Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

breakfast in bed (c)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake
Number of posts : 6713

breakfast in bed (c) Empty
PostSubject: breakfast in bed (c)   breakfast in bed (c) EmptySun 14 Aug 2022 - 16:28

Since Poppyshine had agreed to take the day off, that opened up a spot in the hunting patrol she had previously assigned herself to go on. Perchstar took her place-- both to give the deputy an excuse to rest, and to possibly catch her some food to eat. The patrol had been small in the first place. So now it was just the RiverClan leader and Sprucepaw, one of Poppyshine's many kits. She had never interacted much with the tom one-on-one. This may be a chance for them to spend some time together. They were her best friend's kits, after all. Perchstar flicked an ear idly as she waited by the camp's entrance. The kits all had such different personalities, from what she remembered... what kind of cat would Sprucepaw be?

⸙ Larchpaw ⸙ ~ ☆ Perchstar ☆ ~ ♡ Hedgepaw ♡ ~ ◈ Dovetail ◈ ~ ○ Bubblebeam ○
⸙ WindClan ⸙ ~ ☆ RiverClan ☆ ~ ♡ ShadowClan ♡ ~ ◈ RiverClan ◈ ~ ○ SkyClan ○
⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

~~PM me here or on Discord if you want a topic with any of my cats!~~
~Wonderful Signature by Xaandiir!~
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2839

PostSubject: Re: breakfast in bed (c)   breakfast in bed (c) EmptySun 14 Aug 2022 - 17:03

(Ooc I always imagine Sprucepaw with a British accent but I guess you can imagine it however :D)

Sprucepaw, was a very responsible, organized, polite fellow. The apprentice was a good kid. Listened to his mum at all times and was very respectful to his clanmates. Above all else, Sprucepaw was a rule follower. He would follow the rules to the letter at all times. Even the little rules he would follow such as thanking starclan before meals, feeding the elders, kits , queens first and so on. This led him to sometimes be at odds with his sibling rowanpaw but overall he was very easy to get along with, was usually in a good mood and had a lot of the cheer and joy that his mum did.

Today was a very special day for the young lad, he got a chance to go hunting with perchstar. He looked up to her a lot and since he was always listening to stories around camp he had heard a good deal about her, such as how she had mentored his mum and even saved her once from drowning in the river.

He was glad that poppy was getting a very well earned rest and getting a patrol with perch was gonna be super fun he knew it!

Walking up to her he smiled and dipped his head in respect as the formalities were also very key to him. Being polite and proper and sometimes even too formal was his nature. His fur was well maintained and groomed as he had prepped for this and wasn’t about to show up with bits of fur sticking out.

Good day perchstar he greeted his leader.

It looks like a splendid day for our excursion he commented as he went with her out of camp and towards their destination of the river.

As they approached the river he glanced to her erm so brookstone has taught me a lot about fishing … but erm sometimes I still need help hauling the fish out of the water … especially if it’s super big
He figured that the proper thing to do was to let her know that ahead if time such that there was no surprises ??

He smiled a little hoping that wasn’t too awkward thing to say. Oh and umm she usually has me fish a little upstream so that in case I were to slip in she would have more time to catch me as I come to her… if that makes sense? he asked his leader…

Hmm hopefully she wouldn’t see this as rude of him telling her how to run this patrol, that was not at all his intent . He just wanted to tell her what he was used to in case she didn’t know? He shuffled back and forth on his paws a little awkwardly . He wasn’t usually feeling this awkward or nervous but getting to hunt with his leader had left him a little star struck (har har bad pun speedy).

Does that sound okie to you? he asked cheerfully grinning up at the much taller cat. He was short for an apprentice and was on the smaller end of the litter (I think lapis said sandy was the smallest but I could be misremembering either way spruce is one of the shorter ones)

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Characters : Living: Perchstar [P], Bubblebeam [B], Dovetail [D], Hedgepaw [H], Larchpaw [L]. Deceased/Missing: Tansyfoot, Turtlepelt, Morning, Longwhisker, Ryestep, Poolmist, Nettletail, Halfmoon, Freckleface, Lionfur, Shimmerheart, Breezewhisker, Honeydrop, Ashstar, Snowpaw, Brushgaze (NPC), Shellwater, Snowblossom, Quailfeather, Gingerstripe, Carat, Redwing, Graybriar, Pricklebush, Appledapple, Flutterpetal, Felix.
Clan/Rank : [P]: RiverClan Leader. [B]: SkyClan T3 Warrior. [D]: RiverClan T3 Warrior. [H]: ShadowClan Apprentice. [L]: WindClan Apprentice.
Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: breakfast in bed (c)   breakfast in bed (c) EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022 - 17:21

Well, Sprucepaw was far more formal than his mother had ever been. But compared to the recklessness of some of the apprentices and young warriors in the Clan-- Woolywing and Yarrowblossom sprang to mind unbidden-- it was nice to see that one or two were a little bit more respectful. He was certainly still eager and friendly, though. Good traits to have if one wanted to learn. As they walked together, Perchstar listened carefully to what the tom said, flicking an ear sideways in acknowledgement. "That's perfectly acceptable," she commented in response to his words about struggling with large fish. "If you catch a fish you need help with, simply let me know. I am sure you will get better as it as you get older." She nodded; it sounded like Brookstone was a good mentor. The young warrior had been doing the same thing that Perchstar normally did with all apprentices, especially since the incident when Poppyshine was young. "No problem. I usually do." When they reached the broader part of the river, the leader stopped and sat down, settling herself just upstream of the small calico tom. "Feel free to do some fishing. Show me what you know."

⸙ Apprentice ⸙ ~ ☆ Tier 5 Leader ☆ ~ ♡ Apprentice ♡ ~ ◈ Tier 3 Warrior ◈ ~ ○ Tier 3 Warrior ○

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: breakfast in bed (c)   breakfast in bed (c) EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022 - 17:41

He stayed very close to perchstar.  He was actually really good at not running off ahead or anything like that given that he was an apprentice.  He knew there could be eagles overhead and he had seen how dangerous they were when sandypaw his sister (sandykit at the time) was carried off by one of those.  So he stayed right next to perch happily.  Hmfff let any eagle try and do something reckless now!  I really hope I can get a nice fish… maybe I could give it to mum when we get back for her lunch he purred thoughtfully.  And maybe you could tell me a story about when she was young too he purred thinking about it.  Besides being very attentive to order, rules and good formalities, Sprucepaw also had a love for history of the clan and story telling or rather story listening was one of his favorite pass times (once he had all his chores done first that was the rules and his duty after all!)

Sprucepaw purred softly glad to hear that she agreed to these ideas.  He nodded as she instructed him to give it a try.  He walked very carefully to the waters edge.  Brookstone says to keep your shadow off the water to not scare them away he purred lowly.  He wanted to show that brookstone was an amazing teacher and what a good duo the apprentice and mentor pair made.  He hoped that he could do a good showing to his leader what all he had learned over the past little while.  Hmm okay focus … focus now.  He held his paw in a striking position over the water and waited patiently… this was the hardest part… the waiting.  

Brookstone had always said to hold super still so he tried to do just that waiting for hopefully a shadow to show or a silver flash off a fishies scales.

It felt like forever and his paw was tired of being ready to smack at the water … but he saw something moving towards him.  He grinned excited preparing for it to be within range… ughh it was just out of reach… maybe he could still go for it?!!

It started to go the other way… oh no you don’t! He quickly struck his paw down at the fish

Sprucepaw used 3 sp to try and catch fish

A funny scent flooded his nose and he forgot all about the fish… he had missed anyways… he whipped around and 2 weasels were standing there crouched low staring right at the young Tom. He was terrified. He couldn’t believe this… he panicked and tried to back up… his back paw dipped into the water… there was no where to run. Gulping he panicked shivering with fear. P-perchstar? the panic and fear very clear in his voice. He watched the pair of attackers getting closer and closer… they licked their lips as they circled him growled at him. He tried to be brave and remember his training but they had caught him so off gaurd and in the worst position being trapped by the river. The pair of weasels were smart they had cut off his only remaining escape routes by approaching at different angles… and he was disconnected from perchstar.

Perchhhh help me plea-// his voice was cut off mid sentence as the two attackers both lunged at him.

The pair was well coordinated and moved in at the same time. They were doing a style that was very hard to counter dodging back and forth . They quickly overwealmed Sprucepaw and bit at his sides drawing blood quickly on the poor young cat.

He yelped in pain and tried to hit back but they were super slippery and evaded anything he threw at them

Weasel 1 used war dance weasel 2 used war dance total of 12 damage to Sprucepaw

Special move!! War dance cannot be hit until after their next move

Meaning all of spruces attacks missed))

Sprucepaw felt heavy wounds dripping blood as they danced around him biting into him before quickly squirming away before he could counterattack

He was usually so well composed and formal … but he cried he broke down and heavy tears formed in his eyes as they tore into him…

pull yourself together he snapped at himself you are supposed to be an apprentice of riverclan! His voice told him … but everything hurt and he was so scared. He just wanted to go home and be with poppy right now .

Perch helppp he whimpered

Sprucepaw:

8 hp
57 sp

Weasel 1:
20 hp
120 sp

Weasel 2:
20 hp
120 sp

More Swiftheart

Last edited by speedy on Mon 15 Aug 2022 - 18:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: breakfast in bed (c)   breakfast in bed (c) EmptyMon 15 Aug 2022 - 17:41

The member 'speedy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 10

breakfast in bed (c) Mistpe10
breakfast in bed (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: breakfast in bed (c)   breakfast in bed (c) EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 14:38

Perchstar's hackles raised as two weasels made their way from the river, attacking Sprucepaw so quickly that she hadn't had enough time to move from her downstream position. Alarm spiked through her fur. Stars! I literally just promised Poppyshine that I wouldn't let anything happen to Sprucepaw! What if he gets badly hurt? It was difficult not to panic, the way the apprentice was wailing. He didn't seem to have hurt the attackers at all. Thankfully, her training kicked in. The leader ran forward, jumping atop one of the weasels and digging into it with her claws. They were just weasels. She could do this. It would be fine. The wounds were just superficial scratches. Keep it together. Keep it together. "Get behind me," Perchstar snapped, using the authoritative leader tone that she usually avoided. Hopefully the weasels would take the bait and target her instead.

Perchstar used Jumping Strike on Weasel #1, dealing 15 (10+3+2) damage and costing 7 stamina.

Perchstar:
80/80 HP
173/180 SP

Weasel #1:
5/20 HP
120/135 HP

Weasel #2:
20/20 HP
120/135 SP

Sprucepaw:
8/20 HP
57/60 SP

Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

PostSubject: Re: breakfast in bed (c)   breakfast in bed (c) EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 15:01

Pain, it was everywhere and everything was fuzzy around him.  He could feel his pelt hot with sticky blood that was dripping from his sides from their previous attacks.  The scratches stung but he did his best to focus.

Perchstar ordered him to get behind her.  Being the rule follower that he was, he wanted to do just that.  But all paths to doing so were blocked by the angry weasels.  So there really wasn't any way to do so... or was there?

He could to under the weasel and maybe rake its belly apart while he was at it! Yes! and if he did this he would be following Perchstars orders!  What could possibly go wrong?

He slid down under Weasel #2 and aimed to do just that.  Once he was done scaping its belly up the path would be clear so he could get behind her... At least thats how it played out in his head.

Sprucepaw attempts a belly rake against Weasel #2

Success!

The plan actually worked perfectly.

The second weasel was not expecting that at all and it yipped in pain as claws dug into its soft underbelly.

The pair of weasels were in way over their heads and they knew it. They had done this because the figured Sprucepaw would be an easy lunch. They were not expecting an angry protector to come crashing out and ripping them apart.

Both weasels scampered off no longer in any condition to fight.

Both weasels at 50% or lower
Weasel 1 has run away
Weasel 2 has run away

Sprucepaw scampered behind his leader just as she had told him to. He panted heavily, shivering he held her close looking up at her.

"I w-wanna go home" he meowed weakly. "I wanna go back and see poppy" he said eyes streaming. His legs felt so weak and he had so little energy. c-can you carry me back?" he asked quietly. It felt like an odd request but the trip back just felt daunting and overwhelming.

More Swiftheart

Last edited by speedy on Wed 17 Aug 2022 - 15:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15016

PostSubject: Re: breakfast in bed (c)   breakfast in bed (c) EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 15:01

The member 'speedy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

breakfast in bed (c) Mistpe10
breakfast in bed (c) Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Ash
Former Staff
Former Staff
Ash

Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: breakfast in bed (c)   breakfast in bed (c) EmptyWed 17 Aug 2022 - 18:31

Perchstar could not stop herself from letting out a quiet, shaky breath as Sprucepaw landed a blow and sent both weasels fleeing back into the forest. She would have had half a mind to chase them, if there wasn't something far more important to worry about. Turning around, she saw him. Sprucepaw. Thankfully, a quick glance showed that the wounds were not serious. They were likely painful, but they would heal in a matter of a few days, likely without leaving any scar behind. Well, no physical scars, anyway. It felt as if her heart would pound out of her chest, guilt completely swallowing her up inside. She had promised Poppyshine nothing would happen. She had promised. She had promised.

She didn't hear Sprucepaw at first. The cycling thoughts were too loud. However, once his words reached her, she shoved the spiral of anxiety temporarily from her mind and nodded. The tom was small... it wouldn't be too difficult. She had to get him back to Dovesight for a couple of cobwebs and some healing herbs. Then Poppyshine would see how she failed. Shut up Perchstar, shut up. There are more important things happening than your emotions. I thought you were doing acting like this? Stars' sake, get over yourself."Sure," she answered simply. A kinder or more emotionally aware cat would have spent words soothing the young tom, telling him things would be fine, apologizing, et cetera. The one word was all that the leader had in her. Still, she would take him back. The tall gray and white she-cat bent down slightly so that the apprentice could get onto her back, then grunted with effort as she stood up. He was certainly bigger than Snowkit, but still carriable. And with that, they went back to camp.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: breakfast in bed (c)   breakfast in bed (c) Empty

Back to top Go down

breakfast in bed (c)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: The River-
Jump to: