Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

the mortal boy king [C]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse
Number of posts : 2494

the mortal boy king [C] Empty
PostSubject: the mortal boy king [C]   the mortal boy king [C] EmptyTue 16 Aug 2022 - 5:51

Nestled in the sea of pink and blue and purple, Adderpaw sat quietly. He'd asked Whisperear if they could go out, do something with their time, even made the offer to seem useful and practice his hunting if they agreed. Thankfully they had, but despite his promises, Adderpaw couldn't bring himself to get much done in the way of hunting. Once they had reached the blooming fields, he'd just quietly sat himself down between the petals, sighing quietly and gazing out into the sky.

Malaise had overtaken him, numbness too. Exhaustion seeped into his every action, even the smallest ones. Rousing himself from sleep in the morning had suddenly become the hardest thing he'd done, and it'd only been days. Anything that required more energy than that was overwhelmingly daunting; the thought of any sort of training or attempting to contribute to his Clan made his limbs briefly lock in his stress. Quietly he worried that even after moons, after seasons, he would still be dragging his paws listlessly through work.

Sniffling, Adderpaw blinked a few times, refocusing on the stretching expanse of blue above. It was a beautiful day, mildly warm and with only a few thick, downy clouds to mar the sky. With a snort, the apprentice cursed the daytime; he wanted to look at the stars, not squint into the sun. He was certain that if he looked at the stars long enough, counted them enough times, he would spot the place Goldenpaw had taken in the sky. Then again, the stars had always looked the same to him. He couldn't recall counting any new ones. Maybe cats went nowhere, after all.

Eventually: "I wonder if he ever came here." Adderpaw offered no context to his thoughts, nor did he lower his head to see if Whisperear had even remained near enough to hear him. For all he cared, he was muttering quietly to himself.
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Clan/Rank : RC T5 Deputy; SC T5; WC T5; SkC T5; RC T4; RC T4
Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 2961

PostSubject: Re: the mortal boy king [C]   the mortal boy king [C] EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 16:41

Whisperear

The death of Goldenpaw had come as a surprise to all of WindClan. He always shined with such radiance that it was startling to see such a light easily snuffed out. Whisperear had not gotten to spend much time with Coyotegrin’s son, but they knew that their former mentor would be suffering, as well as Goldenpaw’s sister Daisypaw and, of course, Goldenpaw’s closest friend, Adderpaw. Whisperear had spent more time with Adderpaw thanks to him being Whisperear’s apprentice’s brother. Whisperear did not know as much about Adderpaw as they did other cats, but even they could tell how differently Adderpaw was acting today.

They did not complain as they settled at the flower field, neither of them moving to partake in the promised hunting. They knew that Adderpaw was hurting, though Whisperear was not sure what to say to help. They’d been lucky enough to not lose anyone that they cared about in a manner like this, but it was still awful to see.

Their ears shifted towards Adderpaw when he spoke. Even if it was not directly to them, Whisperear found themselves replying anyway. He probably did. The flower field is a favorite spot for apprentices. They looked to Adderpaw who was only a couple of paces away. The boy’s eyes remained pinned to the sky above them. It reminded Whisperear of something they did in their youth, too. Whether we can notice it or not, there will be a new star for Goldenpaw up there tonight. He would have been gladly welcomed by StarClan.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Characters : [R]owansong [Ro]okflight [S]ilverhawk [P]igeonpouce [F]ish [T]wilightkit
Clan/Rank : [R] RiverClan T5 Elder [Ro] RiverClan T4 Warrior [S] ShadowClan T3 Warrior [P] T2 RiverClan Warrior [F] T2 Rogue [T] RiverClan Kit
Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: the mortal boy king [C]   the mortal boy king [C] EmptyThu 25 Aug 2022 - 21:26

The sound of Whisperear's voice made Adderpaw's whiskers twitch and, a bit begrudgingly, he turned to look towards the taller cat. It felt like they were privy to his silent thoughts, quietly mewing something about how there would be a star in the sky, just for Goldenpaw. At that, the small tom huffed, dropping his gaze to look at his own paws. They stirred through the flowers, accidentally separating petal from stem as they worked against the earth.

"And what if there isn't?" Adderpaw responded, his voice hardly more than a whisper. "I've never known someone who– who... died before, but the sky has looked the same since I was a kit." It wasn't saying much. He wasn't particularly old; the sky hadn't had much time to change. Still, it only looked different when it was cloudy. There had been no blazing light in the few nights that passed between now and Goldenpaw's death. Nothing looked different.

Sighing, Adderpaw shuffled briefly off his feet, edging closer to the warrior until they were sat side-by-side. He considered leaning against Whisperear for a brief moment, but just as quickly decided against it. It was hard, to feel so torn between seeking comfort and being adamantly opposed to looking as sad and small as he felt. If asked, he'd excuse it with not wanting to bother them with holding him up.

"How do you know? That he's up there?" Adderpaw went on in that same soft tone, a sniffle accompanying his words. "If I can't see it– I mean, I'm sure he is, just... how do I know? I can't know it, like I know where the flowers are, like I know what they feel like right now." For emphasis, he pressed his paws again into the bundle of colors– more careful this time, so none of them were pulled apart. "He's... not here. I do know that. How do you know he's anywhere else?"

FishRogue
T2 Rogue
#2F8A7B
SilverhawkShadowClan
T3 Warrior
#845D56
RowansongRiverClan
T5 Elder
#68228B
RookflightRiverClan
T4 Warrior
#6082B6
PigeonpounceRiverClan
T2 Warrior
#20AED4
TwilightkitRiverClan
Kit
#5B31AD
[not pictured]

Art by Xaandiir!
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Characters : [P]oppyshine; [Pi]neblossom; [W]hisperear; [C]rookedlight; [L]arkspring; [Wi]llowwisp
Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: the mortal boy king [C]   the mortal boy king [C] EmptyMon 29 Aug 2022 - 10:52

Whisperear

Whisperear stared up at the bright sky. They felt like if they strained enough, they could see the stars shining through the blue—but they knew that wasn’t the case. The sky was always too bright to see StarClan during the day. They listened patiently to Adderpaw, letting him express his doubts and frustrations. When he finished, Whisperear mewed, It will become more obvious, once you go to the Moonstone.

Their tone is quieter than usual as they continue. An apprentice’s rite of passage into warriorhood is to meet with a StarClan cat at the Moonstone. They are there, clear as day, so long as they had followed the warrior code—and Goldenpaw, we know has. It can be hard to remember to have faith, but it will become clear when you see one for the first time…Perhaps it will even be Goldenpaw himself who greets you at the Moonstone. They hoped that would be the case. Goldenpaw could Adderpaw with far more assurances than Whisperear could—but they would still try.

I was lucky, in a way—I had seen a StarClan cat before my Moonstone. There was a cat here in WindClan, Mistysky…She was Batsong’s adopted mother, and she helped look after me when I was a kit as well. She met an unfortunate fate during a Clan Gathering… Whisperear’s expression hardened, remembering that hard day. It was one of the only times Batsong had yelled at them, out of fear and grief. Whisperear’s own heart ached at the memory of losing not only Mistysky, but Swiftspirit too. They continued, During a frightful time in WindClan, when we needed experienced fighters, Mistysky appeared. She had left to join StarClan in the stars, but she was always watching over us, and came in our time of need.

Whisperear looked to Adderpaw. I promise you that Goldenpaw is up there, even if we cannot count the stars. Just as every other good cat that has been lost to this world is up there. As horrible as death is, at least we know what happened to them. Not like either of the Rosepaws, or Lavenderdrop, or Lionkit, or…Whisperear shook their head to rid their mind of the thoughts of those who had disappeared over the moons.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
PoppyshineT5 RiverClan Deputy
70HP/160SP
CherishSC Temp Plot NPC
60HP/130SP

* = Disabled Stats

Cat Directory  ❊  Plot Boards
Back to top Go down
downfive
Former Staff
Former Staff
downfive

Pisces Horse

PostSubject: Re: the mortal boy king [C]   the mortal boy king [C] EmptyFri 2 Sep 2022 - 18:28

Adderpaw listened intently, quietly focused on the gentle way the breeze stirred through his fur, the way it almost tried to carry Whisperear's gentle cadence off with it. It was like another voice had joined the conversation, soft and rustling as it blew through the field. The thought of the Moonstone daunted him, and of Goldenpaw being the one to meet him there even moreso. He wasn't sure he could handle that, if it were the case.

Whisperear went on. Adderpaw was smart enough to guess what they were talking about– only so many times had StarClan come down before the heavens. It'd been just before his birth, too. Something still troubled the little apprentice, though. Even if his worries about the presence of StarClan had been momentarily quieted, why did they have to exist at all? If StarClan was so powerful as he was meant to believe, or as they'd seemed to be when they'd rejoined their living kin for the war... shouldn't they have been strong enough to stop the march of death entirely?

It was as he was dwelling on the breadth of StarClan's power that a sudden, trembling breath rattled through his chest, and Adderpaw found his soft sniffles had turned into a sob. Just one pained noise, but he could feel the hot burn of tears in the corners of his eyes where there hadn't been just moments ago. "But it isn't fair," he protested weakly. "If they're so good, why do they die at all? Why do I– we –have to see the cats we care about there? Why can't they just–" Adderpaw trailed off, leaning against Whisperear with a shaky breath. He'd forgotten his composure; all he cared about in that second was the warmth of his friend beside him.

"What if I don't want to see anyone in StarClan? I want to see them alive, Whisperear, and well. It's– it's not fair, and it's hard, and I hate it."
Back to top Go down
xaandiir
Former Staff
Former Staff
xaandiir

Virgo Tiger

PostSubject: Re: the mortal boy king [C]   the mortal boy king [C] EmptySat 3 Sep 2022 - 21:02

Whisperear

When Adderpaw turned inward for comfort, Whisperear moved a paw around him so he was pressed up against their chest. No one ever wants someone else to die. But that’s not something that can change. StarClan does not have any influence over the realm of life and death beyond the lives they provide leaders. And…it’s better that they don’t. Everyone must die eventually, Adderpaw. It is awful when some die sooner than they should, but things cannot always go as planned.

They lifted their gaze back to the bright sky. All StarClan can do is watch what is going on and try to provide warnings to great tragedy that can be avoided. That is why they send warnings of things like forest fires, or the warrior code being broken. Beyond that, it is up to us to live our lives as best we can, and to love those that we have in our lives for as long as they are here.

Whisperear rested their head on top of Adderpaw’s. As awful as death is, sometimes at least knowing is better than the alternative. I’ve had several friends in WindClan who have disappeared without me knowing if they are alive or dead, and I’ll never know until I get to StarClan too…It is terrible to deal with the loss of life, but it is a finite end that we can all expect. It doesn’t heal the pain, but it helps you to understand it after a while.

#9999cc
PineblossomT5 ShadowClan
70HP/160SP
#6699ff
WillowwispT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP
#6abcde
CrookedlightT5 SkyClan
70HP/160SP
#ff6699
LarkspringT5 RiverClan
70HP/160SP