Warrior Clan Cats

The future's in your paws. Shape it well.

Roleplay in a cat Clan of warriors. Based off the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. Takes place in an AU before the cats in the books existed.

HomePortalSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to WCC! Here are our latest announcements:
Activity checks take place on the 1st of the month. PM a staff member with the completed form if you missed it.
Newleaf is finally here, and the Clans hope to find reprieve from the tough Leaf-bare.
Gatherings take place on the 1st of the month; keep your eyes out for a staff member's post!
Please feel free to hit up any staff member if you have any questions!

One little Fishy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
speedy

speedy

Number of posts : 2850

One little Fishy Empty
PostSubject: One little Fishy   One little Fishy EmptyTue 26 Jul 2022 - 21:02

Sprucepaw awoke the day after his apprentice ceromony filled with exctiment and energy. Shaking the moss bedding off that clung to his fur he gave himself a complete grooming before heading out. He wanted to look his best for his mentor, and his clan. He was gonna do anything that Brookstone asked of him.

He was a very good listener and followed every rule to the letter. This was gonna be so much fun. He finally got to go out and see beyond the camp walls. He could not belive how lucky he was to get his older sister as a mentor. He was super excited to get to train with her and that was gonna make it even better for sure!

She had always called him and his siblings "little fishies" which he really liked. He loved that nickname and hoped that she wouldnt stop using it now just because he was an apprentice.

Walking over to the warrior den he gave a final check to make sure all his fur was laying the way it should be and called out for her.

"Hey sis! Your little fishy is ready for you! he meowed with a little giggle. He sat down by the den patiently waiting for her to awaken and come on out. He wondered what new sights they would get to see and what they would work on today.

More Swiftheart
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

One little Fishy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One little Fishy   One little Fishy EmptyWed 27 Jul 2022 - 5:35

🪨【Brookstone】🪨

Rousing from her slumber with slight confusion, Brookstone sat up in her nest and turned to face the den entrance. She squinted her eyes, blinked a few times, then shook her head. "Sprucepaw? Wha-" Oh! It was his first day of training and it seemed that young Spruce had been more than eager to please and had decided to wake up earlier than his mentor so they could get a headstart. She snorted and grinned. Her little fishies never failed to make her day brighter.

She quickly groomed her wayward fur and blinked away any of the lingering grogginess from her eyes. She didn't want to keep him waiting. Wouldn't be a good impression on good ol' Spruce-ter. She was supposed to be the responsible one but it appeared she was given the apprentice that'd give her a run for her prey.

"Mornin' my little fishy! It seems that you're more than ready to get going huh? Well, I won't keep ya waitin' any longer then. I appreciate ya being early on your first day." She patted the younger's back with her tail. "As I mentioned during your ceremony, we're gonna be doing some good ol' fishin'. Since fishin' is a big part of our clan, I decided on teachin' ya that skill for your first lesson. You'll be taught how to land hunt too, though. It's important to learn that just in case. ya never know when we'll be caught unaware and water becomes inaccessible. Starclan forbid that but crazier things have happened," she paused for a second before grinning, "Anyway, let's get goin'. We'll be traveling to the heart of the river so you can do some explorin' along the way." She began to lead him to the camp's entrance. Just before taking a step outside, she turned back to address him one last time, "This'll be your first time out of the camp. I hope you're ready to see how awesome our territory is. It's quite pretty during Greenleaf." With that, she beckoned him to follow her into the territory. It was time to start their training as mentor and apprentice.

After taking some time to admire the land around them as they traveled, the duo had finally arrived at Brookstone's favorite fishing spot. She had always used this spot for as long as she had been allowed out of the camp. It was time for her to pass it down to her dear little fishy. It was a sort of "secret honor" of sorts. The only other cat who knew this was Stormdance. That was a given, though. She shared almost everything with him. He was her best friend.

"We made it, little fishy! I hope you enjoyed our walk over here. I like to stroll around once in a while. it's refreshing during the early mornin'. Hey, maybe we can both stroll together one day as a nice relaxing day. We'll have to find a day where neither of us are busy, though." She took in a deep breath before releasing it. "Alright. Follow me to the edge of the riverbank but stay a few steps behind me. I'll be showin' you how to fish. Also, before I forget, this is my favorite fishin' spot. I've used this all throughout my apprenticeship and even now, as a warrior. It hasn't failed me yet so I hope to pass on this to you. Hopefully, some of the luck will rub off on ya." She chuckled and shook her head. "Anyway, listen up. I'll explain how to do one step first. Then I'll demonstrate how to do it so you can see it in action. I'll repeat that each time until I catch a fish. After all that, I want you to try catching a fish using what I showed you. Got it? Good!"

"Okay so step one is to get up close to the edge of the bank but not too close so you don't slip in. I'll be behind you as you try it yourself so I can help you instantly. I have faith in ya, my little Spruce-ter, but you have to remembah that even if you're being extra careful, life likes to play around sometimes and will throw your balance off. It just happens. However, I'll be here so just rely on my abilities to keep ya safe. You're my responsibility and my little sibling. I care for ya a lot." She smiled softly before continuing, "So, once you are as close as you can get without it becoming dangerous, you will need to look at the water and see where your shadow falls on it. There isn't too much of an issue with the light right now since it's early in the mornin' but when you go fishin' later in the day, the sun will be shining down a lot more so keep this in mind: your shadow can sometimes spook the fish away even before it gets close to ya."

The young warrior positioned herself near the river's edge and took a glance down at the water. She was fine for now. "Next, get out those nice claws of yours. Ya need to be prepared for when a fish swims by," she paused to do just that, "Alright. Now comes the test of patience. Also, dependin' on how deep the fishes are swimmin', how high the river is, or how fast the river's flowin', you'll have different experiences every time. For example, you can see that the river is higher than normal and it's also movin' a bit quicker. Due to this, the fish will be swimmin' a bit closer to the surface. The lower the water, the further they'll retreat into it." She quickly repositioned herself so she'd be more comfortable. "So," she continued, "We'll be lookin' out for shadows and blurry blobs in the water. Sometimes you'll have to wait a while for any to appear from upstream and other times you won't have to wait at all. It's quite random. As I said, it's a test of patience."

Brookstone looked back to the water and sat still as she waited, blue gaze focused solely on any small figures heading in her direction. Once she spotted a few rushing downstream, she grinned. "See them, little fishy? They're heading right for me! Now, what you'll wanna do is raise a paw and hold it a bit above the water. Once one of the fish has swum right under you, you're going to scoop it up and hook it with your claws. Use your other paw if the fish is a bit too heavy. Kill it as soon as you've got a good grip on it so it doesn't wiggle out of your hold. Then, set it behind you—not beside you in case you didn't fully kill it and it decides to hop back into the water."

She stopped speaking as one of the shadows from earlier moved directly under her. There! It was time to try and catch it. Here's to hoping her lucky spot hadn't run out of luck.

❥Brookstone tried to catch a fish and was successful! It cost her -3 [SP].

30 | 30 [HP]
77 [80-3] | 80 [SP]

Beaming as she successfully hooked a decently sized carp, the brown and white tabby used her other unsheathed paw to grab it tightly and quickly delivered a killing bite. She turned back and set it behind her and pushed it further away for extra measure.

She nodded to Sprucepaw. "Did you see it all? Now, I want you to try. Give it your best shot. I believe in ya, little fishy. Don't be discouraged if ya don't get it on the first try. However, you got that great Riverclan blood in ya so I feel like you'll do fine. Oh! And if a fish proves to be too heavy for ya to scoop up, please let me know and I'll help ya hoist it up. I'll move back now so you can take my place. Remember that I'm right behind ya. I'll have your back in case of any problems." She quickly moved away from the edge and gestured for the young apprentice to try his paw at fishing. She settled down to watch barely a tail-length behind him as promised.

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan

Last edited by Maagistar on Wed 27 Jul 2022 - 5:44; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Characters : Mistpelt
Clan/Rank : RiverClanWarrior
Pisces Dog
Number of posts : 15048

One little Fishy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One little Fishy   One little Fishy EmptyWed 27 Jul 2022 - 5:35

The member 'Maagistar' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 7

One little Fishy Mistpe10
One little Fishy Sig2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/profile?user=xxxmuffinheadxxx
speedy

speedy

One little Fishy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One little Fishy   One little Fishy EmptyFri 29 Jul 2022 - 16:43

Sprucepaw grinned from ear to ear as his mentor emerged from her den.  He let out a soft purr as she patted his back.  "morning sis!" he purred back greeting her giving her a little nuzzle on her shoulder.  He listened attentively and without interruption as she told him the plan for the day.  He nodded eagerly and flicked his tail side to side.  "ohh! yes I can finally see outside of camp. I cant wait to catch some fish... maybe ill get a nice perch" he meowed while trotting along side her as they exited the camp.

His eyes widened looking around as they made way to the river.  "wow.  It is beautiful out here" he commented enjoying being able to get some time out of camp.  

When they reached the river, Sprucepaw nodded in agreement about the part of getting to take a stroll sometime together in the future.  He would like that alot.

He looked at the river flowing by and was a little nervous at first by it.  He had practiced with the shallow pools his swimming but never in water this fast.

His attention was quickly brought back to his mentor when she started talking agian.

He listened carefully to her instruction and did exactly what she said. He kept a little behind her just as she had asked.

She explained that when it was his turn she would be right there for him and how much she cared for him as her younger sibling.  He grinned alot hearing that and purred a little.  

Her advise about the shadows was super helpful, he would have never thought of that.

He waited not moving at all as it was now just patience like she said.  He nodded when she asked if he saw them coming toward her Come on sis get it! he thought eagerly watching with wide eyes .

It was incredible! in a flash Brookstone had snatched up a very big looking fish and soon had it hauled up on the shore beside them.

Woah he whispered staring at it at their paws.  He grinned up at her You made that look really easy he purred happily.

She moved out of the way and was gesturing for him to try now?  He nodded a little shakily and went to the edge just like she had shown him.  The water was moving really fast it fealt like now that he was closer.  He was nervous but had remembered what she had said...

"I'll be here so just rely on my abilities to keep ya safe. You're my responsibility and my little sibling. I care for ya a lot."

it calmed him enough so he could at least focus on the hunt.  Crouching low next to the water as she had done he sat and extended his claws so he would be ready for when they came near enough.  He held still for a long long time.

His legs were starting to ache from being crouched for so long and it felt like there was no more fish in this river.  He took a deep breath remembering that patience was part of this as well.  He kept still not moving at all and was mindful especially of his shadow as well.  

Out of the corner of his eye, a flash of light reflected from below the water, scales!  He grinned watching the fish move closer and closer to its location.  His heart was pounding as he raised his paw slowly to strike.  please dont mess this up he thought to himself

Sprucepaw has attempted to catch a carp for -3sp

rolling... success!

the fish went under his raised paw for just a split second, but that was all the time he needed.  He struck his paw down and tried to hook it just like sis had said to.  It worked as his claws dug into the unsuspecting fish and he managed to drag it halfway out of the water.  It was floping around alot trying to escape him.  Remembering what she had said he got both his front paws pulling on it up out of the water.  But it was heavy! and it was mad!  it flopped around in his grasp trying to get free.

It was quite a battle, but he managed to drag it with help from his jaws as well over to the shore farther from the river.  It still was angry and desperate to get back to the water flopping around.  He managed to kill it finally with a bite and it went still.

Hmm well it was for sure not as clean a kill or as easy as his sister had made it look but he had done it!  He had caught his very first fish.

"I did it sis! I did it!" he purred smiling happily at her.  He pranced to her side super happy and with pride.  Nudging her shoulder happily "best mentor eva!"

More Swiftheart

Last edited by speedy on Fri 29 Jul 2022 - 16:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

One little Fishy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One little Fishy   One little Fishy EmptyFri 29 Jul 2022 - 16:43

The member 'speedy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

One little Fishy Sig2
Back to top Go down
Maagistar

Maagistar

Characters : ➀Forestbreeze ➁Brookstone ➂Briarrose
Clan/Rank : ➀Shadowclan T5 ➁Riverclan T5 ➂Thunderclan T4
Leo Cat
Number of posts : 497

One little Fishy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One little Fishy   One little Fishy EmptyThu 11 Aug 2022 - 4:43

🪨【Brookstone】🪨

Pride shone within Brookstone's gleeful gaze as she watched her awesome apprentice catch his first fish—it was his first catch ever! He struggled a bit with hauling it up but at least she had warned him ahead of time. The more times he'll do it, the easier the movements will become. He'll be a pro in no time with how skilled he already seemed to be. He was a natural and Brook couldn't be prouder of her little brother!

"Way ta go, little fishy! Ya did great for your first time, Spruce-ter! I'm proud of ya," she praised eagerly. "You should show it off to your mom and the others. It's a catch worthy of sharin' as a meal with the family," she stated with a grin. She wouldn't mind having a bit of a celebration feast afterward. Even just thinking about it made her near-ravenous. She needed to tone it down before she gobbled up her fish before even returning back to camp. It wouldn't be proper of her and her rule-centric apprentice would probably faint if she did such a thing.

She felt her face heat at the sudden praise he was giving her. "A-And you're the best apprentice eva!" she purred playfully with an added wink. She then began to step back up to the water. "Alright, let's catch once more each, and then we can head back. You have a firm grasp on the important basics of fishin' that'll help ya greatly these next few moons. Just keep practicin' even when we're not training. Just be careful if you do, 'kay?" She then eyed the water and lifted a paw as she noticed a quick figure swimming their way. "Now, it's my turn," she murmured absentmindedly as her paw shot forward without much thinking.

❥Brookstone tried to catch a fish and was successful! It cost her -3 [SP].

30 | 30 [HP]
74 [77-3] | 80 [SP]

"Gotcha!" she exclaimed as she hooked up the wriggling prey. She killed it with a firm bite and turned to place it next to her other one. She then faced Sprucepaw. She nodded at him and gestured to the water. "Your turn, my awesome little apprentice. I know you'll catch anothah one. You're a natural."

【Current Cats】
═════════════════════
⓵ Forestbreeze of Shadowclan
⓶ Brookstone of Riverclan
⓷ Briarrose of Thunderclan

Last edited by Maagistar on Thu 11 Aug 2022 - 4:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

One little Fishy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One little Fishy   One little Fishy EmptyThu 11 Aug 2022 - 4:43

The member 'Maagistar' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 5

One little Fishy Sig2
Back to top Go down
speedy

speedy

One little Fishy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One little Fishy   One little Fishy EmptySat 13 Aug 2022 - 21:03

Sprucepaw grinned ear to ear hearing his mentors praises.  He was happy at how well a team and duo they were.  He loved the nicknames she gave him too hehe spruce-ter he giggled

Yeah the fish did sound good but the elders and queens and kits were to be fed first.  

So he didn’t really even think of eating now.  

His sister soon after caught another one and he smiled happily you make it look easy he complimented

He nodded at her instruction to try for one more before going back… yeah if they could catch 4 it would feed lots of hungry cats he figured.  He was so happy he could start helping with the hunting and so far it was going super well.

He sat carefully by the water edge and waited patiently just like she had taught him…

Spruce attempts to catch a fish…

It actually didn’t take much patience at all this time… before he knew it the biggest looking fish he had ever seen flashed silvery scales just below his paw. Eyes wide with excitement he scooped at his hooking his claws into it catching it! He tried hauling it in best he could but it was flopping all around and it was a lot bigger than his first catch. He struggled under its weight as it tried to swim away. He gripped his other paw into it as well and with his back paws duck his claws against the shore holding on tight. It was a deadlock tie between the two, Sprucepaw trying to haul in his big prize and the fish fighting to get away.

He glanced at his sister hmm can you help me please he meowed still holding on tight to it under the water

More Swiftheart

Last edited by speedy on Sat 13 Aug 2022 - 21:09; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mistpelt

Mistpelt

Pisces Dog

One little Fishy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One little Fishy   One little Fishy EmptySat 13 Aug 2022 - 21:03

The member 'speedy' has done the following action : Dice roll

'Hunting Dice' : 3

One little Fishy Sig2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One little Fishy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One little Fishy   One little Fishy Empty

Back to top Go down

One little Fishy
Page 1 of 1