less running you have to do later, but too greedy and you have to start all over when they spot you.  She gave a brief demonstration to show what she meant.

Now, your turn... but you do it over there" she pointed with her tail to a very very muddy patch that was icky looking.

"Practice in the harshest conditions and you will  excel when its game time.  You practice your hunting crouch right over that mud and if you do it right you might not get your belly fur soaked. Daisybreeze instructed.  Would Lynx get their belly fur muddy? Absolutely, at least that is what Daisybreeze hoped for, you had to go through some mud sometimes to catch things and if Lynx didn't like that she could go back to the nursery as far as Daisybreeze was concerned.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down

Soaking [closed training]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory-
Jump to: