Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Tooth and Claw [closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

Tooth and Claw [closed] Empty
PostSubject: Tooth and Claw [closed]   Tooth and Claw [closed] EmptyTue 2 Aug 2022 - 18:06

Smallbean had gotten in the habit of waking up early for the sole purpose of organizing dawn patrols, but today he would also be taking his newest apprentice out for battle training. After quickly arranging a group to go out, he padded over to the apprentice's den and poked his head in. Scanning over the piles of fur scattered throughout the den, his gaze landed on one calico in particular. Carefully, he stepped across the den, avoiding any stray limbs he crosses paths with. When he made it to his apprentice, he gave her a soft nudge. "Hazelpaw, wake up. I'm taking you out to train. Meet me at the camp entrance once you're ready." He half-whispered. Once he saw movement from the apprentice, he left the den to wait at the camp entrance.

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
oryx

oryx

Characters : thistlemask | grebedance | turtlepaw
Clan/Rank : thunderclan t3 warrior | riverclan t3 warrior | thunderclan apprentice
Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: Tooth and Claw [closed]   Tooth and Claw [closed] EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 6:48

She yawned, revealing pink gums and sharp white canines, drawing into herself some more as Smallbean roused her. A sleepy groan escaped her as he whispered, but as Hazelpaw became more conscious, her whines stopped immediately, instead being replaced with a slightly less dull than usual excitement. She stood up and shook the dust from her calico pelt, wishing she had been awake slightly early to clean herself up, but didn't allow the slightly unhappy thoughts to completely mar her upbeat attitude.

Stepping carefully over sleeping bodies and outstretched tails, Hazelpaw settled next to her mentor, eyes slightly watery with jumping up so quickly from sleep. The calico allowed herself a deeply luxurious stretch, questions bubbling on her tongue. "What are we training? My hunting? My tracking? My fighting? No, wait, please don't be navigating the tunnels. Please!" The apprentice was clearly apprehensive about them at best, and she desperately hoped the tom wouldn't be so cruel as to take her in them.

character profiles | aussie
Thistlemask | ThunderClan T4 Warrior | #9f0fa8
Grebedance | RiverClan T3 Warrior | #00bc91
Turtlepaw | ThunderClan Apprentice | #eda324
Back to top Go down
cotton
Former Staff
Former Staff
cotton

Characters : [S]mallstar [A]stershine [J]ayfrost [F]allowpaw ----- DECEASED: Robinloft Clementine Elsa, Morningpaw,
Libra Dog
Number of posts : 2016

PostSubject: Re: Tooth and Claw [closed]   Tooth and Claw [closed] EmptySat 6 Aug 2022 - 1:18

Smallbean let out a small chuckle. "No need to worry, we won't be doing any tunneling today." It wasn't as if he knew the first thing about tunneling, anyways. Maybe he'd need Coyotegrin to show him around them sometime. "We'll be working on your fighting skills. I'll teach you some moves, maybe even do some sparring!" As far as he knew, Hazelpaw hadn't fought much, although she probably knew the basics. During their training he would be sure to take note of what she already knew. "If you're ready, it's time to leave. Follow me, alright?" He beckoned the apprentice with a flick of his tail.

As soon as he emerged out onto the moors, he was met with the cool morning breeze as it ruffled his pelt- it would surely become hotter as the day went on, he would savor the feeling while he still could. Leading Hazelpaw further away from camp, he filled the trip with small chatter. When they reached a particularly flat piece of land, he stepped away from Hazelpaw, turning to face her. "This is where we will be training. First, I'm going to demonstrate a few moves to you, then you can practice them on me, alright?"

Finding a small shrub nearby, he decided that it would serve as a fake enemy to use his attacks on. "Watch me closely. Pretend this shrub is an enemy." Dropping into a battle stance, he prepared to attack the plant. Smallbean used a small range of attacks, first lashing out with unsheathed claws, tearing leaves off the plant. Almost immediately after, he lashed out again, this time quicker. "Did you see that?" He looked at Hazelpaw. "I attacked twice in quick succession. The first attack was a basic paw strike, but the second one is something only Windclan cats can do. It's called Swift Strike, it's pretty useful to get damage in on an opponent quickly. I'll show you one or two more moves."

Facing the shrub again, which was now nearly torn to shreds, he lowered himself to the ground and delivered an attack to the bottom of the plant before standing back on his paws. "Realistically, that attack would have been to your opponent's underbelly. You want to be careful when using it, though. It's easy to get caught under your opponent's paws."

"If you think you're ready, we can try sparring together- I'll let you go first. Make sure to keep your claws sheathed, though. You don't want to actually hurt me. Or-" He abandoned the shrub, walking back over to Hazelpaw. "You could practice on the shrub yourself."

Smallbean used Front Paw Strike, Swift Strike, and Belly Rake on Shrub, costing 42 SP all together

Smallbean:

70/70 HP
118/160 SP [-42]

[haha i didn't use dice or rules or anything cuz its a plant, but i used the system cuz realistically Small would use energy fighting the shrub]

∞ Former Windclan Leader ∞ || Former Site Adminsitrator

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://kiz-mett.carrd.co/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tooth and Claw [closed]   Tooth and Claw [closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

Tooth and Claw [closed]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warrior Clan Cats :: Areas of the Forest :: WindClan Territory-