Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

Subverted Expectations [C]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Characters : (W)oolywing, (B)lackbear, (Bu)tterfly
Clan/Rank : (W) RiverClan T3 Warrior, (B) SkyClan T4 Warrior, (S) T1 Loner
Aries Rooster
Number of posts : 829

Subverted Expectations [C]  Empty
PostSubject: Subverted Expectations [C]    Subverted Expectations [C]  EmptySun 31 Jul 2022 - 14:52

The sun was low and the temperature dropped little by little, uncomfortable heat giving way to a warm, breezy evening. Blackpaw trod through the underbrush, ears flicking this way and that and whiskers twitching with excitement. A bird flew just overhead, but she barely spared it a glance; she wasn't here to hunt. No, she was here to do something much, much funner. After weeks and weeks and weeks of convincing, Fogpaw had finally agreed to spar with her. She never got to spar anymore. The kits were apparently too small to spar with and she hadn't been on a battle patrol yet, and the other apprentices generally didn't talk to her much. Not that she cared. She was getting along just fine with just Fogpaw and Birdchaser. The others were annoying anyway, why would she wanna talk to them? She sniffed indignantly.

Finally, she arrived at a small clearing. Perfect. She sat down in waiting for exactly 3 seconds before getting utterly bored of that. She paced for another 6 until her pelt itched with inactivity. She even tried climbing, but with no prey to climb for even that got boring about a minute later. She stayed up on a low branch, raking at the tree with one of her paws and clinging to the branch with the other. Her swipes grew more vicious as she grew more impatient. She hissed at the tree, as if to scare it into being more interesting. Finally, when she thought she was going to die of boredom or perhaps attempt to kill the tree, she heard a twig snap and leaves rustle. She whipped around as fast as a large cat teetering on a branch can and watched with an excited look as Fogpaw entered the clearing. Wasting no time, she shimmied and leapt from the branch squarely onto her friend, bowling the sturdy tom over. Her claws were still unsheathed, though they probably didn't hit skin through all that fluff. "Fogpaw! Finally. I've been boring my tail off." Her tail swished with anticipation.
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Characters : [B]Briarkit
Clan/Rank : [B]WindClan Kit
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: Subverted Expectations [C]    Subverted Expectations [C]  EmptyMon 1 Aug 2022 - 9:12

Fogpaw
Fogpaw trudged into the clearing, noticeably in a more sour mood than usual. He couldn’t help but be a little excited for his and Blackpaw’s spar, especially since it meant a moment away from camp. Most cats had the sense to leave him alone, especially now with everything going on, but his siblings and foster mentors alike now won't ever give him a moment of reprieve. Finally, some peace and quiet, time to think and brood—

Blackpaw barreled straight into him, as irritated and loud as ever. Fogpaw just sighed in defeat. He honestly wasn’t sure why he ever expected some peace when in Blackpaw’s company anyway.

He had told her that they were going to spar, which was a straight, bold-faced lie. He needed some extra help collecting herbs, and Plumpaw had her hands full back at camp. Blackpaw never would have agreed if he had told her she was to do manual labor, so he had come up with a simple white lie. She still thought he was a hardened criminal, which he had told her in hopes of her leaving him alone. Of course, it did the complete opposite— she worshiped the ground he walked on, and followed him everywhere. Blackpaw was now just an especially fluffy thorn in his side.

”I came exactly when I said I would. It’s your fault you decided to come early.” Fogpaw huffed, not stopping to engage with the apprentice and instead continuing to pad across the field. There were some flowers and herbs sprouting in patches across the grass, and Fogpaw was sure he could find some he and Plumpaw desperately needed. ”Before we begin, we need to collect some things. I need to be able to heal either of us if we end up with any injuries.”

Back to top Go down
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Subverted Expectations [C]    Subverted Expectations [C]  EmptyWed 3 Aug 2022 - 13:49

Blackpaw hissed a little as Fogpaw brushed her off and continued trotting across the clearing. Why weren't they fighting already? She itched to sink her claws into something. She'd even settle for a claws-in spar! That was generous, right? Why didn't Fogpaw seem as excited as she was? She marched after him, eyes narrowed. "What gives?" she growled, annoyed. Fogpaw may be a battle-weary murderer, but right now Blackpaw wanted nothing more than to bite him. "I came on time. Sunset." She insisted. She made sure to check the sun and everything! Her tail tip twitched as she grew more irate.

Blackpaw stopped in her tracks, wide eyes staring at Fogpaw. "Herbs??! I'm not a medicine cat. Gather on your own." She sat down firmly, ears pinned. What was he playing at? Did he have to get herbs when he fought all those cats he killed? No. So why now? She wouldn't need healing. She looked pointedly away from Fogpaw, staring daggers at some poor pine tree. Her paws began to fidget, claws flexing. Her tail thrashed, half with anger and half boredom. Oh, stars, the boredom. She looked back at Fogpaw, who was now quite a ways off staring at some plant. She glowered at him for a few moments. Soon the itch to move was too much and she was on her feet, curiosity winning out over annoyance. She loped towards Fogpaw, a steady growl rumbling in her throat. "...If this is boring I'll fight you right here, no waiting for herbs."

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Subverted Expectations [C]    Subverted Expectations [C]  EmptySat 6 Aug 2022 - 11:19

Fogpaw
“I said after sunset. I told you I’d arrive after the sun had sunk beneath the trees. You never listen to anything, do you? Just in one fluffy ear and out the other.” Fogpaw huffed, still examining the fresh herbs in front of him. While any herbs at all would be fine, Fogpaw was most focused on getting his paws on some that were more in-demand; chicory root, feverfew, tansy… Trufflesnap depleted a lot of their stock.

Not that he could say he really minded. He praised Starclan for the first time in a while when she finally broke her fever.

Fogpaw didn’t even bother to turn his head when he heard Blackpaw begin to grow restless, growling at him. She tried all her might to be threatening, didn’t she? ”Don’t you know the rules of a fair fight? You can’t spar someone who isn’t facing you. I wasn’t planning on killing you just yet, maybe just a few bruises, but any more attitude and I’m changing my mind, you hear me? Now, help me gather these herbs. You’ll need them, believe me. Don’t you want to live to see another sunset?”

He’d never admit it, of course, but Fogpaw was beginning to grow restless too, but for an entirely different reason. Blackpaw seemed to completely believe his story of  being a cold-blooded killer, but it hadn’t even occurred to Fogpaw until that very moment that he had never actually sparred before. He became a medicine cat apprentice right after kithood, never became an actual apprentice, never had hunting or fighting training— but Blackpaw has, plenty of times. Besides her generally violent behavior, Birdchaser was her mentorl; Stars above, if they actually had a spar she would go giggling to his elder sister about how pitiful he was, wouldn’t she? He quickly shook the thought away-- he had found some feverfew, perfect for what he was looking for. He had to focus on other things.

Last edited by Muggy on Sat 6 Aug 2022 - 13:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Subverted Expectations [C]    Subverted Expectations [C]  EmptySat 6 Aug 2022 - 13:49

(roll because i forgot to lol)

Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: Subverted Expectations [C]    Subverted Expectations [C]  EmptySat 6 Aug 2022 - 13:49

The member 'Muggy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 5

Subverted Expectations [C]  Mistpe10
Subverted Expectations [C]  Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Snickerdoodle
Former Staff
Former Staff
Snickerdoodle

Aries Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Subverted Expectations [C]    Subverted Expectations [C]  EmptyFri 12 Aug 2022 - 1:14

Blackpaw hissed, more out of general annoyance than as a response tp anything specific. Her whole body told her to ignore Fogpaw and just attack him. He couldn't not spar if she attacked first, right? But if she did, she worried he'd never want to spar with her again. She'd hate that; despite how utterly irritating he could be, Fogpaw wasn't half bad to hang around with. Plus, she wouldn't want to pass up the opportunity to fight with such an experienced battler. When she beat him, she could be twice as proud of herself. So, ignoring her basal instincts, she huffed with exasperation and turned her eyes to the ground.

"Just this once, Fogpaw. Like you could kill me anyway. I'm stronger than any enemy cat you've killed." She had no doubt in her mind that she was stronger. Fogpaw was a murderer, but Blackpaw was as tall as he was and probably had sharper teeth. Besides, she wasn't convinced she could die. She wasn't old, and she definitely wasn't weak, so what could kill her?

She sniffed around, claws tearing up the plants beneath her feet as she searched for any bad smells. Knowing what Fogpaw and his den smelled like, there was no way any of the herbs he was looking for smelled good. She really hoped she wouldn't need any after their spar. She didn't want to stink like Fogpaw did.

After a while of sniffing and a few more irate hisses directed at nobody in particular, she came across a tall stemmed plant with weird yellow flowers on top. She sniffed it hesitantly, recoiling at the herb-y fragrance. Ick, this was definitely medicine. She grabbed it haphazardly with her teeth, tearing the plant from the earth and carrying it over to Fogpaw. "What's this? Is it useful? It better be useful."

Blackbear of SkyClan-50/120
Lousekit of ShadowClan-10/30

*=disabled
**=unborn

Last edited by Snickerdoodle on Fri 12 Aug 2022 - 1:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15017

PostSubject: Re: Subverted Expectations [C]    Subverted Expectations [C]  EmptyFri 12 Aug 2022 - 1:14

The member 'Snickerdoodle' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Effect Dice' : 6

Subverted Expectations [C]  Mistpe10
Subverted Expectations [C]  Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
Muggy

Muggy

Taurus Monkey

PostSubject: Re: Subverted Expectations [C]    Subverted Expectations [C]  EmptyFri 12 Aug 2022 - 20:19

Fogpaw
Shaking his head in disdain and continuing his search was all that Fogpaw had the strength to do. Blackpaw was still so young and gullible, but strong nonetheless— he wasn’t too keen on actually finding out jusy how strong that was.

Fogpaw quickly swiveled his head around at Blackpaw’s announcement, however— had the apprentice really found something? He was partly convinced she wouldn’t have been able to find anything of actual use, but some tansy sprouts hung from her teeth. So she was useful, afterall.

”Good job. Those are tansy, Blackpaw. Used to treat simple coughs.” Fogpaw nodded in approval. If he had Blackpaw slaving away in the bushes, he might as well teach her a few things. ”Say… wouldn’t you like to learn how to patch yourself up after a fight? You wouldn’t have to stop at the medicine den anymore. If you continue to find some herbs, I can teach you what they’re for and how to use them.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subverted Expectations [C]    Subverted Expectations [C]  Empty

Back to top Go down

Subverted Expectations [C]
Page 1 of 1