Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Come In [Yarrowblossom]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Karuna

Karuna

Characters : [L]Lilyvalley, [E]Elmpaw, [R]Robinmist, [A]Adderkit
Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse
Number of posts : 2226

Come In [Yarrowblossom] Empty
PostSubject: Come In [Yarrowblossom]   Come In [Yarrowblossom] EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 16:37

Dovesight heaved a sigh as she looked at her shrinking herb supply. It wasn't that she wasn't replenishing them, but there was so much she needed them for, she was running out quicker than she could collect. It was still green leaf, she shouldn't be running this low. But with so many predators looming around the territory, she didn't even know what she could do at this point. There were so many injuries and not enough supply to heal them. She dreaded when leaf bare came and she had nothing to heal her Clan with.

She closed her eyes for a moment, realizing that her head was aching from the stress of all this. She desperately hoped that this would be resolved soon.

Hearing a noise at the entrance of her den, Dovesight turned to see Yarrowblossom. For a moment, there was despair in her eyes, but that went away once she realized there was no fresh wounds on the tom.

"Yarrowblossom? Is everything alright?"

Come In [Yarrowblossom] SZhpb
Art by Copperbeanz

Lilyvalley* | ShadowClan Warrior | 45/90 | #6e174c
Elmpaw | RiverClan Apprentice | 20/60 | #1c1c70
Robinmist | Skyclan Elder | 60/80 | #4E5A64
Adderkit | ThunderClan Kit | 10/30 | #99b586 (Not Pictured)

Profiles | Heart Chart | Plotting

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: Come In [Yarrowblossom]   Come In [Yarrowblossom] EmptyFri 19 Aug 2022 - 15:37

Yarrowblossom
Yarrowblossom was taken aback by the look on Dovesight’s face. He’d been having issues with his injured paw recently; on top of the joint aches, the mobility in his leg only seemed to be getting worse. His bones had healed long before, but the sheer amount of injury to his leg had made the bones fuse incorrectly. Now, moons after the fox attack, his scarred-over leg was oddly bent and the paw was losing its ability to keep up with Yarrowblossom’s others. He refused to be downed by it though, keeping his head up high as he maneuvered his way into acclimating.

The aching was becoming a bit of an issue, though. One that Yarrowblossom was hoping to have Dovesight help with. His plans changed sharply, however, when his odd eyes fell upon a clearly devastated Dovesight. He’d seen her at her absolute worst, he was well acquainted with the fear in her eyes regardless of how hard she attempted to hide it. ”Hi Dovesight, I didn’t mean to scare you! Everything’s fine, I just came over to talk about my leg a little. Is everything okay with you, though? You seem out of it.”

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Clan/Rank : [L]ShadowClan T3 Warrior, [E]RiverClan Apprentice, [R]SkyClan Elder, [A]ThunderClan Kit
Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Come In [Yarrowblossom]   Come In [Yarrowblossom] EmptyFri 19 Aug 2022 - 15:54

"Oh, don't worry, you didn't scare me! Come on in, let's get that leg of yours looked at then." Dovesight motioned to one of her nests up in the front of the den. Although thankfully no cat was in the back area, she liked to keep that sectioned off for the sick cats. Just in case.

Once Yarrowblossom sat down, Dovesight picked up the paw, seeing if she could stretch it a bit. Not too much, though. "Does that hurt? Or can I go a little more? I want to see how far the healing has come so far." While the leg would never truly heal, she did want to gauge how much usage Yarrowblossom could get out of it. "Do you know if you are able to put weight on it at all?"

Of course, Yarrowblossom also brought up her current state, and she just heaved a sigh. Of course it would come into question. "Don't worry about me. I'm just a little tired, is all. Sandypaw is still young, and as quickly as she learns, I still have to watch her heal. I've just been darting in between injured cats. Even when the dark forest was here cats didn't get hurt this often! I just hope Perchstar finds a way to take care of these predators soon...."

Another shift in the paw as she tried to find a comfortable position to bind it, and hopefully get it to shift as closely back to normal as possible with as little pain as possible. "Is that alright?"

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Come In [Yarrowblossom]   Come In [Yarrowblossom] EmptyFri 19 Aug 2022 - 16:24

Yarrowblossom
Yarrowblossom followed Dovesight through the medicine den, a little put-off but unsurprised nonetheless. He knew full well that Dovesight would rather have her claws ripped out than admit she was floundering in any way.

”It doesn’t really hurt, not anymore.” the tom answered unsteadily, still eyeing Dovesight. ”It aches when I move it too much though, and it doesn’t quite bend the way it used to— I’ve been putting weight on it just fine but our clanmates keep saying I walk funny. I always walked funny, of course, but apparently it’s been funnier than normal for me.” The limping was getting almost annoying, if Yarrowblossom could help it. He’d spent his entire life clumsy and unbalanced, but now… now it was beyond a quirk and onto something that’s stuck with the tom for his entire life. He didn’t even hate it that much, and that irritated him the most.

Dovesight, in all of her self-sacrificing glory, finally addressed Yarrowblossom’s concerns only to brush him off completely. He couldn’t even say that he was surprised. Unfortunately, Dovesight wasn’t a cat you could force into confession, so Yarrowblossom quickly relented, aiding in changing the conversation. ”How is Sandypaw, by the way? I haven’t seen her much since the eagle, especially now that she’s your apprentice.” Yarrowblossom eyed the empty den for a few seconds like Sandypaw would jump out. ”The predators are… a lot, I know. I’m sorry.”

