Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Summer Camp [c]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lapis

Lapis

Characters : Comfreyheart, Ploverwing, Marigoldpaw, Fernpaw, Hornetkit, Maggot
Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat
Number of posts : 1412

Summer Camp [c] Empty
PostSubject: Summer Camp [c]   Summer Camp [c] EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 4:09 pm

Sandypaw
The River

It was a pleasant afternoon,
just hot enough that any cat would enjoy a nice trip to the river. Sandypaw had been itching for a good swim again, and after hours of intense work memorizing herbs and their uses, she felt it was about time for a break.

The she-cat wanted to bring a friend, both as company and protection. Too many cats had come in with injuries from predator battles, and the thought of another bird twisted her tail. After a bit of thought she knew she wanted to see Woolywing again. She quite liked the tom and hadn’t talked to him much since she had begun training and he had become a warrior. Sandypaw had asked him quietly if he’d like to go swimming, and was glad he accepted. Soon enough they were nearly at the river, and the small tan molly had grown very excited. “Swimming is so fun! Don't you think so?” she expressed brightly, “I like doing flips, and seeing the fish underwater.”

- Plotting | Chart | Profiles -

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

Summer Camp [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Camp [c]   Summer Camp [c] EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 9:25 am

Woolywing accompanied Sandypaw to the river, a bright smile on his face and his tail high in the air. It seemed that time was passing him by faster than he could process it- Sandypaw, mere moons ago the tiny kit he'd rescued from that eagle, was now a medicine cat apprentice. He was delighted for her. The attack had left them both scarred, mentally and psysically, but Sandypaw especially must have been traumatised. He couldn't imagine she wanted to become a warrior after all that.

They soon arrived at the river, pristine and clear on this gorgeous day. He turned to his friend, though she was really more of a little sister to him than just a friend. "I do love a good swim. It's harder to catch fish now I can't tell how far away from me they are, but they are beautiful. And I can still catch them easy enough in the shallows!" To demonstrate, he waded into the river. The feeling of cool water lapping at his heels made him purr. He hadn't swam in so long, he missed this. Though he was going to show Sandypaw how he fished, the water was far too inviting not to dive in. He sank into the water, legs instinctively kicking to keep himself afloat. Then he dove underwater, taking in the view of the glimmering fish as they swam all around him. Stars, the river was beautiful. He rose to the surface again, a grin on his face, and swam back to the shore.

He shook out his pelt, spraying Sandypaw with the cool water with a laugh. "I was going to fish, but the water's just lovely. You picked a great day for swimming!" He didn't return to the river just yet, setting his sights on the fish by the shore. Concentrating, and hoping his eye wouldn't fail him, he snapped out a paw and grabbed at a minnow that swam by. He missed it by quite a margin, the fish barely bothering to evade his attempt. He cursed to himself, sighing. It wasn't too bad having a missing eye, most times he barely noticed it, but since his whiskers couldn't help him judge distance in the water fishing had become a bit of a hassle.

He tried again, aiming for a larger fish this time, and managed to hook his claws into the scales of a trout. "Yes!! I did it!" He exclaimed, grabbing the fish in his mouth and showing it off to Sandypaw. "Thee? I can shtill fith! You thould try ith!" He mumbled through a mouthful of fish.

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Clan/Rank : [C] Thunderclan T5 Permaqueen [P] Skyclan T1 Warrior [M] Windclan Apprentice [F] Shadowclan Apprentice [H] Skyclan Kitten [Mg] Outsider Kitten
Cancer Rat

Summer Camp [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Camp [c]   Summer Camp [c] EmptyMon Sep 05, 2022 7:39 pm

Sandypaw
The River

With the river now in view she rushed into the shallow end. Glee filled her young heart, eagerly splashing it around while Woolywing spoke. “Ah right, loss of depth perception. Dovesight said that would happen. I wonder if there’s an herb for that?” The apprentice quieted down to let the fisher focus, resting in the bank. It'd be cool to learn to fish, then I'd have an excuse to go to the water more.

She giggled as Woolywing shook droplets all over her. “Yeah, the water feels so nice on this hot day.” While the tom kept trying to catch a fish, Sandypaw’s attention was on the water. She could see minnows darting through. The she-cat dunked her head under, opening her eyes to many minnows scattering over brown and grey stones. It was magical how the sun’s rays his the water just so. Beautiful.

Sandypaw brought her head back above, turning to the celebrating tom. “Wow!” she gasped excitedly, eyes on the trout, “That’s huge!” It was, at least to her. The young molly purred, brushing up against her large friend, “Great job Wooly, you’re the best fisher I know.”

Sandypaw sat in the shallows, facing the creek. “I don’t think I’d do well at fishing. Would you teach me?”

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Hornetkit
SkC Kitten
10 HP / 30 SP
Maggot
T1 Rogue
20 HP / 60 SP

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

Summer Camp [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Camp [c]   Summer Camp [c] EmptySat Sep 24, 2022 11:07 am

Woolywing dropped the fish at his feet and chuckled good-naturedly. "No, I don't think there is. It'd have to grow my eye back, I don't think there's any herbs that strong!" He watched her dunk her head beneath the river's surface, looking at all the fish just like he had. Though she wasn't a warrior's apprentice, Woolywing was glad that Sandypaw still had an interest in things like swimming and fishing. He didn't want her to live her whole life in the medicine den.

He purred right back as Sandypaw approached him and brushed against his side. "Thank you! Though I'd bet Minksplash is better. That molly can swim!" In fact, he sometimes found himself a little jealous of her. He was what he liked to call a 'functional' swimmer; he could keep his head above water, but the intricacies of Minksplash's underwater maneuvers were lost on him. He set the thought aside, making a mental note to ask Minksplash to swim with him sometime.

"I think you'd be a natural! Being small is only an advantage, ypu cast a smaller shadow so you scare less fish! Come here, I'll show you!" He waded into ankle-deep water, yellow eye following the fish that darted by. He wanted to find something big enough for her to catch, but small enough that it wouldn't be too overwhelming. Hmm...

Aha! He pointed at a rat-sized silver fish. "Alright Sandy, you see that dace over there? What you wanna do is stand within paw's reach, nice and still, and then..." He unsheathed his claws and made a grabbing motion, careful not to let his shadow scare the prey away. He smiled encouragingly at his young friend, silently wishing her luck.

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
Lapis

Lapis

Cancer Rat

Summer Camp [c] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Camp [c]   Summer Camp [c] EmptySun Oct 02, 2022 3:58 pm

Sandypaw
The River

She stood in the water next to him,
watching intently. Woolywing pointed out a fish, and showed her the motion. Sandypaw took a deep breath, and gave it a try. Unfortunately her paw came short and splashed into the water. “I knew I’d be bad,” she sighed, watching the fish wiggle away downstream. I’d rather be swimming with the fish, I’m way better at that. She rid the frown from her face as she looked to Woolywing again. The tom had been kind enough to try to teach her, so she might as well learn. “Can I try again please?”

Comfreyheart
TC Permaqueen
45 HP / 50 SP
Ploverwing
SkC T1 Warrior
30 HP / 80 SP
Marigoldpaw
WC Apprentice
20 HP / 60 SP
Fernpaw
SC Apprentice