Yarrowblossom almost felt guilty about the predators. He and Woolywing were the first big attack, back when they were newly apprenticed— had they done something to cause all of these predators to swarm RiverClan? It was preposterous thinking, Yarrowblossom knew, but he couldn’t help himself from letting his mind wander. ”It’s fine. It’s usually my shoulder that hurts the most, anyway.”

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Come In [Yarrowblossom]   Come In [Yarrowblossom] EmptyFri 19 Aug 2022 - 16:38

Dovesight grabbed some sticks and bindweed, making a splint for the paw before turning her attention to the shoulder. As she felt around the shoulder, trying to pinpoint the exact source of pain, she distractedly responded to Yarrowblossom's question. "Sandypaw is doing good. Like I said, she learns quick. She takes this job very seriously, thankfully. She could do with a bit more confidence, though. She is practically glued to my side all the time. Let me know when I hit where it hurts."

Yarrowblossom apologized for the predators, once again switching the conversation back over. "It's greenleaf, there are bound to be predators with the surge of prey. Sure, it gets tiring, keeping up with herb stores and looking after every cat, but it just comes with the job. I'm sure Perchstar will get it sorted out soon." For a moment, she tore her gaze away, looking toward her pitiful pile of herbs. But she merely shook her head, turning back to the task at hand. She would look for more herbs once everything in camp was in order.

"Have I found where it is sore yet?"

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Come In [Yarrowblossom]   Come In [Yarrowblossom] EmptyTue 23 Aug 2022 - 11:43

Yarrowblossom cautiously moved his paw around for a few moments to acclimate to the feeling of the splint. It wasn’t exactly what he wanted— he could already tell walking will be even more of a pain— but whatever Dovesight felt was right was right for him too. ”She’s young, and the eagle is still fresh in [/i]everyone’s[/i] mind. Give her time, she’s a kit! I’m sure she’ll come around soon— ll take her out sometime if you ever need me to!”

Dovesight was quick to reassure Yarrowblossom on the predator situation. He knew it wasn’t his fault, even if it was hard for him to ever blame anyone other than himself. It was out of any cat’s control, even Perchstar’s, and the issue was being dealt with. At least, they were trying to deal with it the best they could. He hasn’t even stopped to think about how the influx was impacting Dovesight, however. Sure, she had an apprentice now, but Sandypaw was young and inexperienced, and Dovesight… Dovesight was alone. ”I can help you with herbs, if you’d like! Just wake me up bright and early so we can go— ow!— we can go hunting— okay, you found the sore part…” Yarrowblossom winced, attempting to roll his shoulder.

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Come In [Yarrowblossom]   Come In [Yarrowblossom] EmptyTue 23 Aug 2022 - 12:18

"If you could do that it would be amazing. I will never deny an extra set of paws. I wouldn't mind teaching you a bit about the herbs now."

Dovesight grabbed a few herbs, chewing them into a paste. She then rubbed it into Yarrowblossom's shoulder. "These are daisy leaves. They are going to help with your stiffness. I also have elder leaves in there to help with the sprain. And dock to help with the pain and keep all of those cuts from getting infected. We can leave it at just those ones for now, once you are doing well enough, I can teach you a bit more. How are you faring, by the way? Have you been able to do any warrior tasks at all?" She was genuinely curious if Yarrowblossom had been able to work as a regular warrior despite his current ailments. After all, she had never forbade him from trying to hunt or anything, she was leaving what Yarrowblossom could do to what he felt comfortable with.

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Come In [Yarrowblossom]   Come In [Yarrowblossom] EmptyFri 26 Aug 2022 - 9:32

Yarrowblossom
Yarrowblossom gave Dovesight a warm smile, warped ever-so-slightly by the stinging in his leg. The medicine cat was a great friend and an amazing healer; it hurt Yarrowblossom to see her struggle. If learning about a few silly plants put a smile on her face and gave her some of the assistance she desperately needed, he would do so without hesitating. ”Go on! I should learn how to treat my leg myself anyway— I don’t want to keep bothering you!”

Dovesight went on a tangent about herbs for a few moments, guiding Yarrowblossom through the poultice now smeared into his fur. The smell was a little overwhelming, but the gangly tom tried his hardest to listen in rapture— if he learned how to make the concoction himself, he could skip relying on poor Dovesight entirely! She was so busy recently anyway… ”I’m okay!” Yarrowblossom but in, suddenly all too aware that Dovesight had addressed him. ”I can do plenty! Running and sneaking around is a little difficult though, and I’m not that great of a hunter… but I can help on patrols!”

Back to top Go down
Karuna

Karuna

Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: Come In [Yarrowblossom]   Come In [Yarrowblossom] EmptySun 28 Aug 2022 - 16:34

So he was able to function fine still. Good.

"Alright, well your leg should be alright for now. You sure you don't need anything else? You know I don't mind taking care of you. I do enjoy your company actually. I might get a little sad if you started treating yourself. I won't get to see you as often."

Despite herself, Dovesight couldn't help but chuckle.

"Well then, when you do become your own medicine cat, promise me you'll pay me a visit? I would hate to waste away in this den all by myself!"

Art by Copperbeanz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Come In [Yarrowblossom]   Come In [Yarrowblossom] Empty

Back to top Go down

Come In [Yarrowblossom]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: RiverClan Camp :: RiverClan Medicine Den-
Jump to: